Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author show that George is emotionally distant?
(a) He did not cry about losing his son.
(b) He cannot tell his wife that he loves her.
(c) He refuses to talk about anything other than sports.
(d) He remains with his friends instead of going home to confront his wife.
2. What does Coach tell one of the men to bring for George?
(a) A towel.
(b) Some aspirin.
(d) A drink.
3. How does Sharmen react to Phil's campaign contribution offer?
(a) He says he can only take half of it.
(b) He accepts it immediately.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He is pleased.
4. What does Coach remind Phil of in hopes that Phil will contribute to George's campaign?
(a) His promise to his dying father.
(b) George's opponent's Communist ties.
(c) His investment in the future.
(d) Their long term friendship.
5. What reason does James give for being so exhausted?
(a) He is remodeling his house at night.
(b) He didn't sleep at all last night.
(c) He is training for a marathon.
(d) He has spent his entire life taking care of people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Coach say he never married?
2. What suggestion does James give that Marion may have had the affair with Phil?
3. George finally tells Coach that the real reason he is in distress is ________________________.
4. What is the meaning of George's vomiting in the trophy?
5. The coach wants to win ________________.
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)