|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In comedy, how should a transformation be presented?
(a) In an unjustified way.
(b) In the middle of the story.
(c) In a justified way.
(d) Close to the end of the story.
2. Why is it necessary for a reader to care about the characters in a narrative?
(a) So they will want to know more about them.
(b) So they will understand them better.
(c) So they will sympathize with them more.
(d) So they will anticipate the events in the book.
3. When an idea is the primary focus, what is the role of the characters?
(a) Complex plot functionaries.
(b) Simple plot functionaries.
(c) They define the plot completely.
(d) They define the plot in some way.
4. How much impact does sound have on the types of voices the author is discussing in Chapter 13?
(a) It has no impact on it.
(b) It has an average impact on it.
(c) It is only a small part of it.
(d) It is a major part of it.
5. Which one of the following is not an example of a story where milieu is the prime narrative?
Short Answer Questions
1. What balance must be met when creating an endearing character?
2. What do the readers and creators of a contemporary narrative believe about in-depth characterization?
3. Why does a character in a novel pursue a transformation in his/her life?
4. Besides an individually defined character, what does the narrator of a first person story need?
5. Besides emotional, what type of attention from the reader is the goal of Chapter 7?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)