|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides emotional, what type of attention from the reader is the goal of Chapter 7?
2. Which one of the following triggers a negative reaction from readers?
(a) A character who is controlled by others.
(b) A character who confuses others.
(c) A character who wants power or control.
(d) A character who is confusing.
3. According to the quote that ends Chapter 3, where does the author believe a writer can find wonderful stories?
(a) Most landscapes on earth.
(b) Very few landscapes on earth.
(c) Any landscape on earth.
(d) No landscapes on earth.
4. How much freedom do characters have to change in comedy?
(c) Only the central character can change in comedy.
5. What type of pain and suffering for a character causes the reader's emotional investment to expand?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the other words used by the author to describe random transformations in characters?
2. Which one of the following is not given in Chapter 12 as a reason for characters to change themselves?
3. What can cause a reader to become more engaged with a character?
4. According to the author, where do characters come from?
5. What type of physical appearance can make a character more engaging?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)