|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must a writer define in creative writing?
(a) Tone and point of view, but not style.
(b) Style and point of view, but not tone.
(c) Style, tone, and point of view.
(d) Style and tone, but not point of view.
2. What does the author think about characters from unrelated ideas?
(a) It is neither possible nor interesting to put them together.
(b) It is both possible and interesting to put them together.
(c) It is possible to put them together, but not interesting.
(d) It would be interesting, but it is not possible to put them together.
3. In defining a fictional character, what causes people to behave differently?
(a) The society they live in.
(b) Their education.
(c) The network they are in.
(d) Their age.
4. What type of physical appearance can make a character more engaging?
(a) Appealing, but vague.
(b) Appealing and subtle.
(c) Appealing and blatant.
(d) Appealing and specific.
5. What do walk-ons lend to a narrative?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the problems with writing based on an issue?
2. How much freedom do characters have to change in comedy?
3. What will help a writer to maintain consistency?
4. In order to avoid being boring, what does a character have to be?
5. What is the fourth and final technique for interjecting humor listed by the author in Chapter 10?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)