|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two schools were said to have had a serious argument about which students to be let into Hogwarts?
2. Where is Dudley told he will be when the Masons arrive for dinner?
3. Who helps Harry get out of trouble with Argus Filch?
4. How do they travel to Diagon Alley to get school supplies?
5. Who shows up outside Harry's window after Harry has been locked in his room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Filch's reaction when he finds Mrs. Norris, his cat, petrified?
2. What are the things that Professor Snape tells Ron and Harry they are in trouble for doing?
3. Describe the reaction Vernon has when he realizes that Harry is escaping with Ron and his brothers. Do you think his reaction is odd? Why or why not.
4. Describe the Deathday party for Nearly Headless Nick.
5. In Chapter One there is something worrying Harry regarding Hogwarts. What is it?
6. Describe Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.
7. Describe the type of student that Hermione is from the description given in Chapter Six.
8. From what Dobby tells Harry in Chapter Two there is danger waiting at Hogwarts although he does not explain to Harry what that danger is. Do you think that Dobby could have told Harry anything that would have kept him from leaving the Durlseys and returning to Hogwarts? Explain.
9. Why does Harry not tell the professors about the voice he hears?
10. Describe Ginny Weasley.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the significance of Hermione being called a Mudblood before the attacks began. Would it have had the same impact if it had been explained later in the book? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Dumbledore says in the story that it is not a question of who opened the chamber but how. Later when Harry saves Ginny, Dumbledore doesn't seem surprised by the fact that it was Tom Riddle. Dumbledore also was said to have kept a close eye on Tom Riddle while he was in school. Given the information, did Dumbledore know that it was Tom Riddle that was responsible? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Lucius Malfoy is very hard on his son. He openly rebukes him for not being smarter than Hermione, a Mudblood, but then buys him new equipment to ensure he is put on the Slytherin Quidditch team.
Part 1-Explain their relationship.
Part 2-Do you think that Draco could do anything to fully make his father proud?
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)