|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person had been on the team but no one has heard from for 20 years?
2. Who suggests that Phil let his own son get more playing time?
3. To what does the coach compare this team of men?
(a) A well-oiled machine.
(b) A new car.
(c) A fine watch.
(d) A group of panthers.
4. Which of the following is not an issue in George's bid for re-election?
(a) Property tax increase.
(b) High unemployment.
(c) Community parks and recreation department.
(d) Closure of the ammunition plant.
5. George asks Tom if Tom has a ______________ problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is George Sikowski doing in the kitchen?
2. George is about to launch a re-election campaign against someone of what religious affiliation?
3. Which one of the men is having an affair with George's wife?
4. What job does George have in the town?
5. What brand of beer do the men drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does James feel a political career would be a positive thing for him at this point in his life?
2. What does Phil state as his main reason for his unwillingness to back George in the election?
3. What is the symbolism of George's vomiting in the championship trophy?
4. How do Coach and Phil seem to be especially tied to the past?
5. What is the strength of the bond between the men as the play ends?
6. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding George and a gun?
7. How does Coach try to encourage the men to stay together in spite of personal issues and problems?
8. What is the nature of Coach's illness as discussed by George and Tom?
9. What is George's profession and how does it compare to the high school basketball championship?
10. How does it begin to become clear that Coach is not the stalwart figure he thinks he is?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)