|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first one to find Ron and Harry wandering in the halls while they are in the form of Crabbe and Goyle?
2. What article of clothing do Ron and Harry take from Crabbe and Goyle?
3. What does Professor McGonagall say into the megaphone when she steps out onto the Quidditch field?
4. What does Harry find in Hermione's hand?
5. Who has been taken into the Chamber of Secrets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dobby reveal to Harry when he comes to see him in the hospital wing in Chapter Ten?
2. What happens when Harry tells Tom Riddle that Dumbledore is the greatest wizard that ever lived and that people will always be faithful to Dumbledore.
3. What do Harry and Ron overhear the teachers talking about in Chapter Sixteen regarding the Chamber of Secrets?
4. In Chapter Thirteen why has Moaning Myrtle flooded the bathroom and been crying?
5. How does Gilderoy Lockhart plan to boost the school moral in Chapter Thirteen?
6. What does Harry hear while lying in the hospital wing when Dumbledore brings in a petrified Collin Creevey?
7. Explain how Hermione, Ron and Harry get Lockhart to sign a permission form for them to retrieve a book from the restricted section of the library.
8. What happens to the phoenix in Dumbledore's office while Harry is waiting on Dumbledore in Chapter Twelve?
9. Why does Hermione volunteer to sneak into Professor Snape's storeroom?
10. What does Aragog tell Harry and Ron about the creature from the Chamber of Secrets?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Dobby's frame of mind that tore him between loyalty to his family and a desire to help Harry Potter. Which do you feel was stronger? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Gilderoy Lockhart's effect on the other teachers at the school.
Part 1-Had Lockhart not been there, would Harry and Ron have gone into the Chamber by themselves?
Part 2-What would have been different in the story if Lockhart had not been there? Remember that Lockhart suggested the dueling club and was the cause of other situations.
Essay Topic 3
Dumbledore says in the story that it is not a question of who opened the chamber but how. Later when Harry saves Ginny, Dumbledore doesn't seem surprised by the fact that it was Tom Riddle. Dumbledore also was said to have kept a close eye on Tom Riddle while he was in school. Given the information, did Dumbledore know that it was Tom Riddle that was responsible? Explain your answer.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)