|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can a character appear to change while remaining unchanged?
(a) They only change in front of certain characters.
(b) The author does not develop the character effectively.
(c) They reveal the truth about who they were all along.
(d) The reader is misinterpreting the character.
2. What do the two questions the author poses at the end of Chapter 2 add to a novel?
(a) Practical interest for the background of a character.
(b) Practical interest for the characters and events.
(c) Dramatic interest for the characters and events.
(d) Dramatic interest for the background of a character.
3. Which of the following is not an example of a broad stroke definition?
4. Which one of the following is an example listed in Chapter 12 of a transformation causing consequence that is beyond a character's control?
(a) Animalistic nature.
(d) Lack of intelligence.
5. What type of relationships can contribute to a character's attitude?
(c) Past, present, or future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is not a powerful resource for finding characters listed by the author?
2. How does the author describe what it means to "raise the stakes"?
3. What is a narrative that is focused on an event trying to make sense of?
4. In the author's opinion, what must a transformation be?
5. How much impact does sound have on the types of voices the author is discussing in Chapter 13?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)