|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of speech patterns do people use when they are talking into a recorder?
(a) Their dictation dialect.
(b) Their normal speaking voice.
(c) A lower voice than normal.
(d) A higher voice than normal.
2. What types of details are necessary to make a character believable?
(a) Irrelevant and inappropriate.
(b) Irrelevant, but appropriate.
(c) Relevant, but inappropriate.
(d) Relevant and appropriate.
3. What do walk-ons lend to a narrative?
4. What must a writer define in creative writing?
(a) Style, tone, and point of view.
(b) Style and point of view, but not tone.
(c) Style and tone, but not point of view.
(d) Tone and point of view, but not style.
5. Which one of the following is not given in Chapter 12 as a reason for characters to change themselves?
(b) External circumstances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place can writers use as inspiration for their characters?
2. What does the contract between an author and a reader state?
3. What are three good example of character definition in fiction?
4. What kinds of situations can make a character more interesting?
5. What is a key contributor to a character's attitude?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)