|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how does the author want the reader to be engaged with a character?
(a) Partially and gradually.
(b) Immediately, but partially.
(c) Fully and immediately.
(d) Fully, but gradually.
2. With what does the author intend to help writers?
(a) Writing longer novels.
(b) Rating their work.
(c) Fulfilling their responsibilities.
(d) Writing shorter novels.
3. When is telling a story valuable to a narrative?
(a) Only when it advances future action.
(b) Only when it advances present action.
(c) Only when it explains a present or future action.
(d) Only when it explains a past action.
4. What kind of characterization is needed in a narrative that features the characters as the primary focus?
(a) Less detailed and simple.
(b) Detailed and complex.
(c) Less detailed, but complex.
(d) Detailed, but simple.
5. In Chapter 11, what does the author state makes a character believable?
(a) The illusion of truth.
(b) The absence of truth.
(c) The portrayal of truth.
(d) The allusion to truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of jeopardy can a character be placed in to evoke an emotional response from the reader?
2. How many different aspects of creative writing are there?
3. What is the function of a major character?
4. What is one of the problems with writing based on an issue?
5. How does a flashback affect the present narrative?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)