|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How soon after opening Chanel's shop does WWI begin?
(a) Six months.
(b) A year and a half.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
2. How did Chanel feel about the place where she stayed after leaving the orphanage?
(a) Chanel felt the need to escape.
(b) Chanel felt at home.
(c) Chanel felt unwelcome.
(d) Chanel felt as if she was making a difference.
3. What part of Chanel's life is explored in the book's Introduction?
(a) Her young adulthood.
(b) Her life just before her death.
(c) Her early childhood.
(d) Her middle age.
4. What is said to have shaped the world in which Chanel spent her childhood?
(a) The war.
(b) Abject poverty.
(c) Her mother's poor mental health.
(d) The disruption of family life.
5. What brought Chanel back to Paris?
(a) Her competition with Christian Dior.
(b) She missed her family.
(c) Her company was on the brink of bankruptcy.
(d) She missed her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which village did Chanel's family come?
2. In terms of fashion, what was evolving quickly when Chanel was born?
3. Who was the first of Chanel's family to work as a peddler?
4. In what country was Coco Chanel born?
5. What did Chanel's frequent role as a mistress to married men make her yearn for?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)