|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom says that ____________________ doesn't feel right without Martin.
(a) Tossing the basketball.
(b) Playing cards.
(c) Going down Memory Lane.
(d) Scheduling a reunion.
2. To what does the coach compare this team of men?
(a) A fine watch.
(b) A well-oiled machine.
(c) A group of panthers.
(d) A new car.
3. What is the heritage of most of the people in Scranton?
4. Who will be mad if he arrives and finds Tom drunk?
5. What is Tom Daley doing in the living room?
(a) Petting the dog.
(b) Smoking a cigar.
(c) Pouring a drink.
(d) Examining the guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. George is proud of the recent opening of _________________.
2. What is the setting for Act 1?
3. What type of business does Phil have that George's political opponent has tried to ruin?
4. Who threatens to kill Phil?
5. What anniversary of a state basketball championship are the men gathered to commemorate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show that Coach has lost patience with George?
2. What does Phil state as his main reason for his unwillingness to back George in the election?
3. What theory does James have for why George's wife may have started an affair with Phil?
4. How do the men react to Coach in spite of his candor about their failures?
5. How does George learn that Phil is having an affair with his wife?
6. How is George's emotional unavailability become evident as Act 2 progresses?
7. What is the nature of Coach's illness as discussed by George and Tom?
8. How does Act 2 begin?
9. How do the men show that their relationships with others are based primarily in obligation, not love?
10. Which one of the men shows some sensitivity about Sharmen's religious beliefs?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)