|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the men get Tom settled after he falls down the stairs?
(a) The couch.
(b) The futon.
(c) The bed.
(d) The La-Z-Boy.
2. Why does Coach ask for more details about the affair?
(a) He wants to make Phil feel bad.
(b) He is a lecherous old man.
(c) To see who made the first move.
(d) He wants to make George feel bad.
3. What happens when Phil slaps James?
(a) James runs out of the house.
(b) James cries.
(c) James' dentures fall out of his mouth.
(d) James falls down.
4. Who advised George to put his child in an institution?
(a) His priest.
(b) His mother.
(d) His sister.
5. What suggestion does James give that Marion may have had the affair with Phil?
(a) To secure the campaign funds for George.
(b) She is trying to make George jealous.
(c) She is lonely.
(d) George doesn't love her anymore.
6. What does Phil think of James' campaign management abilities?
(a) He is exactly what George needs.
(b) He is a pro.
(c) He is an amateur.
(d) He has a lot to learn.
7. The coach wants to win ________________.
(a) At everything he tries.
(b) When he plays golf with his neighbor.
(c) At all costs.
(d) When he plays poker with the guys.
8. What are the men doing as Act 2 begins?
(a) Playing basketball.
(b) Trying to convince George to put the gun down.
(c) Eating pizza.
(d) Watching ESPN.
9. Why does Phil say he can't afford to support George?
(a) He lost a big client.
(b) George's opponent will ruin Phil financially if he wins.
(c) He has a huge tax bill coming due.
(d) His contract with the state has not been renewed.
10. What has George revealed to Coach while outside?
(a) He wants to move to Florida.
(b) He is gay.
(c) He wants a divorce from Marion.
(d) He wants to replace James as campaign manager.
11. Who does Phil call on a dare?
12. James substitutes the phrase "take care of each other" instead of ______________.
13. What phrase does the Coach remind the men of from their high school days?
(a) "Don't shoot till you see the whites of their lies."
(b) "Never take less than success."
(c) "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."
(d) "The early bird gets the worm."
14. Which of the following does George not do at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Collapeses on the couch.
(b) Gives up the gun.
(c) Crush beer cans with his hand.
(d) Begins to cry.
15. Why does George want to change campaign managers?
(a) He doesn't trust James anymore.
(b) He is taking Coach's advice.
(c) He wants a professional.
(d) He needs fresh thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. George listened to Coach and not _____________ when making the decision about his son.
2. What is the setting for Act 2?
3. Why was Marion so vulnerable at this time?
4. Why does Coach say he never married?
5. What makes George vomit at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)