|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gabrielle Chanel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Coco, a Kept Woman," which of the following is not described as one of the dominant designers in Paris fashion?
(a) Jeanne Paquin.
(b) Charles Fredrick Worth.
(c) Jacques Doucet.
(d) Paul Poiret.
2. What were the 10th Chasseurs?
(a) A regiment of aristocratic gentlemen.
(b) A nickname for the royal family.
(c) A group of nineteenth century painters and poets.
(d) A travelling group of performers.
3. How is Boy Capel's attitude described?
4. Who was Adrienne Chanel?
(a) Coco's aunt.
(b) Coco's sister.
(c) Coco's mother.
(d) Coco's cousin.
5. Who are described as the fashion setters at the end of the 1800s?
(a) Silent film stars.
(b) Aristocratic ladies and gentlemen.
(c) Bohemian artisans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chanel's nickname, Coco, come from?
2. Who took it upon herself to help Chanel recover from Boy's death?
3. What did Chanel believe people looked to her designs for?
4. Around the time Chanel was trying to break into the theatre, what performances were favored by the nouveau-riche?
5. Who is said to have ushered Chanel into chateau life?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)