|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which series of novels by Robert Parker are listed as an example of characters that are influenced to change?
(a) Sunny Randall.
(b) Philip Marlowe.
(c) Jesse Stone.
2. What must accompany self-sacrifice in an engaging character?
3. What two ideals is the author blending in Chapter 9?
(a) The intelligent with the unintelligent.
(b) The selfish with the unselfish.
(c) The romantic with the realistic.
(d) The predictable with the unpredictable.
4. What kind of story does the author use as an example of how a story can suggest characters?
(a) Unwilling confinement.
(c) Natural disaster.
(d) Space adventure.
5. What type of influences might cause a character to change?
(a) The influence of other characters, but not circumstances.
(b) The influence of circumstances, but not characters.
(c) The influence of other characters or circumstances.
(d) The influence of neither other characters nor circumstances.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much fiction uses random transformation?
2. What is one of the problems with writing based on an issue?
3. What place can writers use as inspiration for their characters?
4. What will a writer discover when they take their eyes off of the main character?
5. What balance must be met when creating an endearing character?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)