|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an example of a broad stroke definition?
2. What type of relationships can contribute to a character's attitude?
(c) Past, present, or future.
3. What will many experienced authors claim about their characters?
(a) They were completely invented for the story.
(b) They were inspired by history.
(c) They were taken from other literary works.
(d) They were taken from life.
4. What kind of traits should a writer use when first introducing a character?
5. What two ideals is the author blending in Chapter 9?
(a) The selfish with the unselfish.
(b) The romantic with the realistic.
(c) The predictable with the unpredictable.
(d) The intelligent with the unintelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe writing based on an issue?
2. How do the motives of a believable character affect the direction of the story?
3. How well do readers want to know characters in a book?
4. What must a writer define in creative writing?
5. What does "controlled disbelief" refer to?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)