|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two questions the author poses at the end of Chapter 2 add to a novel?
(a) Practical interest for the background of a character.
(b) Dramatic interest for the background of a character.
(c) Practical interest for the characters and events.
(d) Dramatic interest for the characters and events.
2. What kinds of situations can make a character more interesting?
(a) Ones that the reader is unaccustomed with.
(b) Ones that the character and the reader are expecting.
(c) Ones that the character has been in before.
(d) Ones that the character is unaccustomed with.
3. Which of the following is not an example of a broad stroke definition?
4. How many basic types of characters are there?
5. What does the author hope to give writers who read the book?
(a) A popular method.
(b) A specific set of instructions.
(c) A secret formula.
(d) A set of tools.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer use with words to achieve his/her main goals?
2. How does Chapter 1 end?
3. On a basic level, which one of the following defines character in a narrative?
4. What kind of story does the author use as an example of how a story can suggest characters?
5. What must a writer define in creative writing?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)