|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harry find in the secret chamber near Ginny's body?
2. Why is Moaning Myrtle crying?
3. What article of clothing do Ron and Harry take from Crabbe and Goyle?
4. What does Hermione give Ron and Harry that is intended to keep Crabbe and Goyle away while they use the transformation potions?
5. What is in the newspaper article that Draco's father sends him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dumbledore tell Harry while in his office in Chapter Twelve?
2. What are the pros and cons of the Polyjuice Potion that Hermione, Ron and Harry intend to brew?
3. What does Dumbledore tell Harry regarding his likeness to Voldemort?
4. What does Aragog tell Harry and Ron about the creature from the Chamber of Secrets?
5. What happens to the phoenix in Dumbledore's office while Harry is waiting on Dumbledore in Chapter Twelve?
6. What do Harry and Ron overhear the teachers talking about in Chapter Sixteen regarding the Chamber of Secrets?
7. Why does Hermione volunteer to sneak into Professor Snape's storeroom?
8. How does Harry distract Snape while Hermione retrieves the needed ingredients?
9. Who are the two people removed from the school in Chapter Fourteen? What happens to them?
10. What are some of the presents Harry gets for Christmas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The phoenix appears after Harry proclaims his devotion to Dumbledore in the Chamber of Secrets. What does the phoenix symbolize in the story? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The Dursleys treat Harry very foul and give him nothing more than a toothpick for Christmas. Explain why they don't let Harry stay with the Weasleys and why they would rather have him locked in his room than to be at Ron's house.
How would the story have been different if Harry had been appreciated a little more at home?
Essay Topic 3
The Weasley children are all very different. Explain the importance of the differences between Percey, Ginny, Ron, and the twins George and Fred. Did each of these characters play an important role on Harry in the book? Explain.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)