|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. George and his wife planned to renew their wedding vows on which anniversary?
2. Why does George believe that Phil was able to seduce Marion?
3. The coach wants to win ________________.
4. What has Tom spilled on his pants?
5. Which one of the men goes outside to speak to the coach privately?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miller uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Phil. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Coach and the four men in the play. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)