|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dobby tell Harry he must not do?
2. Who is the new Seeker on the Slytherin team?
3. What is Gilderoy Lockhart doing at the bookshop?
4. How do Fred and George get to Harry's magic items that have been locked up in the cupboard?
5. Once out of the strange shop, who does Harry find that helps him to Diagon Alley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the effects of the Howler letter that Ron's mother sends him in Chapter Six?
2. Explain Harry's reaction when he hears the voice in Chapter Seven while serving detention.
3. What are the things that Professor Snape tells Ron and Harry they are in trouble for doing?
4. Explain the relationship between Collin Creevey and Harry Potter as seen in Chapter Seven.
5. Describe what happens in Gilderoy Lockhart's first class in Chapter Six. What does this reveal about his character?
6. What is the reaction from those that find the petrified cat and the message on the wall stating that the heir of Slytherin has returned?
7. Describe Dobby the House Elf's character when he arrives in Chapter Two.
8. Describe the type of student that Hermione is from the description given in Chapter Six.
9. Describe Mr. Filch from the description given when he takes Harry into his office in Chapter Eight. Why does he let Harry go without punishment?
10. Describe the Deathday party for Nearly Headless Nick.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The main character in the story is Harry with Ron and Hermione always close by him in some regard. Describe the differences between the characters and their likenesses. Look at their characteristics and their backgrounds and explain why they work so effectively with each other.
Essay Topic 2
Hagrid was expelled from the school but not imprisoned.
Part 1-Explain why Hagrid refused to tell anyone about Aragog.
Part 2-Why does Hagrid continually find large pets to take care of?
Part 3-What would have changed if Hagrid had explained about Aragog fifty years ago?
Essay Topic 3
Harry had more than one opportunity to explain to Dumbledore about the voice that he was hearing that no one else seemed to hear. Was Harry right in keeping this to himself? Could he have told Dumbledore? Explain.
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)