|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the men goes outside to talk to Coach after George returns?
2. What does George ask Phil?
(a) If he can give him a ride home.
(b) If he will increase his campaign contribution.
(c) If his wife is good in bed.
(d) If he can borrow twenty bucks.
3. James substitutes the phrase "take care of each other" instead of ______________.
4. The coach wants to win ________________.
(a) At all costs.
(b) When he plays golf with his neighbor.
(c) When he plays poker with the guys.
(d) At everything he tries.
5. Why does Coach ask for more details about the affair?
(a) He wants to make George feel bad.
(b) He wants to make Phil feel bad.
(c) He is a lecherous old man.
(d) To see who made the first move.
6. James thinks that remarks about Sharmen can be construed as ______________.
7. What reason does James give for being so exhausted?
(a) He has spent his entire life taking care of people.
(b) He is training for a marathon.
(c) He is remodeling his house at night.
(d) He didn't sleep at all last night.
8. Why does George want to change campaign managers?
(a) He is taking Coach's advice.
(b) He doesn't trust James anymore.
(c) He wants a professional.
(d) He needs fresh thinking.
9. Which of the following does George not do at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Begins to cry.
(b) Crush beer cans with his hand.
(c) Collapeses on the couch.
(d) Gives up the gun.
10. What has George revealed to Coach while outside?
(a) He wants a divorce from Marion.
(b) He wants to replace James as campaign manager.
(c) He wants to move to Florida.
(d) He is gay.
11. How does the author show that George is emotionally distant?
(a) He remains with his friends instead of going home to confront his wife.
(b) He refuses to talk about anything other than sports.
(c) He did not cry about losing his son.
(d) He cannot tell his wife that he loves her.
12. In what industry does George work?
13. What does Phil think of James' campaign management abilities?
(a) He is a pro.
(b) He has a lot to learn.
(c) He is exactly what George needs.
(d) He is an amateur.
14. Why does Phil say he can't afford to support George?
(a) He lost a big client.
(b) His contract with the state has not been renewed.
(c) George's opponent will ruin Phil financially if he wins.
(d) He has a huge tax bill coming due.
15. How does Sharmen react to Phil's campaign contribution offer?
(a) He is pleased.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He says he can only take half of it.
(d) He accepts it immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many affairs does George admit to having?
2. Which of the men say their wife would never have an affair?
3. What does James say the men should not discuss regarding Sharmen?
4. What does George tell Coach is George's problem.
5. Why has James traveled to so many cities?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)