Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What exists to provide justification for unexplained changes?
2. What makes the techniques for interjecting humor even more effective?
3. How can changes in people be perceived by others?
4. According to the author in the beginning of Chapter 12, what changes along with people?
5. Which type of narrative is most often used when writing from a Representation perspective?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the hero in fiction as it is described in the book. Explain the definition of a hero, what traits contribute to a heroic character, which situations can cause characters to reveal their heroic side, and how an ordinary person doing extraordinary things can add to the drama of a story. Include examples of literature to illustrate the way a hero can be created and developed effectively.
Essay Topic 2
Define creative writing as an art form using examples of other mediums and how they differ from writing. Also, compare and contrast the storyteller and the writer, their responsibilities, and the ways they approach the story.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the main purpose of writing by answering the following:
1) What is the purpose of fiction and characters that are written effectively?
2) What is the expectations that a reader has of a fictional story and why?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)