|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gabrielle Chanel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her time at the chateau, to what did Chanel apply her charms and style?
(a) Beginning a career in the theatre.
(b) The art of seduction.
(c) Entering high-society.
(d) Making friends.
2. What were the 10th Chasseurs?
(a) A travelling group of performers.
(b) A regiment of aristocratic gentlemen.
(c) A nickname for the royal family.
(d) A group of nineteenth century painters and poets.
3. In her twenties, in which artistic field did Chanel attempt to find success?
(a) In music.
(b) In painting.
(c) In dance.
(d) In the theatre.
4. For what was Etienne Balsan famous?
(a) His altruism.
(b) His bad investments.
(c) His mistresses.
(d) His abuse of alcohol.
5. What was Chanel's role in her theatre performances?
(a) A mime.
(b) A harpist.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A poseus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city was Chanel born?
2. What did Chanel do for her friend Raymond Radiguet?
3. What was fashion at the time of Chanel's birth said to have made women look?
4. What did Chanel's great-grandfather turn his rented property into?
5. In "Coco, a Kept Woman," which of the following is not described as one of the dominant designers in Paris fashion?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)