|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gabrielle Chanel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The aristocrats and upper class of which country were served from Chanel's Biarritz shop?
2. Who was the first of Chanel's family to work as a peddler?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her great-grandfather.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her grandfather.
3. How did the press regard Chanel as she gained fame?
(a) With curiosity
(b) As a fashion "wild child."
(c) With disdain.
(d) With growing respect.
4. What common item of clothing was Chanel credited with developing?
(a) Knitted sweaters.
(b) The bathing suit.
(c) Women's shorts.
(d) The boater hat.
5. How is Boy Capel's attitude described?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not described as a popular fashion at the end of the 1800s?
2. For which stage production directed by Cocteau did Chanel act as costumer?
3. What is described as an important center of style in Chanel's birth city?
4. In what year did Chanel's parents marry?
5. What fashion staple did Chanel introduce in her black period?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)