|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tom intend to appoint as Superintendent of Schools?
2. What is the setting for Act 1?
(a) A den.
(b) A back porch.
(c) A gym.
(d) A living room.
3. How much money has Phil offered for George's re-election campaign?
4. What is Tom Daley doing in the living room?
(a) Petting the dog.
(b) Pouring a drink.
(c) Examining the guns.
(d) Smoking a cigar.
5. What does the coach yell out at the men and want them to do when he enters the house?
(b) Bow down.
(c) Take some laps around the room.
(d) Get him a drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is the high school where the men win the championship?
2. What does George speculate that the coach is doing and making him run late tonight?
3. Why does James say he hasn't been sleeping well lately?
4. Who suggests that Phil let his own son get more playing time?
5. George is proud of the recent opening of _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Coach try to bolster George's self-esteem regarding the upcoming election?
2. What is the symbolism of George's vomiting in the championship trophy?
3. How do Coach and Phil seem to be especially tied to the past?
4. What is the strength of the bond between the men as the play ends?
5. How does it begin to become clear that Coach is not the stalwart figure he thinks he is?
6. What is the premise of THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON?
7. What city does the play take place in and how does its decline mirror the lives of the men of the championship team?
8. How have the men betrayed themselves by betraying each other?
9. Which character seems to be the only one with a voice of reason in the play?
10. What does George do when he learns about Phil's affair with his wife?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)