|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area was Chanel's pairing with "Boy" Capel advantageous?
2. What effect did the plagues have on provincial villages?
3. When she was twenty years old, in which town was Chanel offered a job?
4. For generations, what had Chanel's family made a living gathering?
5. After leaving the orphanage, where did Chanel go to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Etienne Balsan?
2. When did Chanel's parents marry, and what did it mean for the family?
3. What had Chanel's family done for generations?
4. In business terms, how important was Chanel's relationship with Arthur "Boy" Capel?
5. What brought Chanel back to Paris in 1954?
6. What caused the decline and collapse of French rural communities in the 1800s?
7. Emotionally, how important was Chanel's relationship with Arthur "Boy" Capel?
8. What made Chanel memorable to the people who met her?
9. What sort of environments was Chanel surrounded by as a child?
10. What influenced men's fashion at the time of Chanel's birth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Chanel as a business woman. How did she choose to run her business? Was she a successful business woman? What are some innovative things she did to improve business? How did her business sense improve overtime?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Chanel's personality and work ethic. Describe her personality. Describe her work ethic. How might her personality and work ethic have helped her become so successful?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the photographs in the book. What impact do they have for the reader? Why were the particular photographs in the book chosen? What do the photographs tell the reader than the words do not?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)