|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Chanel's parents marry?
2. What is described as one of Chanel's most scandalous affairs?
3. With which of the following dukes did Chanel have a relationship?
4. What was Chanel's father's name?
5. What is said to have shaped the world in which Chanel spent her childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Chanel's father do for a living?
2. What sort of environments was Chanel surrounded by as a child?
3. What had Chanel's family done for generations?
4. How is Chanel's style of working after her return to Paris described?
5. What brought Chanel back to Paris in 1954?
6. What are some pieces of fashionable styles for men named in the Introduction of the book?
7. Who was named as the fashion-setters at the end of the 1800s?
8. What did Chanel's great-grandfather establish for his family?
9. How was Chanel able to achieve success even through World War II?
10. What does Charles-Roux explain Chanel strove for her whole life to conceal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Chanel's self-imposed exile during and after WWII. Why did she go to Switzerland? What occurred in the fashion world while she was living in Switzerland? What spurred her to return to France?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Chanel's life as a part of the demimonde. What was the demimonde? How did this time in her life impact her career?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significant romantic relationships in Chanel's life. Describe the men in her life. How did she feel about them? Why did the relationships end? Why did Chanel never marry? Who did she claim was the one true love in her life? How did these men impact her life?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)