|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do when Draco Malfoy produces a snake in the duel?
2. Why does Tom Riddle refuse to use his father's last name?
3. What does Harry find in Hermione's hand?
4. What is Colin Creevey holding in his hands when he is found petrified?
5. Who does Harry find in the secret chamber near Ginny's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goes wrong with Hermione's portion of the Polyjuice Potion?
2. When Harry gets to the Chamber of Secrets in Chapter Seventeen what does Tom Riddle tell him?
3. What happens when Harry gives Lucius Malfoy the diary that belonged to Tom Riddle?
4. What happens when Harry tells Tom Riddle that Dumbledore is the greatest wizard that ever lived and that people will always be faithful to Dumbledore.
5. What are the students saying about Harry after they find he can speak to snakes like Salazar Slytherin?
6. What happens when Draco Malfoy produces a snake during dueling class in Chapter Eleven?
7. What does Aragog tell Harry and Ron about the creature from the Chamber of Secrets?
8. What do Harry and Ron find in Hermione's hand when they go to visit her in the hospital wing in chapter Sixteen?
9. What happens to Hermione in Chapter Fourteen?
10. What does Dumbledore tell Harry while in his office in Chapter Twelve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Defence Against the Dark Arts position is said to be jinxed.
How would the story had differed if Snape had had the Dark Arts position?
What would have happened in potions class if Lockhart had been the teacher?
Given Snape's attitude and disposition do you think he would have made a good Dark Arts teacher? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
When the Chamber of Secrets was opened fifty years earlier there was a Muggle killed. At that point in time it was just Tom Riddle controlling the Basilisk. Do you think that it is possible that part of the reason that no one was killed is that Ginny was able to some very small extent to keep Tom Riddle under control while he worked through her? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Lucius Malfoy is very hard on his son. He openly rebukes him for not being smarter than Hermione, a Mudblood, but then buys him new equipment to ensure he is put on the Slytherin Quidditch team.
Part 1-Explain their relationship.
Part 2-Do you think that Draco could do anything to fully make his father proud?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)