|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many different aspects of creative writing are there?
2. What will a writer discover when they take their eyes off of the main character?
(a) Who is nearby.
(b) Who is far away.
(c) What is nearby.
(d) What is far away.
3. What Ayn Rand book, mentioned in Chapter 12, features sympathetic characters that are not transformed, but unmasked?
(a) We the Living.
(b) The Fountainhead.
(d) The Voice of Reason.
4. What do walk-ons lend to a narrative?
5. What kind of jeopardy can a character be placed in to evoke an emotional response from the reader?
(a) Only emotional and unbelievable.
(b) Only physical and believable.
(c) Physical or emotional, but unbelievable.
(d) Physical or emotional, but believable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will many experienced authors claim about their characters?
2. What type of reaction will an audience have to a character with opposing characteristics?
3. What happens to sources of inspiration once they are incorporated into characters?
4. In a comedy, what are the comedic interjections grounded in?
5. Which of the following is not an example of a broad stroke definition?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)