|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer use with words to achieve his/her main goals?
(d) Poetic license.
2. What type of physical appearance can make a character more engaging?
(a) Appealing and subtle.
(b) Appealing and blatant.
(c) Appealing, but vague.
(d) Appealing and specific.
3. As what is the idea of hierarchy defined?
(a) A guideline to how many characters to include in a narrative.
(b) A guideline to which characters to introduce first in a narrative.
(c) A guideline to the amount of narrative each character receives.
(d) A guideline to the role a character plays in the plot.
4. What two ideals is the author blending in Chapter 9?
(a) The romantic with the realistic.
(b) The selfish with the unselfish.
(c) The predictable with the unpredictable.
(d) The intelligent with the unintelligent.
5. What is the fourth and final technique for interjecting humor listed by the author in Chapter 10?
(d) Role reversal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe what it means to "raise the stakes"?
2. Why should sources of inspiration be altered?
3. What kind of characterization is needed in a narrative that features the characters as the primary focus?
4. What is a Presentation perspective?
5. What will the writer have with more important characters and changes?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)