|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When an idea is the primary focus, what is the role of the characters?
(a) They define the plot in some way.
(b) Simple plot functionaries.
(c) They define the plot completely.
(d) Complex plot functionaries.
2. As what is the idea of hierarchy defined?
(a) A guideline to the amount of narrative each character receives.
(b) A guideline to how many characters to include in a narrative.
(c) A guideline to the role a character plays in the plot.
(d) A guideline to which characters to introduce first in a narrative.
3. What does the author hope to give writers who read the book?
(a) A specific set of instructions.
(b) A secret formula.
(c) A set of tools.
(d) A popular method.
4. In an event-driven narrative, what is the goal of the characters?
(a) To prevent an intolerable situation.
(b) To avoid an intolerable situation.
(c) To change an intolerable situation.
(d) To hide an intolerable situation.
5. How often are sources of inspiration altered?
(a) Very often.
(d) Hardly at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it necessary for a reader to care about the characters in a narrative?
2. In a story where character is the primary focus, how many characters need to be fully developed?
3. What must a writer define in creative writing?
4. What does the author think can also provide ideas for additional characters?
5. Why does a character in a novel pursue a transformation in his/her life?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)