|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of narrative should a storyteller use?
(a) Effective and involved.
(b) Effective and poetic.
(c) Effective and condensed.
(d) Effective and engaging.
2. What place can writers use as inspiration for their characters?
(a) Memory, but not observation.
(b) Observation, but not memory.
(c) Observation and another person's memory.
(d) Observation and memory.
3. What can other characters provide for the main character?
(a) Conflict or assistance.
(b) Conflict, but never assistance.
(c) Neither conflict nor assistance.
(d) Assistance, but never conflict.
4. According to the quote that ends Chapter 3, where does the author believe a writer can find wonderful stories?
(a) Very few landscapes on earth.
(b) No landscapes on earth.
(c) Any landscape on earth.
(d) Most landscapes on earth.
5. What is the function of a major character?
(a) To be believable, but not necessarily interesting.
(b) To be interesting, but not necessarily believable.
(c) To be neither interesting nor believable.
(d) To be interesting and believable.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will the story itself suggest characters?
2. How many ways are there to know a character?
3. What type of reputation can a character have?
4. What does the author think about characters from unrelated ideas?
5. What do the two questions the author poses at the end of Chapter 2 add to a novel?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)