Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does the author intend to help writers?
(a) Rating their work.
(b) Writing longer novels.
(c) Fulfilling their responsibilities.
(d) Writing shorter novels.
2. What happens to sources of inspiration once they are incorporated into characters?
(a) They are added to or exaggerated.
(b) They are added to or completely changed.
(c) They are exaggerated or completely changed.
(d) They are added to, exaggerated, or completely changed.
3. How many ways are there to know a character?
(a) Only one.
(d) A few.
4. How is the event described?
(a) What happens in the narrative and why.
(b) What happens in the narrative and when.
(c) What happens outside of the narrative and when.
(d) What happens outside of the narrative and why.
5. What does the writer use with words to achieve his/her main goals?
(a) Poetic license.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will the story itself suggest characters?
2. Which one of the following is not a powerful resource for finding characters listed by the author?
3. As what is the idea of hierarchy defined?
4. What type of vocabulary creates a negative response to a character?
5. How often are sources of inspiration altered?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)