|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does George vomit at the end of Act 2?
(a) In the driveway.
(b) On Tom's shoes.
(c) In the team's championship trophy.
(d) In the bathroom.
2. Which of the men goes outside to talk to Coach after George returns?
3. What phrase does the Coach remind the men of from their high school days?
(a) "Never take less than success."
(b) "The early bird gets the worm."
(c) "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."
(d) "Don't shoot till you see the whites of their lies."
4. Who advised George to put his child in an institution?
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His priest.
5. Why was Marion so vulnerable at this time?
(a) She and George had to put their child in an institution.
(b) She never had many friends.
(c) She just lost her job.
(d) Her father just died.
6. Phil's actions are motivated by _________________.
7. Why does George want to change campaign managers?
(a) He wants a professional.
(b) He is taking Coach's advice.
(c) He doesn't trust James anymore.
(d) He needs fresh thinking.
8. What does James see as his chance to rise above mediocrity?
(a) Starting his own business.
(b) A new job.
(d) Moving away.
9. George and his wife planned to renew their wedding vows on which anniversary?
10. Coach says he wants to _______________________.
(a) Travel the world.
(b) Get married.
(d) Play by the rules.
11. What does Coach remind Phil of in hopes that Phil will contribute to George's campaign?
(a) George's opponent's Communist ties.
(b) His promise to his dying father.
(c) Their long term friendship.
(d) His investment in the future.
12. James thinks that remarks about Sharmen can be construed as ______________.
13. Why does Coach ask for more details about the affair?
(a) He is a lecherous old man.
(b) To see who made the first move.
(c) He wants to make George feel bad.
(d) He wants to make Phil feel bad.
14. Why has James traveled to so many cities?
(a) To entertain clients.
(b) To get new accounts.
(c) To go sightseeing.
(d) To help Tom.
15. What suggestion does James give that Marion may have had the affair with Phil?
(a) To secure the campaign funds for George.
(b) She is lonely.
(c) She is trying to make George jealous.
(d) George doesn't love her anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author show that George is emotionally distant?
2. How does George refer to his son?
3. Which one of the men goes outside to speak to the coach privately?
4. What happens when Phil slaps James?
5. What is the setting for Act 2?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)