|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Coach says he wants to _______________________.
2. In what industry does George work?
3. Where does George vomit at the end of Act 2?
4. Phil's actions are motivated by _________________.
5. What does Coach remind Phil of in hopes that Phil will contribute to George's campaign?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Miller's use of humor in the play, especially with Tom's character. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The search for The American Dream is an important theme in THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)