|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coach say has always been one of his objectives?
(a) Organize their annual reunions.
(b) Provide good investment advice.
(c) Protect the men from the evils of alcohol and sex.
(d) Be godfather to their children.
2. What name was George's baby given?
(a) No name.
3. What does James threaten to do if he is replaced in the campaign?
(a) Tell everyone about Coach's illegitimate child.
(b) Tell everyone about Phil's affair with Marion.
(c) Charge Phil with assault and battery.
(d) Tell everyone about George's son.
4. How does the author show that George is emotionally distant?
(a) He refuses to talk about anything other than sports.
(b) He remains with his friends instead of going home to confront his wife.
(c) He did not cry about losing his son.
(d) He cannot tell his wife that he loves her.
5. What phrase does the Coach remind the men of from their high school days?
(a) "The early bird gets the worm."
(b) "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."
(c) "Never take less than success."
(d) "Don't shoot till you see the whites of their lies."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does George refer to his son?
2. George finally tells Coach that the real reason he is in distress is ________________________.
3. James thinks that remarks about Sharmen can be construed as ______________.
4. Which one of the men goes outside to speak to the coach privately?
5. What reason does James give for being so exhausted?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)