|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does George not do at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Gives up the gun.
(b) Crush beer cans with his hand.
(c) Begins to cry.
(d) Collapeses on the couch.
2. How does the author show that George is emotionally distant?
(a) He cannot tell his wife that he loves her.
(b) He remains with his friends instead of going home to confront his wife.
(c) He refuses to talk about anything other than sports.
(d) He did not cry about losing his son.
3. What happens when Phil slaps James?
(a) James cries.
(b) James falls down.
(c) James runs out of the house.
(d) James' dentures fall out of his mouth.
4. George and his wife planned to renew their wedding vows on which anniversary?
5. Why has James traveled to so many cities?
(a) To go sightseeing.
(b) To entertain clients.
(c) To help Tom.
(d) To get new accounts.
6. Which one of the men understands feeling rage and hatred?
7. What has Tom spilled on his pants?
8. What memories does Phil continually replay in his head?
(a) The senior prom.
(b) His first car.
(c) Graduation day.
(d) Basketball triumphs.
9. How does Sharmen react to Phil's campaign contribution offer?
(a) He says he can only take half of it.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He accepts it immediately.
(d) He is pleased.
10. What does James tell George he has lost count of?
(a) His wife's parking tickets.
(b) The cities he has traveled to.
(c) His bad business ideas.
(d) His sleepless nights.
11. Where does George vomit at the end of Act 2?
(a) In the driveway.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the team's championship trophy.
(d) On Tom's shoes.
12. What does Phil think of James' campaign management abilities?
(a) He is a pro.
(b) He is an amateur.
(c) He has a lot to learn.
(d) He is exactly what George needs.
13. Coach says he wants to _______________________.
(a) Get married.
(b) Play by the rules.
(c) Travel the world.
14. Which of the men say their wife would never have an affair?
15. What does George tell Coach is George's problem.
(a) It is private.
(b) He has money problems.
(c) His son is ill.
(d) His wife is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of George's vomiting in the trophy?
2. The coach wants to win ________________.
3. How many affairs does George admit to having?
4. Why does George want to change campaign managers?
5. George finally tells Coach that the real reason he is in distress is ________________________.
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)