|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does the author intend to help writers?
(a) Fulfilling their responsibilities.
(b) Writing longer novels.
(c) Writing shorter novels.
(d) Rating their work.
2. What are three good example of character definition in fiction?
(a) Relatives, habits, and behavior.
(b) Talents, habits, and behavior.
(c) Talents, relatives, and behavior.
(d) Talents, relatives, and habits.
3. What does the author think can also provide ideas for additional characters?
(a) The future of central characters.
(b) The pasts of central characters.
(c) The future of supporting characters.
(d) The pasts of supporting characters.
4. Why should sources of inspiration be altered?
(a) To make them more mysterious.
(b) To make them more familiar.
(c) To make them more effective.
(d) To make them more unrealistic
5. What is a writer's fundamental responsibility?
(a) To observe and absorb the world, but never to analyze it.
(b) To observe, absorb, and analyze the world.
(c) To observe and analyze the world, but never to absorb it.
(d) To observe the world, but never to absorb nor to analyze it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chapter 1 end?
2. How many different aspects of creative writing are there?
3. What does the writer use with words to achieve his/her main goals?
4. How many ways are there to know a character?
5. What word is used to describe the life ideally given to fictional characters?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)