|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author think about characters from unrelated ideas?
(a) It is possible to put them together, but not interesting.
(b) It would be interesting, but it is not possible to put them together.
(c) It is neither possible nor interesting to put them together.
(d) It is both possible and interesting to put them together.
2. What kind of narrative should a storyteller use?
(a) Effective and condensed.
(b) Effective and involved.
(c) Effective and engaging.
(d) Effective and poetic.
3. What place can writers use as inspiration for their characters?
(a) Memory, but not observation.
(b) Observation and another person's memory.
(c) Observation, but not memory.
(d) Observation and memory.
4. What type of imperfections can be appealing to readers?
5. What kind of story does the author use as an example of how a story can suggest characters?
(a) Space adventure.
(b) Unwilling confinement.
(d) Natural disaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must accompany self-sacrifice in an engaging character?
2. What does the writer use with words to achieve his/her main goals?
3. Why should sources of inspiration be altered?
4. How many different aspects of creative writing are there?
5. Which of the following is not an example of a minor character's function?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)