|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must accompany self-sacrifice in an engaging character?
2. What is a key contributor to a character's attitude?
(a) The past.
(b) The future.
(c) The past, present, and future.
(d) The present.
3. What effect does writing down words have as opposed to speaking them?
(a) Writing them down makes them less confusing.
(b) Writing them down makes the voice more formal.
(c) Writing them down makes the voice more informal.
(d) Writing them down makes them more confusing.
4. What is the amount of justification proportionate to?
(a) The character being justified.
(b) The number of characters involved in the event being justified.
(c) The event being justified.
(d) The number of events involved in the character being justified.
5. What does the term, "take", describe in a comedy?
(a) When a character points out the absurdity of something.
(b) When a narrator points out the seriousness of something.
(c) When a narrator points out the inaccuracies of something.
(d) When a character points out the irony of something.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is used to describe the life ideally given to fictional characters?
2. How are "showing" and "telling" defined?
3. In the author's opinion, what must a transformation be?
4. What are three good example of character definition in fiction?
5. Which form of language requires more precision?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)