|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which series of novels by Robert Parker are listed as an example of characters that are influenced to change?
(b) Philip Marlowe.
(c) Sunny Randall.
(d) Jesse Stone.
2. How does the author describe writing based on an issue?
(a) A misleading source of characters.
(b) An ambiguous source of characters.
(c) A distracting source of characters.
(d) A tricky source of characters.
3. Which one of the following is not an example the author uses as a way to add emotional intensity to a character?
4. What type of imperfections can be appealing to readers?
5. Which one of the following is not an example of how to vary the names of characters to distinguish them for the reader?
(a) Ending letters.
(c) Number of syllables.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much freedom do characters have to change in comedy?
2. According to the author in the beginning of Chapter 12, what changes along with people?
3. What is the first way a writer can engage the reader?
4. Besides emotional, what type of attention from the reader is the goal of Chapter 7?
5. What type of vocabulary creates a negative response to a character?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)