|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many different aspects of creative writing are there?
2. Why does a character in a novel pursue a transformation in his/her life?
(a) His/her role has become unbearable.
(b) His/her role has become unpredictable.
(c) His/her role has become insignificant.
(d) His/her role has become complicated.
3. What is the function of a major character?
(a) To be believable, but not necessarily interesting.
(b) To be interesting, but not necessarily believable.
(c) To be neither interesting nor believable.
(d) To be interesting and believable.
4. What two things should a writer be open to translating into their characters and stories?
(a) Possibility and the unknown.
(b) Impossibility and the unknown.
(c) Possibility and insight.
(d) Impossibility and insight.
5. How well do readers want to know characters in a book?
(a) As well as they know people in a movie.
(b) As well as they know people in life.
(c) Better than they know people in life.
(d) Better than they know characters in a movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of reputation can a character have?
2. In an event-driven narrative, what is the goal of the characters?
3. How will the story itself suggest characters?
4. According to the author, where do characters come from?
5. How does the author describe writing based on an issue?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)