|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gabrielle Chanel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The aristocrats and upper class of which country were served from Chanel's Biarritz shop?
2. How did Chanel wear her collars which were unlike other women of the time?
(a) As simple folded-down squares.
(b) Decorated with frills and lace.
(c) Chanel purposely never wore collared shirts.
(d) Popped up.
3. Who did Capel have make an elegant version of the simple lines Chanel always wore?
(a) Chanel herself.
(b) One of his mistresses.
(c) An English tailor.
(d) A competing designer.
4. What were the first of Chanel's designs to become popular?
(a) Her dresses.
(b) Her hats.
(c) Her sweaters.
(d) Her jewelry designs.
5. At what age did Chanel decide to enter the novitiate?
(a) Eighteen years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Sixteen years old.
(d) Twenty years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the style of the era when Chanel was born?
2. In the foreword, how is Chanel's work ethic described upon her return to Paris after her exile?
3. After opening the shop in Biarritz, how many people did Chanel have in her employ?
4. What common item of clothing was Chanel credited with developing?
5. How did the press regard Chanel as she gained fame?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)