|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of reaction will an audience have to a character with opposing characteristics?
(a) Immediate and negative.
(b) Slow, but mostly negative.
(c) They may not respond at all.
(d) Immediate, but not necessarily negative.
2. Which one of the following is not an example of a character trait that will gain an emotional connection with the reader?
(c) Positive attitude.
3. What two ideals is the author blending in Chapter 9?
(a) The predictable with the unpredictable.
(b) The romantic with the realistic.
(c) The intelligent with the unintelligent.
(d) The selfish with the unselfish.
4. What type of vocabulary creates a negative response to a character?
(b) Large and overused.
(c) Small and underutilized.
5. Besides emotional, what type of attention from the reader is the goal of Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to sources of inspiration once they are incorporated into characters?
2. How can a character appear to change while remaining unchanged?
3. What reason does a character have for going through a random transformation?
4. What place can writers use as inspiration for their characters?
5. What exists to provide justification for unexplained changes?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)