|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gabrielle Chanel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the first of Chanel's designs to become popular?
(a) Her hats.
(b) Her dresses.
(c) Her sweaters.
(d) Her jewelry designs.
2. Simply put, for what did Chanel become famous?
(a) Shocking the public.
(b) Being different.
(d) Her love life.
3. At what age did Chanel meet Etienne Balsan?
4. How old was Chanel when her mother died?
(a) Three years old.
(b) Fifteen years old.
(c) Twelve years old.
(d) Eight years old.
5. What did Chanel realize she could do at Biarritz?
(a) Repeat the success she had in Deauville.
(b) Mix anonymously with members of high-society.
(c) Have her family near her while she worked.
(d) Start her career over again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What variety of artist provided Chanel unexpected exposure?
2. In which city was Chanel born?
3. What did Paul Morand write about Chanel and Capel?
4. What is said to have shaped the world in which Chanel spent her childhood?
5. What happened when Chanel's parents marry?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)