|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the heritage of most of the people in Scranton?
2. The coach tells the men that they must ________________ in times of danger and dissension.
(a) Keep a low profile.
(b) Stick together.
(c) Be armed.
(d) Protect their families.
3. Which person had been on the team but no one has heard from for 20 years?
4. What reason does the coach give for an unexpected pain?
(a) He is having a heart attack.
(b) He has a migraine.
(c) He is having digestive problems.
(d) His surgical incision is still healing.
5. To what does the coach compare this team of men?
(a) A fine watch.
(b) A new car.
(c) A group of panthers.
(d) A well-oiled machine.
6. Tom has missed how many of the team reunions?
7. With what weapon does George threaten to kill Phil?
(a) Fireplace poker.
8. What is the information learned about George's political opponent?
(a) He was a slumlord.
(b) She is having an affair.
(c) He was a Communist.
(d) She had an abortion.
9. In what state is the high school where the men win the championship?
(b) West Virginia.
10. Which corporation has promised George's opponent that it will bring new jobs to the town?
11. What disease does the coach warn the men about because of their age?
(c) Heart attack.
12. Which one of the men is having an affair with George's wife?
13. What anniversary of a state basketball championship are the men gathered to commemorate?
14. George is proud of the recent opening of _________________.
(a) A water park.
(b) A movie theater.
(c) A new zoo.
(d) An ice arena.
15. In what year do the men win the high school championship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is George's wife?
2. In what sport do the men win a high school championship?
3. How much money has Phil offered for George's re-election campaign?
4. What do the men do to lighten the mood in the room?
5. In what year does the story take place?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)