|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chapter 1 end?
(a) With the insignificance of a character's previous experiences.
(b) With the insignificance of a character's physical appearance.
(c) With the value of a character's previous experiences.
(d) With the value of a character's physical appearance.
2. What two things should a writer be open to translating into their characters and stories?
(a) Impossibility and the unknown.
(b) Possibility and insight.
(c) Impossibility and insight.
(d) Possibility and the unknown.
3. Which of the following is not an example of a broad stroke definition?
4. How well do readers want to know characters in a book?
(a) Better than they know people in life.
(b) As well as they know people in a movie.
(c) As well as they know people in life.
(d) Better than they know characters in a movie.
5. What does the author hope to give writers who read the book?
(a) A secret formula.
(b) A popular method.
(c) A set of tools.
(d) A specific set of instructions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place can writers use as inspiration for their characters?
2. Which one of the following is not an example of how to vary the names of characters to distinguish them for the reader?
3. How often are sources of inspiration altered?
4. What kind of narrative should a storyteller use?
5. What word is used to describe the life ideally given to fictional characters?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)