|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the baby mentioned on page 3?
2. What does the Futar call the Great Honored Matre?
3. How long did the Tyrant rule?
4. Who built Duncan Idaho's no-ship?
5. What is the name of the Bene Gesserit chef at Central?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Great Honored Matre's leadership style.
2. Why do the Bene Gesserit not approve of democracy?
3. What happens during Sharing, and what is the method?
4. Explain the meaning of Scytale's belief that "Tleilaxu sperm does not talk."
5. Explain the relationship between Odrade and Taraza.
6. Describe the relationship between Odrade and Bellonda.
7. What is Sheeana's role in Bene Gesserit society? Explain.
8. What is the Golden Path, and how does Odrade feel about it?
9. Describe the Jewish society in this novel.
10. What is Dortujla's place in Bene Gesserit society, and how did she get there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Herbert's dialogue style and its effect on the reader's perception of events.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the nature of spice addiction in Bene Gesserit society, thoroughly explicating its pros and cons.
Essay Topic 3
Defend Bellonda's assertion that the Kwisatz Haderach must be killed.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)