|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coach believe will happen if George's opponent wins the election?
(a) The city will be doomed.
(b) People will move away.
(c) Businesses will move into town.
(d) Unemployment will drop.
2. Which of the following does not characterize Phil?
(a) Living in the past.
(c) Building a future.
3. Where do the men get Tom settled after he falls down the stairs?
(a) The bed.
(b) The couch.
(c) The futon.
(d) The La-Z-Boy.
4. When did the affair between Phil and Marion begin?
(a) When Phil and Marion served on the hospital board.
(b) When Phil gave Marion a ride home.
(c) When Marion came to Phil's office for a campaign contribution.
(d) When George was out of town a couple months ago.
5. Which one of the men goes outside to speak to the coach privately?
6. What is Coach's advice after hearing of the affair?
(a) The men must stick together.
(b) George should shoot Phil.
(c) Phil should apologize to George.
(d) George should get a divorce.
7. What does James see as his chance to rise above mediocrity?
(a) Moving away.
(b) Starting his own business.
(d) A new job.
8. Phil's actions are motivated by _________________.
9. What reason does James give for being so exhausted?
(a) He didn't sleep at all last night.
(b) He is training for a marathon.
(c) He has spent his entire life taking care of people.
(d) He is remodeling his house at night.
10. What phrase does the Coach remind the men of from their high school days?
(a) "Never take less than success."
(b) "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."
(c) "The early bird gets the worm."
(d) "Don't shoot till you see the whites of their lies."
11. Why does Phil say he can't afford to support George?
(a) He has a huge tax bill coming due.
(b) George's opponent will ruin Phil financially if he wins.
(c) He lost a big client.
(d) His contract with the state has not been renewed.
12. Which one of the men goes outside next to talk to Coach?
13. Who does Phil call on a dare?
14. James substitutes the phrase "take care of each other" instead of ______________.
15. Who advised George to put his child in an institution?
(a) His priest.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Coach attribute his recovery after surgery?
2. What has Tom spilled on his pants?
3. Why does Coach ask for more details about the affair?
4. What does James threaten to do if he is replaced in the campaign?
5. What does James say the men should not discuss regarding Sharmen?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)