|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the most popular forms of narration?
(a) First person or third person.
(b) Second person or third person.
(c) First person or second person.
(d) First person, second person, or third person.
2. How many basic types of characters are there?
3. Which one of the following is not an example of a story where an idea is the primary narrative?
4. How much impact does sound have on the types of voices the author is discussing in Chapter 13?
(a) It is only a small part of it.
(b) It is a major part of it.
(c) It has no impact on it.
(d) It has an average impact on it.
5. How should exaggeration be used when writing a comedy?
(a) With no boundaries.
(b) Exaggeration should not be used in a comedy.
(c) With extreme caution.
(d) Within certain boundaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should a writer do when adding layers to a stereotyped character?
2. When is telling a story valuable to a narrative?
3. How does the author describe the act of creative writing in the Introduction?
4. Which type of narrative is most often used when writing from a Presentation perspective?
5. How will the story itself suggest characters?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)