|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the phoenix, Fawkes, drop at Harry's feet in the Chamber of Secrets that amuses Tom Riddle?
(a) A mirror
(b) The sorting hat
(c) The invisibility cloak
(d) A book
2. What does Lockhart do while trying to show Harry how to block an unfriendly spell?
(a) Drops his wand
(b) Pauses to pose for a picture
(c) Produces a sneeze that tranforms a student into a cupcake
(d) Trips over his own feet
3. How long does Hermione tell Ron and Harry it will be before they can have the Polyjuice Potion ready?
(a) A month
(b) Two years
(c) A few days
(d) A couple of hours
4. Who does Harry find petrified while on his way to get his books for Transfiguration?
(a) Justin Finch-Fletchley and Nearly Headless Nick
(b) Professor Snape
(c) Mr. Filch
5. What goes wrong when Hermione takes the Polyjuice Potion?
(a) She turns into Professor Snape.
(b) It does not affect her.
(c) She grows six extra arms.
(d) She turns halfway into a cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the room before Harry leaves Dumbledore's office?
2. What happens when Harry writes on the diary?
3. Who starts to tell Harry and Ron something before they are interrupted by Percy Weasley?
4. What is wrong when Harry and Ron ask a girl for directions to the Slytherin common room while they are in the form of Crabbe and Goyle?
5. What do George and Fred do to try and cheer up Ginny?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry hear while lying in the hospital wing when Dumbledore brings in a petrified Collin Creevey?
2. What does Dumbledore tell Harry while in his office in Chapter Twelve?
3. In Chapter Thirteen why has Moaning Myrtle flooded the bathroom and been crying?
4. How does Gilderoy Lockhart plan to boost the school moral in Chapter Thirteen?
5. What happens when Harry tells Tom Riddle that Dumbledore is the greatest wizard that ever lived and that people will always be faithful to Dumbledore.
6. Who are the two people removed from the school in Chapter Fourteen? What happens to them?
7. What does Dobby reveal to Harry when he comes to see him in the hospital wing in Chapter Ten?
8. What does Aragog tell Harry and Ron about the creature from the Chamber of Secrets?
9. Explain how Hermione, Ron and Harry get Lockhart to sign a permission form for them to retrieve a book from the restricted section of the library.
10. What are the pros and cons of the Polyjuice Potion that Hermione, Ron and Harry intend to brew?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)