|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Bene Gesserit at Central bury their dead?
(a) The desert.
(b) The sea.
(c) Deep space.
(d) The orchard.
2. Which character in Bene Gesserit history created the idea of the Golden Path?
(b) Van Gogh.
(c) Leto II.
3. In what was Duncan Idaho grown?
(a) A Futar uterus.
(b) A no-ship.
(c) An axlotl tank.
(d) A test tube.
4. What are the physicians on Chapterhouse called?
5. What had been carried in the no-ship's Great Hold?
(a) Thousands of gallons of spice.
(b) The Bene Gesserit population of Dune.
(c) A sandworm.
(d) A small planet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the baby mentioned on page 3?
2. Where did the Bashar Teg die?
3. Whom is Rebecca facing on page 68?
4. What does the Great Honored Matre give Lucilla to drink on page 110?
5. Who serves as Teg's companion around Central?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role do the Proctors have with regard to Odrade's position in the Bene Gesserit?
2. Where are Scytale's people? Explain.
3. Explain Odrade's memories of Sea Child and their effect on her life.
4. What is Dortujla's place in Bene Gesserit society, and how did she get there?
5. Explain Truthsense as Shoel described it.
6. What is Lucilla's relationship to the "Lampadas horde," and how did it come about?
7. Describe the relationship between Odrade and Bellonda.
8. Why does Odrade eat with the acolytes?
9. What is the importance of the "Siona gene-mark"?
10. Why do the Bene Gesserit not approve of democracy?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)