|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first one to find Ron and Harry wandering in the halls while they are in the form of Crabbe and Goyle?
2. What does the phoenix, Fawkes, drop at Harry's feet in the Chamber of Secrets that amuses Tom Riddle?
3. Why does Hermione say it's bad that Harry can talk to snakes?
4. Why does Draco Malfoy not see the Golden Snitch when it was by his ear?
5. Why is Moaning Myrtle crying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Harry and Ron overhear the teachers talking about in Chapter Sixteen regarding the Chamber of Secrets?
2. How does Gilderoy Lockhart plan to boost the school moral in Chapter Thirteen?
3. What are some of the presents Harry gets for Christmas?
4. How does Harry distract Snape while Hermione retrieves the needed ingredients?
5. What goes wrong with Hermione's portion of the Polyjuice Potion?
6. What happens when Harry gives Lucius Malfoy the diary that belonged to Tom Riddle?
7. What happens when Draco Malfoy produces a snake during dueling class in Chapter Eleven?
8. What does Aragog tell Harry and Ron about the creature from the Chamber of Secrets?
9. What happens when Harry tells Tom Riddle that Dumbledore is the greatest wizard that ever lived and that people will always be faithful to Dumbledore.
10. What do Harry and Ron find in Hermione's hand when they go to visit her in the hospital wing in chapter Sixteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Chamber of Secrets had been opened only fifty years ago. Many of the people at Hogwarts, such as the ghosts and teachers, were around at that time.
Part 1-Describe why they were so quick to dismiss the fact that the chamber was a myth and didn't exist.
Part 2-How would things have been different if the Chamber of Secrets had been taken as a more serious threat in the beginning?
Essay Topic 2
Hagrid was expelled from the school but not imprisoned.
Part 1-Explain why Hagrid refused to tell anyone about Aragog.
Part 2-Why does Hagrid continually find large pets to take care of?
Part 3-What would have changed if Hagrid had explained about Aragog fifty years ago?
Essay Topic 3
Ginny had been acting oddly from the beginning of the story due to the fact that she has feelings for Harry.
Part 1-How would the story have been different if she hadn't had feelings for Harry?
Part 2-Would someone have noticed sooner that she was acting strangely because of the diary if she had not been preoccupied with Harry?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)