|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character discusses her father on page 1?
2. What is the name of the religion the Bene Gesserit creates?
(c) The Missionaria Excrucior.
(d) The Missionaria Protectiva.
3. Which Bene Gesserit is shown on page 41 as being a prisoner of the Honored Matres?
4. Who eats with the acolytes on page 115?
(a) Duncan Idaho.
5. Whom does the Great Honored Matre kill on page 172?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is going to help Teg become what he was in his past lives?
2. What does Odrade eat for lunch on page 64?
3. What color are the Reverend Mothers' eyes?
4. What drug does Scytale take on page 147?
5. On what planet do the Jews live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role do the Proctors have with regard to Odrade's position in the Bene Gesserit?
2. What is Lucilla's relationship to the "Lampadas horde," and how did it come about?
3. Explain Truthsense as Shoel described it.
4. Explain Odrade's memories of Sea Child and their effect on her life.
5. Describe the Great Honored Matre's pet.
6. Why do the Bene Gesserit keep the orchards? What challenges do they face in doing so?
7. Describe the Jewish society in this novel.
8. What effect does melange have on Odrade?
9. Explain the role of the comeye in Bene Gesserit life.
10. Summarize Odrade's memory of Linchine.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)