|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the coach say will help ease his pain?
(a) Migraine pills.
(b) An aspirin.
(c) A special girdle.
(d) An antacid.
2. Which of the following is not seen in the room?
3. Why does James say that Phil does not support George's re-election?
(a) He does not support his beliefs anymore.
(b) Phil is having an affair with George's wife.
(c) He is moving out of town.
(d) He does not have the money this year.
4. What type of surgery has the coach recently had?
(d) Gall bladder.
5. Tom has missed how many of the team reunions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who threatens to kill Phil?
2. What anniversary of a state basketball championship are the men gathered to commemorate?
3. Phil's name is the caption underneath a picture of what animal in the school newspaper?
4. What brand of beer do the men drink?
5. Which of the men has doubts that George will win the election?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is George's position on accepting help from Phil after learning about the affair and what advice does Coach give George on the subject?
2. How does the author show that Coach is bitter about what has happened in his life since the championship season?
3. How does Coach try to encourage the men to stay together in spite of personal issues and problems?
4. What city does the play take place in and how does its decline mirror the lives of the men of the championship team?
5. What is the symbolism of George's vomiting in the championship trophy?
6. What metaphor does Coach use for the men of the winning championship team?
7. Which character seems to be the only one with a voice of reason in the play?
8. What information has George recently learned that he thinks will harm his opponent's campaign?
9. How does Coach respond when Tom suggests the possibility that the championship was a myth?
10. Who are the first two characters to be introduced in the play?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)