|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which of the following dukes did Chanel have a relationship?
(a) The Duke of Burgundy.
(b) The Duke of Westminster.
(c) The Duke of Lorraine.
(d) The Duke of Savoy.
2. What kind of orphanage took in Chanel after she was abandoned?
(a) A private orphanage.
(b) A city orphanage.
(c) A foreign orphanage.
(d) A provincial orphanage.
3. Who was Etienne Balsan?
(a) A manufacturer of uniforms.
(b) An architect and painter.
(c) A horse breeder and equestrian.
(d) An investment banker.
4. In the foreword, how is Chanel's work ethic described upon her return to Paris after her exile?
5. What did Chanel's frequent role as a mistress to married men make her yearn for?
(a) A man to chose her above all others.
(b) For marriage to be outlawed.
(c) A life on her own.
(d) The good sense to stay away from married men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Chanel feel about the place where she stayed after leaving the orphanage?
2. What does biographer Edmonde Charles-Roux say Chanel tried to conceal her entire life?
3. After leaving the orphanage, where did Chanel go to live?
4. What was Coco Chanel's real first name?
5. At what age did Chanel meet Etienne Balsan?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)