|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the writer have with more important characters and changes?
(a) More time to explain the transformation.
(b) Less of a need to explain the transformation.
(c) More of a need to explain the transformation.
(d) Less time to explain the transformation.
2. In order to avoid being boring, what does a character have to be?
(a) Passive and mysterious.
(b) Familiar and idiosyncratic.
(c) Unfamiliar and idiosyncratic.
(d) Aggressive and mysterious.
3. Which one of the following is an example listed in Chapter 12 of a transformation causing consequence that is beyond a character's control?
(a) Lack of intelligence.
(d) Animalistic nature.
4. What is the function of a major character?
(a) To be interesting and believable.
(b) To be interesting, but not necessarily believable.
(c) To be neither interesting nor believable.
(d) To be believable, but not necessarily interesting.
5. How much fiction uses random transformation?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does the author intend to help writers?
2. What makes the techniques for interjecting humor even more effective?
3. What must a storyteller do when creating characters or events?
4. What word is used to describe the life ideally given to fictional characters?
5. What type of influences might cause a character to change?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)