|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How will the story itself suggest characters?
(a) According to the ending of a story.
(b) According to what needs to happen, but not how it needs to take place.
(c) According to the beginning of a story.
(d) According to what needs to happen and how it needs to take place.
2. Which type of narrative is most often used when writing from a Representation perspective?
(a) First person.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person or second person.
(d) Third person.
3. What should the writer's own experiences have in order to be used as fictional inspiration?
(a) Emotional, theoretical, or experiential connection with a character.
(b) Theoretical, spiritual, or experiential connection with a character.
(c) Emotional, theoretical, or spiritual connection with a character.
(d) Emotional, spiritual, or experiential connection with a character.
4. What are the most popular forms of narration?
(a) Second person or third person.
(b) First person, second person, or third person.
(c) First person or third person.
(d) First person or second person.
5. What does the author hope to give writers who read the book?
(a) A set of tools.
(b) A secret formula.
(c) A specific set of instructions.
(d) A popular method.
Short Answer Questions
1. How should exaggeration be used when writing a comedy?
2. What do the most engaging characters reveal about themselves?
3. What is likely to cause an audience to connect with a character emotionally?
4. What kinds of situations can make a character more interesting?
5. How does the author define an idea?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)