|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of imperfections can be appealing to readers?
2. How does a flashback affect the present narrative?
(a) It stops the narrative.
(b) It speeds the narrative up.
(c) It slows the narrative down.
(d) It does not affect the narrative.
3. Which type of narrative is most often used when writing from a Presentation perspective?
(a) First person or third person.
(b) Third person.
(c) First person.
(d) First person or second person.
4. Which one of the following is an example listed in Chapter 12 of a transformation causing consequence that is beyond a character's control?
(a) Lack of intelligence.
(d) Animalistic nature.
5. Why do some readers interpret a change in a character that was not written to change?
(a) The author did not understand the character when writing it.
(b) The author did not understand the reader.
(c) The reader did not understand the plot.
(d) The reader did not understand the character when reading about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the readers and creators of a contemporary narrative believe about in-depth characterization?
2. What effect does writing down words have as opposed to speaking them?
3. What reason does a character have for going through a random transformation?
4. Which one of the following is not an example of a story where an idea is the primary narrative?
5. Why should sources of inspiration be altered?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)