|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Coach ask for more details about the affair?
(a) He wants to make George feel bad.
(b) To see who made the first move.
(c) He wants to make Phil feel bad.
(d) He is a lecherous old man.
2. What is the setting for Act 2?
(a) Coach's living room.
(b) A basketball court.
(c) A bar.
(d) Coach's kitchen.
3. What does Phil think of James' campaign management abilities?
(a) He is an amateur.
(b) He has a lot to learn.
(c) He is exactly what George needs.
(d) He is a pro.
4. Which of the men goes outside to talk to Coach after George returns?
5. Why does George believe that Phil was able to seduce Marion?
(a) She is sexually insatiable.
(b) She was vulnerable.
(c) She was lonely.
(d) She was flattered.
6. George listened to Coach and not _____________ when making the decision about his son.
(a) His heart.
(b) His priest.
(c) His brother.
(d) His wife.
7. Which one of the men understands feeling rage and hatred?
8. Why does Coach say he never married?
(a) He is gay.
(b) He viewed coaching as his vocation.
(c) He cannot commit.
(d) He never found the right woman.
9. When his father died, James was left with _________________ and funeral expenses.
(a) An old car.
(b) $6,000 debt.
(c) An old dog.
(d) Bad memories.
10. What does Coach believe will happen if George's opponent wins the election?
(a) Unemployment will drop.
(b) The city will be doomed.
(c) People will move away.
(d) Businesses will move into town.
11. Who advised George to put his child in an institution?
(a) His priest.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
12. Why was George's son institutionalized?
(a) He is severely retarded.
(b) He is developmentally disabled.
(c) He is a paraplegic.
(d) He has Down Syndrome.
13. Which of the men say their wife would never have an affair?
14. How does George refer to his son?
(a) My mistake.
(d) My boy.
15. What suggestion does James give that Marion may have had the affair with Phil?
(a) She is trying to make George jealous.
(b) George doesn't love her anymore.
(c) She is lonely.
(d) To secure the campaign funds for George.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes George vomit at the end of Act 2?
2. What is Coach's advice after hearing of the affair?
3. What does George tell Coach is George's problem.
4. What does James threaten to do if he is replaced in the campaign?
5. What does James tell George he has lost count of?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)