|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of vocabulary creates a negative response to a character?
(c) Small and underutilized.
(d) Large and overused.
2. What must a writer define in creative writing?
(a) Style and point of view, but not tone.
(b) Tone and point of view, but not style.
(c) Style and tone, but not point of view.
(d) Style, tone, and point of view.
3. What technique can help avoid cliché?
(a) Extensive descriptions.
(d) Brief descriptions.
4. In a story where character is the primary focus, how many characters need to be fully developed?
(a) At least half of them.
(b) None of them.
(c) Not all of them.
(d) Very few of them.
5. What type of reaction will an audience have to a character with opposing characteristics?
(a) Immediate and negative.
(b) Immediate, but not necessarily negative.
(c) Slow, but mostly negative.
(d) They may not respond at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of narrative should a storyteller use?
2. What do the most engaging characters reveal about themselves?
3. Which one of the following is not an example of how to vary the names of characters to distinguish them for the reader?
4. What must a storyteller do when creating characters or events?
5. What is the author's theory about fiction in Chapter 5?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)