|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the men goes outside next to talk to Coach?
2. In what industry does George work?
3. What does James see as his chance to rise above mediocrity?
(b) Moving away.
(c) Starting his own business.
(d) A new job.
4. What does Coach tell one of the men to bring for George?
(a) A drink.
(b) Some aspirin.
(c) A towel.
5. When his father died, James was left with _________________ and funeral expenses.
(a) $6,000 debt.
(b) Bad memories.
(c) An old car.
(d) An old dog.
6. What is the setting for Act 2?
(a) A basketball court.
(b) Coach's kitchen.
(c) A bar.
(d) Coach's living room.
7. How does Sharmen react to Phil's campaign contribution offer?
(a) He says he can only take half of it.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He is pleased.
(d) He accepts it immediately.
8. Why does Phil say he can't afford to support George?
(a) He lost a big client.
(b) His contract with the state has not been renewed.
(c) He has a huge tax bill coming due.
(d) George's opponent will ruin Phil financially if he wins.
9. Which of the men falls down the steps?
10. George and his wife planned to renew their wedding vows on which anniversary?
11. What makes George vomit at the end of Act 2?
(a) He has the stomach flu.
(b) He has had too much beer.
(c) He ate some bad Chinese food.
(d) Phil tells him that James wants to be mayor.
12. James substitutes the phrase "take care of each other" instead of ______________.
13. What memories does Phil continually replay in his head?
(a) Basketball triumphs.
(b) His first car.
(c) The senior prom.
(d) Graduation day.
14. What does James tell George he has lost count of?
(a) His sleepless nights.
(b) His wife's parking tickets.
(c) The cities he has traveled to.
(d) His bad business ideas.
15. What has George revealed to Coach while outside?
(a) He wants a divorce from Marion.
(b) He wants to move to Florida.
(c) He is gay.
(d) He wants to replace James as campaign manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of George's vomiting in the trophy?
2. When did the affair between Phil and Marion begin?
3. George listened to Coach and not _____________ when making the decision about his son.
4. Why was Marion so vulnerable at this time?
5. How does the author show that George is emotionally distant?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)