|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chanel's great-grandfather use to rent a property?
(a) He traded livestock.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) Gambling winnings.
(d) His wife's dowry.
2. What is described as one of Chanel's most scandalous affairs?
(a) An affair with a Hollywood star.
(b) An affair with the French Prime Minister.
(c) An affair with a married royal.
(d) An affair with a German officer.
3. What is said to have shaped the world in which Chanel spent her childhood?
(a) The disruption of family life.
(b) Her mother's poor mental health.
(c) Abject poverty.
(d) The war.
4. What was "Boy" Capel's first name?
5. What does biographer Edmonde Charles-Roux say Chanel tried to conceal her entire life?
(a) Her real name.
(b) The circumstances of her birth.
(c) Her religious beliefs.
(d) Her shoe size.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she was twenty years old, in which town was Chanel offered a job?
2. What is described as an important center of style in Chanel's birth city?
3. With which of the following dukes did Chanel have a relationship?
4. What kind of orphanage took in Chanel after she was abandoned?
5. Who provided Chanel the finances to open her shop?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)