|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will be mad if he arrives and finds Tom drunk?
2. Who is George's wife?
(a) Mary Anne.
3. Who does the coach think would be a great asset as a speech writer for George's campaign?
4. What job does George have in the town?
(b) Football coach.
(c) City attorney.
(d) Police chief.
5. How many losing seasons did the team of men have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the information learned about George's political opponent?
2. Tom has missed how many of the team reunions?
3. What disease does the coach warn the men about because of their age?
4. Which of the men has doubts that George will win the election?
5. What do Phil Romano and James Daley bring to the gathering?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which one of the men shows some sensitivity about Sharmen's religious beliefs?
2. Which character seems to be the only one with a voice of reason in the play?
3. What theory does James have for why George's wife may have started an affair with Phil?
4. How does the author use Tom's character as a humorous release from the tense situation in the room?
5. How does the author show that Coach is bitter about what has happened in his life since the championship season?
6. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding George and a gun?
7. Describe the setting for Act 1.
8. How does the author show that Coach is a racist?
9. What secret does Tom reveal that he had learned from Martin regarding the championship game?
10. What does Phil state as his main reason for his unwillingness to back George in the election?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)