|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brand of beer do the men drink?
(a) Old Milwaukee.
(c) Miller Lite.
2. To what does the coach compare this team of men?
(a) A well-oiled machine.
(b) A fine watch.
(c) A new car.
(d) A group of panthers.
3. The coach tells the men that they must ________________ in times of danger and dissension.
(a) Keep a low profile.
(b) Stick together.
(c) Be armed.
(d) Protect their families.
4. What is Tom Daley doing in the living room?
(a) Pouring a drink.
(b) Smoking a cigar.
(c) Examining the guns.
(d) Petting the dog.
5. In what year does the story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is George's wife?
2. In what sport do the men win a high school championship?
3. What is Phil's opinion of a campaign contribution for George?
4. Which person had been on the team but no one has heard from for 20 years?
5. What is George Sikowski doing in the kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Coach respond inappropriately when Tom falls down the steps?
2. Who is Martin and how is he remembered by the men?
3. What is the strength of the bond between the men as the play ends?
4. Describe the setting for Act 1.
5. How does it begin to become clear that Coach is not the stalwart figure he thinks he is?
6. What city does the play take place in and how does its decline mirror the lives of the men of the championship team?
7. What is George's profession and how does it compare to the high school basketball championship?
8. What are the men able to remember as the Coach recalls the final ten seconds of the championship game?
9. How does Coach respond when Tom challenges him on the championship being a myth?
10. What information has George recently learned that he thinks will harm his opponent's campaign?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)