|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ron's brother Charlie do?
2. Who does Ron think knows about the Chamber of Secrets?
3. What does Mr. Weasley install on the car in case they want to fly it?
4. Who does Professor Binns say will be able to open the chamber according to the legend?
5. Who does Professor Binns say built the secret chamber in the school according to legend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.
2. Explain why Vernon Dursley is so excited to receive the letter from the Improper Use of Magic Office after Dobby breaks Petunia's pudding dessert in Chapter Two.
3. Describe the Ford Anglia that Mr. Weasley has enchanted and how it drives in Chapter Five when Ron drives it to Hogwarts.
4. Describe Gilderoy Lockhart.
5. Who do Harry, Ron, and Hermione seem to think would be a possibility for the Heir Slytherin in Chapter Nine and why?
6. Draco Malfoy calls Hermione a Mudblood in Chapter Seven. Given the reaction to what is said, explain the significance of the term and what its description would be.
7. In Chapter Five what does Gilderoy Lockhart say is the cause for Harry flying the car to school?
8. What is the reaction that Harry and Ron receive from the other students in the Gryffindor House when they enter it after leaving Professor McGonagall's office in Chapter Five?
9. Explain the relationship between Collin Creevey and Harry Potter as seen in Chapter Seven.
10. What is Filch's reaction when he finds Mrs. Norris, his cat, petrified?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Chamber of Secrets had been opened only fifty years ago. Many of the people at Hogwarts, such as the ghosts and teachers, were around at that time.
Part 1-Describe why they were so quick to dismiss the fact that the chamber was a myth and didn't exist.
Part 2-How would things have been different if the Chamber of Secrets had been taken as a more serious threat in the beginning?
Essay Topic 2
The Defence Against the Dark Arts position is said to be jinxed.
How would the story had differed if Snape had had the Dark Arts position?
What would have happened in potions class if Lockhart had been the teacher?
Given Snape's attitude and disposition do you think he would have made a good Dark Arts teacher? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Lucius Malfoy is very hard on his son. He openly rebukes him for not being smarter than Hermione, a Mudblood, but then buys him new equipment to ensure he is put on the Slytherin Quidditch team.
Part 1-Explain their relationship.
Part 2-Do you think that Draco could do anything to fully make his father proud?
This section contains 1,356 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)