|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What goes wrong when Hermione takes the Polyjuice Potion?
2. What does Dumbledore tell Harry about the Phoenix's tears?
3. What saves Harry and Ron from the spiders?
4. Who does Tom Riddle tell Harry opened the chamber of secrets fifty years ago?
5. What does Lockhart do while trying to show Harry how to block an unfriendly spell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Quidditch seems to be an important part of Hogwarts life. Explain the role that it plays as a symbol in the book and why it is important to Harry and to what his character is.
Essay Topic 2
Hermione puts her schooling in danger by mixing the Polyjuice Potion. Explain the reason she was so willing to get into trouble making the potion. Is it possible that part of the reason she was willing to make the potion was because of the thrill of breaking the rules or to get revenge on Draco for calling her a Mudblood? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Harry had more than one opportunity to explain to Dumbledore about the voice that he was hearing that no one else seemed to hear. Was Harry right in keeping this to himself? Could he have told Dumbledore? Explain.
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)