|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the readers and creators of a contemporary narrative believe about in-depth characterization?
(a) It is neither expected nor necessary.
(b) It is necessary, but not expected.
(c) It is expected, but not necessary.
(d) It is both expected and necessary.
2. Which form of language requires more precision?
(a) Neither writing nor speaking requires precision.
(d) Writing and speaking both require the same amount of precision.
3. How many of the basic elements of a narrative does milieu incorporate?
(a) Three of them.
(b) None of them.
(c) All of them.
(d) One of them.
4. How does the author describe the act of creative writing in the Introduction?
(a) As a limited act.
(b) As a solitary act.
(c) As a collaborative act.
(d) As an unlimited act.
5. Which one of the following is not an example used by the author when listing the different voices people use?
(a) A voice used with children.
(b) An internal voice.
(c) A voice used with parents.
(d) A telephone voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Representation perspective?
2. What type of physical appearance can make a character more engaging?
3. What effect does writing down words have as opposed to speaking them?
4. What is "justification"?
5. In Chapter 11, what does the author state makes a character believable?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)