|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry find wrong with his bed when he gets to his room?
2. What does the letter say that is delivered after Dobby drops the pudding?
3. Who does Ron think knows about the Chamber of Secrets?
4. Where is Dudley told he will be when the Masons arrive for dinner?
5. Who calls Myrtle over to Hermione?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in Gilderoy Lockhart's first class in Chapter Six. What does this reveal about his character?
2. What are some of the effects of the Howler letter that Ron's mother sends him in Chapter Six?
3. What is confusing to Harry when he hears the voice in the hall before they find the petrified cat?
4. What does Professor Binns tell the students about the Chamber of Secrets?
5. Describe the Ford Anglia that Mr. Weasley has enchanted and how it drives in Chapter Five when Ron drives it to Hogwarts.
6. Explain why Vernon Dursley is so excited to receive the letter from the Improper Use of Magic Office after Dobby breaks Petunia's pudding dessert in Chapter Two.
7. In Chapter Five what does Gilderoy Lockhart say is the cause for Harry flying the car to school?
8. Why does Harry not tell the professors about the voice he hears?
9. Describe Serverous Snape and the description that Ron and Harry give him in Chapter Five.
10. Describe the type of student that Hermione is from the description given in Chapter Six.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Quidditch seems to be an important part of Hogwarts life. Explain the role that it plays as a symbol in the book and why it is important to Harry and to what his character is.
Essay Topic 2
The phoenix appears after Harry proclaims his devotion to Dumbledore in the Chamber of Secrets. What does the phoenix symbolize in the story? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Hagrid was expelled from the school but not imprisoned.
Part 1-Explain why Hagrid refused to tell anyone about Aragog.
Part 2-Why does Hagrid continually find large pets to take care of?
Part 3-What would have changed if Hagrid had explained about Aragog fifty years ago?
This section contains 1,248 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)