|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Fred and George get to Harry's magic items that have been locked up in the cupboard?
2. What has Hermione drawn on her schedule next to Gilderoy Lockhart's lessons?
3. Who shows up outside Harry's window after Harry has been locked in his room?
4. What does Ron's brother Charlie do?
5. What does Dudley say to Harry that makes him the most upset?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the things that Professor Snape tells Ron and Harry they are in trouble for doing?
2. Explain the relationship between Collin Creevey and Harry Potter as seen in Chapter Seven.
3. McGonagall finds Harry and Ron and tells them what their detention punishment will be. Harry will help Lockhart sign his fan mail and Ron will polish trophies without using magic. Are these detentions appropriate for them? Why or why not?
4. What are some of the effects of the Howler letter that Ron's mother sends him in Chapter Six?
5. Describe Fred and George and their appearance in Chapter Three.
6. Describe the difference between the treatment that Harry and Dudley receive from Petunia and Vernon Dursley as outlined in Chapter One.
7. Describe Serverous Snape and the description that Ron and Harry give him in Chapter Five.
8. Describe Dobby the House Elf's character when he arrives in Chapter Two.
9. Describe the Ford Anglia that Mr. Weasley has enchanted and how it drives in Chapter Five when Ron drives it to Hogwarts.
10. In Chapter Five what does Gilderoy Lockhart say is the cause for Harry flying the car to school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Gilderoy Lockhart's effect on the other teachers at the school.
Part 1-Had Lockhart not been there, would Harry and Ron have gone into the Chamber by themselves?
Part 2-What would have been different in the story if Lockhart had not been there? Remember that Lockhart suggested the dueling club and was the cause of other situations.
Essay Topic 2
The main character in the story is Harry with Ron and Hermione always close by him in some regard. Describe the differences between the characters and their likenesses. Look at their characteristics and their backgrounds and explain why they work so effectively with each other.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the significance of Hermione being called a Mudblood before the attacks began. Would it have had the same impact if it had been explained later in the book? Why?
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)