|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is not given in Chapter 12 as a reason for characters to change themselves?
(a) External circumstances.
2. What is one of the problems with writing based on an issue?
(a) The characters tend to embody attitudes with no perspectives.
(b) The characters tend to embody perspectives with no attitudes.
(c) The characters embody neither attitudes nor perspectives.
(d) The characters tend to embody attitudes or perspectives.
3. Which one of the following is not an example of a story where milieu is the prime narrative?
4. According to the quote that ends Chapter 3, where does the author believe a writer can find wonderful stories?
(a) Any landscape on earth.
(b) Most landscapes on earth.
(c) Very few landscapes on earth.
(d) No landscapes on earth.
5. How do the motives of a believable character affect the direction of the story?
(a) They keep the direction of the story on track.
(b) They do not affect the direction of the story.
(c) They change the direction of the story.
(d) They abandon the direction of the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is not an example the author uses as a way to add emotional intensity to a character?
2. What does the contract between an author and a reader state?
3. How many ways are there to know a character?
4. Which of the following is not an example of a minor character's function?
5. How many basic factors are there common to all forms of narrative writing?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)