|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Coach says he wants to _______________________.
2. Where do the men get Tom settled after he falls down the stairs?
3. James thinks that remarks about Sharmen can be construed as ______________.
4. Which of the men goes outside to talk to Coach after George returns?
5. What does Coach tell one of the men to bring for George?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miller is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Antagonism takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON is a classic loyalty and betrayal story. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)