|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry and Ron find in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom?
2. What captures Ron and Harry in the Forbidden Forest?
3. What does Dumbledore tell Harry to look closely at for proof that he belongs in Gryffindor house?
4. What does Professor McGonagall say into the megaphone when she steps out onto the Quidditch field?
5. Who has been taken into the Chamber of Secrets?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gilderoy Lockhart plan to boost the school moral in Chapter Thirteen?
2. What happens to Hermione in Chapter Fourteen?
3. What does Harry hear while lying in the hospital wing when Dumbledore brings in a petrified Collin Creevey?
4. In Chapter Thirteen why has Moaning Myrtle flooded the bathroom and been crying?
5. What happens when Harry tells Tom Riddle that Dumbledore is the greatest wizard that ever lived and that people will always be faithful to Dumbledore.
6. What do Harry and Ron find when they follow the spiders into the Forbidden Forest?
7. What does Dumbledore tell Harry regarding his likeness to Voldemort?
8. What do Harry and Ron overhear the teachers talking about in Chapter Sixteen regarding the Chamber of Secrets?
9. Who are the two people removed from the school in Chapter Fourteen? What happens to them?
10. What are the students saying about Harry after they find he can speak to snakes like Salazar Slytherin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ginny had been acting oddly from the beginning of the story due to the fact that she has feelings for Harry.
Part 1-How would the story have been different if she hadn't had feelings for Harry?
Part 2-Would someone have noticed sooner that she was acting strangely because of the diary if she had not been preoccupied with Harry?
Essay Topic 2
The Dursleys treat Harry very foul and give him nothing more than a toothpick for Christmas. Explain why they don't let Harry stay with the Weasleys and why they would rather have him locked in his room than to be at Ron's house.
How would the story have been different if Harry had been appreciated a little more at home?
Essay Topic 3
The phoenix appears after Harry proclaims his devotion to Dumbledore in the Chamber of Secrets. What does the phoenix symbolize in the story? Explain.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)