|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the number of characters available to a writer, according to the author in Chapter 18?
2. According to the quote that ends Chapter 3, where does the author believe a writer can find wonderful stories?
(a) Most landscapes on earth.
(b) Very few landscapes on earth.
(c) Any landscape on earth.
(d) No landscapes on earth.
3. What will the writer have with more important characters and changes?
(a) More of a need to explain the transformation.
(b) Less of a need to explain the transformation.
(c) Less time to explain the transformation.
(d) More time to explain the transformation.
4. What type of relationships can contribute to a character's attitude?
(a) Past, present, or future.
5. Why do some readers interpret a change in a character that was not written to change?
(a) The reader did not understand the plot.
(b) The author did not understand the reader.
(c) The reader did not understand the character when reading about it.
(d) The author did not understand the character when writing it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How well do readers want to know characters in a book?
2. What type of speech patterns do people use when they are talking into a recorder?
3. What does the contract between an author and a reader state?
4. Which series of novels by Robert Parker are listed as an example of characters that are influenced to change?
5. What is a Representation perspective?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)