|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two questions the author poses at the end of Chapter 2 add to a novel?
(a) Dramatic interest for the characters and events.
(b) Practical interest for the characters and events.
(c) Practical interest for the background of a character.
(d) Dramatic interest for the background of a character.
2. What happens if a disproportionate amount of justification is presented in a story?
(a) The reader will not expect the things that the author will deliver.
(b) The reader will not understand why the author has not delivered anything.
(c) The reader will expect things that the author will not deliver.
(d) The reader will not understand the things that the author will deliver.
3. What type of reputation can a character have?
(a) One that is not deserved.
(b) A character should not have a reputation.
(c) Deserved or not deserved.
(d) One that is deserved.
4. How many ways are there to know a character?
(b) Only one.
(c) A few.
5. How does a flashback affect the present narrative?
(a) It stops the narrative.
(b) It does not affect the narrative.
(c) It speeds the narrative up.
(d) It slows the narrative down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Presentation perspective?
2. What type of relationships can contribute to a character's attitude?
3. Why does a character in a novel pursue a transformation in his/her life?
4. What does the term, "downplaying", refer to in comedy?
5. What effect does writing down words have as opposed to speaking them?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)