|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gabrielle Chanel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chanel's nickname, Coco, come from?
(a) Her love for chocolate.
(b) Songs she sang in the theatre.
(c) Her tendency to wear brown.
(d) From the sound of her laughter.
2. How long did Adrienne Chanel wait to marry her lover?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Thirty years.
3. What major event occurred in 1914 which affected Chanel's work?
(a) A labor strike prevented the manufacture of fabrics.
(b) The Germans invaded France.
(c) A legislative election was held.
(d) Downtown Paris flooded destroying Chanel's design shop.
4. What did Chanel believe people looked to her designs for?
(a) A new modern lifestyle.
(b) The prestige of her name on the label.
(c) Sartorial expression.
5. What was the advantage of men's clothing at the time of Chanel's birth?
(a) Men's clothing allowed freedom of movement.
(b) Men's clothing was less expensive.
(c) Men's clothing was made from long-lasting fabrics.
(d) Men's clothing designs were elegantly simple.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Chanel when her mother died?
2. Who did Chanel describe as a nasal-voiced old clown?
3. In the city where Chanel was born, for how long had women's fashion gone unchanged?
4. What was fashion at the time of Chanel's birth said to have made women look?
5. What was Chanel's father's name?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)