|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will a writer discover when they take their eyes off of the main character?
(a) Who is far away.
(b) What is far away.
(c) Who is nearby.
(d) What is nearby.
2. How well do readers want to know characters in a book?
(a) Better than they know characters in a movie.
(b) Better than they know people in life.
(c) As well as they know people in life.
(d) As well as they know people in a movie.
3. How many different aspects of creative writing are there?
4. According to the author, what is the purpose of fiction?
(a) To give a detailed analysis of human mistakes.
(b) To give a better understanding of human mistakes.
(c) To give a better understanding of human nature.
(d) To give a detailed analysis of human nature.
5. What will many experienced authors claim about their characters?
(a) They were inspired by history.
(b) They were completely invented for the story.
(c) They were taken from other literary works.
(d) They were taken from life.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does the author intend to help writers?
2. What kind of story does the author use as an example of how a story can suggest characters?
3. What is a writer's fundamental responsibility?
4. What type of reputation can a character have?
5. What are three good example of character definition in fiction?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)