|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chanel's great-grandfather use to rent a property?
(a) An inheritance.
(b) His wife's dowry.
(c) He traded livestock.
(d) Gambling winnings.
2. What is described as an important center of style in Chanel's birth city?
(a) The church.
(b) The racetrack.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) The opera house.
3. What kind of orphanage took in Chanel after she was abandoned?
(a) A private orphanage.
(b) A provincial orphanage.
(c) A city orphanage.
(d) A foreign orphanage.
4. What kind of shop did Chanel open?
(a) A millinery shop.
(b) A hosiery shop.
(c) A dress shop.
(d) A haberdashery.
5. In what year did Chanel return to Paris fashion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What property did Chanel's great-grandfather rent?
2. Where did Chanel go during her self-imposed exile following her scandalous affair?
3. For what was Etienne Balsan famous?
4. At what age did Chanel leave the orphanage?
5. What brought Chanel back to Paris?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)