|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the affair between Phil and Marion begin?
(a) When Phil gave Marion a ride home.
(b) When George was out of town a couple months ago.
(c) When Phil and Marion served on the hospital board.
(d) When Marion came to Phil's office for a campaign contribution.
2. Why does Phil say he can't afford to support George?
(a) George's opponent will ruin Phil financially if he wins.
(b) He lost a big client.
(c) He has a huge tax bill coming due.
(d) His contract with the state has not been renewed.
3. Phil's actions are motivated by _________________.
4. How does George refer to his son?
(b) My mistake.
(d) My boy.
5. Why does George believe that Phil was able to seduce Marion?
(a) She was lonely.
(b) She is sexually insatiable.
(c) She was flattered.
(d) She was vulnerable.
6. James substitutes the phrase "take care of each other" instead of ______________.
7. What makes George vomit at the end of Act 2?
(a) He has had too much beer.
(b) He has the stomach flu.
(c) He ate some bad Chinese food.
(d) Phil tells him that James wants to be mayor.
8. Which of the men say their wife would never have an affair?
9. What phrase does the Coach remind the men of from their high school days?
(a) "The early bird gets the worm."
(b) "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."
(c) "Never take less than success."
(d) "Don't shoot till you see the whites of their lies."
10. What is the setting for Act 2?
(a) A basketball court.
(b) Coach's living room.
(c) A bar.
(d) Coach's kitchen.
11. Where does George vomit at the end of Act 2?
(a) On Tom's shoes.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the driveway.
(d) In the team's championship trophy.
12. Why does George want to change campaign managers?
(a) He is taking Coach's advice.
(b) He wants a professional.
(c) He doesn't trust James anymore.
(d) He needs fresh thinking.
13. Who advised George to put his child in an institution?
(a) His sister.
(c) His priest.
(d) His mother.
14. What does George tell Coach is George's problem.
(a) His son is ill.
(b) It is private.
(c) He has money problems.
(d) His wife is ill.
15. Which one of the men understands feeling rage and hatred?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Tom spilled on his pants?
2. Which one of the men goes outside next to talk to Coach?
3. How does Sharmen react to Phil's campaign contribution offer?
4. Which of the following does George not do at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What does Coach remind Phil of in hopes that Phil will contribute to George's campaign?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)