|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Harry's owl?
2. Why does the Slytherin team get special permission from Professor Snape to practice?
3. What does Draco Malfoy call Hermione?
4. Who does Harry and Hermione take Ron to see when he curses himself?
5. What does Nearly Headless Nick ask Harry to do as a favor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the reaction Vernon has when he realizes that Harry is escaping with Ron and his brothers. Do you think his reaction is odd? Why or why not.
2. What are the things that Professor Snape tells Ron and Harry they are in trouble for doing?
3. Describe the Ford Anglia that Mr. Weasley has enchanted and how it drives in Chapter Five when Ron drives it to Hogwarts.
4. Explain the relationship between Collin Creevey and Harry Potter as seen in Chapter Seven.
5. Describe Gilderoy Lockhart.
6. What is the reaction from those that find the petrified cat and the message on the wall stating that the heir of Slytherin has returned?
7. What is Filch's reaction when he finds Mrs. Norris, his cat, petrified?
8. In Chapter Five what does Gilderoy Lockhart say is the cause for Harry flying the car to school?
9. Describe the type of student that Hermione is from the description given in Chapter Six.
10. Describe Serverous Snape and the description that Ron and Harry give him in Chapter Five.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hermione puts her schooling in danger by mixing the Polyjuice Potion. Explain the reason she was so willing to get into trouble making the potion. Is it possible that part of the reason she was willing to make the potion was because of the thrill of breaking the rules or to get revenge on Draco for calling her a Mudblood? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Take a close look at the Durlseys and the Weasleys as a family entity. What are the differences? What are the similarities? Explain
Essay Topic 3
The Chamber of Secrets had been opened only fifty years ago. Many of the people at Hogwarts, such as the ghosts and teachers, were around at that time.
Part 1-Describe why they were so quick to dismiss the fact that the chamber was a myth and didn't exist.
Part 2-How would things have been different if the Chamber of Secrets had been taken as a more serious threat in the beginning?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)