|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of situations can make a character more interesting?
(a) Ones that the character and the reader are expecting.
(b) Ones that the character is unaccustomed with.
(c) Ones that the character has been in before.
(d) Ones that the reader is unaccustomed with.
2. How does the author describe the act of creative writing in the Introduction?
(a) As an unlimited act.
(b) As a solitary act.
(c) As a limited act.
(d) As a collaborative act.
3. How many ways are there to know a character?
(b) A few.
(c) Only one.
4. What type of reputation can a character have?
(a) Deserved or not deserved.
(b) One that is deserved.
(c) One that is not deserved.
(d) A character should not have a reputation.
5. Why does a character in a novel pursue a transformation in his/her life?
(a) His/her role has become unpredictable.
(b) His/her role has become insignificant.
(c) His/her role has become complicated.
(d) His/her role has become unbearable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place can writers use as inspiration for their characters?
2. How many of the basic elements of a narrative does milieu incorporate?
3. With what does the author intend to help writers?
4. Why is it necessary for a reader to care about the characters in a narrative?
5. How does the author define an idea?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)