|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whose home does Act 1 take place?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The lawyer.
(c) The minister.
(d) The coach.
2. What reason does the coach give for an unexpected pain?
(a) He has a migraine.
(b) His surgical incision is still healing.
(c) He is having digestive problems.
(d) He is having a heart attack.
3. Which one of the men is having an affair with George's wife?
4. What is the information learned about George's political opponent?
(a) She is having an affair.
(b) He was a slumlord.
(c) She had an abortion.
(d) He was a Communist.
5. What job does George have in the town?
(b) City attorney.
(c) Football coach.
(d) Police chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the coach say will help ease his pain?
2. Why does James say he hasn't been sleeping well lately?
3. Which of the following political figures is not shown in a photo in the room?
4. What disease does the coach warn the men about because of their age?
5. Why does James say that Phil does not support George's re-election?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Coach try to encourage the men to stay together in spite of personal issues and problems?
2. Which one of the men shows some sensitivity about Sharmen's religious beliefs?
3. How does Coach respond inappropriately when Tom falls down the steps?
4. How does Act 2 begin?
5. Describe the setting for Act 1.
6. Why does James feel a political career would be a positive thing for him at this point in his life?
7. How does Coach respond when Tom suggests the possibility that the championship was a myth?
8. How have the men betrayed themselves by betraying each other?
9. What metaphor does Coach use for the men of the winning championship team?
10. What is the symbolism of George's vomiting in the championship trophy?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)