|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the men is having an affair with George's wife?
2. What do Phil Romano and James Daley bring to the gathering?
3. Which one of the men offers to run for mayor with Phil's support?
4. Tom says that ____________________ doesn't feel right without Martin.
5. What reason does the coach give for an unexpected pain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Coach respond when hearing about the affair between Phil and George's wife?
2. What is the reason for Coach's sudden pain while the men are singing?
3. What is the premise of THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON?
4. How does Act 2 begin?
5. How many of the men have known the truth about the final game for all these years?
6. How does the author show that Coach is a racist?
7. Why is it ironic that Tom serves as the voice of reason in the play?
8. How does Coach try to bolster George's self-esteem regarding the upcoming election?
9. How do Coach and Phil seem to be especially tied to the past?
10. How does Coach respond inappropriately when Tom falls down the steps?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Coach. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Phil. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)