|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Colin Creevey holding in his hands when he is found petrified?
2. What does Harry and Ron find in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom?
3. Who has been taken into the Chamber of Secrets?
4. What wakes Harry up while he is in the hospital wing?
5. What does Hermione give Ron and Harry that is intended to keep Crabbe and Goyle away while they use the transformation potions?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Harry gets to the Chamber of Secrets in Chapter Seventeen what does Tom Riddle tell him?
2. What happens to Hermione in Chapter Fourteen?
3. What happens when Harry tells Tom Riddle that Dumbledore is the greatest wizard that ever lived and that people will always be faithful to Dumbledore.
4. What do Harry and Ron find when they follow the spiders into the Forbidden Forest?
5. What does Dumbledore tell Harry while in his office in Chapter Twelve?
6. Why does Hermione volunteer to sneak into Professor Snape's storeroom?
7. In Chapter Thirteen why has Moaning Myrtle flooded the bathroom and been crying?
8. What happens when Harry gives Lucius Malfoy the diary that belonged to Tom Riddle?
9. What does Dumbledore tell Harry regarding his likeness to Voldemort?
10. What are the pros and cons of the Polyjuice Potion that Hermione, Ron and Harry intend to brew?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Weasley children are all very different. Explain the importance of the differences between Percey, Ginny, Ron, and the twins George and Fred. Did each of these characters play an important role on Harry in the book? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Hagrid was expelled from the school but not imprisoned.
Part 1-Explain why Hagrid refused to tell anyone about Aragog.
Part 2-Why does Hagrid continually find large pets to take care of?
Part 3-What would have changed if Hagrid had explained about Aragog fifty years ago?
Essay Topic 3
Ginny had been acting oddly from the beginning of the story due to the fact that she has feelings for Harry.
Part 1-How would the story have been different if she hadn't had feelings for Harry?
Part 2-Would someone have noticed sooner that she was acting strangely because of the diary if she had not been preoccupied with Harry?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)