|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a character in a novel pursue a transformation in his/her life?
(a) His/her role has become insignificant.
(b) His/her role has become unbearable.
(c) His/her role has become complicated.
(d) His/her role has become unpredictable.
2. How many different aspects of creative writing are there?
3. In an event-driven narrative, what is the goal of the characters?
(a) To hide an intolerable situation.
(b) To avoid an intolerable situation.
(c) To prevent an intolerable situation.
(d) To change an intolerable situation.
4. What happens to sources of inspiration once they are incorporated into characters?
(a) They are added to or completely changed.
(b) They are exaggerated or completely changed.
(c) They are added to, exaggerated, or completely changed.
(d) They are added to or exaggerated.
5. What do the readers and creators of a contemporary narrative believe about in-depth characterization?
(a) It is necessary, but not expected.
(b) It is neither expected nor necessary.
(c) It is expected, but not necessary.
(d) It is both expected and necessary.
Short Answer Questions
1. As what is the idea of hierarchy defined?
2. How does Chapter 1 end?
3. In a story where character is the primary focus, how many characters need to be fully developed?
4. How necessary is it for characters to be more than stereotypes in a narrative where an idea is the primary focus?
5. What does the writer use with words to achieve his/her main goals?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)