|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer use with words to achieve his/her main goals?
(c) Poetic license.
2. How many basic types of characters are there?
3. What does the author think can also provide ideas for additional characters?
(a) The pasts of supporting characters.
(b) The future of supporting characters.
(c) The pasts of central characters.
(d) The future of central characters.
4. What happens to sources of inspiration once they are incorporated into characters?
(a) They are added to or completely changed.
(b) They are added to or exaggerated.
(c) They are exaggerated or completely changed.
(d) They are added to, exaggerated, or completely changed.
5. Why should sources of inspiration be altered?
(a) To make them more effective.
(b) To make them more mysterious.
(c) To make them more unrealistic
(d) To make them more familiar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the event described?
2. How does the author define an idea?
3. What should the writer avoid when defining the voice of a narrator?
4. What must happen when a narrator does not describe an event in a first person narration?
5. What place can writers use as inspiration for their characters?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)