|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George ask Phil?
2. What does James see as his chance to rise above mediocrity?
3. What has George revealed to Coach while outside?
4. The coach wants to win ________________.
5. What is Coach's advice after hearing of the affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miller uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
Miller is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Inge use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)