|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the men goes outside next to talk to Coach?
2. What does Phil think of James' campaign management abilities?
3. Why does Phil say he can't afford to support George?
4. In what industry does George work?
5. George and his wife planned to renew their wedding vows on which anniversary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Miller's use of humor in the play, especially with Tom's character. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of men in the 1970s when the men in the play are living their adult lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they enjoy that 21st century men do not?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)