Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Myrtle live?
2. Why does Oliver Wood wake Harry up at daybreak on Saturday?
3. What does Mr. Weasley install on the car in case they want to fly it?
4. How long does Dobby say he must serve his wizarding family?
5. How do Harry and Ron get to Hogwarts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the difference between the treatment that Harry and Dudley receive from Petunia and Vernon Dursley as outlined in Chapter One.
2. McGonagall finds Harry and Ron and tells them what their detention punishment will be. Harry will help Lockhart sign his fan mail and Ron will polish trophies without using magic. Are these detentions appropriate for them? Why or why not?
3. What does Harry see while he is hiding in the Borgin and Burkes Shop on Knockturn Alley.
4. How does Harry distract Snape while Hermione retrieves the needed ingredients?
5. What does Dumbledore tell Harry while in his office in Chapter Twelve?
6. How does Gilderoy Lockhart plan to boost the school moral in Chapter Thirteen?
7. What does Dumbledore tell Harry regarding his likeness to Voldemort?
8. Why does Hermione volunteer to sneak into Professor Snape's storeroom?
9. Describe Gilderoy Lockhart.
10. When Harry gets to the Chamber of Secrets in Chapter Seventeen what does Tom Riddle tell him?
Essay Topic 1
Harry had more than one opportunity to explain to Dumbledore about the voice that he was hearing that no one else seemed to hear. Was Harry right in keeping this to himself? Could he have told Dumbledore? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Hermione puts her schooling in danger by mixing the Polyjuice Potion. Explain the reason she was so willing to get into trouble making the potion. Is it possible that part of the reason she was willing to make the potion was because of the thrill of breaking the rules or to get revenge on Draco for calling her a Mudblood? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the significance of Hermione being called a Mudblood before the attacks began. Would it have had the same impact if it had been explained later in the book? Why?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)