|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who advised George to put his child in an institution?
2. George listened to Coach and not _____________ when making the decision about his son.
3. Which one of the men goes outside to speak to the coach privately?
4. What are the men doing as Act 2 begins?
5. What name was George's baby given?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Coach. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON is a classic loyalty and betrayal story. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The search for The American Dream is an important theme in THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)