|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is standing behind Ron and Harry while they look in the window at the Hogwarts sorting ceremonies?
2. Who does Ron think knows about the Chamber of Secrets?
3. Where is Dudley told he will be when the Masons arrive for dinner?
4. Why does Aunt Petunia put Harry to work with the threat of no food until he is done?
5. Where is Ron's father that he does not know the boys took the car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Professor Binns tell the students about the Chamber of Secrets?
2. Explain the relationship between Collin Creevey and Harry Potter as seen in Chapter Seven.
3. Describe Fred and George and their appearance in Chapter Three.
4. Describe Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.
5. What is the reaction that Harry and Ron receive from the other students in the Gryffindor House when they enter it after leaving Professor McGonagall's office in Chapter Five?
6. Explain how Harry feels about the fortune that his parents left him that is held in Gringotts in London.
7. Describe the Weasley house.
8. Describe the reaction Vernon has when he realizes that Harry is escaping with Ron and his brothers. Do you think his reaction is odd? Why or why not.
9. Explain why Vernon Dursley is so excited to receive the letter from the Improper Use of Magic Office after Dobby breaks Petunia's pudding dessert in Chapter Two.
10. In Chapter Five what does Gilderoy Lockhart say is the cause for Harry flying the car to school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dumbledore says in the story that it is not a question of who opened the chamber but how. Later when Harry saves Ginny, Dumbledore doesn't seem surprised by the fact that it was Tom Riddle. Dumbledore also was said to have kept a close eye on Tom Riddle while he was in school. Given the information, did Dumbledore know that it was Tom Riddle that was responsible? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Hagrid was expelled from the school but not imprisoned.
Part 1-Explain why Hagrid refused to tell anyone about Aragog.
Part 2-Why does Hagrid continually find large pets to take care of?
Part 3-What would have changed if Hagrid had explained about Aragog fifty years ago?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Gilderoy Lockhart's effect on the other teachers at the school.
Part 1-Had Lockhart not been there, would Harry and Ron have gone into the Chamber by themselves?
Part 2-What would have been different in the story if Lockhart had not been there? Remember that Lockhart suggested the dueling club and was the cause of other situations.
This section contains 1,309 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)