|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author hope to give writers who read the book?
(a) A popular method.
(b) A secret formula.
(c) A specific set of instructions.
(d) A set of tools.
2. In the subtitle of "Characters and Viewpoint", what are the three objectives that the author promises to deliver?
(a) How to find, invent, and construct characters.
(b) How to invent, construct, and animate characters.
(c) How to find, invent, and portray characters.
(d) How to invent, label, and portray characters.
3. What will help a writer to maintain consistency?
(a) Keeping a list of character traits and facts.
(b) Not having more than three central characters.
(c) Keeping a list of character names.
(d) Not having more than four supporting characters.
4. With what does the author intend to help writers?
(a) Fulfilling their responsibilities.
(b) Writing shorter novels.
(c) Writing longer novels.
(d) Rating their work.
5. Which of the following is not an example of a minor character's function?
(a) To offer information.
(b) To define the main theme.
(c) To act as a love interest.
(d) To create suspense.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should sources of inspiration be altered?
2. What happens to sources of inspiration once they are incorporated into characters?
3. What does the author think about characters from unrelated ideas?
4. How often are sources of inspiration altered?
5. What kinds of situations can make a character more interesting?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)