|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a flashback affect the present narrative?
(a) It does not affect the narrative.
(b) It stops the narrative.
(c) It slows the narrative down.
(d) It speeds the narrative up.
2. According to the author, what is an engaging narrative never about?
(a) Extraordinary people doing ordinary things for extraordinary reasons.
(b) Ordinary people doing extraordinary things for extraordinary reasons.
(c) Ordinary people doing ordinary things for extraordinary reasons.
(d) Ordinary people doing ordinary things for ordinary reasons.
3. What kind of traits should a writer use when first introducing a character?
4. What is a common reaction to a change?
(a) People might be fearful of it.
(b) People might be confused by it.
(c) People might be saddened by it.
(d) People might be amused by it.
5. How does the author define an idea?
(a) What the reader is intended to understand and/or learn.
(b) What the reader is intended to understand, but not necessarily learn.
(c) What the reader is intended to learn, but not necessarily understand.
(d) What the reader is not intended to understand and/or learn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides emotional, what type of attention from the reader is the goal of Chapter 7?
2. Besides context, what else can a name provide for a character?
3. Which perspective is placed on the humor by a writer in a comedy?
4. How often are sources of inspiration altered?
5. How many basic types of characters are there?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)