|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mademoiselle Chanel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which item of fashion continued to be flamboyant in spite of WWII?
2. What is said to have shaped the world in which Chanel spent her childhood?
(a) The disruption of family life.
(b) The war.
(c) Her mother's poor mental health.
(d) Abject poverty.
3. While living at the chateau, what did Chanel begin to develop a wardrobe specifically for?
(a) Going to the racetrack.
(b) Riding in an automobile.
(c) Playing tennis.
(d) Going to the beach.
4. How did the press regard Chanel as she gained fame?
(a) With disdain.
(b) With curiosity
(c) With growing respect.
(d) As a fashion "wild child."
5. With whom did Chanel compete for clients in the 1930s?
(a) Elsa Schiaparelli.
(b) Pierre Cardin.
(c) Guy Laroche.
(d) Jacques Doucet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Chanel most rely upon to remain dominant in the world of fashion?
2. After leaving the orphanage, where did Chanel go to live?
3. Who are described as the fashion setters at the end of the 1800s?
4. How is the shop described where Chanel was sent to work?
5. How did Chanel wear her collars which were unlike other women of the time?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)