|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coach believe will happen if George's opponent wins the election?
2. Which of the following does not characterize Phil?
3. Where do the men get Tom settled after he falls down the stairs?
4. When did the affair between Phil and Marion begin?
5. Which one of the men goes outside to speak to the coach privately?
Essay Topic 1
Although Martin never appears in the play he is very much a part of the story. What is Martin's impact on the story? Why is his absence so conspicuous? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Martin's character in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Miller uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Coach and the four men in the play. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)