|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Dumbledore's pet bird while Harry is waiting on him?
2. What does Hermione give Ron and Harry that is intended to keep Crabbe and Goyle away while they use the transformation potions?
3. Why does Tom Riddle refuse to use his father's last name?
4. Who are the two professors that are teaching the Dueling Club?
5. How long does the book say they will have before they turn back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Harry gives Lucius Malfoy the diary that belonged to Tom Riddle?
2. What does Harry hear while lying in the hospital wing when Dumbledore brings in a petrified Collin Creevey?
3. In Chapter Thirteen why has Moaning Myrtle flooded the bathroom and been crying?
4. What happens to Hermione in Chapter Fourteen?
5. What do Harry and Ron find in Hermione's hand when they go to visit her in the hospital wing in chapter Sixteen?
6. Explain how Hermione, Ron and Harry get Lockhart to sign a permission form for them to retrieve a book from the restricted section of the library.
7. What are the students saying about Harry after they find he can speak to snakes like Salazar Slytherin?
8. When Harry gets to the Chamber of Secrets in Chapter Seventeen what does Tom Riddle tell him?
9. What do Harry and Ron find when they follow the spiders into the Forbidden Forest?
10. How does Gilderoy Lockhart plan to boost the school moral in Chapter Thirteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are things in the book that point strongly in the direction of the Chamber of Secrets and the monster that lies within--Ginny and her odd behavior, the voice that only Harry can hear, and Moaning Myrtle. Take away one of these and explain how it would have changed the rest of the story and what it added to have it included.
Essay Topic 2
Lucius Malfoy is very hard on his son. He openly rebukes him for not being smarter than Hermione, a Mudblood, but then buys him new equipment to ensure he is put on the Slytherin Quidditch team.
Part 1-Explain their relationship.
Part 2-Do you think that Draco could do anything to fully make his father proud?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Dobby's frame of mind that tore him between loyalty to his family and a desire to help Harry Potter. Which do you feel was stronger? Explain.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)