|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of reputation can a character have?
(a) Deserved or not deserved.
(b) A character should not have a reputation.
(c) One that is not deserved.
(d) One that is deserved.
2. Besides context, what else can a name provide for a character?
3. How does Chapter 1 end?
(a) With the value of a character's previous experiences.
(b) With the value of a character's physical appearance.
(c) With the insignificance of a character's previous experiences.
(d) With the insignificance of a character's physical appearance.
4. What type of vocabulary creates a negative response to a character?
(b) Small and underutilized.
(d) Large and overused.
5. How well do readers want to know characters in a book?
(a) Better than they know characters in a movie.
(b) Better than they know people in life.
(c) As well as they know people in a movie.
(d) As well as they know people in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a writer's fundamental responsibility?
2. What will help a writer to maintain consistency?
3. What type of motives should be included when writing a character that is more believable?
4. What reason does a character have for going through a random transformation?
5. According to the quote that ends Chapter 3, where does the author believe a writer can find wonderful stories?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)