|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described as one of Chanel's most scandalous affairs?
(a) An affair with a Hollywood star.
(b) An affair with the French Prime Minister.
(c) An affair with a German officer.
(d) An affair with a married royal.
2. What brought Chanel back to Paris?
(a) She missed her friends.
(b) She missed her family.
(c) Her competition with Christian Dior.
(d) Her company was on the brink of bankruptcy.
3. What was fashion at the time of Chanel's birth said to have made women look?
(a) Deformed and crippled.
(b) Like pillowcases.
(c) Like haystacks.
(d) Like decorated cakes.
4. Who provided Chanel the finances to open her shop?
(b) A government grant.
(d) Her grandfather.
5. In her twenties, in which artistic field did Chanel attempt to find success?
(a) In painting.
(b) In the theatre.
(c) In dance.
(d) In music.
Short Answer Questions
1. For generations, what had Chanel's family made a living gathering?
2. In terms of fashion, what was evolving quickly when Chanel was born?
3. In the foreword, what is Chanel described as being "to the core"?
4. When did Chanel's father abandon her?
5. In what year was Chanel born?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)