|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will a writer discover when they take their eyes off of the main character?
(a) Who is far away.
(b) Who is nearby.
(c) What is nearby.
(d) What is far away.
2. How many ways are there to know a character?
(a) A few.
(d) Only one.
3. What is a writer's fundamental responsibility?
(a) To observe, absorb, and analyze the world.
(b) To observe and absorb the world, but never to analyze it.
(c) To observe the world, but never to absorb nor to analyze it.
(d) To observe and analyze the world, but never to absorb it.
4. How does the author describe the act of creative writing in the Introduction?
(a) As a limited act.
(b) As an unlimited act.
(c) As a solitary act.
(d) As a collaborative act.
5. What will many experienced authors claim about their characters?
(a) They were completely invented for the story.
(b) They were inspired by history.
(c) They were taken from other literary works.
(d) They were taken from life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author think can also provide ideas for additional characters?
2. What should the writer's own experiences have in order to be used as fictional inspiration?
3. How is the event described?
4. How does Chapter 1 end?
5. How often are sources of inspiration altered?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)