|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. George and his wife planned to renew their wedding vows on which anniversary?
2. What does James see as his chance to rise above mediocrity?
3. Where does George vomit at the end of Act 2?
4. Which of the men falls down the steps?
5. Where do the men get Tom settled after he falls down the stairs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of men in the 1970s when the men in the play are living their adult lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they enjoy that 21st century men do not?
Essay Topic 2
THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON is a classic loyalty and betrayal story. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Coach. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)