|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James say the men should not discuss regarding Sharmen?
(a) His children.
(b) His religious beliefs.
(c) His education.
(d) His wife.
2. What does Coach remind Phil of in hopes that Phil will contribute to George's campaign?
(a) George's opponent's Communist ties.
(b) His promise to his dying father.
(c) Their long term friendship.
(d) His investment in the future.
3. Coach says he wants to _______________________.
(a) Get married.
(b) Play by the rules.
(c) Travel the world.
4. George listened to Coach and not _____________ when making the decision about his son.
(a) His brother.
(b) His priest.
(c) His wife.
(d) His heart.
5. Which one of the men understands feeling rage and hatred?
6. How does the author show that George is emotionally distant?
(a) He cannot tell his wife that he loves her.
(b) He refuses to talk about anything other than sports.
(c) He remains with his friends instead of going home to confront his wife.
(d) He did not cry about losing his son.
7. Why does Coach ask for more details about the affair?
(a) To see who made the first move.
(b) He is a lecherous old man.
(c) He wants to make Phil feel bad.
(d) He wants to make George feel bad.
8. Who advised George to put his child in an institution?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(d) His priest.
9. Which of the men say their wife would never have an affair?
10. What does James see as his chance to rise above mediocrity?
(b) Moving away.
(c) A new job.
(d) Starting his own business.
11. What does George tell Coach is George's problem.
(a) His son is ill.
(b) His wife is ill.
(c) He has money problems.
(d) It is private.
12. Where do the men get Tom settled after he falls down the stairs?
(a) The bed.
(b) The couch.
(c) The La-Z-Boy.
(d) The futon.
13. What suggestion does James give that Marion may have had the affair with Phil?
(a) George doesn't love her anymore.
(b) To secure the campaign funds for George.
(c) She is trying to make George jealous.
(d) She is lonely.
14. What has Tom spilled on his pants?
15. George and his wife planned to renew their wedding vows on which anniversary?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the affair between Phil and Marion begin?
2. Where does George vomit at the end of Act 2?
3. What name was George's baby given?
4. Which of the following does not characterize Phil?
5. What makes George vomit at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)