|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coach tell one of the men to bring for George?
2. When did the affair between Phil and Marion begin?
3. What suggestion does James give that Marion may have had the affair with Phil?
4. Which one of the men understands feeling rage and hatred?
5. What does Coach believe will happen if George's opponent wins the election?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The search for The American Dream is an important theme in THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Miller is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
Regret seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of regret? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)