|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of pain and suffering for a character causes the reader's emotional investment to expand?
2. How do the motives of a believable character affect the direction of the story?
(a) They do not affect the direction of the story.
(b) They change the direction of the story.
(c) They keep the direction of the story on track.
(d) They abandon the direction of the story.
3. What place can writers use as inspiration for their characters?
(a) Observation and memory.
(b) Memory, but not observation.
(c) Observation and another person's memory.
(d) Observation, but not memory.
4. As what is the idea of hierarchy defined?
(a) A guideline to the role a character plays in the plot.
(b) A guideline to how many characters to include in a narrative.
(c) A guideline to which characters to introduce first in a narrative.
(d) A guideline to the amount of narrative each character receives.
5. What technique can help avoid cliché?
(a) Extensive descriptions.
(b) Brief descriptions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of humor is injected into a comedy?
2. What is a key contributor to a character's attitude?
3. How much fiction uses random transformation?
4. What kind of jeopardy can a character be placed in to evoke an emotional response from the reader?
5. What does the contract between an author and a reader state?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)