|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James substitutes the phrase "take care of each other" instead of ______________.
2. George and his wife planned to renew their wedding vows on which anniversary?
3. George finally tells Coach that the real reason he is in distress is ________________________.
(a) He has filed for bankruptcy.
(b) Phil is having an affair with his wife.
(c) He has been diagnosed with cancer.
(d) His son has flunked out of college.
4. What does Phil think of James' campaign management abilities?
(a) He is an amateur.
(b) He is exactly what George needs.
(c) He is a pro.
(d) He has a lot to learn.
5. Why does Coach ask for more details about the affair?
(a) He wants to make George feel bad.
(b) To see who made the first move.
(c) He wants to make Phil feel bad.
(d) He is a lecherous old man.
6. Where do the men get Tom settled after he falls down the stairs?
(a) The bed.
(b) The La-Z-Boy.
(c) The couch.
(d) The futon.
7. When his father died, James was left with _________________ and funeral expenses.
(a) An old car.
(b) An old dog.
(c) Bad memories.
(d) $6,000 debt.
8. Which of the following does not characterize Phil?
(a) Building a future.
(d) Living in the past.
9. What does James see as his chance to rise above mediocrity?
(b) A new job.
(c) Moving away.
(d) Starting his own business.
10. What has George revealed to Coach while outside?
(a) He is gay.
(b) He wants to replace James as campaign manager.
(c) He wants a divorce from Marion.
(d) He wants to move to Florida.
11. What memories does Phil continually replay in his head?
(a) Basketball triumphs.
(b) His first car.
(c) The senior prom.
(d) Graduation day.
12. To what does Coach attribute his recovery after surgery?
(a) The support of these men.
(b) Good genes.
(c) Good home health care.
(d) Great drugs.
13. Which of the men say their wife would never have an affair?
14. Why was Marion so vulnerable at this time?
(a) She just lost her job.
(b) Her father just died.
(c) She never had many friends.
(d) She and George had to put their child in an institution.
15. What has Tom spilled on his pants?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George tell Coach is George's problem.
2. What is the meaning of George's vomiting in the trophy?
3. Where does George vomit at the end of Act 2?
4. Why was George's son institutionalized?
5. What does James threaten to do if he is replaced in the campaign?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)