|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the new Seeker on the Slytherin team?
2. While the car is beginning to fall to earth, Ron lets go of the wheel to get ____________ out of his back pocket.
3. What does Dudley say to Harry that makes him the most upset?
4. At what has Gilderoy Lockhart claimed he is better than Professor Sprout?
5. Who does Hermione ask to tell them about the Chamber of Secrets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is confusing to Harry when he hears the voice in the hall before they find the petrified cat?
2. From what Dobby tells Harry in Chapter Two there is danger waiting at Hogwarts although he does not explain to Harry what that danger is. Do you think that Dobby could have told Harry anything that would have kept him from leaving the Durlseys and returning to Hogwarts? Explain.
3. Describe Serverous Snape and the description that Ron and Harry give him in Chapter Five.
4. Describe Dobby the House Elf's character when he arrives in Chapter Two.
5. What is the reaction from those that find the petrified cat and the message on the wall stating that the heir of Slytherin has returned?
6. What does Dobby reveal to Harry when he comes to see him in the hospital wing in Chapter Ten?
7. What goes wrong with Hermione's portion of the Polyjuice Potion?
8. What is the reaction that Harry and Ron receive from the other students in the Gryffindor House when they enter it after leaving Professor McGonagall's office in Chapter Five?
9. Describe Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.
10. What happens to Hermione in Chapter Fourteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Moaning Myrtle is obsessed with death. She seems to enjoy sitting and thinking about it.
Part 1- Do you believe that she is happy being a ghost? Explain.
Part 2- Had Moaning Myrtle not chosen to stay in the bathroom where she was killed, would Harry and Ron have had any clue about where the entrance to the chamber was?
Part 3- Myrtle says that she still has feelings. Do you think that she has feelings or that she is simply sad all the time? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Dumbledore says in the story that it is not a question of who opened the chamber but how. Later when Harry saves Ginny, Dumbledore doesn't seem surprised by the fact that it was Tom Riddle. Dumbledore also was said to have kept a close eye on Tom Riddle while he was in school. Given the information, did Dumbledore know that it was Tom Riddle that was responsible? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Hermione puts her schooling in danger by mixing the Polyjuice Potion. Explain the reason she was so willing to get into trouble making the potion. Is it possible that part of the reason she was willing to make the potion was because of the thrill of breaking the rules or to get revenge on Draco for calling her a Mudblood? Explain.
This section contains 2,117 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)