|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes George vomit at the end of Act 2?
2. How many affairs does George admit to having?
3. Why does Coach say he never married?
4. What happens when Phil slaps James?
5. What does James tell George he has lost count of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of men in the 1970s when the men in the play are living their adult lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they enjoy that 21st century men do not?
Essay Topic 2
There is much symbolism in this story regarding the championship trophy. What does the trophy symbolize for the men? What does it mean for Coach?
Essay Topic 3
Antagonism takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)