|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Phil call on a dare?
2. How many affairs does George admit to having?
3. To what does Coach attribute his recovery after surgery?
4. Why does Phil say he can't afford to support George?
5. Why has James traveled to so many cities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miller uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
Essay Topic 3
The search for The American Dream is an important theme in THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)