|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Bene Gesserit who have gone into the Scattering have contacted Chapterhouse?
2. Where is Odrade on page 253 when Tamalane reports on road conditions?
3. What is the name of the "energy source" in Holzmann's theory?
4. Which acolyte assists Odrade on her trip to Junction?
5. With whom does Odrade develop a battle plan on pages 328-329?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Odrade make about the sea at Eldio, and why?
2. Summarize the Great Honored Matre's thoughts about Logno.
3. What is the significance of Clairby's driving Odrade's ship to Junction?
4. Describe Murbella's experience during the Spice Agony.
5. What does the Great Honored Matre intend to accomplish by serving Odrade wine, and what actually happens?
6. As Odrade reveals in a soliloquy on page 375, how do the Honored Matres train their recruits?
7. On pages 308-312, how does Teg change?
8. How does the relationship between Duncan Idaho and Murbella change after the Spice Agony?
9. How does Odrade react to Streggi's report on truffles?
10. On pages 298-299, why does Odrade disapprove of Murbella's training exercises?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the seabird that Odrade sees in the desert.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one example of Odrade's decision-making abilities, and discuss how she makes a decision and how others react to it.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of setting in the novel, giving examples of how setting affects the events of the story.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)