|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things should a writer be open to translating into their characters and stories?
(a) Impossibility and insight.
(b) Impossibility and the unknown.
(c) Possibility and insight.
(d) Possibility and the unknown.
2. Besides context, what else can a name provide for a character?
3. How does the author describe the act of creative writing in the Introduction?
(a) As a limited act.
(b) As a collaborative act.
(c) As a solitary act.
(d) As an unlimited act.
4. What will help a writer to maintain consistency?
(a) Keeping a list of character traits and facts.
(b) Not having more than four supporting characters.
(c) Keeping a list of character names.
(d) Not having more than three central characters.
5. How many different aspects of creative writing are there?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the subtitle of "Characters and Viewpoint", what are the three objectives that the author promises to deliver?
2. What must a storyteller do when creating characters or events?
3. What do the two questions the author poses at the end of Chapter 2 add to a novel?
4. What is the function of a major character?
5. What place can writers use as inspiration for their characters?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)