|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of relationships can contribute to a character's attitude?
(c) Past, present, or future.
2. Which one of the following is not an example of how to vary the names of characters to distinguish them for the reader?
(b) Ending letters.
(d) Number of syllables.
3. What is a Representation perspective?
(a) A narrative that influences the reader how to respond to the story.
(b) A narrative that reminds the reader they are being told a story.
(c) A narrative that allows the reader to forget they are being read a story.
(d) A narrative that prevents the reader from responding to a story.
4. Which perspective is placed on the humor by a writer in a comedy?
5. In general, how do people write in comparison to the way they speak?
(a) They write better than they speak.
(b) They write worse than they speak.
(c) They write slower than they speak.
(d) They write faster than they speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What style of writing is effective in combining the telling of a story with the reason it is being told?
2. What is the amount of justification proportionate to?
3. What effect does writing down words have as opposed to speaking them?
4. How many of the basic elements of a narrative does milieu incorporate?
5. What does the author think about characters from unrelated ideas?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)