|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been taken into the Chamber of Secrets?
2. What does Harry find in Hermione's hand?
3. Who does Tom Riddle tell Harry opened the chamber of secrets fifty years ago?
4. What does Hedwig bring Harry from the Dursleys?
5. What do Harry and Ron find when they open the diary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dumbledore tell Harry regarding his likeness to Voldemort?
2. What happens when Draco Malfoy produces a snake during dueling class in Chapter Eleven?
3. In Chapter Thirteen why has Moaning Myrtle flooded the bathroom and been crying?
4. Explain how Hermione, Ron and Harry get Lockhart to sign a permission form for them to retrieve a book from the restricted section of the library.
5. What do Harry and Ron find in Hermione's hand when they go to visit her in the hospital wing in chapter Sixteen?
6. How does Gilderoy Lockhart plan to boost the school moral in Chapter Thirteen?
7. What goes wrong with Hermione's portion of the Polyjuice Potion?
8. When Harry gets to the Chamber of Secrets in Chapter Seventeen what does Tom Riddle tell him?
9. Why does Hermione volunteer to sneak into Professor Snape's storeroom?
10. Who are the two people removed from the school in Chapter Fourteen? What happens to them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When the Chamber of Secrets was opened fifty years earlier there was a Muggle killed. At that point in time it was just Tom Riddle controlling the Basilisk. Do you think that it is possible that part of the reason that no one was killed is that Ginny was able to some very small extent to keep Tom Riddle under control while he worked through her? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Dumbledore says in the story that it is not a question of who opened the chamber but how. Later when Harry saves Ginny, Dumbledore doesn't seem surprised by the fact that it was Tom Riddle. Dumbledore also was said to have kept a close eye on Tom Riddle while he was in school. Given the information, did Dumbledore know that it was Tom Riddle that was responsible? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The Weasley children are all very different. Explain the importance of the differences between Percey, Ginny, Ron, and the twins George and Fred. Did each of these characters play an important role on Harry in the book? Explain.
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)