|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dobby tell Harry he must not do?
2. Who freezes the pixies with a charm?
3. What does Harry have to do for his detention punishment?
4. Who is standing behind Ron and Harry while they look in the window at the Hogwarts sorting ceremonies?
5. How many letters has Harry received from his friends over the holidays?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the relationship between Collin Creevey and Harry Potter as seen in Chapter Seven.
2. What is the reaction from those that find the petrified cat and the message on the wall stating that the heir of Slytherin has returned?
3. In Chapter Five what does Gilderoy Lockhart say is the cause for Harry flying the car to school?
4. Describe the Ford Anglia that Mr. Weasley has enchanted and how it drives in Chapter Five when Ron drives it to Hogwarts.
5. Describe the Weasley house.
6. Give one word that explains Vernon Dursley's reaction when Harry says "magic" in Chapter One. Explain why you have given this word.
7. What does Professor Binns tell the students about the Chamber of Secrets?
8. Describe Ginny Weasley.
9. Describe the type of student that Hermione is from the description given in Chapter Six.
10. In Chapter One there is something worrying Harry regarding Hogwarts. What is it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Dobby's frame of mind that tore him between loyalty to his family and a desire to help Harry Potter. Which do you feel was stronger? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Take a close look at the Durlseys and the Weasleys as a family entity. What are the differences? What are the similarities? Explain
Essay Topic 3
Lucius Malfoy is very hard on his son. He openly rebukes him for not being smarter than Hermione, a Mudblood, but then buys him new equipment to ensure he is put on the Slytherin Quidditch team.
Part 1-Explain their relationship.
Part 2-Do you think that Draco could do anything to fully make his father proud?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)