|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did Ali receive an urgent message?
(a) His office in London.
(b) His mother-in-law.
(c) His office in Abidjan.
(d) His mother.
2. About what does Opokuya wonder concerning Esi and Fusena?
(a) If Esi would be willing to live in a household with another wife.
(b) If Esi would rebel against Fusena's demands as senior wife.
(c) If Fusena would continue to have all the children.
(d) Whether they could become friends.
3. What does Ali tell Esi is the reason he has to go by his office nightly?
(a) He has to sign all the paperwork generated during the day.
(b) He has to check to see that the safe has been properly locked.
(c) He has to check for messages from his son who is in the United States.
(d) He cannot tell her the reason.
4. Who greets Esi at Hotel Twentieth Century?
5. To which relatives does Ali finally talk?
(a) He decides not to talk to any of his relatives.
(b) The ones in Nima.
(c) The most elderly.
(d) The ones he is most sure will be supportive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Esi at the Dakwas?
2. How does Ali feel about his father?
3. What does Ali not want to do while courting Esi?
4. Where did Ali and Fusena go to school together?
5. What does Esi say her mother thinks concerning marrying Ali?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)