|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the affair between Phil and Marion begin?
(a) When George was out of town a couple months ago.
(b) When Phil and Marion served on the hospital board.
(c) When Phil gave Marion a ride home.
(d) When Marion came to Phil's office for a campaign contribution.
2. What is Coach's advice after hearing of the affair?
(a) Phil should apologize to George.
(b) The men must stick together.
(c) George should shoot Phil.
(d) George should get a divorce.
3. What does Phil think of James' campaign management abilities?
(a) He is exactly what George needs.
(b) He is a pro.
(c) He has a lot to learn.
(d) He is an amateur.
4. The coach wants to win ________________.
(a) When he plays poker with the guys.
(b) At all costs.
(c) At everything he tries.
(d) When he plays golf with his neighbor.
5. Which of the following does George not do at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Begins to cry.
(b) Collapeses on the couch.
(c) Crush beer cans with his hand.
(d) Gives up the gun.
6. Coach says he wants to _______________________.
(a) Play by the rules.
(b) Get married.
(c) Travel the world.
7. Who advised George to put his child in an institution?
(a) His mother.
(c) His priest.
(d) His sister.
8. Which of the men say their wife would never have an affair?
9. What name was George's baby given?
(c) No name.
10. What does James say the men should not discuss regarding Sharmen?
(a) His children.
(b) His education.
(c) His religious beliefs.
(d) His wife.
11. Why does George want to change campaign managers?
(a) He doesn't trust James anymore.
(b) He wants a professional.
(c) He needs fresh thinking.
(d) He is taking Coach's advice.
12. Phil's actions are motivated by _________________.
13. James substitutes the phrase "take care of each other" instead of ______________.
14. Why was Marion so vulnerable at this time?
(a) She just lost her job.
(b) She and George had to put their child in an institution.
(c) She never had many friends.
(d) Her father just died.
15. When his father died, James was left with _________________ and funeral expenses.
(a) An old car.
(b) An old dog.
(c) Bad memories.
(d) $6,000 debt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George tell Coach is George's problem.
2. What does Coach remind Phil of in hopes that Phil will contribute to George's campaign?
3. What memories does Phil continually replay in his head?
4. What reason does James give for being so exhausted?
5. George listened to Coach and not _____________ when making the decision about his son.
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)