|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gabrielle Chanel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Adrienne Chanel wait to marry her lover?
(a) Five years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Twenty years.
2. Who lived nearby to Chanel's millinery shop?
(a) Pierre Reverdy.
(b) George Clemenceau.
(c) Adrienne Chanel.
(d) Boy Capel.
3. To which of her acquaintances did Chanel share a very similar background?
(a) Suzanne Orlandi.
(b) Gabrielle Dorziat.
(c) Etienne Balsan.
(d) Cecil Sorel.
4. At what age did Chanel decide to enter the novitiate?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Twenty years old.
(c) Eighteen years old.
(d) Sixteen years old.
5. What were the first of Chanel's designs to become popular?
(a) Her dresses.
(b) Her hats.
(c) Her sweaters.
(d) Her jewelry designs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the city where Chanel was born, for how long had women's fashion gone unchanged?
2. In the foreword, what is Chanel described as being "to the core"?
3. In what year did Chanel return to Paris fashion?
4. In what year did plagues begin to sweep through provincial villages?
5. Who arranged a job for Chanel at a shop?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)