|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of reputation can a character have?
(a) Deserved or not deserved.
(b) A character should not have a reputation.
(c) One that is not deserved.
(d) One that is deserved.
2. What is part of the reader's experience of the milieu?
(a) The strangeness and unfamiliarity of the characters.
(b) The strangeness and familiarity of the characters.
(c) The normalcy and predictability of the characters.
(d) The normalcy and unpredictability of the characters.
3. How many basic factors are there common to all forms of narrative writing?
4. What do the most engaging characters reveal about themselves?
(a) Unknown flaws.
(b) Unknown fears.
(c) A heroic side.
5. Besides emotional, what type of attention from the reader is the goal of Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What technique can help avoid cliché?
2. Which one of the following triggers a negative reaction from readers?
3. In a comedy, what are the comedic interjections grounded in?
4. How does the author describe what it means to "raise the stakes"?
5. How necessary is it for characters to be more than stereotypes in a narrative where an idea is the primary focus?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)