|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Edward Lorenz's 1963 paper in Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences?
(a) "Fractals Everywhere".
(b) "Physical Review Letters".
(c) "The Structure of Scientific Revolutions".
(d) "Deterministic Nonperiodic Flow".
2. What is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language?
(d) Information theory.
3. In what year did Edward Lorenz create a weather simulator as described in Chapter 1, "The Butterfly Effect"?
4. When was Thomas S. Kuhn born?
5. Where is Stephen Smale from?
(a) Fargo, North Dakota.
(b) Flint, Michigan.
(c) Aurora, Illinois.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Foucault use as a way to demonstrate the earth's rotation, according to the author in Chapter 2, "Revolution"?
2. What is a natural science that involves the study of matter and its motion through spacetime, along with related concepts such as energy and force?
3. What, according to the author, are created out of things that have come to an end?
4. Where is the European Center for Medium Range Forecasts headquartered?
5. Where was Thomas S. Kuhn born?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)