|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the ghola Duncan Idaho spend his childhood?
2. Who interrupts Teg's observations of the battle on page 391?
3. Who describes herself as "carry[ing] a golden egg"?
4. What is the Honored Matre name for the Old Empire?
(a) "Atreides Prime."
(b) "The Million Planets."
(c) "The Old Hegemony."
(d) "The Infinite Population."
5. On page 225, how many people are in Odrade's traveling group?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who created the sculpture called "Void"?
2. On page 226, Streggi informs Odrade that what are suffering in the drought?
3. What were the desert people of Dune called?
4. Which Proctor asks Odrade many questions at the Convocation?
5. Who requests a Convocation?
Short Essay Questions
1. On pages 298-299, why does Odrade disapprove of Murbella's training exercises?
2. Describe Sheeana's quarters.
3. On page 285, why does Odrade speak to Scytale in his own language?
4. On pages 368-369, why is the Rabbi upset?
5. Explain Duncan Idaho's comparison between Murbella and Jessica.
6. What decision does Odrade make about the sea at Eldio, and why?
7. Why does Bellonda visit Duncan Idaho while Odrade is traveling away from Central?
8. What does the Great Honored Matre intend to accomplish by serving Odrade wine, and what actually happens?
9. Why does Odrade question Tamalane about her personal experiences on Dune?
10. Why was Teg in danger on the "name-chain"?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)