Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what is the purpose of fiction?
(a) To give a better understanding of human nature.
(b) To give a better understanding of human mistakes.
(c) To give a detailed analysis of human nature.
(d) To give a detailed analysis of human mistakes.
2. What can other characters provide for the main character?
(a) Assistance, but never conflict.
(b) Neither conflict nor assistance.
(c) Conflict or assistance.
(d) Conflict, but never assistance.
3. What should a writer do when adding layers to a stereotyped character?
(a) Prove the reader wrong.
(b) Confirm the reader's expectations.
(c) Surprise the reader.
(d) Confuse the reader.
4. What kind of jeopardy can a character be placed in to evoke an emotional response from the reader?
(a) Only physical and believable.
(b) Physical or emotional, but believable.
(c) Physical or emotional, but unbelievable.
(d) Only emotional and unbelievable.
5. What does the author hope to give writers who read the book?
(a) A set of tools.
(b) A specific set of instructions.
(c) A popular method.
(d) A secret formula.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author think about characters from unrelated ideas?
2. What is one of the problems with writing based on an issue?
3. What type of imperfections can be appealing to readers?
4. What type of relationships can contribute to a character's attitude?
5. What will a writer discover when they take their eyes off of the main character?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)