|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The coach tells the men that they must ________________ in times of danger and dissension.
(a) Keep a low profile.
(b) Stick together.
(c) Protect their families.
(d) Be armed.
2. With what weapon does George threaten to kill Phil?
(c) Fireplace poker.
3. Which person had been on the team but no one has heard from for 20 years?
4. What brand of beer do the men drink?
(a) Old Milwaukee.
(c) Miller Lite.
5. What type of business does Phil have that George's political opponent has tried to ruin?
(a) Dog racing.
(b) Strip clubs.
(d) Strip mining.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Phil coach?
2. Tom has missed how many of the team reunions?
3. What is George Sikowski doing in the kitchen?
4. What reason does the coach give for an unexpected pain?
5. Which corporation has promised George's opponent that it will bring new jobs to the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have the men betrayed themselves by betraying each other?
2. How do Coach and Phil seem to be especially tied to the past?
3. How does Act 2 begin?
4. How does the author use Tom's character as a humorous release from the tense situation in the room?
5. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding George and a gun?
6. Who is Martin and how is he remembered by the men?
7. Why does James feel a political career would be a positive thing for him at this point in his life?
8. How does Coach try to encourage the men to stay together in spite of personal issues and problems?
9. What does George share with Tom regarding the upcoming re-election campaign?
10. What does Phil state as his main reason for his unwillingness to back George in the election?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)