|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Gilderoy Lockhart tries to fix Harry's broken arm?
(a) He changes it into an ice cream cone.
(b) He switches which arm is broken.
(c) He detaches the arm.
(d) He removes the bones.
2. What does Hermione give Ron and Harry that is intended to keep Crabbe and Goyle away while they use the transformation potions?
(a) Chocolate cakes with sleeping potion in them
(b) Tickets to a Quidditch game far away
(c) Dentention slips for the night
(d) Apple cider with sleeping potion in them
3. Who does Tom Riddle tell Harry opened the chamber of secrets fifty years ago?
(a) Tom Riddle
(b) Professor Dumbledore
(d) Professor Snape
4. What do Harry and Ron use to help them sneak out to visit Hagrid?
(a) Jedi mind tricks
(b) Polyjuice potion
(c) Invisibility cloak
(d) Floo powder
5. Who does Draco Malfoy say should apply for Dumbledore's position as school headmaster?
(a) Professor Snape
(b) Lucious Malfoy
(c) Professor McGonagall
(d) Vernon Dursley
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the book say they will have before they turn back?
2. What does Dumbledore say the petrified student proves?
3. What is wrong when Harry and Ron ask a girl for directions to the Slytherin common room while they are in the form of Crabbe and Goyle?
4. What does the phoenix do to the Basilisk?
5. What does Hedwig bring Harry from the Dursleys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dumbledore tell Harry regarding his likeness to Voldemort?
2. What do Harry and Ron find when they follow the spiders into the Forbidden Forest?
3. Explain how Hermione, Ron and Harry get Lockhart to sign a permission form for them to retrieve a book from the restricted section of the library.
4. What happens to Hermione in Chapter Fourteen?
5. Who are the two people removed from the school in Chapter Fourteen? What happens to them?
6. Why does Hermione volunteer to sneak into Professor Snape's storeroom?
7. What does Aragog tell Harry and Ron about the creature from the Chamber of Secrets?
8. What does Harry hear while lying in the hospital wing when Dumbledore brings in a petrified Collin Creevey?
9. What happens to the phoenix in Dumbledore's office while Harry is waiting on Dumbledore in Chapter Twelve?
10. How does Harry distract Snape while Hermione retrieves the needed ingredients?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)