|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is not given in Chapter 12 as a reason for characters to change themselves?
(a) External circumstances.
2. In Chapter 8, how does the author want the reader to be engaged with a character?
(a) Immediately, but partially.
(b) Fully and immediately.
(c) Fully, but gradually.
(d) Partially and gradually.
3. How many of the basic elements of a narrative does milieu incorporate?
(a) Three of them.
(b) All of them.
(c) One of them.
(d) None of them.
4. What will a writer discover when they take their eyes off of the main character?
(a) What is nearby.
(b) Who is nearby.
(c) What is far away.
(d) Who is far away.
5. How many ways are there to know a character?
(a) Only one.
(c) A few.
Short Answer Questions
1. How well do readers want to know characters in a book?
2. What is a writer's fundamental responsibility?
3. What type of speech patterns do people use when they are talking into a recorder?
4. In an event-driven narrative, what is the goal of the characters?
5. Which one of the following is not an example of a story where an idea is the primary narrative?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)