|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coach believe will happen if George's opponent wins the election?
(a) Unemployment will drop.
(b) Businesses will move into town.
(c) The city will be doomed.
(d) People will move away.
2. When did the affair between Phil and Marion begin?
(a) When Phil gave Marion a ride home.
(b) When George was out of town a couple months ago.
(c) When Marion came to Phil's office for a campaign contribution.
(d) When Phil and Marion served on the hospital board.
3. Which of the following does George not do at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Crush beer cans with his hand.
(b) Begins to cry.
(c) Collapeses on the couch.
(d) Gives up the gun.
4. Why was George's son institutionalized?
(a) He has Down Syndrome.
(b) He is a paraplegic.
(c) He is severely retarded.
(d) He is developmentally disabled.
5. What is Coach's advice after hearing of the affair?
(a) George should get a divorce.
(b) Phil should apologize to George.
(c) George should shoot Phil.
(d) The men must stick together.
6. What has Tom spilled on his pants?
7. James substitutes the phrase "take care of each other" instead of ______________.
8. What does George tell Coach is George's problem.
(a) His wife is ill.
(b) His son is ill.
(c) It is private.
(d) He has money problems.
9. To what does Coach attribute his recovery after surgery?
(a) Good home health care.
(b) Good genes.
(c) The support of these men.
(d) Great drugs.
10. What makes George vomit at the end of Act 2?
(a) He has had too much beer.
(b) He ate some bad Chinese food.
(c) Phil tells him that James wants to be mayor.
(d) He has the stomach flu.
11. How does the author show that George is emotionally distant?
(a) He did not cry about losing his son.
(b) He refuses to talk about anything other than sports.
(c) He remains with his friends instead of going home to confront his wife.
(d) He cannot tell his wife that he loves her.
12. In what industry does George work?
13. What does James tell George he has lost count of?
(a) His bad business ideas.
(b) His sleepless nights.
(c) The cities he has traveled to.
(d) His wife's parking tickets.
14. Which of the men say their wife would never have an affair?
15. What phrase does the Coach remind the men of from their high school days?
(a) "The early bird gets the worm."
(b) "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."
(c) "Never take less than success."
(d) "Don't shoot till you see the whites of their lies."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the men get Tom settled after he falls down the stairs?
2. What reason does James give for being so exhausted?
3. How does Sharmen react to Phil's campaign contribution offer?
4. What does Coach say has always been one of his objectives?
5. What does George ask Phil?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)