|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is part of the reader's experience of the milieu?
(a) The normalcy and predictability of the characters.
(b) The strangeness and familiarity of the characters.
(c) The strangeness and unfamiliarity of the characters.
(d) The normalcy and unpredictability of the characters.
2. Which perspective is placed on the humor by a writer in a comedy?
3. What does the writer use with words to achieve his/her main goals?
(d) Poetic license.
4. What does the contract between an author and a reader state?
(a) That the narrative will reach a conclusion.
(b) That the narrative will introduce less characters.
(c) That the narrative will have a happy ending.
(d) That the narrative will introduce more characters.
5. What is a narrative that is focused on an event trying to make sense of?
Short Answer Questions
1. As what is the idea of hierarchy defined?
2. What do the most engaging characters reveal about themselves?
3. What is milieu?
4. According to the author in Chapter 10, what is comedy almost always about?
5. In Chapter 8, how does the author want the reader to be engaged with a character?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)