|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the newspaper article that Draco's father sends him?
2. What does Harry put into the diary before he gives it back to Lucius Malfoy?
3. When Harry sees some spiders walking in a straight line where does he realize they are heading?
4. What does Ginny say she caught Percy doing that he told her to keep secret?
5. What is the password to enter the Slytherin Tower?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Weasley children are all very different. Explain the importance of the differences between Percey, Ginny, Ron, and the twins George and Fred. Did each of these characters play an important role on Harry in the book? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Gilderoy Lockhart's effect on the other teachers at the school.
Part 1-Had Lockhart not been there, would Harry and Ron have gone into the Chamber by themselves?
Part 2-What would have been different in the story if Lockhart had not been there? Remember that Lockhart suggested the dueling club and was the cause of other situations.
Essay Topic 3
When the Chamber of Secrets was opened fifty years earlier there was a Muggle killed. At that point in time it was just Tom Riddle controlling the Basilisk. Do you think that it is possible that part of the reason that no one was killed is that Ginny was able to some very small extent to keep Tom Riddle under control while he worked through her? Explain.
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)