|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilderoy Lockhart let go in the class room and leave the students to catch?
2. Why does Oliver Wood wake Harry up at daybreak on Saturday?
3. What do the boys say about a family that would be able to own a House Elf?
4. What does Ron get during breakfast from his mother?
5. To what do Fred and George feed a Filibuster firework?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Deathday party for Nearly Headless Nick.
2. What does Harry see while he is hiding in the Borgin and Burkes Shop on Knockturn Alley.
3. Describe Serverous Snape and the description that Ron and Harry give him in Chapter Five.
4. Draco Malfoy calls Hermione a Mudblood in Chapter Seven. Given the reaction to what is said, explain the significance of the term and what its description would be.
5. What is Filch's reaction when he finds Mrs. Norris, his cat, petrified?
6. Describe Mr. Filch from the description given when he takes Harry into his office in Chapter Eight. Why does he let Harry go without punishment?
7. Explain the relationship between Collin Creevey and Harry Potter as seen in Chapter Seven.
8. Describe Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.
9. Describe the type of student that Hermione is from the description given in Chapter Six.
10. What is the reaction that Harry and Ron receive from the other students in the Gryffindor House when they enter it after leaving Professor McGonagall's office in Chapter Five?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When the Chamber of Secrets was opened fifty years earlier there was a Muggle killed. At that point in time it was just Tom Riddle controlling the Basilisk. Do you think that it is possible that part of the reason that no one was killed is that Ginny was able to some very small extent to keep Tom Riddle under control while he worked through her? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The Chamber of Secrets had been opened only fifty years ago. Many of the people at Hogwarts, such as the ghosts and teachers, were around at that time.
Part 1-Describe why they were so quick to dismiss the fact that the chamber was a myth and didn't exist.
Part 2-How would things have been different if the Chamber of Secrets had been taken as a more serious threat in the beginning?
Essay Topic 3
Quidditch seems to be an important part of Hogwarts life. Explain the role that it plays as a symbol in the book and why it is important to Harry and to what his character is.
This section contains 1,264 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)