|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important item does Harry almost forget until it makes noise?
2. What attacks the car after it has crashed?
3. What does Mr. Weasley install on the car in case they want to fly it?
4. What does Harry have to do for his detention punishment?
5. Why does Gilderoy Lockhart think that Harry flew the car to Hogwarts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Harry feels about the fortune that his parents left him that is held in Gringotts in London.
2. What is the reaction that Harry and Ron receive from the other students in the Gryffindor House when they enter it after leaving Professor McGonagall's office in Chapter Five?
3. Describe Ginny Weasley.
4. In Chapter Two Harry has a dream that he is in locked in a cage. Explain how the dream explains his situation and his feelings.
5. Why does Harry not tell the professors about the voice he hears?
6. What is confusing to Harry when he hears the voice in the hall before they find the petrified cat?
7. Describe Mr. Filch from the description given when he takes Harry into his office in Chapter Eight. Why does he let Harry go without punishment?
8. Describe the Ford Anglia that Mr. Weasley has enchanted and how it drives in Chapter Five when Ron drives it to Hogwarts.
9. What does Harry see while he is hiding in the Borgin and Burkes Shop on Knockturn Alley.
10. Explain Harry's reaction when he hears the voice in Chapter Seven while serving detention.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Weasley children are all very different. Explain the importance of the differences between Percey, Ginny, Ron, and the twins George and Fred. Did each of these characters play an important role on Harry in the book? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the significance of Hermione being called a Mudblood before the attacks began. Would it have had the same impact if it had been explained later in the book? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Lucius Malfoy is very hard on his son. He openly rebukes him for not being smarter than Hermione, a Mudblood, but then buys him new equipment to ensure he is put on the Slytherin Quidditch team.
Part 1-Explain their relationship.
Part 2-Do you think that Draco could do anything to fully make his father proud?
This section contains 1,265 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)