|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are three good example of character definition in fiction?
(a) Talents, habits, and behavior.
(b) Talents, relatives, and behavior.
(c) Talents, relatives, and habits.
(d) Relatives, habits, and behavior.
2. What happens to sources of inspiration once they are incorporated into characters?
(a) They are added to, exaggerated, or completely changed.
(b) They are added to or exaggerated.
(c) They are added to or completely changed.
(d) They are exaggerated or completely changed.
3. Which one of the following is not an example the author uses as a way to add emotional intensity to a character?
4. Besides context, what else can a name provide for a character?
5. What does the author hope to give writers who read the book?
(a) A popular method.
(b) A specific set of instructions.
(c) A secret formula.
(d) A set of tools.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe the act of creative writing in the Introduction?
2. What kind of jeopardy can a character be placed in to evoke an emotional response from the reader?
3. What must accompany self-sacrifice in an engaging character?
4. Which one of the following is not a powerful resource for finding characters listed by the author?
5. What must a storyteller do when creating characters or events?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)