|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of traits should a writer use when first introducing a character?
2. Which character in Pygmalion does the author use as an example of a character that changes him or herself?
3. How will the story itself suggest characters?
(a) According to the beginning of a story.
(b) According to what needs to happen and how it needs to take place.
(c) According to what needs to happen, but not how it needs to take place.
(d) According to the ending of a story.
4. Which one of the following is an example of a character that remains unchanged?
(a) A character who wants to change, but cannot.
(b) A character who only changes around specific characters.
(c) A character who changes involuntarily.
(d) A character who pretends to change.
5. What determines the amount of characterization in an event?
(a) The desire of the author.
(b) The number of pages.
(c) The importance of the event.
(d) The timing of the event.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are three good example of character definition in fiction?
2. In a comedy, what are the comedic interjections grounded in?
3. In the author's opinion, what must a transformation be?
4. Which perspective is placed on the humor by a writer in a comedy?
5. How is the event described?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)