|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was George's son institutionalized?
(a) He is a paraplegic.
(b) He is severely retarded.
(c) He has Down Syndrome.
(d) He is developmentally disabled.
2. What suggestion does James give that Marion may have had the affair with Phil?
(a) She is trying to make George jealous.
(b) She is lonely.
(c) To secure the campaign funds for George.
(d) George doesn't love her anymore.
3. What does Coach remind Phil of in hopes that Phil will contribute to George's campaign?
(a) Their long term friendship.
(b) His investment in the future.
(c) His promise to his dying father.
(d) George's opponent's Communist ties.
4. What happens when Phil slaps James?
(a) James runs out of the house.
(b) James' dentures fall out of his mouth.
(c) James falls down.
(d) James cries.
5. George finally tells Coach that the real reason he is in distress is ________________________.
(a) He has been diagnosed with cancer.
(b) His son has flunked out of college.
(c) He has filed for bankruptcy.
(d) Phil is having an affair with his wife.
6. What does Coach tell one of the men to bring for George?
(a) Some aspirin.
(b) A towel.
(d) A drink.
7. What does James threaten to do if he is replaced in the campaign?
(a) Tell everyone about Phil's affair with Marion.
(b) Tell everyone about Coach's illegitimate child.
(c) Tell everyone about George's son.
(d) Charge Phil with assault and battery.
8. What phrase does the Coach remind the men of from their high school days?
(a) "Don't shoot till you see the whites of their lies."
(b) "Never take less than success."
(c) "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."
(d) "The early bird gets the worm."
9. Why does Phil say he can't afford to support George?
(a) He has a huge tax bill coming due.
(b) George's opponent will ruin Phil financially if he wins.
(c) His contract with the state has not been renewed.
(d) He lost a big client.
10. Why was Marion so vulnerable at this time?
(a) She never had many friends.
(b) She and George had to put their child in an institution.
(c) She just lost her job.
(d) Her father just died.
11. Which one of the men goes outside to speak to the coach privately?
12. Why has James traveled to so many cities?
(a) To help Tom.
(b) To go sightseeing.
(c) To entertain clients.
(d) To get new accounts.
13. When his father died, James was left with _________________ and funeral expenses.
(a) An old dog.
(b) An old car.
(c) $6,000 debt.
(d) Bad memories.
14. What are the men doing as Act 2 begins?
(a) Eating pizza.
(b) Playing basketball.
(c) Watching ESPN.
(d) Trying to convince George to put the gun down.
15. James substitutes the phrase "take care of each other" instead of ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does James give for being so exhausted?
2. What has George revealed to Coach while outside?
3. How does George refer to his son?
4. Where do the men get Tom settled after he falls down the stairs?
5. Which of the following does George not do at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)