|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much fiction uses random transformation?
2. According to the author, what is the purpose of fiction?
(a) To give a detailed analysis of human mistakes.
(b) To give a better understanding of human nature.
(c) To give a detailed analysis of human nature.
(d) To give a better understanding of human mistakes.
3. How many ways are there to know a character?
(b) A few.
(d) Only one.
4. What is likely to cause an audience to connect with a character emotionally?
(a) Unexplained characteristics and/or thoughts.
(b) Unexplained characteristics and/or values.
(c) Appealing characteristics and/or values.
(d) Appealing characteristics and/or thoughts.
5. Which tenses are the most commonly used?
(a) Present or future tense.
(b) Present, past, or future tense.
(c) Past or future tense.
(d) Present or past tense.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides an individually defined character, what does the narrator of a first person story need?
2. What do the most engaging characters reveal about themselves?
3. How does the author define an idea?
4. What is the amount of justification proportionate to?
5. Which Irish novelist does the author refer to when describing characters that change from situations beyond their control?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)