|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Dumbledore says makes Harry and Lord Voldemort different?
2. What name is on the diary Ron and Harry find on the bathroom floor?
3. Who decides he/she would be best for stealing the needed potion ingredients out of Snape's storeroom?
4. What does the phoenix, Fawkes, drop at Harry's feet in the Chamber of Secrets that amuses Tom Riddle?
5. What happens to Dumbledore's pet bird while Harry is waiting on him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Harry and Ron find when they follow the spiders into the Forbidden Forest?
2. What do Harry and Ron overhear the teachers talking about in Chapter Sixteen regarding the Chamber of Secrets?
3. What does Dobby reveal to Harry when he comes to see him in the hospital wing in Chapter Ten?
4. What happens when Harry tells Tom Riddle that Dumbledore is the greatest wizard that ever lived and that people will always be faithful to Dumbledore.
5. Who are the two people removed from the school in Chapter Fourteen? What happens to them?
6. What does Dumbledore tell Harry regarding his likeness to Voldemort?
7. What happens to Hermione in Chapter Fourteen?
8. What goes wrong with Hermione's portion of the Polyjuice Potion?
9. In Chapter Thirteen why has Moaning Myrtle flooded the bathroom and been crying?
10. What are the students saying about Harry after they find he can speak to snakes like Salazar Slytherin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ginny had been acting oddly from the beginning of the story due to the fact that she has feelings for Harry.
Part 1-How would the story have been different if she hadn't had feelings for Harry?
Part 2-Would someone have noticed sooner that she was acting strangely because of the diary if she had not been preoccupied with Harry?
Essay Topic 2
Hermione puts her schooling in danger by mixing the Polyjuice Potion. Explain the reason she was so willing to get into trouble making the potion. Is it possible that part of the reason she was willing to make the potion was because of the thrill of breaking the rules or to get revenge on Draco for calling her a Mudblood? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
There are things in the book that point strongly in the direction of the Chamber of Secrets and the monster that lies within--Ginny and her odd behavior, the voice that only Harry can hear, and Moaning Myrtle. Take away one of these and explain how it would have changed the rest of the story and what it added to have it included.
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)