|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom says that ____________________ doesn't feel right without Martin.
(a) Going down Memory Lane.
(b) Tossing the basketball.
(c) Scheduling a reunion.
(d) Playing cards.
2. What anniversary of a state basketball championship are the men gathered to commemorate?
3. What is the information learned about George's political opponent?
(a) She is having an affair.
(b) She had an abortion.
(c) He was a slumlord.
(d) He was a Communist.
4. The coach tells the men that they must ________________ in times of danger and dissension.
(a) Stick together.
(b) Protect their families.
(c) Keep a low profile.
(d) Be armed.
5. Who does the coach think would be a great asset as a speech writer for George's campaign?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what sport do the men win a high school championship?
2. How many losing seasons did the team of men have?
3. What is the setting for Act 1?
4. Which of the men has doubts that George will win the election?
5. How is the room furnished?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Coach try to encourage the men to stay together in spite of personal issues and problems?
2. Who is Martin and how is he remembered by the men?
3. What does George do when he learns about Phil's affair with his wife?
4. What is the premise of THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON?
5. What secret does Tom reveal that he had learned from Martin regarding the championship game?
6. Which one of the men shows some sensitivity about Sharmen's religious beliefs?
7. How does Coach try to bolster George's self-esteem regarding the upcoming election?
8. What is the nature of Coach's illness as discussed by George and Tom?
9. Why does Phil think that people just want him for his money after he witnesses the scene between James and George about politics?
10. How do the men react to Coach in spite of his candor about their failures?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)