|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a key contributor to a character's attitude?
(a) The future.
(b) The past, present, and future.
(c) The present.
(d) The past.
2. What is one of fiction's most important purposes?
(a) To make the reader feel more uncomfortable.
(b) To make the reader feel more sorrow.
(c) To make the reader feel less sorrow.
(d) To make the reader feel less uncomfortable.
3. How many ways are there to know a character?
(b) Only one.
(d) A few.
4. What is the number of characters available to a writer, according to the author in Chapter 18?
5. What does the author think can also provide ideas for additional characters?
(a) The pasts of supporting characters.
(b) The pasts of central characters.
(c) The future of central characters.
(d) The future of supporting characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much fiction uses random transformation?
2. Which form of language requires more precision?
3. On a basic level, which one of the following defines character in a narrative?
4. What kind of traits should a writer use when first introducing a character?
5. Which of the following is not an example of a minor character's function?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)