|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harry find in the secret chamber near Ginny's body?
2. Who decides he/she would be best for stealing the needed potion ingredients out of Snape's storeroom?
3. What do Harry and Ron find when they open the diary?
4. What goes wrong when Hermione takes the Polyjuice Potion?
5. What does Dumbledore tell Harry about the Phoenix's tears?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Hermione in Chapter Fourteen?
2. What happens when Draco Malfoy produces a snake during dueling class in Chapter Eleven?
3. What happens when Harry tells Tom Riddle that Dumbledore is the greatest wizard that ever lived and that people will always be faithful to Dumbledore.
4. When Harry gets to the Chamber of Secrets in Chapter Seventeen what does Tom Riddle tell him?
5. What does Dumbledore tell Harry while in his office in Chapter Twelve?
6. Explain how Hermione, Ron and Harry get Lockhart to sign a permission form for them to retrieve a book from the restricted section of the library.
7. Why does Hermione volunteer to sneak into Professor Snape's storeroom?
8. How does Gilderoy Lockhart plan to boost the school moral in Chapter Thirteen?
9. What does Dumbledore tell Harry regarding his likeness to Voldemort?
10. How does Harry distract Snape while Hermione retrieves the needed ingredients?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hagrid was expelled from the school but not imprisoned.
Part 1-Explain why Hagrid refused to tell anyone about Aragog.
Part 2-Why does Hagrid continually find large pets to take care of?
Part 3-What would have changed if Hagrid had explained about Aragog fifty years ago?
Essay Topic 2
The Dursleys treat Harry very foul and give him nothing more than a toothpick for Christmas. Explain why they don't let Harry stay with the Weasleys and why they would rather have him locked in his room than to be at Ron's house.
How would the story have been different if Harry had been appreciated a little more at home?
Essay Topic 3
Dumbledore says in the story that it is not a question of who opened the chamber but how. Later when Harry saves Ginny, Dumbledore doesn't seem surprised by the fact that it was Tom Riddle. Dumbledore also was said to have kept a close eye on Tom Riddle while he was in school. Given the information, did Dumbledore know that it was Tom Riddle that was responsible? Explain your answer.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)