|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Filch say that Harry knows that he is?
2. What does Nearly Headless Nick ask Harry to do as a favor?
3. What does Harry do with Dobby when Uncle Vernon comes into the room to tell Harry to be quiet?
4. What is wrong with Harry's owl?
5. Who is visiting Hagrid when Harry and Hermione get Ron to his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harry not tell the professors about the voice he hears?
2. Describe Dobby the House Elf's character when he arrives in Chapter Two.
3. In Chapter One there is something worrying Harry regarding Hogwarts. What is it?
4. What is the reaction from those that find the petrified cat and the message on the wall stating that the heir of Slytherin has returned?
5. Describe the Weasley house.
6. Describe Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.
7. Who do Harry, Ron, and Hermione seem to think would be a possibility for the Heir Slytherin in Chapter Nine and why?
8. Explain Harry's reaction when he hears the voice in Chapter Seven while serving detention.
9. What is confusing to Harry when he hears the voice in the hall before they find the petrified cat?
10. Describe Serverous Snape and the description that Ron and Harry give him in Chapter Five.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Gilderoy Lockhart's effect on the other teachers at the school.
Part 1-Had Lockhart not been there, would Harry and Ron have gone into the Chamber by themselves?
Part 2-What would have been different in the story if Lockhart had not been there? Remember that Lockhart suggested the dueling club and was the cause of other situations.
Essay Topic 2
The Chamber of Secrets had been opened only fifty years ago. Many of the people at Hogwarts, such as the ghosts and teachers, were around at that time.
Part 1-Describe why they were so quick to dismiss the fact that the chamber was a myth and didn't exist.
Part 2-How would things have been different if the Chamber of Secrets had been taken as a more serious threat in the beginning?
Essay Topic 3
When the Chamber of Secrets was opened fifty years earlier there was a Muggle killed. At that point in time it was just Tom Riddle controlling the Basilisk. Do you think that it is possible that part of the reason that no one was killed is that Ginny was able to some very small extent to keep Tom Riddle under control while he worked through her? Explain.
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)