|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dobby tells Harry that ________ sent the Bludger.
2. What does Harry find in Hermione's hand?
3. Why does Tom Riddle refuse to use his father's last name?
4. What does Dumbledore tell Harry about the Phoenix's tears?
5. How long does Hermione tell Ron and Harry it will be before they can have the Polyjuice Potion ready?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the phoenix in Dumbledore's office while Harry is waiting on Dumbledore in Chapter Twelve?
2. What do Harry and Ron find when they follow the spiders into the Forbidden Forest?
3. What do Harry and Ron overhear the teachers talking about in Chapter Sixteen regarding the Chamber of Secrets?
4. What do Harry and Ron find in Hermione's hand when they go to visit her in the hospital wing in chapter Sixteen?
5. What happens when Draco Malfoy produces a snake during dueling class in Chapter Eleven?
6. What goes wrong with Hermione's portion of the Polyjuice Potion?
7. What does Aragog tell Harry and Ron about the creature from the Chamber of Secrets?
8. Explain how Hermione, Ron and Harry get Lockhart to sign a permission form for them to retrieve a book from the restricted section of the library.
9. What does Dobby reveal to Harry when he comes to see him in the hospital wing in Chapter Ten?
10. What does Dumbledore tell Harry while in his office in Chapter Twelve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the significance of Hermione being called a Mudblood before the attacks began. Would it have had the same impact if it had been explained later in the book? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The Weasley children are all very different. Explain the importance of the differences between Percey, Ginny, Ron, and the twins George and Fred. Did each of these characters play an important role on Harry in the book? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Dumbledore says in the story that it is not a question of who opened the chamber but how. Later when Harry saves Ginny, Dumbledore doesn't seem surprised by the fact that it was Tom Riddle. Dumbledore also was said to have kept a close eye on Tom Riddle while he was in school. Given the information, did Dumbledore know that it was Tom Riddle that was responsible? Explain your answer.
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)