|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can happen when an abnormal tense is chosen by a writer?
(a) It draws attention away from the story.
(b) It replaces the story.
(c) It draws more attention to the story.
(d) It enhances the story.
2. Which one of the following is not given in Chapter 12 as a reason for characters to change themselves?
(d) External circumstances.
3. Which type of narrative is most often used when writing from a Representation perspective?
(a) Third person.
(b) First person.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person or second person.
4. What word is used to describe the life ideally given to fictional characters?
5. What is a Presentation perspective?
(a) A narrative that allows the reader to forget they are being told a story.
(b) A narrative that reminds the reader they are being told a story.
(c) A narrative that influences the reader how to respond to the story.
(d) A narrative that prevents the reader from responding to a story.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe what it means to "raise the stakes"?
2. In general, how do people write in comparison to the way they speak?
3. How do the motives of a believable character affect the direction of the story?
4. What is the function of a major character?
5. What will help a writer to maintain consistency?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)