|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his paper, Kuhn argues that rival paradigms are ______, meaning that it is not possible to understand one paradigm through the conceptual framework and terminology of another rival paradigm.
2. What is a sub-discipline of fluid mechanics that deals with the natural science of fluids (liquids and gases) in motion?
(a) Fractal basin boundaries.
(b) Theoretical physics.
(c) Poincare conjecture.
(d) Fluid dynamics.
3. When was Edward Lorenz born?
4. What refers to a rough or fragmented geometric shape that can be split into parts, each of which is a reduced-size copy of the whole?
5. Where was Gustav Mahler born?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Harry L. Swinney born?
2. Where was Edward Lorenz born?
3. Where is the main laboratory for the Thomas J. Watson Research Center?
4. The National Weather Service is one of the six scientific agencies that make up what division of the U.S. Government?
5. Where was Thomas S. Kuhn born?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)