|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Ayn Rand book, mentioned in Chapter 12, features sympathetic characters that are not transformed, but unmasked?
(a) The Fountainhead.
(b) The Voice of Reason.
(c) We the Living.
2. What do the readers and creators of a contemporary narrative believe about in-depth characterization?
(a) It is both expected and necessary.
(b) It is necessary, but not expected.
(c) It is neither expected nor necessary.
(d) It is expected, but not necessary.
3. What will a writer discover when they take their eyes off of the main character?
(a) Who is nearby.
(b) Who is far away.
(c) What is far away.
(d) What is nearby.
4. In comedy, how should a transformation be presented?
(a) In an unjustified way.
(b) In the middle of the story.
(c) In a justified way.
(d) Close to the end of the story.
5. Which one of the following is not an example the author uses as a way to add emotional intensity to a character?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is milieu?
2. What is a common reaction to a change?
3. What two ideals is the author blending in Chapter 9?
4. What do walk-ons lend to a narrative?
5. According to the author, what is an engaging narrative never about?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)