|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Marion so vulnerable at this time?
(a) She and George had to put their child in an institution.
(b) She just lost her job.
(c) Her father just died.
(d) She never had many friends.
2. How does George refer to his son?
(b) My boy.
(d) My mistake.
3. Why does Coach ask for more details about the affair?
(a) He wants to make Phil feel bad.
(b) He wants to make George feel bad.
(c) He is a lecherous old man.
(d) To see who made the first move.
4. Why does George believe that Phil was able to seduce Marion?
(a) She is sexually insatiable.
(b) She was flattered.
(c) She was lonely.
(d) She was vulnerable.
5. What phrase does the Coach remind the men of from their high school days?
(a) "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."
(b) "Never take less than success."
(c) "Don't shoot till you see the whites of their lies."
(d) "The early bird gets the worm."
6. When did the affair between Phil and Marion begin?
(a) When Marion came to Phil's office for a campaign contribution.
(b) When George was out of town a couple months ago.
(c) When Phil gave Marion a ride home.
(d) When Phil and Marion served on the hospital board.
7. Why has James traveled to so many cities?
(a) To entertain clients.
(b) To help Tom.
(c) To get new accounts.
(d) To go sightseeing.
8. George and his wife planned to renew their wedding vows on which anniversary?
9. What makes George vomit at the end of Act 2?
(a) He has had too much beer.
(b) He ate some bad Chinese food.
(c) He has the stomach flu.
(d) Phil tells him that James wants to be mayor.
10. What does George tell Coach is George's problem.
(a) His son is ill.
(b) His wife is ill.
(c) He has money problems.
(d) It is private.
11. What is the setting for Act 2?
(a) A basketball court.
(b) Coach's kitchen.
(c) A bar.
(d) Coach's living room.
12. Coach says he wants to _______________________.
(a) Play by the rules.
(b) Travel the world.
(d) Get married.
13. What does James tell George he has lost count of?
(a) His bad business ideas.
(b) The cities he has traveled to.
(c) His wife's parking tickets.
(d) His sleepless nights.
14. Which one of the men goes outside next to talk to Coach?
15. What are the men doing as Act 2 begins?
(a) Trying to convince George to put the gun down.
(b) Playing basketball.
(c) Eating pizza.
(d) Watching ESPN.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phil think of James' campaign management abilities?
2. Why does Coach say he never married?
3. James thinks that remarks about Sharmen can be construed as ______________.
4. What has Tom spilled on his pants?
5. What does Coach believe will happen if George's opponent wins the election?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)