|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mademoiselle Chanel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chanel live when she was in Paris?
(a) At the Ritz Hotel.
(b) Above her Rue Cambon shop.
(c) In Boy Capel's former apartment.
(d) With her sister, Antoinette.
2. What was the press reaction to Chanel's first line after returning to Paris?
(a) The press was indifferent.
(b) The press was excited.
(c) The press is enthusiastic.
(d) The press was unimpressed.
3. In her work, for what was Chanel said to have had an obsessive attention?
(a) Design detail.
(b) Her reputation in the media.
(c) Never repeating herself.
4. In "Coco, a Kept Woman," which of the following is not described as one of the dominant designers in Paris fashion?
(a) Paul Poiret.
(b) Jeanne Paquin.
(c) Charles Fredrick Worth.
(d) Jacques Doucet.
5. At what age did Chanel leave the orphanage?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the foreword, how is Chanel's work ethic described upon her return to Paris after her exile?
2. Which of the following events was not described as happening when Chanel was born?
3. What effect did the plagues have on provincial villages?
4. At what age did Chanel meet Etienne Balsan?
5. In what season was Chanel born?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)