|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does a character have for going through a random transformation?
(a) An illogical reason.
(b) An unexplained reason.
(c) A logical reason.
(d) No reason.
2. What must accompany self-sacrifice in an engaging character?
3. Which one of the following is not a powerful resource for finding characters listed by the author?
(a) The writer's previous works.
(b) The writer's feelings.
(c) The writer's self.
(d) The writer's unrelated memories.
4. Why do some readers interpret a change in a character that was not written to change?
(a) The reader did not understand the character when reading about it.
(b) The reader did not understand the plot.
(c) The author did not understand the reader.
(d) The author did not understand the character when writing it.
5. In order to avoid being boring, what does a character have to be?
(a) Passive and mysterious.
(b) Familiar and idiosyncratic.
(c) Aggressive and mysterious.
(d) Unfamiliar and idiosyncratic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will the story itself suggest characters?
2. How can a character effectively have a random transformation?
3. What type of influences might cause a character to change?
4. Which one of the following is not an example of a character trait that will gain an emotional connection with the reader?
5. What are the other words used by the author to describe random transformations in characters?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)