|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes out of Ron's mouth after his curse towards Draco Malfoy misfires?
2. What happens to Ron's wand in the crash?
3. What kind of elf is Dobby?
4. The story in the issue of the Evening Prophet that Professor Snape shows Harry and Ron is about ________________________.
5. Hermione does not want to talk to ____________ at Nick's Deathday party.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Deathday party for Nearly Headless Nick.
2. Explain why Vernon Dursley is so excited to receive the letter from the Improper Use of Magic Office after Dobby breaks Petunia's pudding dessert in Chapter Two.
3. Describe Serverous Snape and the description that Ron and Harry give him in Chapter Five.
4. Describe Fred and George and their appearance in Chapter Three.
5. In Chapter One there is something worrying Harry regarding Hogwarts. What is it?
6. Describe Harry's feelings for Hogwarts, his school, as compared to the Dursley house where he lives with his aunt and uncle from what is detailed in Chapter One.
7. In Chapter Five what does Gilderoy Lockhart say is the cause for Harry flying the car to school?
8. What is confusing to Harry when he hears the voice in the hall before they find the petrified cat?
9. What does Professor Binns tell the students about the Chamber of Secrets?
10. McGonagall finds Harry and Ron and tells them what their detention punishment will be. Harry will help Lockhart sign his fan mail and Ron will polish trophies without using magic. Are these detentions appropriate for them? Why or why not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Gilderoy Lockhart's effect on the other teachers at the school.
Part 1-Had Lockhart not been there, would Harry and Ron have gone into the Chamber by themselves?
Part 2-What would have been different in the story if Lockhart had not been there? Remember that Lockhart suggested the dueling club and was the cause of other situations.
Essay Topic 2
Moaning Myrtle is obsessed with death. She seems to enjoy sitting and thinking about it.
Part 1- Do you believe that she is happy being a ghost? Explain.
Part 2- Had Moaning Myrtle not chosen to stay in the bathroom where she was killed, would Harry and Ron have had any clue about where the entrance to the chamber was?
Part 3- Myrtle says that she still has feelings. Do you think that she has feelings or that she is simply sad all the time? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The main character in the story is Harry with Ron and Hermione always close by him in some regard. Describe the differences between the characters and their likenesses. Look at their characteristics and their backgrounds and explain why they work so effectively with each other.
This section contains 1,256 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)