|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How well do readers want to know characters in a book?
(a) Better than they know characters in a movie.
(b) Better than they know people in life.
(c) As well as they know people in life.
(d) As well as they know people in a movie.
2. What must a writer define in creative writing?
(a) Style, tone, and point of view.
(b) Tone and point of view, but not style.
(c) Style and point of view, but not tone.
(d) Style and tone, but not point of view.
3. What word is used to describe the life ideally given to fictional characters?
4. What part of a character's name provides a clear starting point for defining that character's context?
(a) The reason they were given the name.
(b) The first name.
(c) The middle name.
(d) The last name.
5. Besides context, what else can a name provide for a character?
Short Answer Questions
1. What should the writer's own experiences have in order to be used as fictional inspiration?
2. According to the author, where do characters come from?
3. In the subtitle of "Characters and Viewpoint", what are the three objectives that the author promises to deliver?
4. Which of the following is not an example of a minor character's function?
5. What are three good example of character definition in fiction?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)