|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the men goes outside to talk to Coach after George returns?
2. Which of the following does not characterize Phil?
3. Why does Coach say he never married?
4. What does George ask Phil?
5. Why does George believe that Phil was able to seduce Marion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Coach. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
The search for The American Dream is an important theme in THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)