|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Scytale out of the no-ship occasionally?
(b) Duncan Idaho.
2. At the Convocation, who compares herself to Caesar?
3. With whom does Sheeana Share on page 338?
4. What word does Scytale use that means "land of the unruled"?
5. To whom does Odrade apply the label "refugees" on page 330?
(a) Reverend Mothers in the Scattering.
(b) The Honored Matres.
(c) The Spacing Guild.
(d) The House Atreides.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Convocation take place?
2. Who requests a Convocation?
3. What type of plant is growing around the edges of the desert as mentioned on page 255?
4. What is the name of the "energy source" in Holzmann's theory?
5. Which Reverend Mother is described on page 331 as thinner than normal?
Short Essay Questions
1. On pages 298-299, why does Odrade disapprove of Murbella's training exercises?
2. On page 285, why does Odrade speak to Scytale in his own language?
3. Why does Bellonda visit Duncan Idaho while Odrade is traveling away from Central?
4. Explain the danger Odrade sees in the Bene Gesserit habits.
5. Summarize the Great Honored Matre's thoughts about Logno.
6. Describe the no-chamber and its inhabitants.
7. Explain Duncan Idaho's comparison between Murbella and Jessica.
8. Describe Duncan Idaho's methods of Mentat deduction.
9. On pages 368-369, why is the Rabbi upset?
10. How does Odrade react to Streggi's report on truffles?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)