|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does the author intend to help writers?
(a) Fulfilling their responsibilities.
(b) Writing shorter novels.
(c) Writing longer novels.
(d) Rating their work.
2. What must a storyteller do when creating characters or events?
(a) Broaden the plot.
(b) Broaden the theme.
(c) Understand and define the theme.
(d) Understand and define the implications of the plot.
3. Which of the following is not an example of a broad stroke definition?
4. What part of a character's name provides a clear starting point for defining that character's context?
(a) The middle name.
(b) The first name.
(c) The last name.
(d) The reason they were given the name.
5. How does a flashback affect the present narrative?
(a) It speeds the narrative up.
(b) It slows the narrative down.
(c) It stops the narrative.
(d) It does not affect the narrative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the term, "downplaying", refer to in comedy?
2. What can a third person narrative suffer from?
3. What type of reaction will an audience have to a character with opposing characteristics?
4. On a basic level, which one of the following defines character in a narrative?
5. How necessary is it for characters to be more than stereotypes in a narrative where an idea is the primary focus?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)