|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the room before Harry leaves Dumbledore's office?
2. Dobby tells Harry that ________ sent the Bludger.
3. What does Harry find has happened when he goes to his room?
4. What saves Harry and Ron from the spiders?
5. Who decides he/she would be best for stealing the needed potion ingredients out of Snape's storeroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dobby reveal to Harry when he comes to see him in the hospital wing in Chapter Ten?
2. What goes wrong with Hermione's portion of the Polyjuice Potion?
3. What are the students saying about Harry after they find he can speak to snakes like Salazar Slytherin?
4. What happens to Hermione in Chapter Fourteen?
5. What do Harry and Ron find in Hermione's hand when they go to visit her in the hospital wing in chapter Sixteen?
6. What do Harry and Ron find when they follow the spiders into the Forbidden Forest?
7. How does Gilderoy Lockhart plan to boost the school moral in Chapter Thirteen?
8. What happens when Harry tells Tom Riddle that Dumbledore is the greatest wizard that ever lived and that people will always be faithful to Dumbledore.
9. What do Harry and Ron overhear the teachers talking about in Chapter Sixteen regarding the Chamber of Secrets?
10. Explain how Hermione, Ron and Harry get Lockhart to sign a permission form for them to retrieve a book from the restricted section of the library.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dumbledore says in the story that it is not a question of who opened the chamber but how. Later when Harry saves Ginny, Dumbledore doesn't seem surprised by the fact that it was Tom Riddle. Dumbledore also was said to have kept a close eye on Tom Riddle while he was in school. Given the information, did Dumbledore know that it was Tom Riddle that was responsible? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
When the Chamber of Secrets was opened fifty years earlier there was a Muggle killed. At that point in time it was just Tom Riddle controlling the Basilisk. Do you think that it is possible that part of the reason that no one was killed is that Ginny was able to some very small extent to keep Tom Riddle under control while he worked through her? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The main character in the story is Harry with Ron and Hermione always close by him in some regard. Describe the differences between the characters and their likenesses. Look at their characteristics and their backgrounds and explain why they work so effectively with each other.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)