|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the men understands feeling rage and hatred?
2. What is the meaning of George's vomiting in the trophy?
(a) He could not get to the bathroom.
(b) The team is now soiled.
(c) He wanted to make Coach mad.
(d) He should never eat leftover Chinese food.
3. Why does Phil say he can't afford to support George?
(a) He lost a big client.
(b) He has a huge tax bill coming due.
(c) His contract with the state has not been renewed.
(d) George's opponent will ruin Phil financially if he wins.
4. What does Coach tell one of the men to bring for George?
(b) A drink.
(c) A towel.
(d) Some aspirin.
5. What does James tell George he has lost count of?
(a) His bad business ideas.
(b) His sleepless nights.
(c) The cities he has traveled to.
(d) His wife's parking tickets.
6. Why does George believe that Phil was able to seduce Marion?
(a) She was vulnerable.
(b) She was flattered.
(c) She was lonely.
(d) She is sexually insatiable.
7. What is Coach's advice after hearing of the affair?
(a) George should shoot Phil.
(b) George should get a divorce.
(c) Phil should apologize to George.
(d) The men must stick together.
8. Where do the men get Tom settled after he falls down the stairs?
(a) The La-Z-Boy.
(b) The couch.
(c) The futon.
(d) The bed.
9. What reason does James give for being so exhausted?
(a) He has spent his entire life taking care of people.
(b) He is training for a marathon.
(c) He didn't sleep at all last night.
(d) He is remodeling his house at night.
10. Why has James traveled to so many cities?
(a) To get new accounts.
(b) To help Tom.
(c) To go sightseeing.
(d) To entertain clients.
11. Which of the following does not characterize Phil?
(b) Building a future.
(c) Living in the past.
12. What suggestion does James give that Marion may have had the affair with Phil?
(a) She is lonely.
(b) She is trying to make George jealous.
(c) George doesn't love her anymore.
(d) To secure the campaign funds for George.
13. What has Tom spilled on his pants?
14. What does George tell Coach is George's problem.
(a) He has money problems.
(b) His wife is ill.
(c) It is private.
(d) His son is ill.
15. What does Coach say has always been one of his objectives?
(a) Protect the men from the evils of alcohol and sex.
(b) Organize their annual reunions.
(c) Be godfather to their children.
(d) Provide good investment advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was George's son institutionalized?
2. Phil's actions are motivated by _________________.
3. Which one of the men goes outside next to talk to Coach?
4. George finally tells Coach that the real reason he is in distress is ________________________.
5. Which one of the men goes outside to speak to the coach privately?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)