|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, "The Dynamical Systems Collective," the author writes, "Communication across the revolutionary divide is inevitably" what?
2. Where was J. Doyne Farmer born?
(a) Houston, Texas.
(b) Billings, Montana.
(c) Moorhead, Minnesota.
(d) Eugene, Oregon.
3. Where was Norman Packard born?
(a) Munising, Michigan.
(b) Dallas, Texas.
(c) Silver City, New Mexico.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
4. When was Benoit Mandelbrot born?
5. What is a measure of the resistance of a fluid which is being deformed by either shear stress or tensile stress?
(b) Cosmic arrhythmias.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mathematical study of changes in the qualitative or topological structure of a given family, such as the integral curves of a family of vector fields, and the solutions of a family of differential equations?
2. What is the atomic number of helium?
3. What occurs when a fluid flows in parallel layers, with no disruption between the layers?
4. When did Albert Libchaber join the faculty at The Rockefeller University?
5. What paper did James Yorke publish in 1975 concerning chaos?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)