|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Against what does Ali advise Esi?
(a) Letting Ogyaanowa go off with Oko right now.
(b) Telling Esi's mother about the incident between Ali and Oko.
(c) Returning home for a few days.
(d) Pressing legal charges against Oko.
2. Where does Opokuya live?
(a) On Wakuna Hill Road.
(b) On Sweet Breezes Hill.
(c) On Sweet Waters Bay.
(d) On Ocean Breeze Hill.
3. When does Esi want to wait to wear Ali's gift?
(a) Till her birthday.
(b) After the actual marriage.
(c) After the negotiations.
(d) Until they to to visit her family.
4. What does Ali not want to do while courting Esi?
(a) Embarrass his family.
(b) Hurt Fusena.
(c) Scare Esi with too much attention.
(d) Let her see his less-than-desirable side.
5. What does Fusena ask Allah after Ali tells her his plans?
(a) To let Fusena die.
(b) What she is supposed to say or do.
(c) To smite Ali.
(d) To make the second wife someone Fusena will like.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kubi?
2. What makes Opokuya and Esi's friendship hard to believe?
3. Why does Esi think her decision about Ogyaanowa suits Esi?
4. What traditional rule has been already broken concerning Ali and Esi according to Opokuya?
5. Why does Ali feel guilty at the beginning of Chapter 15?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)