|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Gilderoy Lockhart tries to fix Harry's broken arm?
2. What happens when Lucius throws the diary at Dobby the House Elf?
3. What does the head spider, Aragog, tell Harry about the creature that comes from the Chamber of Secrets?
4. What captures Ron and Harry in the Forbidden Forest?
5. Who enters the room before Harry leaves Dumbledore's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harry distract Snape while Hermione retrieves the needed ingredients?
2. In Chapter Thirteen why has Moaning Myrtle flooded the bathroom and been crying?
3. What happens when Harry gives Lucius Malfoy the diary that belonged to Tom Riddle?
4. What happens when Harry tells Tom Riddle that Dumbledore is the greatest wizard that ever lived and that people will always be faithful to Dumbledore.
5. What are some of the presents Harry gets for Christmas?
6. Who are the two people removed from the school in Chapter Fourteen? What happens to them?
7. Why does Hermione volunteer to sneak into Professor Snape's storeroom?
8. Explain how Hermione, Ron and Harry get Lockhart to sign a permission form for them to retrieve a book from the restricted section of the library.
9. What happens to Hermione in Chapter Fourteen?
10. What does Dobby reveal to Harry when he comes to see him in the hospital wing in Chapter Ten?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ginny had been acting oddly from the beginning of the story due to the fact that she has feelings for Harry.
Part 1-How would the story have been different if she hadn't had feelings for Harry?
Part 2-Would someone have noticed sooner that she was acting strangely because of the diary if she had not been preoccupied with Harry?
Essay Topic 2
Take a close look at the Durlseys and the Weasleys as a family entity. What are the differences? What are the similarities? Explain
Essay Topic 3
Dumbledore says in the story that it is not a question of who opened the chamber but how. Later when Harry saves Ginny, Dumbledore doesn't seem surprised by the fact that it was Tom Riddle. Dumbledore also was said to have kept a close eye on Tom Riddle while he was in school. Given the information, did Dumbledore know that it was Tom Riddle that was responsible? Explain your answer.
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)