|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what industry does George work?
2. Where do the men get Tom settled after he falls down the stairs?
3. What reason does James give for being so exhausted?
4. How does Sharmen react to Phil's campaign contribution offer?
5. What makes George vomit at the end of Act 2?
Essay Topic 1
Miller uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
The search for The American Dream is an important theme in THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON is a classic loyalty and betrayal story. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)