|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of attitude should a character have with reference to events?
(a) Vaguely defined.
(b) Consistent and unchanging.
(c) Inconsistent and changing.
(d) Clearly defined.
2. What word is used to describe the life ideally given to fictional characters?
3. Which perspective is placed on the humor by a writer in a comedy?
4. What can cause a reader to become more engaged with a character?
(a) Making what is happening to a character more important to only the minor characters.
(b) Making what is happening to a character more important to all other characters.
(c) Making what is happening to a character more important to that character.
(d) Making what is happening to a character more important to another character.
5. How many of the basic elements of a narrative does milieu incorporate?
(a) Three of them.
(b) One of them.
(c) None of them.
(d) All of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of motives should be included when writing a character that is more believable?
2. How necessary is it for characters to be more than stereotypes in a narrative where an idea is the primary focus?
3. How many ways are there to know a character?
4. What is the author's theory about fiction in Chapter 5?
5. What is a common reaction to a change?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)