|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chapter 1 end?
(a) With the insignificance of a character's physical appearance.
(b) With the value of a character's physical appearance.
(c) With the insignificance of a character's previous experiences.
(d) With the value of a character's previous experiences.
2. How well do readers want to know characters in a book?
(a) Better than they know characters in a movie.
(b) As well as they know people in a movie.
(c) Better than they know people in life.
(d) As well as they know people in life.
3. When an idea is the primary focus, what is the role of the characters?
(a) They define the plot completely.
(b) They define the plot in some way.
(c) Complex plot functionaries.
(d) Simple plot functionaries.
4. How many different aspects of creative writing are there?
5. What must a writer define in creative writing?
(a) Tone and point of view, but not style.
(b) Style, tone, and point of view.
(c) Style and tone, but not point of view.
(d) Style and point of view, but not tone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the readers and creators of a contemporary narrative believe about in-depth characterization?
2. Which of the following is not an example of a minor character's function?
3. With what does the author intend to help writers?
4. What is part of the reader's experience of the milieu?
5. What does the author think can also provide ideas for additional characters?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)