|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer use with words to achieve his/her main goals?
(a) Poetic license.
2. How many basic types of characters are there?
3. What is the first way a writer can engage the reader?
(a) Creating a strong initial impression.
(b) Creating a weak initial impression that improves slowly.
(c) Creating an initial impression that does not appear strong or weak at first.
(d) Creating a weak initial impression that improves quickly.
4. How should a character's traits be designed in order to engage the reader?
(a) Different than the intended audience.
(b) Similar to the intended audience.
(c) Similar to other characters.
(d) Different than other characters.
5. How does Chapter 1 end?
(a) With the value of a character's physical appearance.
(b) With the insignificance of a character's physical appearance.
(c) With the insignificance of a character's previous experiences.
(d) With the value of a character's previous experiences.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is not given in Chapter 12 as a reason for characters to change themselves?
2. What type of imperfections can be appealing to readers?
3. What is the fourth and final technique for interjecting humor listed by the author in Chapter 10?
4. How does the author describe the act of creative writing in the Introduction?
5. What does the contract between an author and a reader state?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)