|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dumbledore tell Harry about the Phoenix's tears?
2. What does Hedwig bring Harry from the Dursleys?
3. What does Harry have that provides a distraction in Snape's classroom?
4. Who does Harry find in the secret chamber near Ginny's body?
5. What happens when Gilderoy Lockhart tries to fix Harry's broken arm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Harry and Ron overhear the teachers talking about in Chapter Sixteen regarding the Chamber of Secrets?
2. What happens when Harry gives Lucius Malfoy the diary that belonged to Tom Riddle?
3. What does Dobby reveal to Harry when he comes to see him in the hospital wing in Chapter Ten?
4. What happens when Draco Malfoy produces a snake during dueling class in Chapter Eleven?
5. What happens to the phoenix in Dumbledore's office while Harry is waiting on Dumbledore in Chapter Twelve?
6. What does Harry hear while lying in the hospital wing when Dumbledore brings in a petrified Collin Creevey?
7. How does Harry distract Snape while Hermione retrieves the needed ingredients?
8. What do Harry and Ron find in Hermione's hand when they go to visit her in the hospital wing in chapter Sixteen?
9. Explain how Hermione, Ron and Harry get Lockhart to sign a permission form for them to retrieve a book from the restricted section of the library.
10. In Chapter Thirteen why has Moaning Myrtle flooded the bathroom and been crying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hagrid was expelled from the school but not imprisoned.
Part 1-Explain why Hagrid refused to tell anyone about Aragog.
Part 2-Why does Hagrid continually find large pets to take care of?
Part 3-What would have changed if Hagrid had explained about Aragog fifty years ago?
Essay Topic 2
Take a close look at the Durlseys and the Weasleys as a family entity. What are the differences? What are the similarities? Explain
Essay Topic 3
The Chamber of Secrets had been opened only fifty years ago. Many of the people at Hogwarts, such as the ghosts and teachers, were around at that time.
Part 1-Describe why they were so quick to dismiss the fact that the chamber was a myth and didn't exist.
Part 2-How would things have been different if the Chamber of Secrets had been taken as a more serious threat in the beginning?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)