|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the new Seeker on the Slytherin team?
2. Who freezes the pixies with a charm?
3. What does Mr. Weasley install on the car in case they want to fly it?
4. What is Gilderoy Lockhart doing at the bookshop?
5. What does Hagrid say he is looking for in Knockturn Alley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the two people removed from the school in Chapter Fourteen? What happens to them?
2. Draco Malfoy calls Hermione a Mudblood in Chapter Seven. Given the reaction to what is said, explain the significance of the term and what its description would be.
3. In Chapter Five what does Gilderoy Lockhart say is the cause for Harry flying the car to school?
4. Describe Ginny Weasley.
5. In Chapter Thirteen why has Moaning Myrtle flooded the bathroom and been crying?
6. Why does Harry not tell the professors about the voice he hears?
7. Explain why Vernon Dursley is so excited to receive the letter from the Improper Use of Magic Office after Dobby breaks Petunia's pudding dessert in Chapter Two.
8. What are the things that Professor Snape tells Ron and Harry they are in trouble for doing?
9. What does Harry hear while lying in the hospital wing when Dumbledore brings in a petrified Collin Creevey?
10. What does Dobby reveal to Harry when he comes to see him in the hospital wing in Chapter Ten?
Essay Topic 1
Dumbledore says in the story that it is not a question of who opened the chamber but how. Later when Harry saves Ginny, Dumbledore doesn't seem surprised by the fact that it was Tom Riddle. Dumbledore also was said to have kept a close eye on Tom Riddle while he was in school. Given the information, did Dumbledore know that it was Tom Riddle that was responsible? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Dobby's frame of mind that tore him between loyalty to his family and a desire to help Harry Potter. Which do you feel was stronger? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Lucius Malfoy is very hard on his son. He openly rebukes him for not being smarter than Hermione, a Mudblood, but then buys him new equipment to ensure he is put on the Slytherin Quidditch team.
Part 1-Explain their relationship.
Part 2-Do you think that Draco could do anything to fully make his father proud?
This section contains 1,993 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)