|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does George believe that Phil was able to seduce Marion?
(a) She was flattered.
(b) She is sexually insatiable.
(c) She was lonely.
(d) She was vulnerable.
2. What does Coach say has always been one of his objectives?
(a) Organize their annual reunions.
(b) Be godfather to their children.
(c) Protect the men from the evils of alcohol and sex.
(d) Provide good investment advice.
3. Phil's actions are motivated by _________________.
4. Why does Phil say he can't afford to support George?
(a) George's opponent will ruin Phil financially if he wins.
(b) He has a huge tax bill coming due.
(c) His contract with the state has not been renewed.
(d) He lost a big client.
5. How does Sharmen react to Phil's campaign contribution offer?
(a) He is pleased.
(b) He accepts it immediately.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He says he can only take half of it.
6. How many affairs does George admit to having?
7. The coach wants to win ________________.
(a) When he plays poker with the guys.
(b) At all costs.
(c) At everything he tries.
(d) When he plays golf with his neighbor.
8. What does Coach remind Phil of in hopes that Phil will contribute to George's campaign?
(a) His investment in the future.
(b) His promise to his dying father.
(c) George's opponent's Communist ties.
(d) Their long term friendship.
9. Which of the men say their wife would never have an affair?
10. Why does George want to change campaign managers?
(a) He wants a professional.
(b) He is taking Coach's advice.
(c) He needs fresh thinking.
(d) He doesn't trust James anymore.
11. What does James say the men should not discuss regarding Sharmen?
(a) His education.
(b) His wife.
(c) His religious beliefs.
(d) His children.
12. Why does Coach ask for more details about the affair?
(a) He wants to make George feel bad.
(b) He is a lecherous old man.
(c) He wants to make Phil feel bad.
(d) To see who made the first move.
13. When his father died, James was left with _________________ and funeral expenses.
(a) An old dog.
(b) Bad memories.
(c) $6,000 debt.
(d) An old car.
14. What memories does Phil continually replay in his head?
(a) The senior prom.
(b) Graduation day.
(c) Basketball triumphs.
(d) His first car.
15. George finally tells Coach that the real reason he is in distress is ________________________.
(a) His son has flunked out of college.
(b) Phil is having an affair with his wife.
(c) He has filed for bankruptcy.
(d) He has been diagnosed with cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the affair between Phil and Marion begin?
2. Why has James traveled to so many cities?
3. Which of the men falls down the steps?
4. What are the men doing as Act 2 begins?
5. What makes George vomit at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)