|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes George vomit at the end of Act 2?
2. Which one of the men goes outside next to talk to Coach?
3. Where do the men get Tom settled after he falls down the stairs?
4. What name was George's baby given?
5. What does Coach remind Phil of in hopes that Phil will contribute to George's campaign?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2Explain Miller's use of humor in the play, especially with Tom's character. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 3There is much symbolism in this story regarding the championship trophy. What does the trophy symbolize for the men? What does it mean for Coach?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)