|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dumbledore say the petrified student proves?
(a) The Chamber of Secrets is real.
(b) There is no reason to worry.
(c) The Chamber of Secrets has been opened again.
(d) Someone in the school is trying to kill Muggle-born students.
2. Who starts to tell Harry and Ron something before they are interrupted by Percy Weasley?
(a) Neville Longbottom
(b) Ginny Weasley
(c) Professor Snape
(d) Jordan Lee
3. Who does Harry get teamed up with during the dueling exercises?
(c) Draco Malfoy
4. What happens when Gilderoy Lockhart tries to fix Harry's broken arm?
(a) He changes it into an ice cream cone.
(b) He switches which arm is broken.
(c) He detaches the arm.
(d) He removes the bones.
5. What name is on the diary Ron and Harry find on the bathroom floor?
(a) T. M. Riddle
(b) Dudley Dursley
(c) Lord Voldemort
(d) Salazar Slitherin
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Harry puts on the sorting hat and begs for help?
2. What is the password to enter the Slytherin Tower?
3. What does Ginny say she caught Percy doing that he told her to keep secret?
4. Who does Harry find in the secret chamber near Ginny's body?
5. What does Harry and Ron find in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dumbledore tell Harry while in his office in Chapter Twelve?
2. How does Harry distract Snape while Hermione retrieves the needed ingredients?
3. What are the pros and cons of the Polyjuice Potion that Hermione, Ron and Harry intend to brew?
4. What does Dobby reveal to Harry when he comes to see him in the hospital wing in Chapter Ten?
5. What happens when Draco Malfoy produces a snake during dueling class in Chapter Eleven?
6. Explain how Hermione, Ron and Harry get Lockhart to sign a permission form for them to retrieve a book from the restricted section of the library.
7. What happens to the phoenix in Dumbledore's office while Harry is waiting on Dumbledore in Chapter Twelve?
8. What happens to Hermione in Chapter Fourteen?
9. In Chapter Thirteen why has Moaning Myrtle flooded the bathroom and been crying?
10. What does Harry hear while lying in the hospital wing when Dumbledore brings in a petrified Collin Creevey?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)