|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione tell Ron she has been very busy with over the summer?
2. What does the letter Ron receives from his mother do after it is done screaming at him?
3. The story in the issue of the Evening Prophet that Professor Snape shows Harry and Ron is about ________________________.
4. What does Harry have to do for his detention punishment?
5. While the car is beginning to fall to earth, Ron lets go of the wheel to get ____________ out of his back pocket.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Fred and George and their appearance in Chapter Three.
2. What does Aragog tell Harry and Ron about the creature from the Chamber of Secrets?
3. What are some of the effects of the Howler letter that Ron's mother sends him in Chapter Six?
4. What is Filch's reaction when he finds Mrs. Norris, his cat, petrified?
5. What do Harry and Ron find in Hermione's hand when they go to visit her in the hospital wing in chapter Sixteen?
6. Who do Harry, Ron, and Hermione seem to think would be a possibility for the Heir Slytherin in Chapter Nine and why?
7. Why does Harry not tell the professors about the voice he hears?
8. Who are the two people removed from the school in Chapter Fourteen? What happens to them?
9. What do Harry and Ron overhear the teachers talking about in Chapter Sixteen regarding the Chamber of Secrets?
10. Explain Harry's reaction when he hears the voice in Chapter Seven while serving detention.
Essay Topic 1
Quidditch seems to be an important part of Hogwarts life. Explain the role that it plays as a symbol in the book and why it is important to Harry and to what his character is.
Essay Topic 2
The main character in the story is Harry with Ron and Hermione always close by him in some regard. Describe the differences between the characters and their likenesses. Look at their characteristics and their backgrounds and explain why they work so effectively with each other.
Essay Topic 3
Hermione puts her schooling in danger by mixing the Polyjuice Potion. Explain the reason she was so willing to get into trouble making the potion. Is it possible that part of the reason she was willing to make the potion was because of the thrill of breaking the rules or to get revenge on Draco for calling her a Mudblood? Explain.
This section contains 1,988 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)