|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the room before Harry leaves Dumbledore's office?
2. Why does Hermione say it's bad that Harry can talk to snakes?
3. Who does Professor McGonagall take Harry and Ron to see?
4. How long does the book say they will have before they turn back?
5. What does Ginny say she caught Percy doing that he told her to keep secret?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the two people removed from the school in Chapter Fourteen? What happens to them?
2. What are some of the presents Harry gets for Christmas?
3. What happens when Harry gives Lucius Malfoy the diary that belonged to Tom Riddle?
4. How does Gilderoy Lockhart plan to boost the school moral in Chapter Thirteen?
5. What happens to the phoenix in Dumbledore's office while Harry is waiting on Dumbledore in Chapter Twelve?
6. Explain how Hermione, Ron and Harry get Lockhart to sign a permission form for them to retrieve a book from the restricted section of the library.
7. What do Harry and Ron overhear the teachers talking about in Chapter Sixteen regarding the Chamber of Secrets?
8. What happens when Harry tells Tom Riddle that Dumbledore is the greatest wizard that ever lived and that people will always be faithful to Dumbledore.
9. What does Dumbledore tell Harry regarding his likeness to Voldemort?
10. What does Dumbledore tell Harry while in his office in Chapter Twelve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hermione puts her schooling in danger by mixing the Polyjuice Potion. Explain the reason she was so willing to get into trouble making the potion. Is it possible that part of the reason she was willing to make the potion was because of the thrill of breaking the rules or to get revenge on Draco for calling her a Mudblood? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Hagrid was expelled from the school but not imprisoned.
Part 1-Explain why Hagrid refused to tell anyone about Aragog.
Part 2-Why does Hagrid continually find large pets to take care of?
Part 3-What would have changed if Hagrid had explained about Aragog fifty years ago?
Essay Topic 3
The main character in the story is Harry with Ron and Hermione always close by him in some regard. Describe the differences between the characters and their likenesses. Look at their characteristics and their backgrounds and explain why they work so effectively with each other.
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)