|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is George's wife?
(d) Mary Anne.
2. What is Tom Daley doing in the living room?
(a) Examining the guns.
(b) Pouring a drink.
(c) Smoking a cigar.
(d) Petting the dog.
3. How is the room furnished?
(a) Old dusty furnishings.
(b) Minimalist styling.
(c) Cottage chic.
(d) Nothing in it.
4. Why does James say he hasn't been sleeping well lately?
(a) He has noisy neighbors.
(b) He is going through a divorce.
(c) He had his teeth removed and uses dentures.
(d) He has some money problems.
5. Tom says that ____________________ doesn't feel right without Martin.
(a) Tossing the basketball.
(b) Going down Memory Lane.
(c) Playing cards.
(d) Scheduling a reunion.
Short Answer Questions
1. George has learned some unfavorable information about which one of his opponent's relatives?
2. What is the information learned about George's political opponent?
3. Which corporation has promised George's opponent that it will bring new jobs to the town?
4. What do Phil Romano and James Daley bring to the gathering?
5. Which of the following is not seen in the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men react to Coach in spite of his candor about their failures?
2. What metaphor does Coach use for the men of the winning championship team?
3. How does the author show that Coach is a racist?
4. Why does Phil think that people just want him for his money after he witnesses the scene between James and George about politics?
5. What does Phil state as his main reason for his unwillingness to back George in the election?
6. How does Coach try to bolster George's self-esteem regarding the upcoming election?
7. What theory does James have for why George's wife may have started an affair with Phil?
8. What is the role of the men's friend, Phil, in George's political career?
9. Describe the setting for Act 1.
10. How does Phil learn Sharmen's real feelings about him?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)