|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the men understands feeling rage and hatred?
2. Which of the men say their wife would never have an affair?
3. What memories does Phil continually replay in his head?
4. Phil's actions are motivated by _________________.
5. When his father died, James was left with _________________ and funeral expenses.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON is a classic loyalty and betrayal story. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Regret seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of regret? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Miller's use of humor in the play, especially with Tom's character. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)