|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dobby tell Harry he has come to talk to him?
2. What does Professor McGonagall tell the boys they should have done instead of drive the car?
3. How do they travel to Diagon Alley to get school supplies?
4. Who do Harry, Ron and Hermione find petrified when they follow the voice that Harry hears?
5. Why does the Slytherin team get special permission from Professor Snape to practice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Harry feels about the fortune that his parents left him that is held in Gringotts in London.
2. Draco Malfoy calls Hermione a Mudblood in Chapter Seven. Given the reaction to what is said, explain the significance of the term and what its description would be.
3. From what Dobby tells Harry in Chapter Two there is danger waiting at Hogwarts although he does not explain to Harry what that danger is. Do you think that Dobby could have told Harry anything that would have kept him from leaving the Durlseys and returning to Hogwarts? Explain.
4. Explain why Vernon Dursley is so excited to receive the letter from the Improper Use of Magic Office after Dobby breaks Petunia's pudding dessert in Chapter Two.
5. Describe Fred and George and their appearance in Chapter Three.
6. In Chapter One there is something worrying Harry regarding Hogwarts. What is it?
7. Describe Serverous Snape and the description that Ron and Harry give him in Chapter Five.
8. Describe Harry's feelings for Hogwarts, his school, as compared to the Dursley house where he lives with his aunt and uncle from what is detailed in Chapter One.
9. What is Filch's reaction when he finds Mrs. Norris, his cat, petrified?
10. What does Professor Binns tell the students about the Chamber of Secrets?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Take a close look at the Durlseys and the Weasleys as a family entity. What are the differences? What are the similarities? Explain
Essay Topic 2
When the Chamber of Secrets was opened fifty years earlier there was a Muggle killed. At that point in time it was just Tom Riddle controlling the Basilisk. Do you think that it is possible that part of the reason that no one was killed is that Ginny was able to some very small extent to keep Tom Riddle under control while he worked through her? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The Dursleys treat Harry very foul and give him nothing more than a toothpick for Christmas. Explain why they don't let Harry stay with the Weasleys and why they would rather have him locked in his room than to be at Ron's house.
How would the story have been different if Harry had been appreciated a little more at home?
This section contains 1,295 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)