|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginny say she caught Percy doing that he told her to keep secret?
2. When Harry leaves the hospital, where does he find Hermione and Ron?
3. Why does Hermione say it's bad that Harry can talk to snakes?
4. How long does Hermione tell Ron and Harry it will be before they can have the Polyjuice Potion ready?
5. What goes wrong when Hermione takes the Polyjuice Potion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harry distract Snape while Hermione retrieves the needed ingredients?
2. What does Dobby reveal to Harry when he comes to see him in the hospital wing in Chapter Ten?
3. What does Dumbledore tell Harry regarding his likeness to Voldemort?
4. What are the students saying about Harry after they find he can speak to snakes like Salazar Slytherin?
5. What goes wrong with Hermione's portion of the Polyjuice Potion?
6. What happens when Harry gives Lucius Malfoy the diary that belonged to Tom Riddle?
7. Why does Hermione volunteer to sneak into Professor Snape's storeroom?
8. What happens when Harry tells Tom Riddle that Dumbledore is the greatest wizard that ever lived and that people will always be faithful to Dumbledore.
9. How does Gilderoy Lockhart plan to boost the school moral in Chapter Thirteen?
10. What happens to the phoenix in Dumbledore's office while Harry is waiting on Dumbledore in Chapter Twelve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hagrid was expelled from the school but not imprisoned.
Part 1-Explain why Hagrid refused to tell anyone about Aragog.
Part 2-Why does Hagrid continually find large pets to take care of?
Part 3-What would have changed if Hagrid had explained about Aragog fifty years ago?
Essay Topic 2
Moaning Myrtle is obsessed with death. She seems to enjoy sitting and thinking about it.
Part 1- Do you believe that she is happy being a ghost? Explain.
Part 2- Had Moaning Myrtle not chosen to stay in the bathroom where she was killed, would Harry and Ron have had any clue about where the entrance to the chamber was?
Part 3- Myrtle says that she still has feelings. Do you think that she has feelings or that she is simply sad all the time? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Quidditch seems to be an important part of Hogwarts life. Explain the role that it plays as a symbol in the book and why it is important to Harry and to what his character is.
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)