|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Harry and Ron supposed to be turning their beetles into in Transfiguration class?
2. What do the boys say about a family that would be able to own a House Elf?
3. Who else is in the car with Ron?
4. What does Draco Malfoy call Hermione?
5. Once out of the strange shop, who does Harry find that helps him to Diagon Alley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Weasley house.
2. Why does Hermione volunteer to sneak into Professor Snape's storeroom?
3. What do Harry and Ron find when they follow the spiders into the Forbidden Forest?
4. How does Gilderoy Lockhart plan to boost the school moral in Chapter Thirteen?
5. Explain the relationship between Collin Creevey and Harry Potter as seen in Chapter Seven.
6. What does Aragog tell Harry and Ron about the creature from the Chamber of Secrets?
7. What happens when Harry gives Lucius Malfoy the diary that belonged to Tom Riddle?
8. Describe Ginny Weasley.
9. What does Harry hear while lying in the hospital wing when Dumbledore brings in a petrified Collin Creevey?
10. What does Dobby reveal to Harry when he comes to see him in the hospital wing in Chapter Ten?
Essay Topic 1
The Dursleys treat Harry very foul and give him nothing more than a toothpick for Christmas. Explain why they don't let Harry stay with the Weasleys and why they would rather have him locked in his room than to be at Ron's house.
How would the story have been different if Harry had been appreciated a little more at home?
Essay Topic 2
Hagrid was expelled from the school but not imprisoned.
Part 1-Explain why Hagrid refused to tell anyone about Aragog.
Part 2-Why does Hagrid continually find large pets to take care of?
Part 3-What would have changed if Hagrid had explained about Aragog fifty years ago?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Gilderoy Lockhart's effect on the other teachers at the school.
Part 1-Had Lockhart not been there, would Harry and Ron have gone into the Chamber by themselves?
Part 2-What would have been different in the story if Lockhart had not been there? Remember that Lockhart suggested the dueling club and was the cause of other situations.
This section contains 1,851 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)