|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is not an example the author uses as a way to add emotional intensity to a character?
2. What type of relationships can contribute to a character's attitude?
(c) Past, present, or future.
3. In a comedy, what are the comedic interjections grounded in?
4. What two things should a writer be open to translating into their characters and stories?
(a) Impossibility and insight.
(b) Possibility and insight.
(c) Possibility and the unknown.
(d) Impossibility and the unknown.
5. Why does a character in a novel pursue a transformation in his/her life?
(a) His/her role has become unpredictable.
(b) His/her role has become complicated.
(c) His/her role has become insignificant.
(d) His/her role has become unbearable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vocabulary creates a negative response to a character?
2. What balance must be met when creating an endearing character?
3. What place can writers use as inspiration for their characters?
4. What is milieu?
5. What does the author hope to give writers who read the book?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)