|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ali give Esi?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) A pair of diamond earrings.
(c) A gold watch.
(d) A gold ring.
2. What does Ali ponder about New Year's Eve?
(a) Which wife he will make love to.
(b) If he should divorce Esi before she gets pregnant.
(c) If he should allow Fusena the divorce she wants.
(d) Whether more than one wife is wise.
3. What did Opokuya decide early on in her marriage?
(a) To let her husband rule the family.
(b) To assume her husband would have affairs and that was okay.
(c) To trust her husband.
(d) To do what she wanted.
4. What does Kweku say when he knocks on Opokuya's bedroom door?
(a) That Kubi is mad that Opokuya is not in the kitchen.
(b) That the beans have burned rather badly.
(c) That Esi and Ogyaanowa are there.
(d) That the potatoes are boiling over.
5. How does Kubi thing Opokuya should get to her clients?
(a) The bus.
(c) The hospital van.
(d) Have the client pick her up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali not want to do while courting Esi?
2. What do Ali and Fusena insist upon before Ali leaves Ghana?
3. What does Ali say when Esi demands to know why he's been gone so long?
4. Why does Opokuya say she is going to visit her mother?
5. What does Esi do when she hears Ogyaanowa cry?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)