|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an issue in George's bid for re-election?
(a) Property tax increase.
(b) High unemployment.
(c) Community parks and recreation department.
(d) Closure of the ammunition plant.
2. What does the coach recall about the last game the men played together?
(a) The roar of the crowd.
(b) The final ten seconds.
(c) The injury to Phil's ankle.
(d) The losing coach's name.
3. At whose home does Act 1 take place?
(a) The minister.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The lawyer.
(d) The coach.
4. Tom says that ____________________ doesn't feel right without Martin.
(a) Playing cards.
(b) Tossing the basketball.
(c) Scheduling a reunion.
(d) Going down Memory Lane.
5. What does the coach say will help ease his pain?
(a) An antacid.
(b) An aspirin.
(c) A special girdle.
(d) Migraine pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom Daley doing in the living room?
2. What do the men do to lighten the mood in the room?
3. Which of the following is not seen in the room?
4. Which of the men has doubts that George will win the election?
5. How many losing seasons did the team of men have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is George's profession and how does it compare to the high school basketball championship?
2. Who are the first two characters to be introduced in the play?
3. How does Act 2 begin?
4. What metaphor does Coach use for the men of the winning championship team?
5. What is the strength of the bond between the men as the play ends?
6. How does the author show that Coach has lost patience with George?
7. How does the author show that Coach is a racist?
8. What is George's position on accepting help from Phil after learning about the affair and what advice does Coach give George on the subject?
9. What are the men able to remember as the Coach recalls the final ten seconds of the championship game?
10. How does the author show that Coach is bitter about what has happened in his life since the championship season?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)