|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following triggers a negative reaction from readers?
(a) A character who wants power or control.
(b) A character who confuses others.
(c) A character who is confusing.
(d) A character who is controlled by others.
2. How does Chapter 1 end?
(a) With the insignificance of a character's physical appearance.
(b) With the insignificance of a character's previous experiences.
(c) With the value of a character's physical appearance.
(d) With the value of a character's previous experiences.
3. What place can writers use as inspiration for their characters?
(a) Observation and another person's memory.
(b) Observation and memory.
(c) Observation, but not memory.
(d) Memory, but not observation.
4. What kind of story does the author use as an example of how a story can suggest characters?
(a) Natural disaster.
(b) Space adventure.
(c) Unwilling confinement.
5. According to the author, where do characters come from?
(a) They must be based on real life people.
(c) They must be purely fictional.
(d) The author's mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of traits should a writer use when first introducing a character?
2. What must a storyteller do when creating characters or events?
3. How does the author describe the act of creative writing in the Introduction?
4. How should a character's traits be designed in order to engage the reader?
5. What does having more complex characters lead to?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)