|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What article of clothing do Ron and Harry take from Crabbe and Goyle?
2. What does Hermione give Ron and Harry that is intended to keep Crabbe and Goyle away while they use the transformation potions?
3. What teacher takes Harry Potter to Dumbledore after he is found at the scene of another attack?
4. What goes wrong when Hermione takes the Polyjuice Potion?
5. What does the head spider, Aragog, tell Harry about the creature that comes from the Chamber of Secrets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aragog tell Harry and Ron about the creature from the Chamber of Secrets?
2. What happens to the phoenix in Dumbledore's office while Harry is waiting on Dumbledore in Chapter Twelve?
3. What do Harry and Ron find when they follow the spiders into the Forbidden Forest?
4. Who are the two people removed from the school in Chapter Fourteen? What happens to them?
5. What are the pros and cons of the Polyjuice Potion that Hermione, Ron and Harry intend to brew?
6. In Chapter Thirteen why has Moaning Myrtle flooded the bathroom and been crying?
7. What does Dumbledore tell Harry while in his office in Chapter Twelve?
8. What happens to Hermione in Chapter Fourteen?
9. How does Harry distract Snape while Hermione retrieves the needed ingredients?
10. Explain how Hermione, Ron and Harry get Lockhart to sign a permission form for them to retrieve a book from the restricted section of the library.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Moaning Myrtle is obsessed with death. She seems to enjoy sitting and thinking about it.
Part 1- Do you believe that she is happy being a ghost? Explain.
Part 2- Had Moaning Myrtle not chosen to stay in the bathroom where she was killed, would Harry and Ron have had any clue about where the entrance to the chamber was?
Part 3- Myrtle says that she still has feelings. Do you think that she has feelings or that she is simply sad all the time? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The Weasley children are all very different. Explain the importance of the differences between Percey, Ginny, Ron, and the twins George and Fred. Did each of these characters play an important role on Harry in the book? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
There are things in the book that point strongly in the direction of the Chamber of Secrets and the monster that lies within--Ginny and her odd behavior, the voice that only Harry can hear, and Moaning Myrtle. Take away one of these and explain how it would have changed the rest of the story and what it added to have it included.
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)