|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the room furnished?
(a) Nothing in it.
(b) Minimalist styling.
(c) Old dusty furnishings.
(d) Cottage chic.
2. What disease does the coach warn the men about because of their age?
(d) Heart attack.
3. What is Phil's opinion of a campaign contribution for George?
(a) A bad investment.
(b) An investment in the future.
(c) A minimal risk.
(d) An insurance policy.
4. The coach tells the men that they must ________________ in times of danger and dissension.
(a) Stick together.
(b) Keep a low profile.
(c) Protect their families.
(d) Be armed.
5. Who will be mad if he arrives and finds Tom drunk?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Scranton's primary industry?
2. What does the coach suggest that James needed more of in his diet?
3. What job does George have in the town?
4. George asks Tom if Tom has a ______________ problem.
5. Which one of the men is having an affair with George's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does George share with Tom regarding the upcoming re-election campaign?
2. How does the author show that Coach is a racist?
3. How does the author show that money does not necessarily buy happiness as exhibited by Phil's life?
4. How do the men show that their relationships with others are based primarily in obligation, not love?
5. How have the men's lives paralleled the fate of Scranton?
6. How does James' interest in running for mayor come up in conversation?
7. What is the premise of THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON?
8. How does Act 2 begin?
9. What do the troubled lives of the men serve as a metaphor for?
10. How does Phil learn Sharmen's real feelings about him?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)