|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On page 226, Streggi informs Odrade that what are suffering in the drought?
2. Whom does the woman in the space shuttle on page 350 guide?
3. Who was Muad'Dib's mother?
4. Who visits Duncan Idaho on page 241?
5. Which character describes herself on page 222 as "already in the chute"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Teg in danger on the "name-chain"?
2. Why does Bellonda visit Duncan Idaho while Odrade is traveling away from Central?
3. Describe Sheeana's quarters.
4. Describe Duncan Idaho's methods of Mentat deduction.
5. Describe Murbella's experience during the Spice Agony.
6. How does Odrade react to Streggi's report on truffles?
7. Summarize the Great Honored Matre's thoughts about Logno.
8. How does the relationship between Duncan Idaho and Murbella change after the Spice Agony?
9. Explain why someone would order a Convocation of the Bene Gesserit.
10. As Odrade reveals in a soliloquy on page 375, how do the Honored Matres train their recruits?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Other Memory with the extended memory of a ghola.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of spice addiction in the events of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Herbert's dialogue style and its effect on the reader's perception of events.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)