|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi do that surprises Oko's mother?
(a) Does not let Ogyaanowa see Oko's mother anymore.
(b) Sends her a note apologizing.
(c) Sends her flowers.
(d) Let Ogyaanowa to continue to live with Oko's mother.
2. What happens one day as Ali is pulling away from Esi's house?
(a) He slumps over the wheel.
(b) He hits a bicyclist.
(c) He smashes into Esi's car.
(d) Opokuya pulls in.
3. What does Esi end up doing when the secretary is away?
(a) Typing her own proposals.
(b) Training a substitute.
(c) Calling around for a replacement.
(d) Secretarial work.
4. What does Ali see as a gift from Allah?
(a) Meeting Esi.
(b) His wife and children.
(c) The beautiful weather.
(d) His career.
5. What does Musa's father always do at any new place with Musa Musa?
(a) Finds him a philosophy tutor.
(b) Shows him the land Musa was going to own.
(c) Teaches him how to sell to the new villagers.
(d) Places him in a Koranic school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali's father want Ali to do when meeting Esi's family?
2. What does Esi think about marrying again?
3. What happens on the drive when Opokuya loses use of the car?
4. Why does Opokuya want the car today?
5. Where is Esi driving at the opening of the novel?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)