|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Coco, a Kept Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chanel designed costumes for plays at which venue?
(a) Balsan's chateau.
(b) The palace at Versailles.
(c) The Moulin Rouge.
(d) La Rotunde.
2. How old was Chanel when her mother died?
(a) Three years old.
(b) Twelve years old.
(c) Eight years old.
(d) Fifteen years old.
3. Who is said to have ushered Chanel into chateau life?
(a) Boy Capel.
(b) Adrienne Chanel.
(c) Suzanne Orlandi.
(d) Etienne Balsan.
4. What did Chanel's great-grandfather use to rent a property?
(a) His wife's dowry.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) Gambling winnings.
(d) He traded livestock.
5. What hobby did Chanel adopt after meeting Balsan?
(b) Horseback riding.
(d) Dog breeding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Chanel memorable to everyone she met?
2. In the foreword, what is Chanel described as being "to the core"?
3. Which of the following was not described as a popular fashion at the end of the 1800s?
4. Where did Chanel go during her self-imposed exile following her scandalous affair?
5. What is described as one of Chanel's most scandalous affairs?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)