|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hermione say it's bad that Harry can talk to snakes?
2. Who starts to tell Harry and Ron something before they are interrupted by Percy Weasley?
3. Who are the two professors that are teaching the Dueling Club?
4. What does Harry do when Draco Malfoy produces a snake in the duel?
5. What does Dobby tell Harry he gets five times a day at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Hermione, Ron and Harry get Lockhart to sign a permission form for them to retrieve a book from the restricted section of the library.
2. What do Harry and Ron find in Hermione's hand when they go to visit her in the hospital wing in chapter Sixteen?
3. What happens to Hermione in Chapter Fourteen?
4. What are the students saying about Harry after they find he can speak to snakes like Salazar Slytherin?
5. What happens to the phoenix in Dumbledore's office while Harry is waiting on Dumbledore in Chapter Twelve?
6. Why does Hermione volunteer to sneak into Professor Snape's storeroom?
7. What does Harry hear while lying in the hospital wing when Dumbledore brings in a petrified Collin Creevey?
8. What goes wrong with Hermione's portion of the Polyjuice Potion?
9. What does Dumbledore tell Harry while in his office in Chapter Twelve?
10. What does Aragog tell Harry and Ron about the creature from the Chamber of Secrets?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Dobby's frame of mind that tore him between loyalty to his family and a desire to help Harry Potter. Which do you feel was stronger? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Ginny had been acting oddly from the beginning of the story due to the fact that she has feelings for Harry.
Part 1-How would the story have been different if she hadn't had feelings for Harry?
Part 2-Would someone have noticed sooner that she was acting strangely because of the diary if she had not been preoccupied with Harry?
Essay Topic 3
Dumbledore says in the story that it is not a question of who opened the chamber but how. Later when Harry saves Ginny, Dumbledore doesn't seem surprised by the fact that it was Tom Riddle. Dumbledore also was said to have kept a close eye on Tom Riddle while he was in school. Given the information, did Dumbledore know that it was Tom Riddle that was responsible? Explain your answer.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)