|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Coco, a Kept Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which of the following dukes did Chanel have a relationship?
(a) The Duke of Lorraine.
(b) The Duke of Burgundy.
(c) The Duke of Savoy.
(d) The Duke of Westminster.
2. What were the 10th Chasseurs?
(a) A nickname for the royal family.
(b) A travelling group of performers.
(c) A group of nineteenth century painters and poets.
(d) A regiment of aristocratic gentlemen.
3. Where did Balsan allow Chanel to open up a millinery shop?
(a) In his unused apartment.
(b) On Rue Cambon.
(c) On the grounds of his chateau.
(d) In a department store.
4. At what age did Chanel decide to enter the novitiate?
(a) Sixteen years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Twenty years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
5. What brought Chanel back to Paris?
(a) Her competition with Christian Dior.
(b) She missed her friends.
(c) Her company was on the brink of bankruptcy.
(d) She missed her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Adrienne Chanel?
2. At what age did Chanel meet Etienne Balsan?
3. What effect did the plagues have on provincial villages?
4. Who provided Chanel the finances to open her shop?
5. What was Chanel's sudden return to Paris fashion described as?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)