|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of orphanage took in Chanel after she was abandoned?
2. In what year was Chanel born?
3. At the time of her birth, what was Chanel's mother's marital status?
4. What was Chanel's father's name?
5. How soon after opening Chanel's shop does WWI begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Etienne Balsan?
2. What does Charles-Roux explain Chanel strove for her whole life to conceal?
3. What sort of environments was Chanel surrounded by as a child?
4. What influenced men's fashion at the time of Chanel's birth?
5. Who was named as the fashion-setters at the end of the 1800s?
6. Emotionally, how important was Chanel's relationship with Arthur "Boy" Capel?
7. Where did Chanel go after leaving the convent?
8. In business terms, how important was Chanel's relationship with Arthur "Boy" Capel?
9. When did Chanel's parents marry, and what did it mean for the family?
10. What brought Chanel back to Paris in 1954?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significant romantic relationships in Chanel's life. Describe the men in her life. How did she feel about them? Why did the relationships end? Why did Chanel never marry? Who did she claim was the one true love in her life? How did these men impact her life?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Chanel's life as a part of the demimonde. What was the demimonde? How did this time in her life impact her career?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Chanel's personality and work ethic. Describe her personality. Describe her work ethic. How might her personality and work ethic have helped her become so successful?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)