|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used to describe the life ideally given to fictional characters?
2. What kind of narrative should a storyteller use?
(a) Effective and involved.
(b) Effective and condensed.
(c) Effective and engaging.
(d) Effective and poetic.
3. According to the author, what is the purpose of fiction?
(a) To give a better understanding of human nature.
(b) To give a better understanding of human mistakes.
(c) To give a detailed analysis of human nature.
(d) To give a detailed analysis of human mistakes.
4. What will many experienced authors claim about their characters?
(a) They were inspired by history.
(b) They were taken from life.
(c) They were completely invented for the story.
(d) They were taken from other literary works.
5. What are three good example of character definition in fiction?
(a) Talents, habits, and behavior.
(b) Talents, relatives, and behavior.
(c) Relatives, habits, and behavior.
(d) Talents, relatives, and habits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can other characters provide for the main character?
2. What must a storyteller do when creating characters or events?
3. What is a writer's fundamental responsibility?
4. What do the two questions the author poses at the end of Chapter 2 add to a novel?
5. What type of reputation can a character have?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)