|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermione have under her pillow while she is in the hospital?
(a) A fuzzy bunny from her favorite aunt
(b) A get well card from Gilderoy Lockhart
(c) A book about the secret chamber
(d) A magic charm to protect her
2. Why does Draco Malfoy not see the Golden Snitch when it was by his ear?
(a) He gets something in his eye.
(b) He is showing off for his father.
(c) He is posing for the girls.
(d) He is laughing at Harry.
3. What happens when Harry writes on the diary?
(a) Harry can hear the book talking to him.
(b) Tom Riddle writes him back.
(c) The words jump out of the book.
(d) Pictures begin to appear.
4. Who is the first one to find Ron and Harry wandering in the halls while they are in the form of Crabbe and Goyle?
(a) Aunt Petunia
(b) Draco Malfoy
(c) Percy Weasley
(d) Professor Snape
5. Why does Hermione say it's bad that Harry can talk to snakes?
(a) Becuse Tom Riddle could talk to them
(b) Because Salazar Slytherin could talk to them
(c) Because they are an evil animal
(d) Because it makes you look crazy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry have that provides a distraction in Snape's classroom?
2. What happens when Gilderoy Lockhart tries to fix Harry's broken arm?
3. What does Hermione wake Harry and Ron up early to tell them?
4. What captures Ron and Harry in the Forbidden Forest?
5. What wakes Harry up while he is in the hospital wing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the two people removed from the school in Chapter Fourteen? What happens to them?
2. What are the pros and cons of the Polyjuice Potion that Hermione, Ron and Harry intend to brew?
3. What happens to Hermione in Chapter Fourteen?
4. What goes wrong with Hermione's portion of the Polyjuice Potion?
5. What are the students saying about Harry after they find he can speak to snakes like Salazar Slytherin?
6. What happens to the phoenix in Dumbledore's office while Harry is waiting on Dumbledore in Chapter Twelve?
7. What do Harry and Ron find in Hermione's hand when they go to visit her in the hospital wing in chapter Sixteen?
8. How does Harry distract Snape while Hermione retrieves the needed ingredients?
9. When Harry gets to the Chamber of Secrets in Chapter Seventeen what does Tom Riddle tell him?
10. What does Dobby reveal to Harry when he comes to see him in the hospital wing in Chapter Ten?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)