|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the men goes outside next to talk to Coach?
2. What does Coach believe will happen if George's opponent wins the election?
3. Phil's actions are motivated by _________________.
4. What is the meaning of George's vomiting in the trophy?
5. What does Coach tell one of the men to bring for George?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Antagonism takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Inge use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)