|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What technique can help avoid cliché?
(a) Extensive descriptions.
(b) Brief descriptions.
2. What does the author hope to give writers who read the book?
(a) A popular method.
(b) A secret formula.
(c) A specific set of instructions.
(d) A set of tools.
3. How does the author describe the act of creative writing in the Introduction?
(a) As an unlimited act.
(b) As a limited act.
(c) As a collaborative act.
(d) As a solitary act.
4. What will help a writer to maintain consistency?
(a) Not having more than three central characters.
(b) Keeping a list of character traits and facts.
(c) Not having more than four supporting characters.
(d) Keeping a list of character names.
5. In the subtitle of "Characters and Viewpoint", what are the three objectives that the author promises to deliver?
(a) How to find, invent, and construct characters.
(b) How to invent, construct, and animate characters.
(c) How to invent, label, and portray characters.
(d) How to find, invent, and portray characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must a writer define in creative writing?
2. How does the author describe writing based on an issue?
3. What kind of story does the author use as an example of how a story can suggest characters?
4. What is one of the problems with writing based on an issue?
5. What part of a character's name provides a clear starting point for defining that character's context?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)