|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gabrielle Chanel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chanel's nickname, Coco, come from?
(a) From the sound of her laughter.
(b) Her love for chocolate.
(c) Songs she sang in the theatre.
(d) Her tendency to wear brown.
2. In which city was Chanel born?
3. What did Chanel do in order to have her fashions publicized?
(a) Staged shows for magazine editors.
(b) Held in-store parties for her clients.
(c) Dressed her influential friends.
(d) Sent samples to fashion magazines.
4. What was Chanel's role in her theatre performances?
(a) A poseus.
(b) A mime.
(c) A harpist.
(d) A dancer.
5. What were the 10th Chasseurs?
(a) A nickname for the royal family.
(b) A travelling group of performers.
(c) A group of nineteenth century painters and poets.
(d) A regiment of aristocratic gentlemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did plagues begin to sweep through provincial villages?
2. In what season was Chanel born?
3. What garment gave Chanel her first major commercial success?
4. Who did Chanel describe as a nasal-voiced old clown?
5. What property did Chanel's great-grandfather rent?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)