|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of a character's name provides a clear starting point for defining that character's context?
(a) The last name.
(b) The first name.
(c) The reason they were given the name.
(d) The middle name.
2. What place can writers use as inspiration for their characters?
(a) Observation and memory.
(b) Observation, but not memory.
(c) Observation and another person's memory.
(d) Memory, but not observation.
3. What happens to sources of inspiration once they are incorporated into characters?
(a) They are added to or exaggerated.
(b) They are added to or completely changed.
(c) They are exaggerated or completely changed.
(d) They are added to, exaggerated, or completely changed.
4. How often are sources of inspiration altered?
(a) Hardly at all.
(c) Very often.
5. What must a writer define in creative writing?
(a) Tone and point of view, but not style.
(b) Style, tone, and point of view.
(c) Style and tone, but not point of view.
(d) Style and point of view, but not tone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will a writer discover when they take their eyes off of the main character?
2. How does the author describe the act of creative writing in the Introduction?
3. What must a storyteller do when creating characters or events?
4. What does the writer use with words to achieve his/her main goals?
5. What is the function of a major character?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)