|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Convocation take place?
2. What planet is compared to Camelot on page 293?
3. Who is the "Orchard Mistress" introduced on page 229?
4. Which group seeks asylum on Teg's ship?
5. With whom does Odrade develop a battle plan on pages 328-329?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Duncan Idaho's comparison between Murbella and Jessica.
2. Why does Odrade question Tamalane about her personal experiences on Dune?
3. How does Odrade react to Streggi's report on truffles?
4. Describe the no-chamber and its inhabitants.
5. What decision does Odrade make about the sea at Eldio, and why?
6. Summarize the Great Honored Matre's thoughts about Logno.
7. Why does Murbella interrupt Teg's command of battle?
8. As Odrade reveals in a soliloquy on page 375, how do the Honored Matres train their recruits?
9. Why was Teg in danger on the "name-chain"?
10. Describe Murbella's experience during the Spice Agony.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Herbert's dialogue style and its effect on the reader's perception of events.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the nature of spice addiction in Bene Gesserit society, thoroughly explicating its pros and cons.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail the tension between greenery and desert on Chapterhouse.
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)