|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dumbledore tell Harry to look closely at for proof that he belongs in Gryffindor house?
2. What do Harry and Ron find Lockhart doing when they go to give him information about the Chamber of Secrets after Lockhart volunteered to enter the chamber to get Ginny back?
3. What does Hedwig bring Harry from the Dursleys?
4. Who are the two professors that are teaching the Dueling Club?
5. What happens when Goyle's potion hits Draco Malfoy in the face?
Essay Topic 1
The Weasley children are all very different. Explain the importance of the differences between Percey, Ginny, Ron, and the twins George and Fred. Did each of these characters play an important role on Harry in the book? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Moaning Myrtle is obsessed with death. She seems to enjoy sitting and thinking about it.
Part 1- Do you believe that she is happy being a ghost? Explain.
Part 2- Had Moaning Myrtle not chosen to stay in the bathroom where she was killed, would Harry and Ron have had any clue about where the entrance to the chamber was?
Part 3- Myrtle says that she still has feelings. Do you think that she has feelings or that she is simply sad all the time? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The Defence Against the Dark Arts position is said to be jinxed.
How would the story had differed if Snape had had the Dark Arts position?
What would have happened in potions class if Lockhart had been the teacher?
Given Snape's attitude and disposition do you think he would have made a good Dark Arts teacher? Explain.
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)