|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Coach say he never married?
2. What memories does Phil continually replay in his head?
3. How does Sharmen react to Phil's campaign contribution offer?
4. When did the affair between Phil and Marion begin?
5. George listened to Coach and not _____________ when making the decision about his son.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miller uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of George and Phil. What are their roles within the story? Why is there such animosity between the two? Does their level of success create more competition between them than with any of the other men? Why would Marion be attracted to both of these men and for what reasons?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)