|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi say about Fusena?
(a) She hasn't even met her.
(b) She is harsh and rigid.
(c) She is unhappy in her marriage and is glad Esi is alleviating some of Ali's sexual energy.
(d) She is kind.
2. Where does Opokuya say she will meet Kubi at 5:30 p.m.?
(a) Her mother's house.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Connie's house.
(d) Hotel Twentieth Century.
3. What does Ali wonder about his ancestors?
(a) If they were happy.
(b) How the men managed multiple wives.
(c) If New Year's Eve meant anything to them.
(d) Why the men wanted multiple wives.
4. What does Ali see as a gift from Allah?
(a) The beautiful weather.
(b) Meeting Esi.
(c) His career.
(d) His wife and children.
5. What makes Opokuya and Esi's friendship hard to believe?
(a) One is Jewish and the other Muslim.
(b) They hated each other when they were children.
(c) One is Muslim and one is Christian.
(d) They are so different from each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi think about marrying again?
2. Why does Ali worry about support from his family for his second marriage?
3. At whom is Esi angry?
4. What does Esi say to Opokuya that makes Opokuya wonder what's wrong with Esi?
5. Who watches Esi dress with pleasure?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)