|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the author's opinion, what must a transformation be?
(b) Justified and logical.
2. What is "justification"?
(a) Presenting details about a character to explain a past, present, or future event.
(b) Presenting details around an action as it is occurring to explain that action.
(c) Presenting actions at the end of a narrative to explain earlier actions.
(d) Presenting actions early in a narrative to explain future actions.
3. What type of vocabulary creates a negative response to a character?
(c) Small and underutilized.
(d) Large and overused.
4. What must a writer define in creative writing?
(a) Style, tone, and point of view.
(b) Tone and point of view, but not style.
(c) Style and point of view, but not tone.
(d) Style and tone, but not point of view.
5. On a basic level, which one of the following defines character in a narrative?
(a) Relationships with all forms except for milieu and idea.
(b) Relationships with milieu, but not idea.
(c) Relationships with milieu and idea.
(d) Relationships with idea, but not milieu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What exists to provide justification for unexplained changes?
2. How does Chapter 1 end?
3. What happens if a disproportionate amount of justification is presented in a story?
4. Which incidents in the story must the narrator be present for in order to make a first person narrative effective?
5. What can a third person narrative suffer from?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)