|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Hermione, Ron and Harry go to read the Moste Potente Potions book?
2. What would happen to Dobby if his master gave him a single article of clothing?
3. What does Harry find in Hermione's hand?
4. What does Professor McGonagall say into the megaphone when she steps out onto the Quidditch field?
5. What does Hermione wake Harry and Ron up early to tell them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the presents Harry gets for Christmas?
2. What happens when Harry gives Lucius Malfoy the diary that belonged to Tom Riddle?
3. What do Harry and Ron find in Hermione's hand when they go to visit her in the hospital wing in chapter Sixteen?
4. What do Harry and Ron overhear the teachers talking about in Chapter Sixteen regarding the Chamber of Secrets?
5. What does Dumbledore tell Harry while in his office in Chapter Twelve?
6. What does Dobby reveal to Harry when he comes to see him in the hospital wing in Chapter Ten?
7. What goes wrong with Hermione's portion of the Polyjuice Potion?
8. How does Harry distract Snape while Hermione retrieves the needed ingredients?
9. What happens when Harry tells Tom Riddle that Dumbledore is the greatest wizard that ever lived and that people will always be faithful to Dumbledore.
10. What do Harry and Ron find when they follow the spiders into the Forbidden Forest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Moaning Myrtle is obsessed with death. She seems to enjoy sitting and thinking about it.
Part 1- Do you believe that she is happy being a ghost? Explain.
Part 2- Had Moaning Myrtle not chosen to stay in the bathroom where she was killed, would Harry and Ron have had any clue about where the entrance to the chamber was?
Part 3- Myrtle says that she still has feelings. Do you think that she has feelings or that she is simply sad all the time? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Hagrid was expelled from the school but not imprisoned.
Part 1-Explain why Hagrid refused to tell anyone about Aragog.
Part 2-Why does Hagrid continually find large pets to take care of?
Part 3-What would have changed if Hagrid had explained about Aragog fifty years ago?
Essay Topic 3
Quidditch seems to be an important part of Hogwarts life. Explain the role that it plays as a symbol in the book and why it is important to Harry and to what his character is.
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)