|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dobby do that gets Harry in trouble with his Uncle Vernon?
2. Who does Ron think knows about the Chamber of Secrets?
3. Who does Harry and Hermione take Ron to see when he curses himself?
4. How many letters has Harry received from his friends over the holidays?
5. How do they travel to Diagon Alley to get school supplies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Filch from the description given when he takes Harry into his office in Chapter Eight. Why does he let Harry go without punishment?
2. Give one word that explains Vernon Dursley's reaction when Harry says "magic" in Chapter One. Explain why you have given this word.
3. Describe Harry's feelings for Hogwarts, his school, as compared to the Dursley house where he lives with his aunt and uncle from what is detailed in Chapter One.
4. Describe Serverous Snape and the description that Ron and Harry give him in Chapter Five.
5. What is the reaction from those that find the petrified cat and the message on the wall stating that the heir of Slytherin has returned?
6. Describe Fred and George and their appearance in Chapter Three.
7. Describe Ginny Weasley.
8. Describe Dobby the House Elf's character when he arrives in Chapter Two.
9. Draco Malfoy calls Hermione a Mudblood in Chapter Seven. Given the reaction to what is said, explain the significance of the term and what its description would be.
10. Why does Harry not tell the professors about the voice he hears?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hermione puts her schooling in danger by mixing the Polyjuice Potion. Explain the reason she was so willing to get into trouble making the potion. Is it possible that part of the reason she was willing to make the potion was because of the thrill of breaking the rules or to get revenge on Draco for calling her a Mudblood? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the significance of Hermione being called a Mudblood before the attacks began. Would it have had the same impact if it had been explained later in the book? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Take a close look at the Durlseys and the Weasleys as a family entity. What are the differences? What are the similarities? Explain
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)