|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did Chanel leave the orphanage?
2. What part of Chanel's life is explored in the book's Introduction?
(a) Her young adulthood.
(b) Her middle age.
(c) Her early childhood.
(d) Her life just before her death.
3. What brought Chanel back to Paris?
(a) She missed her friends.
(b) She missed her family.
(c) Her company was on the brink of bankruptcy.
(d) Her competition with Christian Dior.
4. What effect did the plagues have on provincial villages?
(a) Villages began to collapse.
(b) The plagues had no lasting effect on provincial villages.
(c) Village communities became distrustful of outsiders.
(d) Village populations began to grow.
5. What is said to have shaped the world in which Chanel spent her childhood?
(a) The disruption of family life.
(b) Her mother's poor mental health.
(c) Abject poverty.
(d) The war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not described as an experience of Chanel's childhood?
2. When she was twenty years old, in what kind of establishment was Chanel offered a job?
3. What does biographer Edmonde Charles-Roux say Chanel tried to conceal her entire life?
4. Where did Chanel go during her self-imposed exile following her scandalous affair?
5. What kind of orphanage took in Chanel after she was abandoned?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)