|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much fiction uses random transformation?
2. What is a common reaction to a change?
(a) People might be amused by it.
(b) People might be confused by it.
(c) People might be saddened by it.
(d) People might be fearful of it.
3. In comedy, how should a transformation be presented?
(a) In the middle of the story.
(b) In an unjustified way.
(c) In a justified way.
(d) Close to the end of the story.
4. Why do some readers interpret a change in a character that was not written to change?
(a) The reader did not understand the plot.
(b) The reader did not understand the character when reading about it.
(c) The author did not understand the reader.
(d) The author did not understand the character when writing it.
5. How will the story itself suggest characters?
(a) According to what needs to happen, but not how it needs to take place.
(b) According to what needs to happen and how it needs to take place.
(c) According to the ending of a story.
(d) According to the beginning of a story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should sources of inspiration be altered?
2. What type of physical appearance can make a character more engaging?
3. Which character in Pygmalion does the author use as an example of a character that changes him or herself?
4. What will help a writer to maintain consistency?
5. Which one of the following triggers a negative reaction from readers?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)