|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How well do readers want to know characters in a book?
(a) Better than they know people in life.
(b) As well as they know people in life.
(c) Better than they know characters in a movie.
(d) As well as they know people in a movie.
2. What does the author think can also provide ideas for additional characters?
(a) The pasts of central characters.
(b) The future of central characters.
(c) The future of supporting characters.
(d) The pasts of supporting characters.
3. With what does the author intend to help writers?
(a) Rating their work.
(b) Fulfilling their responsibilities.
(c) Writing shorter novels.
(d) Writing longer novels.
4. What kind of narrative should a storyteller use?
(a) Effective and condensed.
(b) Effective and involved.
(c) Effective and poetic.
(d) Effective and engaging.
5. Besides context, what else can a name provide for a character?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, where do characters come from?
2. What word is used to describe the life ideally given to fictional characters?
3. How is the event described?
4. How will the story itself suggest characters?
5. Which of the following is not an example of a broad stroke definition?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)