|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Odrade's adoptive mother?
2. How long will Rebecca's personal spice supply last?
3. With whom does Lucilla Share on page 50?
4. As mentioned on page 39, with whom does Odrade intend to replace Tamalane?
5. From what word does "Desian" come?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Jewish society in this novel.
2. Explain Odrade's memories of Sea Child and their effect on her life.
3. Explain the relationship between Odrade and Taraza.
4. Why does Odrade choose Duncan Idaho to train Teg?
5. Explain the role of the comeye in Bene Gesserit life.
6. What is the Golden Path, and how does Odrade feel about it?
7. What are axlotl tanks? Why are they surprising to the Bene Gesserit?
8. Explain Truthsense as Shoel described it.
9. What is the importance of the "Siona gene-mark"?
10. Summarize Odrade's memory of Linchine.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the leadership styles of Odrade and the Great Honored Matre.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of spice addiction in the events of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the nature of spice addiction in Bene Gesserit society, thoroughly explicating its pros and cons.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)