Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Myrtle live?
2. Why does Oliver Wood wake Harry up at daybreak on Saturday?
3. What does Mr. Weasley install on the car in case they want to fly it?
4. How long does Dobby say he must serve his wizarding family?
5. How do Harry and Ron get to Hogwarts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the difference between the treatment that Harry and Dudley receive from Petunia and Vernon Dursley as outlined in Chapter One.
2. McGonagall finds Harry and Ron and tells them what their detention punishment will be. Harry will help Lockhart sign his fan mail and Ron will polish trophies without using magic. Are these detentions appropriate for them? Why or why not?
3. What does Harry see while he is hiding in the Borgin and Burkes Shop on Knockturn Alley.
4. How does Harry distract Snape while Hermione retrieves the needed ingredients?
5. What does Dumbledore tell Harry while in his office in Chapter Twelve?
6. How does Gilderoy Lockhart plan to boost the school moral in Chapter Thirteen?
7. What does Dumbledore tell Harry regarding his likeness to Voldemort?
8. Why does Hermione volunteer to sneak into Professor Snape's storeroom?
9. Describe Gilderoy Lockhart.
10. When Harry gets to the Chamber of Secrets in Chapter Seventeen what does Tom Riddle tell him?
Essay Topic 1
The Weasley children are all very different. Explain the importance of the differences between Percey, Ginny, Ron, and the twins George and Fred. Did each of these characters play an important role on Harry in the book? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Hagrid was expelled from the school but not imprisoned.
Part 1-Explain why Hagrid refused to tell anyone about Aragog.
Part 2-Why does Hagrid continually find large pets to take care of?
Part 3-What would have changed if Hagrid had explained about Aragog fifty years ago?
Essay Topic 3
Hermione puts her schooling in danger by mixing the Polyjuice Potion. Explain the reason she was so willing to get into trouble making the potion. Is it possible that part of the reason she was willing to make the potion was because of the thrill of breaking the rules or to get revenge on Draco for calling her a Mudblood? Explain.
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)