|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the god of the Honored Matres?
(d) Kwisatz Haderach.
2. Where does the Great Honored Matre agree to meet Odrade?
(a) On a no-ship.
3. On page 226, Streggi informs Odrade that what are suffering in the drought?
(b) Apple trees.
(d) Potato plants.
4. Of whom does Murbella first think as she revives after the Spice Agony?
(b) Her children.
(c) Duncan Idaho.
(d) The Great Honored Matre.
5. Of what does Sheeana have a picture in her bedroom?
(a) The sea on Gammu.
(b) A sandworm.
(c) Duncan Idaho.
(d) Cottages at Cordeville.
Short Answer Questions
1. What planet is compared to Camelot on page 293?
2. Where is Odrade on page 253 when Tamalane reports on road conditions?
3. Who was Muad'Dib's mother?
4. Which character witnesses Murbella's Agony in spite of common practices?
5. Who interrupts Teg's observations of the battle on page 391?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Odrade reveals in a soliloquy on page 375, how do the Honored Matres train their recruits?
2. Explain the danger Odrade sees in the Bene Gesserit habits.
3. Why was Teg in danger on the "name-chain"?
4. Explain why someone would order a Convocation of the Bene Gesserit.
5. Describe Murbella's experience during the Spice Agony.
6. How does the relationship between Duncan Idaho and Murbella change after the Spice Agony?
7. Describe Sheeana's quarters.
8. Describe the no-chamber and its inhabitants.
9. Why does Odrade question Tamalane about her personal experiences on Dune?
10. Toward the end of this section, what role does Teg take up? Why?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)