|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gabrielle Chanel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Chanel different from the other girls at the novitiate?
(a) She dressed differently.
(b) She had no interest in religious life.
(c) She was an orphan.
(d) She did not come from a wealthy family.
2. Who was Adrienne Chanel?
(a) Coco's cousin.
(b) Coco's mother.
(c) Coco's sister.
(d) Coco's aunt.
3. In what year did Chanel return to Paris fashion?
4. Where did Chanel go during her self-imposed exile following her scandalous affair?
5. Who did Chanel describe as a nasal-voiced old clown?
(a) Gabrielle Dorziat.
(b) Sarah Bernhardt.
(c) Pablo Picasso.
(d) Emilienne d'Alecon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of her inexperience in the fashion trade, what characterized Chanel's shop?
2. The aristocrats and upper class of which country were served from Chanel's Biarritz shop?
3. How soon after opening Chanel's shop does WWI begin?
4. What were the first of Chanel's designs to become popular?
5. How did Chanel wear her collars which were unlike other women of the time?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)