|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the prominent religion in the city of Scranton?
2. With what weapon does George threaten to kill Phil?
(a) Fireplace poker.
3. Who is George's wife?
(b) Mary Anne.
4. To what does the coach compare this team of men?
(a) A new car.
(b) A well-oiled machine.
(c) A group of panthers.
(d) A fine watch.
5. Which of the men has doubts that George will win the election?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 1?
2. What reason does the coach give for an unexpected pain?
3. Who threatens to kill Phil?
4. Which one of the men offers to run for mayor with Phil's support?
5. What type of business does Phil have that George's political opponent has tried to ruin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason for Coach's sudden pain while the men are singing?
2. What is George's position on accepting help from Phil after learning about the affair and what advice does Coach give George on the subject?
3. Why does James feel a political career would be a positive thing for him at this point in his life?
4. How does Phil learn Sharmen's real feelings about him?
5. What is the irony of Coach's persona of always playing by the rules?
6. What is the symbolism of George's vomiting in the championship trophy?
7. How does it begin to become clear that Coach is not the stalwart figure he thinks he is?
8. How have the men's lives paralleled the fate of Scranton?
9. How does the author show that Coach is bitter about what has happened in his life since the championship season?
10. How does Coach respond inappropriately when Tom falls down the steps?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)