|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do when Draco Malfoy produces a snake in the duel?
2. Why does Draco Malfoy not see the Golden Snitch when it was by his ear?
3. Who does Professor McGonagall take Harry and Ron to see?
4. What does the phoenix, Fawkes, drop at Harry's feet in the Chamber of Secrets that amuses Tom Riddle?
5. Who does Draco Malfoy say should apply for Dumbledore's position as school headmaster?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gilderoy Lockhart plan to boost the school moral in Chapter Thirteen?
2. When Harry gets to the Chamber of Secrets in Chapter Seventeen what does Tom Riddle tell him?
3. What does Dumbledore tell Harry regarding his likeness to Voldemort?
4. What happens to Hermione in Chapter Fourteen?
5. What does Dumbledore tell Harry while in his office in Chapter Twelve?
6. What happens when Draco Malfoy produces a snake during dueling class in Chapter Eleven?
7. What do Harry and Ron overhear the teachers talking about in Chapter Sixteen regarding the Chamber of Secrets?
8. What are the students saying about Harry after they find he can speak to snakes like Salazar Slytherin?
9. What happens when Harry gives Lucius Malfoy the diary that belonged to Tom Riddle?
10. What does Harry hear while lying in the hospital wing when Dumbledore brings in a petrified Collin Creevey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are things in the book that point strongly in the direction of the Chamber of Secrets and the monster that lies within--Ginny and her odd behavior, the voice that only Harry can hear, and Moaning Myrtle. Take away one of these and explain how it would have changed the rest of the story and what it added to have it included.
Essay Topic 2
The Defence Against the Dark Arts position is said to be jinxed.
How would the story had differed if Snape had had the Dark Arts position?
What would have happened in potions class if Lockhart had been the teacher?
Given Snape's attitude and disposition do you think he would have made a good Dark Arts teacher? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The Weasley children are all very different. Explain the importance of the differences between Percey, Ginny, Ron, and the twins George and Fred. Did each of these characters play an important role on Harry in the book? Explain.
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)