|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what sport do the men win a high school championship?
2. At whose home does Act 1 take place?
(a) The coach.
(b) The minister.
(c) The lawyer.
(d) The mayor.
3. George asks Tom if Tom has a ______________ problem.
4. In what year does the story take place?
5. What was Scranton's primary industry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the coach think would be a great asset as a speech writer for George's campaign?
2. What is the information learned about George's political opponent?
3. Who does Tom intend to appoint as Superintendent of Schools?
4. What do the men do to lighten the mood in the room?
5. Which of the following political figures is not shown in a photo in the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James' interest in running for mayor come up in conversation?
2. How does the author show that Coach is a racist?
3. Who are the first two characters to be introduced in the play?
4. How does it begin to become clear that Coach is not the stalwart figure he thinks he is?
5. What is the irony of Coach's persona of always playing by the rules?
6. How does the author show that money does not necessarily buy happiness as exhibited by Phil's life?
7. How does Phil's affair with George's wife become known?
8. What is the role of the men's friend, Phil, in George's political career?
9. Describe the setting for Act 1.
10. What is the strength of the bond between the men as the play ends?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)