|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Tamalane announces on page 336, what do Odrade and her group eat before the fish on the planet have all died?
2. Through whom does Dortujla send a message to Odrade as reported on page 258?
3. Where does the Great Honored Matre agree to meet Odrade?
4. What killed Dortujla's companions as reported on page 324?
5. Where are the Rabbi and Rebecca on page 206?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Teg in danger on the "name-chain"?
2. Why does Bellonda visit Duncan Idaho while Odrade is traveling away from Central?
3. On page 285, why does Odrade speak to Scytale in his own language?
4. Describe Murbella's experience during the Spice Agony.
5. Explain why someone would order a Convocation of the Bene Gesserit.
6. On pages 308-312, how does Teg change?
7. On pages 298-299, why does Odrade disapprove of Murbella's training exercises?
8. What is the significance of Clairby's driving Odrade's ship to Junction?
9. What decision does Odrade make about the sea at Eldio, and why?
10. What does the Great Honored Matre intend to accomplish by serving Odrade wine, and what actually happens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one example of Odrade's decision-making abilities, and discuss how she makes a decision and how others react to it.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the assumption of power in the Honored Matre society, and compare and contrast it with that of the Bene Gesserit society.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of Teg as the ideal character in the Dune universe.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)