|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the four men joke about together?
(a) Phil's collection of pornographic films.
(b) James' old car.
(c) The coach's argyle socks.
(d) Tom's bad haircut.
2. Which of the men has doubts that George will win the election?
3. To what does the coach compare this team of men?
(a) A well-oiled machine.
(b) A new car.
(c) A group of panthers.
(d) A fine watch.
4. What does the coach yell out at the men and want them to do when he enters the house?
(a) Bow down.
(b) Take some laps around the room.
(c) Get him a drink.
5. Who will be mad if he arrives and finds Tom drunk?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Scranton's primary industry?
2. What disease does the coach warn the men about because of their age?
3. What is George Sikowski doing in the kitchen?
4. What reason does the coach give for an unexpected pain?
5. What do the men do to lighten the mood in the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show that Coach has lost patience with George?
2. What role did Coach play in George's decision to institutionalize his special needs child?
3. How do the men reconcile by the end of the play?
4. How does it begin to become clear that Coach is not the stalwart figure he thinks he is?
5. What is Phil's opinion of George's chances of winning the election?
6. How many of the men have known the truth about the final game for all these years?
7. What is George's profession and how does it compare to the high school basketball championship?
8. What information has George recently learned that he thinks will harm his opponent's campaign?
9. How do Coach and Phil seem to be especially tied to the past?
10. What does Coach reveal about his past that sheds light on his anti-Semitic views?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)