|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Thomas S. Kuhn born?
2. What is the social science that analyzes the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services?
(a) Information theory.
(b) Chaos theory.
3. Where did Michael Barnsley earn his Ph.D.?
(a) Johns Hopkins University.
(b) The University of Wisconsin-Madison.
(c) The University of Paris.
(d) The Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
4. Where was Robert May born?
(a) Tokyo, Japan.
(b) Sydney, Australia.
(c) Cairo, Egypt.
(d) Berlin, Germany.
5. Where was David Ruelle born?
(a) Warsaw, Poland.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) Berlin, Germany.
(d) Ghent, Belgium.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gleick, Albert Libchaber had a similar background to who, living as a refugee during World War II?
2. What, according to the author, are created out of things that have come to an end?
3. Who was a German writer, pictorial artist, biologist, theoretical physicist, and polymath?
4. How many equations were on the piece of paper William Burke wanted to run through the analog computer in Chapter 9, "The Dynamical Systems Collective"?
5. What is defined as a mess of disorder on all scales and is not stable?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)