|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the function of a major character?
(a) To be interesting, but not necessarily believable.
(b) To be believable, but not necessarily interesting.
(c) To be interesting and believable.
(d) To be neither interesting nor believable.
2. How often are sources of inspiration altered?
(b) Hardly at all.
(c) Very often.
3. According to the quote that ends Chapter 3, where does the author believe a writer can find wonderful stories?
(a) No landscapes on earth.
(b) Most landscapes on earth.
(c) Very few landscapes on earth.
(d) Any landscape on earth.
4. What are three good example of character definition in fiction?
(a) Talents, relatives, and habits.
(b) Talents, relatives, and behavior.
(c) Talents, habits, and behavior.
(d) Relatives, habits, and behavior.
5. How does Chapter 1 end?
(a) With the value of a character's physical appearance.
(b) With the insignificance of a character's previous experiences.
(c) With the value of a character's previous experiences.
(d) With the insignificance of a character's physical appearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of narrative should a storyteller use?
2. According to the author, where do characters come from?
3. What must a storyteller do when creating characters or events?
4. How well do readers want to know characters in a book?
5. What does the writer use with words to achieve his/her main goals?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)