|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the new Seeker on the Slytherin team?
2. What lives in their attic according to Ron?
3. Who does Harry think of first when they are naming people that might play a trick on Harry?
4. Why does Harry tell Fred and George to look out for the bottom stair step?
5. What does Harry find wrong with his bed when he gets to his room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Weasley house.
2. Explain the relationship between Collin Creevey and Harry Potter as seen in Chapter Seven.
3. Describe the reaction Vernon has when he realizes that Harry is escaping with Ron and his brothers. Do you think his reaction is odd? Why or why not.
4. In Chapter One there is something worrying Harry regarding Hogwarts. What is it?
5. Describe the type of student that Hermione is from the description given in Chapter Six.
6. What does Harry see while he is hiding in the Borgin and Burkes Shop on Knockturn Alley.
7. Give one word that explains Vernon Dursley's reaction when Harry says "magic" in Chapter One. Explain why you have given this word.
8. Describe the difference between the treatment that Harry and Dudley receive from Petunia and Vernon Dursley as outlined in Chapter One.
9. Describe Fred and George and their appearance in Chapter Three.
10. Describe Ginny Weasley.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lucius Malfoy is very hard on his son. He openly rebukes him for not being smarter than Hermione, a Mudblood, but then buys him new equipment to ensure he is put on the Slytherin Quidditch team.
Part 1-Explain their relationship.
Part 2-Do you think that Draco could do anything to fully make his father proud?
Essay Topic 2
Hermione puts her schooling in danger by mixing the Polyjuice Potion. Explain the reason she was so willing to get into trouble making the potion. Is it possible that part of the reason she was willing to make the potion was because of the thrill of breaking the rules or to get revenge on Draco for calling her a Mudblood? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Moaning Myrtle is obsessed with death. She seems to enjoy sitting and thinking about it.
Part 1- Do you believe that she is happy being a ghost? Explain.
Part 2- Had Moaning Myrtle not chosen to stay in the bathroom where she was killed, would Harry and Ron have had any clue about where the entrance to the chamber was?
Part 3- Myrtle says that she still has feelings. Do you think that she has feelings or that she is simply sad all the time? Explain.
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)