|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which series of novels by Robert Parker are listed as an example of characters that are influenced to change?
(b) Sunny Randall.
(c) Jesse Stone.
(d) Philip Marlowe.
2. How should a character's traits be designed in order to engage the reader?
(a) Similar to other characters.
(b) Different than other characters.
(c) Similar to the intended audience.
(d) Different than the intended audience.
3. How many of the basic elements of a narrative does milieu incorporate?
(a) One of them.
(b) None of them.
(c) Three of them.
(d) All of them.
4. What types of details are necessary to make a character believable?
(a) Relevant, but inappropriate.
(b) Relevant and appropriate.
(c) Irrelevant, but appropriate.
(d) Irrelevant and inappropriate.
5. What kind of traits should a writer use when first introducing a character?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is not an example of a character trait that will gain an emotional connection with the reader?
2. How should exaggeration be used when writing a comedy?
3. What word is used to describe the life ideally given to fictional characters?
4. What technique can help avoid cliché?
5. What type of reaction will an audience have to a character with opposing characteristics?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)