Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who threatens to kill Phil?
2. What reason does the coach give for an unexpected pain?
(a) His surgical incision is still healing.
(b) He is having a heart attack.
(c) He has a migraine.
(d) He is having digestive problems.
3. What does the coach suggest that James needed more of in his diet?
(a) Vitamin C.
(c) Vitamin A.
4. Tom has missed how many of the team reunions?
5. What does the coach recall about the last game the men played together?
(a) The final ten seconds.
(b) The losing coach's name.
(c) The roar of the crowd.
(d) The injury to Phil's ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. George is about to launch a re-election campaign against someone of what religious affiliation?
2. The coach tells the men that they must ________________ in times of danger and dissension.
3. What was Scranton's primary industry?
4. Phil's name is the caption underneath a picture of what animal in the school newspaper?
5. What do Phil Romano and James Daley bring to the gathering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information has George recently learned that he thinks will harm his opponent's campaign?
2. How does the author show that Coach is bitter about what has happened in his life since the championship season?
3. How does the play end?
4. What is the symbolism of George's vomiting in the championship trophy?
5. How do Coach and Phil seem to be especially tied to the past?
6. What are the men able to remember as the Coach recalls the final ten seconds of the championship game?
7. How do the men show that their relationships with others are based primarily in obligation, not love?
8. How do the men react to Coach in spite of his candor about their failures?
9. How does Coach respond when Tom challenges him on the championship being a myth?
10. How does the author show that Coach has lost patience with George?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)