|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money has Phil offered for George's re-election campaign?
2. George is proud of the recent opening of _________________.
(a) An ice arena.
(b) A new zoo.
(c) A water park.
(d) A movie theater.
3. Which of the following political figures is not shown in a photo in the room?
(a) Joseph McCarthy.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) Teddy Roosevelt.
4. Why does James say he hasn't been sleeping well lately?
(a) He is going through a divorce.
(b) He had his teeth removed and uses dentures.
(c) He has noisy neighbors.
(d) He has some money problems.
5. Phil's name is the caption underneath a picture of what animal in the school newspaper?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will be mad if he arrives and finds Tom drunk?
2. Who threatens to kill Phil?
3. What does the coach say will help ease his pain?
4. What sport does Phil coach?
5. Who suggests that Phil let his own son get more playing time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which one of the men shows some sensitivity about Sharmen's religious beliefs?
2. How does it begin to become clear that Coach is not the stalwart figure he thinks he is?
3. How do the men react to Coach in spite of his candor about their failures?
4. Describe the setting for Act 1.
5. What is the premise of THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON?
6. How does Phil learn Sharmen's real feelings about him?
7. How do the men show that their relationships with others are based primarily in obligation, not love?
8. How does the author use Tom's character as a humorous release from the tense situation in the room?
9. What is the strength of the bond between the men as the play ends?
10. How does Coach try to encourage the men to stay together in spite of personal issues and problems?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)