|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the foreword, how is Chanel's work ethic described upon her return to Paris after her exile?
2. What was Chanel's sudden return to Paris fashion described as?
(a) An unwelcomed return.
(b) A well-timed homecoming.
(c) A rebirth.
(d) A lightning reappearance.
3. What brought Chanel back to Paris?
(a) Her competition with Christian Dior.
(b) She missed her friends.
(c) Her company was on the brink of bankruptcy.
(d) She missed her family.
4. What does biographer Edmonde Charles-Roux say Chanel tried to conceal her entire life?
(a) The circumstances of her birth.
(b) Her real name.
(c) Her shoe size.
(d) Her religious beliefs.
5. What occupation was Chanel's father?
(a) A traveling peddler.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A tailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the orphanage, where did Chanel go to live?
2. What did Chanel's frequent role as a mistress to married men make her yearn for?
3. What hobby did Chanel adopt after meeting Balsan?
4. With which of the following dukes did Chanel have a relationship?
5. During her time at the chateau, to what did Chanel apply her charms and style?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)