|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the most engaging characters reveal about themselves?
(a) Unknown fears.
(c) A heroic side.
(d) Unknown flaws.
2. What is a narrative that is focused on an event trying to make sense of?
3. How should exaggeration be used when writing a comedy?
(a) Exaggeration should not be used in a comedy.
(b) With extreme caution.
(c) Within certain boundaries.
(d) With no boundaries.
4. What type of pain and suffering for a character causes the reader's emotional investment to expand?
5. What type of vocabulary creates a negative response to a character?
(b) Small and underutilized.
(c) Large and overused.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author define an idea?
2. What should a writer do when adding layers to a stereotyped character?
3. What does having more complex characters lead to?
4. What type of relationships can contribute to a character's attitude?
5. What must accompany self-sacrifice in an engaging character?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)