|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author think can also provide ideas for additional characters?
(a) The future of supporting characters.
(b) The pasts of supporting characters.
(c) The future of central characters.
(d) The pasts of central characters.
2. What part of a character's name provides a clear starting point for defining that character's context?
(a) The reason they were given the name.
(b) The first name.
(c) The last name.
(d) The middle name.
3. How many ways are there to know a character?
(a) A few.
(c) Only one.
4. In a story where character is the primary focus, how many characters need to be fully developed?
(a) Not all of them.
(b) None of them.
(c) Very few of them.
(d) At least half of them.
5. Why does a character in a novel pursue a transformation in his/her life?
(a) His/her role has become unbearable.
(b) His/her role has become insignificant.
(c) His/her role has become complicated.
(d) His/her role has become unpredictable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will help a writer to maintain consistency?
2. When an idea is the primary focus, what is the role of the characters?
3. How many basic factors are there common to all forms of narrative writing?
4. As what is the idea of hierarchy defined?
5. How does the author describe what it means to "raise the stakes"?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)