|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the Great Honored Matre believe wants to kill her?
2. Through whom does Dortujla send a message to Odrade as reported on page 258?
3. Which group does Duncan Idaho describe on page 276 as "amoral"?
4. Where does the Convocation take place?
5. What is the name of the Suk attending the birth of Murbella's child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the danger Odrade sees in the Bene Gesserit habits.
2. On pages 308-312, how does Teg change?
3. Explain why someone would order a Convocation of the Bene Gesserit.
4. Summarize the Great Honored Matre's thoughts about Logno.
5. As Odrade reveals in a soliloquy on page 375, how do the Honored Matres train their recruits?
6. Toward the end of this section, what role does Teg take up? Why?
7. What is the significance of the sunbather?
8. Describe Sheeana's quarters.
9. Describe Duncan Idaho's methods of Mentat deduction.
10. On page 285, why does Odrade speak to Scytale in his own language?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the theme of art as motivator in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Herbert's development of the Dune universe, addressing concerns such as vocabulary, culture, and communication.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the leadership styles of Odrade and the Great Honored Matre.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)