|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does writing down words have as opposed to speaking them?
(a) Writing them down makes them more confusing.
(b) Writing them down makes them less confusing.
(c) Writing them down makes the voice more informal.
(d) Writing them down makes the voice more formal.
2. Which one of the following is not an example of how to vary the names of characters to distinguish them for the reader?
(a) Ending letters.
(d) Number of syllables.
3. How should a character's traits be designed in order to engage the reader?
(a) Similar to other characters.
(b) Different than other characters.
(c) Different than the intended audience.
(d) Similar to the intended audience.
4. What technique can help avoid cliché?
(a) Extensive descriptions.
(c) Brief descriptions.
5. How many basic types of characters are there?
Short Answer Questions
1. What determines the amount of characterization in an event?
2. What can cause a reader to become more engaged with a character?
3. How does the author describe what it means to "raise the stakes"?
4. Why does a character in a novel pursue a transformation in his/her life?
5. What is likely to cause an audience to connect with a character emotionally?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)