|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James see as his chance to rise above mediocrity?
(b) Starting his own business.
(c) Moving away.
(d) A new job.
2. Why does Phil say he can't afford to support George?
(a) His contract with the state has not been renewed.
(b) He lost a big client.
(c) George's opponent will ruin Phil financially if he wins.
(d) He has a huge tax bill coming due.
3. Why does George believe that Phil was able to seduce Marion?
(a) She was vulnerable.
(b) She was lonely.
(c) She was flattered.
(d) She is sexually insatiable.
4. What is Coach's advice after hearing of the affair?
(a) George should shoot Phil.
(b) George should get a divorce.
(c) Phil should apologize to George.
(d) The men must stick together.
5. Why does Coach ask for more details about the affair?
(a) He is a lecherous old man.
(b) To see who made the first move.
(c) He wants to make Phil feel bad.
(d) He wants to make George feel bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does George not do at the beginning of Act 2?
2. How does the author show that George is emotionally distant?
3. Who advised George to put his child in an institution?
4. What are the men doing as Act 2 begins?
5. How does Sharmen react to Phil's campaign contribution offer?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)