|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first of Chanel's relatives to give up day labor?
2. When did Chanel's parents marry?
3. In what year did Chanel's parents marry?
4. In which region of her home country was Chanel born?
5. What was fashion at the time of Chanel's birth said to have made women look?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Chanel's parents marry, and what did it mean for the family?
2. What brought Chanel back to Paris in 1954?
3. Who was named as the fashion-setters at the end of the 1800s?
4. What does Charles-Roux explain Chanel strove for her whole life to conceal?
5. What was the result of Chanel's affair with a German officer?
6. Who was Etienne Balsan?
7. In business terms, how important was Chanel's relationship with Arthur "Boy" Capel?
8. What did Chanel's great-grandfather establish for his family?
9. What influenced men's fashion at the time of Chanel's birth?
10. In Saumer, what influenced women's fashion at the time of Chanel's birth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Overall, how did Chanel's designs impact fashion? What are some of Chanel's enduring designs? How did she change the face of fashion and the wardrobe of women forever?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Chanel's personality and work ethic. Describe her personality. Describe her work ethic. How might her personality and work ethic have helped her become so successful?
Essay Topic 3
How did the historical events that were taking place during Chanel's career affect her work and designs?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)