|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two questions the author poses at the end of Chapter 2 add to a novel?
(a) Dramatic interest for the background of a character.
(b) Practical interest for the background of a character.
(c) Practical interest for the characters and events.
(d) Dramatic interest for the characters and events.
2. What style of writing is effective in combining the telling of a story with the reason it is being told?
(a) Mystery writing.
(b) Adventure writing.
(c) Comic writing.
(d) Dramatic writing.
3. In Chapter 8, how does the author want the reader to be engaged with a character?
(a) Immediately, but partially.
(b) Fully, but gradually.
(c) Fully and immediately.
(d) Partially and gradually.
4. How is the event described?
(a) What happens outside of the narrative and when.
(b) What happens outside of the narrative and why.
(c) What happens in the narrative and when.
(d) What happens in the narrative and why.
5. What type of humor is injected into a comedy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much freedom do characters have to change in comedy?
2. What must a writer define in creative writing?
3. As what is the idea of hierarchy defined?
4. What balance must be met when creating an endearing character?
5. What is it that changes the control a writer has when they write words down?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)