|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Ayn Rand book, mentioned in Chapter 12, features sympathetic characters that are not transformed, but unmasked?
(a) The Fountainhead.
(c) We the Living.
(d) The Voice of Reason.
2. What do walk-ons lend to a narrative?
3. Which series of novels by Robert Parker are listed as an example of characters that are influenced to change?
(a) Philip Marlowe.
(c) Jesse Stone.
(d) Sunny Randall.
4. What do the most engaging characters reveal about themselves?
(a) Unknown fears.
(b) Unknown flaws.
(c) A heroic side.
5. Which tenses are the most commonly used?
(a) Present or past tense.
(b) Past or future tense.
(c) Present or future tense.
(d) Present, past, or future tense.
Short Answer Questions
1. In general, how do people write in comparison to the way they speak?
2. How much fiction uses random transformation?
3. What makes the techniques for interjecting humor even more effective?
4. What are the other words used by the author to describe random transformations in characters?
5. In the author's opinion, what must a transformation be?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)