|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupation of Chanel's friend, Caryathis?
(a) A cubist painter.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A fashion designer.
(d) A concert pianist.
2. What did Chanel do for her friend Raymond Radiguet?
(a) Hired him as an assistant designer.
(b) Paid his hospital bills.
(c) Bought him an apartment.
(d) Paid for his daughter's schooling.
3. During Chanel's Russian Period, what did she incorporate into her fashions?
(a) Crochet and macramé.
(b) French lace.
(c) Furs and embroidery.
4. How long did Chanel stay at the novitiate?
(a) One year.
(b) Four years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
5. What variety of artist provided Chanel unexpected exposure?
(a) A fashion illustrator.
(b) An animator.
(c) A charicaturist.
(d) A portrait painter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Boy Capel's attitude described?
2. What did Chanel realize she could do at Biarritz?
3. What fashion staple did Chanel introduce in her black period?
4. What did Chanel introduce to her collections in 1932?
5. What did Chanel believe people looked to her designs for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Chanel used mannequins to promote her work.
2. Explain Chanel's brief involvement with Hollywood.
3. What was different about what Chanel wore to the racetrack?
4. What characterized Chanel's Russian period?
5. How did Chanel benefit from the invasion of France in 1914?
6. Describe Emilienne d'Alecon.
7. How did Chanel earn her nickname, "Coco"?
8. What garment, common today, was conceived by Chanel?
9. What role did Vogue magazine play when Chanel began mass-producing dresses?
10. What decision was Chanel required to make when she turned eighteen?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)