|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the most engaging characters reveal about themselves?
(a) Unknown flaws.
(b) Unknown fears.
(d) A heroic side.
2. What kind of traits should a writer use when first introducing a character?
3. What do the two questions the author poses at the end of Chapter 2 add to a novel?
(a) Dramatic interest for the background of a character.
(b) Practical interest for the characters and events.
(c) Dramatic interest for the characters and events.
(d) Practical interest for the background of a character.
4. Which one of the following is not a powerful resource for finding characters listed by the author?
(a) The writer's unrelated memories.
(b) The writer's self.
(c) The writer's feelings.
(d) The writer's previous works.
5. What is the fourth and final technique for interjecting humor listed by the author in Chapter 10?
(c) Role reversal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author define an idea?
2. Which of the following is not an example of a broad stroke definition?
3. What does the author hope to give writers who read the book?
4. Which one of the following is not given in Chapter 12 as a reason for characters to change themselves?
5. When an idea is the primary focus, what is the role of the characters?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)