|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, where do characters come from?
(b) The author's mind.
(c) They must be based on real life people.
(d) They must be purely fictional.
2. What word is used to describe the life ideally given to fictional characters?
3. Which one of the following is not an example of a story where milieu is the prime narrative?
4. What happens to sources of inspiration once they are incorporated into characters?
(a) They are added to, exaggerated, or completely changed.
(b) They are added to or completely changed.
(c) They are added to or exaggerated.
(d) They are exaggerated or completely changed.
5. Besides emotional, what type of attention from the reader is the goal of Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will many experienced authors claim about their characters?
2. What is a narrative that is focused on an event trying to make sense of?
3. What kind of jeopardy can a character be placed in to evoke an emotional response from the reader?
4. What must a writer define in creative writing?
5. How can emotion be elevated for a character by utilizing the natural world?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)