|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of pain and suffering for a character causes the reader's emotional investment to expand?
2. What does the author think can also provide ideas for additional characters?
(a) The future of central characters.
(b) The pasts of supporting characters.
(c) The pasts of central characters.
(d) The future of supporting characters.
3. What is one of the problems with writing based on an issue?
(a) The characters embody neither attitudes nor perspectives.
(b) The characters tend to embody attitudes or perspectives.
(c) The characters tend to embody perspectives with no attitudes.
(d) The characters tend to embody attitudes with no perspectives.
4. In the author's opinion, what must a transformation be?
(c) Justified and logical.
5. Which character in Pygmalion does the author use as an example of a character that changes him or herself?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the quote that ends Chapter 3, where does the author believe a writer can find wonderful stories?
2. Which Irish novelist does the author refer to when describing characters that change from situations beyond their control?
3. According to the author in the beginning of Chapter 12, what changes along with people?
4. How can a character effectively have a random transformation?
5. What part of a character's name provides a clear starting point for defining that character's context?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)