|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe writing based on an issue?
(a) An ambiguous source of characters.
(b) A tricky source of characters.
(c) A misleading source of characters.
(d) A distracting source of characters.
2. What can cause a reader to become more engaged with a character?
(a) Making what is happening to a character more important to another character.
(b) Making what is happening to a character more important to that character.
(c) Making what is happening to a character more important to only the minor characters.
(d) Making what is happening to a character more important to all other characters.
3. What type of pain and suffering for a character causes the reader's emotional investment to expand?
4. What do walk-ons lend to a narrative?
5. How many of the basic elements of a narrative does milieu incorporate?
(a) One of them.
(b) None of them.
(c) All of them.
(d) Three of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of imperfections can be appealing to readers?
2. How does the author describe what it means to "raise the stakes"?
3. In Chapter 8, how does the author want the reader to be engaged with a character?
4. How many different aspects of creative writing are there?
5. What determines the amount of characterization in an event?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)