|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Harry sees some spiders walking in a straight line where does he realize they are heading?
(a) Moaning Myrtle's bathroom
(b) Quidditch field
(c) The Forbidden Forest
(d) Hagrid's home
2. Who does Draco Malfoy say should apply for Dumbledore's position as school headmaster?
(a) Lucious Malfoy
(b) Professor McGonagall
(c) Professor Snape
(d) Vernon Dursley
3. What name is on the diary Ron and Harry find on the bathroom floor?
(a) Dudley Dursley
(b) Salazar Slitherin
(c) T. M. Riddle
(d) Lord Voldemort
4. What do George and Fred do to try and cheer up Ginny?
(a) Give her magical candy
(b) Jump out at her with fur or boils
(c) Put magic charms on her chairs
(d) Give her a flatulence spell
5. What does Hermione have under her pillow while she is in the hospital?
(a) A magic charm to protect her
(b) A book about the secret chamber
(c) A fuzzy bunny from her favorite aunt
(d) A get well card from Gilderoy Lockhart
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Harry puts on the sorting hat and begs for help?
2. When Harry leaves the hospital, where does he find Hermione and Ron?
3. What does Hermione give Ron and Harry that is intended to keep Crabbe and Goyle away while they use the transformation potions?
4. What goes wrong when Hermione takes the Polyjuice Potion?
5. Who has been taken into the Chamber of Secrets?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the two people removed from the school in Chapter Fourteen? What happens to them?
2. How does Harry distract Snape while Hermione retrieves the needed ingredients?
3. What goes wrong with Hermione's portion of the Polyjuice Potion?
4. What are the pros and cons of the Polyjuice Potion that Hermione, Ron and Harry intend to brew?
5. What are some of the presents Harry gets for Christmas?
6. What do Harry and Ron find in Hermione's hand when they go to visit her in the hospital wing in chapter Sixteen?
7. What happens when Harry gives Lucius Malfoy the diary that belonged to Tom Riddle?
8. What happens when Harry tells Tom Riddle that Dumbledore is the greatest wizard that ever lived and that people will always be faithful to Dumbledore.
9. Why does Hermione volunteer to sneak into Professor Snape's storeroom?
10. What does Aragog tell Harry and Ron about the creature from the Chamber of Secrets?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)