|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the coach say will help ease his pain?
(a) An antacid.
(b) Migraine pills.
(c) A special girdle.
(d) An aspirin.
2. What brand of beer do the men drink?
(a) Miller Lite.
(c) Old Milwaukee.
3. How much money has Phil offered for George's re-election campaign?
4. The coach tells the men that they must ________________ in times of danger and dissension.
(a) Keep a low profile.
(b) Protect their families.
(c) Stick together.
(d) Be armed.
5. Which of the following is something that is not a passionate topic in Scranton?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is the high school where the men win the championship?
2. Tom tells George that he saw a woman that they __________________________.
3. At whose home does Act 1 take place?
4. What was Scranton's primary industry?
5. George is about to launch a re-election campaign against someone of what religious affiliation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason for Coach's sudden pain while the men are singing?
2. Why is it ironic that Tom serves as the voice of reason in the play?
3. What is George's profession and how does it compare to the high school basketball championship?
4. How does Coach try to encourage the men to stay together in spite of personal issues and problems?
5. What information has George recently learned that he thinks will harm his opponent's campaign?
6. What does George share with Tom regarding the upcoming re-election campaign?
7. Why does Phil think that people just want him for his money after he witnesses the scene between James and George about politics?
8. What city does the play take place in and how does its decline mirror the lives of the men of the championship team?
9. How does Coach rally the men when he senses that their bickering and differences could escalate out of control?
10. How is George's emotional unavailability become evident as Act 2 progresses?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)