|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is something that is not a passionate topic in Scranton?
2. What do Phil Romano and James Daley bring to the gathering?
(a) Fried chicken and beer.
(b) Pizza and beer.
(c) Barbecue and beer.
(d) Chinese take out.
3. What does the coach recall about the last game the men played together?
(a) The final ten seconds.
(b) The roar of the crowd.
(c) The injury to Phil's ankle.
(d) The losing coach's name.
4. How many losing seasons did the team of men have?
5. Tom has missed how many of the team reunions?
Short Answer Questions
1. What brand of beer do the men drink?
2. George has learned some unfavorable information about which one of his opponent's relatives?
3. In what state is the high school where the men win the championship?
4. Phil's name is the caption underneath a picture of what animal in the school newspaper?
5. What do the four men joke about together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting for Act 1.
2. What do the troubled lives of the men serve as a metaphor for?
3. What resentments does James carry about his life?
4. What is George's profession and how does it compare to the high school basketball championship?
5. Who is Martin and how is he remembered by the men?
6. How do the men reconcile by the end of the play?
7. How does the author use Tom's character as a humorous release from the tense situation in the room?
8. What is George's position on accepting help from Phil after learning about the affair and what advice does Coach give George on the subject?
9. What does Coach reveal about his past that sheds light on his anti-Semitic views?
10. Why does James feel a political career would be a positive thing for him at this point in his life?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)