|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Ali away from home before he returns?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 22 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. What does Esi realize she has endured when she gets to her office?
(a) Too many years of silence from Oko.
(b) Several pregnancies.
(c) Sexism at work.
(d) Marital rape.
3. What does Fusena ask Allah after Ali tells her his plans?
(a) To make the second wife someone Fusena will like.
(b) What she is supposed to say or do.
(c) To smite Ali.
(d) To let Fusena die.
4. Where does Ali earn a Master's degree?
(d) The United States.
5. What does Fusena start feeling upset in her marriage?
(a) Her husband is getting more education than she.
(b) She has not managed to get pregnant.
(c) She wants to stay home with the kids but has to work.
(d) Her husband has married two more wifes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi's grandmother say about feeling grateful to a man?
2. Where is Ogyaanowa staying until school starts?.
3. What happens two months after negotiations of the Kondeys and Al-Hassans?
4. Why is Ali going to be away from Fusena for a long time?
5. Where is Esi driving at the opening of the novel?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)