|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How well do readers want to know characters in a book?
(a) As well as they know people in a movie.
(b) Better than they know characters in a movie.
(c) As well as they know people in life.
(d) Better than they know people in life.
2. When an idea is the primary focus, what is the role of the characters?
(a) They define the plot in some way.
(b) Simple plot functionaries.
(c) They define the plot completely.
(d) Complex plot functionaries.
3. What does the author hope to give writers who read the book?
(a) A set of tools.
(b) A popular method.
(c) A specific set of instructions.
(d) A secret formula.
4. How is the event described?
(a) What happens in the narrative and when.
(b) What happens outside of the narrative and why.
(c) What happens outside of the narrative and when.
(d) What happens in the narrative and why.
5. How many different aspects of creative writing are there?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the basic elements of a narrative does milieu incorporate?
2. As what is the idea of hierarchy defined?
3. How often are sources of inspiration altered?
4. What word is used to describe the life ideally given to fictional characters?
5. What does the writer use with words to achieve his/her main goals?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)