|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was George's son institutionalized?
(a) He is developmentally disabled.
(b) He is severely retarded.
(c) He is a paraplegic.
(d) He has Down Syndrome.
2. How does the author show that George is emotionally distant?
(a) He cannot tell his wife that he loves her.
(b) He did not cry about losing his son.
(c) He remains with his friends instead of going home to confront his wife.
(d) He refuses to talk about anything other than sports.
3. What does Coach say has always been one of his objectives?
(a) Be godfather to their children.
(b) Organize their annual reunions.
(c) Protect the men from the evils of alcohol and sex.
(d) Provide good investment advice.
4. Who does Phil call on a dare?
5. What does Coach tell one of the men to bring for George?
(b) A drink.
(c) Some aspirin.
(d) A towel.
6. What does James tell George he has lost count of?
(a) His sleepless nights.
(b) His bad business ideas.
(c) His wife's parking tickets.
(d) The cities he has traveled to.
7. What makes George vomit at the end of Act 2?
(a) He ate some bad Chinese food.
(b) Phil tells him that James wants to be mayor.
(c) He has the stomach flu.
(d) He has had too much beer.
8. What does James say the men should not discuss regarding Sharmen?
(a) His wife.
(b) His religious beliefs.
(c) His children.
(d) His education.
9. What suggestion does James give that Marion may have had the affair with Phil?
(a) She is lonely.
(b) George doesn't love her anymore.
(c) She is trying to make George jealous.
(d) To secure the campaign funds for George.
10. What is the meaning of George's vomiting in the trophy?
(a) He wanted to make Coach mad.
(b) He could not get to the bathroom.
(c) He should never eat leftover Chinese food.
(d) The team is now soiled.
11. Where does George vomit at the end of Act 2?
(a) On Tom's shoes.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the driveway.
(d) In the team's championship trophy.
12. What does Coach believe will happen if George's opponent wins the election?
(a) The city will be doomed.
(b) Unemployment will drop.
(c) Businesses will move into town.
(d) People will move away.
13. What does Coach remind Phil of in hopes that Phil will contribute to George's campaign?
(a) His promise to his dying father.
(b) George's opponent's Communist ties.
(c) His investment in the future.
(d) Their long term friendship.
14. Why does Coach say he never married?
(a) He cannot commit.
(b) He is gay.
(c) He viewed coaching as his vocation.
(d) He never found the right woman.
15. Why does Phil say he can't afford to support George?
(a) His contract with the state has not been renewed.
(b) George's opponent will ruin Phil financially if he wins.
(c) He lost a big client.
(d) He has a huge tax bill coming due.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Marion so vulnerable at this time?
2. What memories does Phil continually replay in his head?
3. What reason does James give for being so exhausted?
4. What does George ask Phil?
5. Who advised George to put his child in an institution?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)