Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coach believe will happen if George's opponent wins the election?
2. Which of the following does not characterize Phil?
3. Where do the men get Tom settled after he falls down the stairs?
4. When did the affair between Phil and Marion begin?
5. Which one of the men goes outside to speak to the coach privately?
Essay Topic 1
Antagonism takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of men in the 1970s when the men in the play are living their adult lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they enjoy that 21st century men do not?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)