|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much fiction uses random transformation?
2. What is milieu?
(a) The physical, historical, or social context.
(b) The mental, historical, or social context.
(c) The mental, cultural, or social context.
(d) The physical, cultural, or social context.
3. What will the writer have with more important characters and changes?
(a) More time to explain the transformation.
(b) More of a need to explain the transformation.
(c) Less of a need to explain the transformation.
(d) Less time to explain the transformation.
4. What must a storyteller do when creating characters or events?
(a) Broaden the plot.
(b) Understand and define the theme.
(c) Understand and define the implications of the plot.
(d) Broaden the theme.
5. What exists to provide justification for unexplained changes?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the motives of a believable character affect the direction of the story?
2. According to the author in Chapter 13, what is the writer's responsibility?
3. How does a flashback affect the present narrative?
4. In order to avoid being boring, what does a character have to be?
5. What type of reaction will an audience have to a character with opposing characteristics?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)