|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the contract between an author and a reader state?
(a) That the narrative will introduce less characters.
(b) That the narrative will reach a conclusion.
(c) That the narrative will have a happy ending.
(d) That the narrative will introduce more characters.
2. What kind of narrative should a storyteller use?
(a) Effective and engaging.
(b) Effective and poetic.
(c) Effective and condensed.
(d) Effective and involved.
3. How many ways are there to know a character?
(b) A few.
(c) Only one.
4. What can other characters provide for the main character?
(a) Conflict, but never assistance.
(b) Assistance, but never conflict.
(c) Conflict or assistance.
(d) Neither conflict nor assistance.
5. What technique can help avoid cliché?
(b) Extensive descriptions.
(c) Brief descriptions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of story does the author use as an example of how a story can suggest characters?
2. What is the author's theory about fiction in Chapter 5?
3. How does Chapter 1 end?
4. What do the two questions the author poses at the end of Chapter 2 add to a novel?
5. How often are sources of inspiration altered?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)