|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the men get Tom settled after he falls down the stairs?
(a) The futon.
(b) The La-Z-Boy.
(c) The couch.
(d) The bed.
2. Why has James traveled to so many cities?
(a) To help Tom.
(b) To entertain clients.
(c) To go sightseeing.
(d) To get new accounts.
3. What does James tell George he has lost count of?
(a) His bad business ideas.
(b) His sleepless nights.
(c) His wife's parking tickets.
(d) The cities he has traveled to.
4. What does George tell Coach is George's problem.
(a) He has money problems.
(b) His son is ill.
(c) It is private.
(d) His wife is ill.
5. What are the men doing as Act 2 begins?
(a) Watching ESPN.
(b) Trying to convince George to put the gun down.
(c) Playing basketball.
(d) Eating pizza.
6. Which of the following does not characterize Phil?
(c) Building a future.
(d) Living in the past.
7. Where does George vomit at the end of Act 2?
(a) On Tom's shoes.
(b) In the driveway.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the team's championship trophy.
8. What suggestion does James give that Marion may have had the affair with Phil?
(a) She is trying to make George jealous.
(b) George doesn't love her anymore.
(c) To secure the campaign funds for George.
(d) She is lonely.
9. Why does Coach ask for more details about the affair?
(a) He wants to make George feel bad.
(b) He wants to make Phil feel bad.
(c) To see who made the first move.
(d) He is a lecherous old man.
10. When his father died, James was left with _________________ and funeral expenses.
(a) $6,000 debt.
(b) Bad memories.
(c) An old car.
(d) An old dog.
11. What reason does James give for being so exhausted?
(a) He didn't sleep at all last night.
(b) He has spent his entire life taking care of people.
(c) He is remodeling his house at night.
(d) He is training for a marathon.
12. What is Coach's advice after hearing of the affair?
(a) George should shoot Phil.
(b) Phil should apologize to George.
(c) George should get a divorce.
(d) The men must stick together.
13. Why does George believe that Phil was able to seduce Marion?
(a) She is sexually insatiable.
(b) She was lonely.
(c) She was flattered.
(d) She was vulnerable.
14. What does James say the men should not discuss regarding Sharmen?
(a) His children.
(b) His education.
(c) His wife.
(d) His religious beliefs.
15. To what does Coach attribute his recovery after surgery?
(a) Good home health care.
(b) Good genes.
(c) Great drugs.
(d) The support of these men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What memories does Phil continually replay in his head?
2. James thinks that remarks about Sharmen can be construed as ______________.
3. What does Phil think of James' campaign management abilities?
4. What does George ask Phil?
5. Which one of the men understands feeling rage and hatred?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)