|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens soon after Ali is born?
(a) His grandmother dies.
(b) His father is killed.
(c) His mother dies.
(d) His sister dies.
2. What does Ali wonder about his ancestors?
(a) If New Year's Eve meant anything to them.
(b) How the men managed multiple wives.
(c) If they were happy.
(d) Why the men wanted multiple wives.
3. What does Ali give Esi?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) A pair of diamond earrings.
(c) A gold ring.
(d) A gold watch.
4. About what do Opokuya and Kubi argue every morning?
(a) Whether Kubi should take a government job.
(b) Whether Opokuya should give up midwifery.
(c) What trade Kubi will take up.
(d) The use of the car.
5. To what do Ali's relatives agree?
(a) To talk Fusena into the marriage.
(b) Nothing since Ali has not talked to them.
(c) To go to Esi's people.
(d) To stay out of Ali's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ali and Fusena insist upon before Ali leaves Ghana?
2. What does Ali say when Esi asks him if he has talked to Fusena about Esi?
3. What does Esi think about marrying again?
4. For what does the narrator say Ali Kondey is an effective advertisement?
5. What does Esi say to Opokuya that makes Opokuya wonder what's wrong with Esi?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)