|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of physical appearance can make a character more engaging?
(a) Appealing and subtle.
(b) Appealing, but vague.
(c) Appealing and specific.
(d) Appealing and blatant.
2. How will the story itself suggest characters?
(a) According to what needs to happen, but not how it needs to take place.
(b) According to what needs to happen and how it needs to take place.
(c) According to the ending of a story.
(d) According to the beginning of a story.
3. As what is the idea of hierarchy defined?
(a) A guideline to how many characters to include in a narrative.
(b) A guideline to which characters to introduce first in a narrative.
(c) A guideline to the role a character plays in the plot.
(d) A guideline to the amount of narrative each character receives.
4. How does the author describe writing based on an issue?
(a) A distracting source of characters.
(b) A tricky source of characters.
(c) A misleading source of characters.
(d) An ambiguous source of characters.
5. How many ways are there to know a character?
(a) A few.
(d) Only one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can a character effectively have a random transformation?
2. What will many experienced authors claim about their characters?
3. Which one of the following is not an example of a story where milieu is the prime narrative?
4. When is telling a story valuable to a narrative?
5. What type of imperfections can be appealing to readers?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)