|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Opokuya want the car today?
(a) To visit her grandmother.
(b) To go to a meeting in a nearby town.
(c) To shop for school clothes for the children.
(d) To visit Kubi's sister.
2. What is the understanding when Ogyaanowa goes to her grandmother's house?
(a) She will return home when school reopens.
(b) She will live there until her father remarries.
(c) She can return home any time.
(d) She will live there until Esi remarries.
3. Why does Fusena sometimes call Ali at Esi's house?
(a) To ask him to bring home groceries.
(b) To give him a message from his mother.
(c) If he is late getting home.
(d) To ask his advice about their son.
4. What does Oko want?
(a) To take Esi to specialists in France.
(b) For Esi to carry the child to term.
(c) For Esi to give him another chance.
(d) For Esi not to work at all.
5. What does Esi say her mother does not like about Esi and Ali's possible marriage?
(a) Esi being a second wife.
(b) Esi living in a different town from Ali.
(c) Esi keeping her job.
(d) Esi getting pregnant anymore since the first pregnancy almost kills her.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Opokuya and Kubi argue every morning?
2. What does Esi do when she hears Ogyaanowa cry?
3. What does Ali wonder about his ancestors?
4. How does Oko's family feel about Esi?
5. What is one thing Esi's father asks Ali?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)