Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer use with words to achieve his/her main goals?
(b) Poetic license.
2. Which of the following is not an example of a minor character's function?
(a) To offer information.
(b) To define the main theme.
(c) To act as a love interest.
(d) To create suspense.
3. What does the author hope to give writers who read the book?
(a) A popular method.
(b) A secret formula.
(c) A specific set of instructions.
(d) A set of tools.
4. Which one of the following is not an example of how to vary the names of characters to distinguish them for the reader?
(a) Number of syllables.
(d) Ending letters.
5. What must a storyteller do when creating characters or events?
(a) Understand and define the theme.
(b) Broaden the theme.
(c) Understand and define the implications of the plot.
(d) Broaden the plot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two questions the author poses at the end of Chapter 2 add to a novel?
2. What technique can help avoid cliché?
3. How does the author define an idea?
4. What do walk-ons lend to a narrative?
5. What is the function of a major character?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)