|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mademoiselle Chanel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chanel's great-grandfather turn his rented property into?
(a) A bistro.
(b) A butcher's shop.
(c) A weavery.
(d) A bakery.
2. In the foreword, how is Chanel's work ethic described upon her return to Paris after her exile?
3. Who was Etienne Balsan?
(a) An architect and painter.
(b) A horse breeder and equestrian.
(c) An investment banker.
(d) A manufacturer of uniforms.
4. What was the press reaction to Chanel's first line after returning to Paris?
(a) The press was unimpressed.
(b) The press is enthusiastic.
(c) The press was excited.
(d) The press was indifferent.
5. What major event occurred in 1914 which affected Chanel's work?
(a) A labor strike prevented the manufacture of fabrics.
(b) A legislative election was held.
(c) The Germans invaded France.
(d) Downtown Paris flooded destroying Chanel's design shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Boy Capel die?
2. What measure did Chanel take when war was declared in France?
3. As stated by Chanel, what were men not meant to do?
4. In what year was a Broadway musical about Chanel produced?
5. How is the shop described where Chanel was sent to work?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)