|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does James give for being so exhausted?
(a) He has spent his entire life taking care of people.
(b) He didn't sleep at all last night.
(c) He is training for a marathon.
(d) He is remodeling his house at night.
2. Why has James traveled to so many cities?
(a) To go sightseeing.
(b) To help Tom.
(c) To entertain clients.
(d) To get new accounts.
3. What does Coach believe will happen if George's opponent wins the election?
(a) People will move away.
(b) Businesses will move into town.
(c) Unemployment will drop.
(d) The city will be doomed.
4. Which one of the men goes outside to speak to the coach privately?
5. What name was George's baby given?
(c) No name.
6. To what does Coach attribute his recovery after surgery?
(a) Good genes.
(b) Good home health care.
(c) Great drugs.
(d) The support of these men.
7. Which of the following does George not do at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Collapeses on the couch.
(b) Begins to cry.
(c) Crush beer cans with his hand.
(d) Gives up the gun.
8. George finally tells Coach that the real reason he is in distress is ________________________.
(a) He has filed for bankruptcy.
(b) He has been diagnosed with cancer.
(c) His son has flunked out of college.
(d) Phil is having an affair with his wife.
9. Which one of the men understands feeling rage and hatred?
10. How does the author show that George is emotionally distant?
(a) He remains with his friends instead of going home to confront his wife.
(b) He cannot tell his wife that he loves her.
(c) He refuses to talk about anything other than sports.
(d) He did not cry about losing his son.
11. George listened to Coach and not _____________ when making the decision about his son.
(a) His priest.
(b) His brother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His heart.
12. Which of the men goes outside to talk to Coach after George returns?
13. In what industry does George work?
14. When did the affair between Phil and Marion begin?
(a) When George was out of town a couple months ago.
(b) When Marion came to Phil's office for a campaign contribution.
(c) When Phil gave Marion a ride home.
(d) When Phil and Marion served on the hospital board.
15. Phil's actions are motivated by _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. George and his wife planned to renew their wedding vows on which anniversary?
2. What are the men doing as Act 2 begins?
3. Why does George want to change campaign managers?
4. What does James say the men should not discuss regarding Sharmen?
5. Why was Marion so vulnerable at this time?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)