|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harry find in the secret chamber near Ginny's body?
(a) Dudley Dursley
(b) Professor Snape
(c) Tom Riddle
(d) Draco Malfoy
2. What does Dumbledore tell Harry to look closely at for proof that he belongs in Gryffindor house?
(a) His wand
(b) The scar on his head
(c) The sword from the sorting hat
(d) The pheonix
3. Where do Hermione, Ron and Harry go to read the Moste Potente Potions book?
(a) Professor Snape's bedroom
(b) Back corner of the bathroom
(c) Quidditch training room
(d) Moaning Myrtle's bathroom
4. How does Harry destroy Tom Riddle's diary?
(a) The pheonix eats it
(b) Punctures it with a Basilisk tooth
(c) He burns it
(d) Stabs it with the sword
5. What does Hermione have under her pillow while she is in the hospital?
(a) A get well card from Gilderoy Lockhart
(b) A fuzzy bunny from her favorite aunt
(c) A book about the secret chamber
(d) A magic charm to protect her
Short Answer Questions
1. When Harry sees some spiders walking in a straight line where does he realize they are heading?
2. What name is on the diary Ron and Harry find on the bathroom floor?
3. What does Professor McGonagall tell the students that makes them happy?
4. What does Harry have that provides a distraction in Snape's classroom?
5. What would happen to Dobby if his master gave him a single article of clothing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Hermione, Ron and Harry get Lockhart to sign a permission form for them to retrieve a book from the restricted section of the library.
2. How does Harry distract Snape while Hermione retrieves the needed ingredients?
3. When Harry gets to the Chamber of Secrets in Chapter Seventeen what does Tom Riddle tell him?
4. What do Harry and Ron overhear the teachers talking about in Chapter Sixteen regarding the Chamber of Secrets?
5. What are the pros and cons of the Polyjuice Potion that Hermione, Ron and Harry intend to brew?
6. What do Harry and Ron find in Hermione's hand when they go to visit her in the hospital wing in chapter Sixteen?
7. What does Dumbledore tell Harry regarding his likeness to Voldemort?
8. What do Harry and Ron find when they follow the spiders into the Forbidden Forest?
9. Why does Hermione volunteer to sneak into Professor Snape's storeroom?
10. In Chapter Thirteen why has Moaning Myrtle flooded the bathroom and been crying?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)