|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many affairs does George admit to having?
2. What does Coach tell one of the men to bring for George?
(a) Some aspirin.
(b) A towel.
(c) A drink.
3. What does Coach remind Phil of in hopes that Phil will contribute to George's campaign?
(a) Their long term friendship.
(b) His investment in the future.
(c) George's opponent's Communist ties.
(d) His promise to his dying father.
4. Why has James traveled to so many cities?
(a) To help Tom.
(b) To entertain clients.
(c) To get new accounts.
(d) To go sightseeing.
5. George finally tells Coach that the real reason he is in distress is ________________________.
(a) He has filed for bankruptcy.
(b) Phil is having an affair with his wife.
(c) His son has flunked out of college.
(d) He has been diagnosed with cancer.
6. Who advised George to put his child in an institution?
(a) His priest.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
7. Which of the following does not characterize Phil?
(a) Building a future.
(b) Living in the past.
8. What phrase does the Coach remind the men of from their high school days?
(a) "The early bird gets the worm."
(b) "Never take less than success."
(c) "Don't shoot till you see the whites of their lies."
(d) "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."
9. What reason does James give for being so exhausted?
(a) He didn't sleep at all last night.
(b) He is training for a marathon.
(c) He has spent his entire life taking care of people.
(d) He is remodeling his house at night.
10. What is the setting for Act 2?
(a) A basketball court.
(b) Coach's kitchen.
(c) Coach's living room.
(d) A bar.
11. What does Coach say has always been one of his objectives?
(a) Provide good investment advice.
(b) Organize their annual reunions.
(c) Protect the men from the evils of alcohol and sex.
(d) Be godfather to their children.
12. To what does Coach attribute his recovery after surgery?
(a) Good home health care.
(b) The support of these men.
(c) Good genes.
(d) Great drugs.
13. What does James threaten to do if he is replaced in the campaign?
(a) Charge Phil with assault and battery.
(b) Tell everyone about George's son.
(c) Tell everyone about Phil's affair with Marion.
(d) Tell everyone about Coach's illegitimate child.
14. What name was George's baby given?
(b) No name.
15. Who does Phil call on a dare?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Coach's advice after hearing of the affair?
2. Coach says he wants to _______________________.
3. What does George ask Phil?
4. When his father died, James was left with _________________ and funeral expenses.
5. Phil's actions are motivated by _________________.
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)