|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chapter 1 end?
(a) With the insignificance of a character's previous experiences.
(b) With the value of a character's physical appearance.
(c) With the value of a character's previous experiences.
(d) With the insignificance of a character's physical appearance.
2. How much impact does sound have on the types of voices the author is discussing in Chapter 13?
(a) It has no impact on it.
(b) It is a major part of it.
(c) It is only a small part of it.
(d) It has an average impact on it.
3. In comedy, how should a transformation be presented?
(a) In the middle of the story.
(b) In an unjustified way.
(c) Close to the end of the story.
(d) In a justified way.
4. Which one of the following is not an example of a story where an idea is the primary narrative?
5. What does the author think about characters from unrelated ideas?
(a) It is possible to put them together, but not interesting.
(b) It is both possible and interesting to put them together.
(c) It is neither possible nor interesting to put them together.
(d) It would be interesting, but it is not possible to put them together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author define an idea?
2. How much fiction uses random transformation?
3. What can other characters provide for the main character?
4. Which one of the following is not an example used by the author when listing the different voices people use?
5. Which one of the following is not a powerful resource for finding characters listed by the author?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)