|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Draco Malfoy not see the Golden Snitch when it was by his ear?
(a) He is laughing at Harry.
(b) He gets something in his eye.
(c) He is showing off for his father.
(d) He is posing for the girls.
2. When Harry leaves the hospital, where does he find Hermione and Ron?
(a) Hagrid's house
(b) Moaning Myrtle's bathroom
(c) Professor Snape's classroom
(d) Gryffindor tower
3. What happens when Gilderoy Lockhart tries to fix Harry's broken arm?
(a) He switches which arm is broken.
(b) He changes it into an ice cream cone.
(c) He detaches the arm.
(d) He removes the bones.
4. What do Harry and Ron find Lockhart doing when they go to give him information about the Chamber of Secrets after Lockhart volunteered to enter the chamber to get Ginny back?
(a) he has left
(b) curling his hair
(c) signing autographs
(d) packing to leave
5. What is in the newspaper article that Draco's father sends him?
(a) Professor Dumbledore being fired
(b) Pure-blood wizard club
(c) Dobby the house elf is freed
(d) Mr. Weasley being asked to resign because of the car incident
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two professors that are teaching the Dueling Club?
2. Why does Tom Riddle refuse to use his father's last name?
3. What is it that Dumbledore says makes Harry and Lord Voldemort different?
4. Who decides he/she would be best for stealing the needed potion ingredients out of Snape's storeroom?
5. Where do Hermione, Ron and Harry go to read the Moste Potente Potions book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Hermione, Ron and Harry get Lockhart to sign a permission form for them to retrieve a book from the restricted section of the library.
2. When Harry gets to the Chamber of Secrets in Chapter Seventeen what does Tom Riddle tell him?
3. What does Aragog tell Harry and Ron about the creature from the Chamber of Secrets?
4. What happens when Harry gives Lucius Malfoy the diary that belonged to Tom Riddle?
5. Why does Hermione volunteer to sneak into Professor Snape's storeroom?
6. What are the pros and cons of the Polyjuice Potion that Hermione, Ron and Harry intend to brew?
7. In Chapter Thirteen why has Moaning Myrtle flooded the bathroom and been crying?
8. How does Gilderoy Lockhart plan to boost the school moral in Chapter Thirteen?
9. What does Dobby reveal to Harry when he comes to see him in the hospital wing in Chapter Ten?
10. What happens to Hermione in Chapter Fourteen?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)