|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Phil slaps James?
(a) James cries.
(b) James falls down.
(c) James' dentures fall out of his mouth.
(d) James runs out of the house.
2. Who does Phil call on a dare?
3. How many affairs does George admit to having?
4. What is the meaning of George's vomiting in the trophy?
(a) He wanted to make Coach mad.
(b) He could not get to the bathroom.
(c) The team is now soiled.
(d) He should never eat leftover Chinese food.
5. How does George refer to his son?
(a) My mistake.
(d) My boy.
6. When did the affair between Phil and Marion begin?
(a) When George was out of town a couple months ago.
(b) When Phil and Marion served on the hospital board.
(c) When Marion came to Phil's office for a campaign contribution.
(d) When Phil gave Marion a ride home.
7. The coach wants to win ________________.
(a) When he plays poker with the guys.
(b) When he plays golf with his neighbor.
(c) At everything he tries.
(d) At all costs.
8. Which of the men say their wife would never have an affair?
9. What does Phil think of James' campaign management abilities?
(a) He has a lot to learn.
(b) He is an amateur.
(c) He is a pro.
(d) He is exactly what George needs.
10. What is Coach's advice after hearing of the affair?
(a) Phil should apologize to George.
(b) The men must stick together.
(c) George should get a divorce.
(d) George should shoot Phil.
11. George finally tells Coach that the real reason he is in distress is ________________________.
(a) He has been diagnosed with cancer.
(b) He has filed for bankruptcy.
(c) His son has flunked out of college.
(d) Phil is having an affair with his wife.
12. In what industry does George work?
13. Which one of the men goes outside to speak to the coach privately?
14. Phil's actions are motivated by _________________.
15. Which one of the men goes outside next to talk to Coach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the men doing as Act 2 begins?
2. Which of the following does not characterize Phil?
3. Why was George's son institutionalized?
4. Which of the following does George not do at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What does Coach say has always been one of his objectives?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)