|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will be mad if he arrives and finds Tom drunk?
2. Why does James say that Phil does not support George's re-election?
(a) He is moving out of town.
(b) Phil is having an affair with George's wife.
(c) He does not have the money this year.
(d) He does not support his beliefs anymore.
3. How much money has Phil offered for George's re-election campaign?
4. In what year does the story take place?
5. At whose home does Act 1 take place?
(a) The coach.
(b) The lawyer.
(c) The minister.
(d) The mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what weapon does George threaten to kill Phil?
2. What anniversary of a state basketball championship are the men gathered to commemorate?
3. Tom says that ____________________ doesn't feel right without Martin.
4. What disease does the coach warn the men about because of their age?
5. How many losing seasons did the team of men have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Martin and how is he remembered by the men?
2. How does the play end?
3. How do the men show that their relationships with others are based primarily in obligation, not love?
4. Who are the first two characters to be introduced in the play?
5. What is Tom able to verbalize to the Coach that the others cannot?
6. How does Coach try to bolster George's self-esteem regarding the upcoming election?
7. What city does the play take place in and how does its decline mirror the lives of the men of the championship team?
8. Why does James feel a political career would be a positive thing for him at this point in his life?
9. How does James' interest in running for mayor come up in conversation?
10. How does Coach try to encourage the men to stay together in spite of personal issues and problems?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)