|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many different aspects of creative writing are there?
2. What is part of the reader's experience of the milieu?
(a) The strangeness and familiarity of the characters.
(b) The normalcy and predictability of the characters.
(c) The normalcy and unpredictability of the characters.
(d) The strangeness and unfamiliarity of the characters.
3. What must a storyteller do when creating characters or events?
(a) Understand and define the theme.
(b) Broaden the theme.
(c) Understand and define the implications of the plot.
(d) Broaden the plot.
4. What is the function of a major character?
(a) To be neither interesting nor believable.
(b) To be interesting and believable.
(c) To be interesting, but not necessarily believable.
(d) To be believable, but not necessarily interesting.
5. What do walk-ons lend to a narrative?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is used to describe the life ideally given to fictional characters?
2. Which of the following is not an example of a broad stroke definition?
3. How does the author describe writing based on an issue?
4. What does the author think about characters from unrelated ideas?
5. Why does a character in a novel pursue a transformation in his/her life?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)