|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Phil Romano and James Daley bring to the gathering?
(a) Barbecue and beer.
(b) Chinese take out.
(c) Pizza and beer.
(d) Fried chicken and beer.
2. Which corporation has promised George's opponent that it will bring new jobs to the town?
3. Which of the following is not seen in the room?
4. What job does George have in the town?
(a) City attorney.
(b) Football coach.
(d) Police chief.
5. The coach tells the men that they must ________________ in times of danger and dissension.
(a) Stick together.
(b) Protect their families.
(c) Keep a low profile.
(d) Be armed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who threatens to kill Phil?
2. Who is George's wife?
3. In what year do the men win the high school championship?
4. George is proud of the recent opening of _________________.
5. Tom tells George that he saw a woman that they __________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Martin and how is he remembered by the men?
2. What is the premise of THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON?
3. What role did Coach play in George's decision to institutionalize his special needs child?
4. What metaphor does Coach use for the men of the winning championship team?
5. What is the strength of the bond between the men as the play ends?
6. What is Phil's opinion of George's chances of winning the election?
7. What is Tom able to verbalize to the Coach that the others cannot?
8. What city does the play take place in and how does its decline mirror the lives of the men of the championship team?
9. What does Phil state as his main reason for his unwillingness to back George in the election?
10. How does Phil's affair with George's wife become known?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)