|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What saves Harry and Ron from the spiders?
2. Why does Draco Malfoy not see the Golden Snitch when it was by his ear?
3. What does Hermione give Ron and Harry that is intended to keep Crabbe and Goyle away while they use the transformation potions?
4. What does Lockhart do while trying to show Harry how to block an unfriendly spell?
5. What does Dumbledore say the petrified student proves?
Essay Topic 1
The main character in the story is Harry with Ron and Hermione always close by him in some regard. Describe the differences between the characters and their likenesses. Look at their characteristics and their backgrounds and explain why they work so effectively with each other.
Essay Topic 2
Hermione puts her schooling in danger by mixing the Polyjuice Potion. Explain the reason she was so willing to get into trouble making the potion. Is it possible that part of the reason she was willing to make the potion was because of the thrill of breaking the rules or to get revenge on Draco for calling her a Mudblood? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Moaning Myrtle is obsessed with death. She seems to enjoy sitting and thinking about it.
Part 1- Do you believe that she is happy being a ghost? Explain.
Part 2- Had Moaning Myrtle not chosen to stay in the bathroom where she was killed, would Harry and Ron have had any clue about where the entrance to the chamber was?
Part 3- Myrtle says that she still has feelings. Do you think that she has feelings or that she is simply sad all the time? Explain.
This section contains 1,241 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)