|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George is about to launch a re-election campaign against someone of what religious affiliation?
2. In what state is the high school where the men win the championship?
(b) West Virginia.
3. To what does the coach compare this team of men?
(a) A group of panthers.
(b) A fine watch.
(c) A new car.
(d) A well-oiled machine.
4. What is Tom Daley doing in the living room?
(a) Examining the guns.
(b) Smoking a cigar.
(c) Petting the dog.
(d) Pouring a drink.
5. At whose home does Act 1 take place?
(a) The lawyer.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The coach.
(d) The minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an issue in George's bid for re-election?
2. What does George speculate that the coach is doing and making him run late tonight?
3. In what year does the story take place?
4. What does the coach recall about the last game the men played together?
5. George asks Tom if Tom has a ______________ problem.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the strength of the bond between the men as the play ends?
2. What is the role of the men's friend, Phil, in George's political career?
3. How does the author show that Coach has lost patience with George?
4. How does the author show that Coach is a racist?
5. How does Phil's affair with George's wife become known?
6. How do the men reconcile by the end of the play?
7. How does Coach try to encourage the men to stay together in spite of personal issues and problems?
8. What is Tom able to verbalize to the Coach that the others cannot?
9. Which one of the men shows some sensitivity about Sharmen's religious beliefs?
10. How does James' interest in running for mayor come up in conversation?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)