|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Harry told to be when the Masons arrive?
2. Where is Dudley told he will be when the Masons arrive for dinner?
3. Why does Oliver Wood wake Harry up at daybreak on Saturday?
4. What important item does Harry almost forget until it makes noise?
5. What does Ron say, to tease Harry, that Ginny Weasley and Colin Creevey might start?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.
2. In Chapter Five what does Gilderoy Lockhart say is the cause for Harry flying the car to school?
3. From what Dobby tells Harry in Chapter Two there is danger waiting at Hogwarts although he does not explain to Harry what that danger is. Do you think that Dobby could have told Harry anything that would have kept him from leaving the Durlseys and returning to Hogwarts? Explain.
4. What are the things that Professor Snape tells Ron and Harry they are in trouble for doing?
5. Describe the difference between the treatment that Harry and Dudley receive from Petunia and Vernon Dursley as outlined in Chapter One.
6. What is Filch's reaction when he finds Mrs. Norris, his cat, petrified?
7. Describe the type of student that Hermione is from the description given in Chapter Six.
8. Explain how Harry feels about the fortune that his parents left him that is held in Gringotts in London.
9. What does Professor Binns tell the students about the Chamber of Secrets?
10. Draco Malfoy calls Hermione a Mudblood in Chapter Seven. Given the reaction to what is said, explain the significance of the term and what its description would be.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The main character in the story is Harry with Ron and Hermione always close by him in some regard. Describe the differences between the characters and their likenesses. Look at their characteristics and their backgrounds and explain why they work so effectively with each other.
Essay Topic 2
Quidditch seems to be an important part of Hogwarts life. Explain the role that it plays as a symbol in the book and why it is important to Harry and to what his character is.
Essay Topic 3
The Chamber of Secrets had been opened only fifty years ago. Many of the people at Hogwarts, such as the ghosts and teachers, were around at that time.
Part 1-Describe why they were so quick to dismiss the fact that the chamber was a myth and didn't exist.
Part 2-How would things have been different if the Chamber of Secrets had been taken as a more serious threat in the beginning?
This section contains 1,297 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)