|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi propose she and Ali do as far as her family?
(a) Ignore their misgivings.
(b) Let them know about the marriage after the fact.
(c) Pretend Esi is not involved with Ali.
(d) Go visit them.
2. Why does Ali worry about support from his family for his second marriage?
(a) They all adore Fusena.
(b) They think Esi is too old to have more children.
(c) They think Esi is too educated.
(d) They believe Esi comes from a much lower social class.
3. What does Esi say about Fusena?
(a) She is kind.
(b) She is unhappy in her marriage and is glad Esi is alleviating some of Ali's sexual energy.
(c) She is harsh and rigid.
(d) She hasn't even met her.
4. Where does Kubi and two nephews go?
(a) To get more potatoes.
(b) To get more beans.
(c) To Esi's home.
(d) To watch t.v. at a neighbor's house.
5. What does Ali say when Esi asks him if he has talked to Fusena about Esi?
(a) That Fusena does not want to share Ali.
(b) That Fusena was happy to be forewarned.
(c) That Fusena wants a divorce.
(d) That Fusena would welcome another wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali give Esi?
2. Why does Opokuya say Esi cannot have it all?
3. What doesn't Esi worry about concerning Ali?
4. Why does Esi think her decision about Ogyaanowa suits Esi?
5. What do Ali and Fusena insist upon before Ali leaves Ghana?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)