|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who advised George to put his child in an institution?
(a) His mother.
(b) His priest.
(c) His sister.
2. George listened to Coach and not _____________ when making the decision about his son.
(a) His heart.
(b) His brother.
(c) His priest.
(d) His wife.
3. George and his wife planned to renew their wedding vows on which anniversary?
4. Why does Phil say he can't afford to support George?
(a) He has a huge tax bill coming due.
(b) He lost a big client.
(c) His contract with the state has not been renewed.
(d) George's opponent will ruin Phil financially if he wins.
5. Why does Coach say he never married?
(a) He viewed coaching as his vocation.
(b) He never found the right woman.
(c) He cannot commit.
(d) He is gay.
6. What does James say the men should not discuss regarding Sharmen?
(a) His education.
(b) His children.
(c) His religious beliefs.
(d) His wife.
7. What does James see as his chance to rise above mediocrity?
(a) Moving away.
(b) A new job.
(c) Starting his own business.
8. Who does Phil call on a dare?
9. The coach wants to win ________________.
(a) At all costs.
(b) When he plays poker with the guys.
(c) At everything he tries.
(d) When he plays golf with his neighbor.
10. Why does George believe that Phil was able to seduce Marion?
(a) She was vulnerable.
(b) She was flattered.
(c) She was lonely.
(d) She is sexually insatiable.
11. What name was George's baby given?
(d) No name.
12. Where does George vomit at the end of Act 2?
(a) On Tom's shoes.
(b) In the team's championship trophy.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the driveway.
13. When did the affair between Phil and Marion begin?
(a) When Phil gave Marion a ride home.
(b) When George was out of town a couple months ago.
(c) When Marion came to Phil's office for a campaign contribution.
(d) When Phil and Marion served on the hospital board.
14. George finally tells Coach that the real reason he is in distress is ________________________.
(a) He has been diagnosed with cancer.
(b) Phil is having an affair with his wife.
(c) He has filed for bankruptcy.
(d) His son has flunked out of college.
15. What does Coach say has always been one of his objectives?
(a) Be godfather to their children.
(b) Organize their annual reunions.
(c) Provide good investment advice.
(d) Protect the men from the evils of alcohol and sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the men goes outside to talk to Coach after George returns?
2. What is the meaning of George's vomiting in the trophy?
3. What does Coach believe will happen if George's opponent wins the election?
4. How does Sharmen react to Phil's campaign contribution offer?
5. What happens when Phil slaps James?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)