|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coach remind Phil of in hopes that Phil will contribute to George's campaign?
(a) George's opponent's Communist ties.
(b) His investment in the future.
(c) Their long term friendship.
(d) His promise to his dying father.
2. Which of the following does George not do at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Gives up the gun.
(b) Crush beer cans with his hand.
(c) Begins to cry.
(d) Collapeses on the couch.
3. What is the setting for Act 2?
(a) A basketball court.
(b) Coach's kitchen.
(c) Coach's living room.
(d) A bar.
4. What phrase does the Coach remind the men of from their high school days?
(a) "Never take less than success."
(b) "Don't shoot till you see the whites of their lies."
(c) "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."
(d) "The early bird gets the worm."
5. In what industry does George work?
6. What does Coach say has always been one of his objectives?
(a) Protect the men from the evils of alcohol and sex.
(b) Provide good investment advice.
(c) Organize their annual reunions.
(d) Be godfather to their children.
7. What memories does Phil continually replay in his head?
(a) His first car.
(b) The senior prom.
(c) Basketball triumphs.
(d) Graduation day.
8. How does the author show that George is emotionally distant?
(a) He refuses to talk about anything other than sports.
(b) He remains with his friends instead of going home to confront his wife.
(c) He did not cry about losing his son.
(d) He cannot tell his wife that he loves her.
9. Why was Marion so vulnerable at this time?
(a) She and George had to put their child in an institution.
(b) She never had many friends.
(c) She just lost her job.
(d) Her father just died.
10. Why has James traveled to so many cities?
(a) To go sightseeing.
(b) To get new accounts.
(c) To help Tom.
(d) To entertain clients.
11. What is Coach's advice after hearing of the affair?
(a) The men must stick together.
(b) George should shoot Phil.
(c) George should get a divorce.
(d) Phil should apologize to George.
12. What does James tell George he has lost count of?
(a) His wife's parking tickets.
(b) His bad business ideas.
(c) The cities he has traveled to.
(d) His sleepless nights.
13. Which of the men falls down the steps?
14. Where does George vomit at the end of Act 2?
(a) In the team's championship trophy.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the driveway.
(d) On Tom's shoes.
15. Which one of the men goes outside next to talk to Coach?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the affair between Phil and Marion begin?
2. Phil's actions are motivated by _________________.
3. What does George tell Coach is George's problem.
4. Why does Phil say he can't afford to support George?
5. What does James see as his chance to rise above mediocrity?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)