|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Marion so vulnerable at this time?
2. Which of the following does George not do at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What has Tom spilled on his pants?
4. What phrase does the Coach remind the men of from their high school days?
5. Why does Coach say he never married?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The search for The American Dream is an important theme in THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Coach and the four men in the play. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Miller is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)