|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Odrade expect to revolutionize the Bene Gesserit as mentioned on page 301?
2. Where does Odrade go swimming on page 234?
3. Of whom does Murbella first think as she revives after the Spice Agony?
4. Which group does Duncan Idaho describe on page 276 as "amoral"?
5. Which Reverend Mother is reported on page 323 as being ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Teg in danger on the "name-chain"?
2. Explain Duncan Idaho's comparison between Murbella and Jessica.
3. Summarize the Great Honored Matre's thoughts about Logno.
4. As Odrade reveals in a soliloquy on page 375, how do the Honored Matres train their recruits?
5. How does Odrade react to Streggi's report on truffles?
6. On page 285, why does Odrade speak to Scytale in his own language?
7. Describe Sheeana's quarters.
8. On pages 368-369, why is the Rabbi upset?
9. What is the significance of the sunbather?
10. Why does Murbella interrupt Teg's command of battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Herbert's dialogue style and its effect on the reader's perception of events.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail the tension between greenery and desert on Chapterhouse.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the theme of art as motivator in this novel.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)