|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Harry writes on the diary?
(a) Pictures begin to appear.
(b) The words jump out of the book.
(c) Harry can hear the book talking to him.
(d) Tom Riddle writes him back.
2. Why does Hermione say it's bad that Harry can talk to snakes?
(a) Becuse Tom Riddle could talk to them
(b) Because they are an evil animal
(c) Because Salazar Slytherin could talk to them
(d) Because it makes you look crazy
3. What does the phoenix, Fawkes, drop at Harry's feet in the Chamber of Secrets that amuses Tom Riddle?
(a) A book
(b) A mirror
(c) The invisibility cloak
(d) The sorting hat
4. Who does Harry get teamed up with during the dueling exercises?
(a) Draco Malfoy
5. What does Hagrid say someone would need to follow to find answers?
(c) Yellow brick road
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Hermione, Ron and Harry go to read the Moste Potente Potions book?
2. What do George and Fred do to try and cheer up Ginny?
3. What happens to Dumbledore's pet bird while Harry is waiting on him?
4. Why is Moaning Myrtle crying?
5. Who enters the room before Harry leaves Dumbledore's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the pros and cons of the Polyjuice Potion that Hermione, Ron and Harry intend to brew?
2. Explain how Hermione, Ron and Harry get Lockhart to sign a permission form for them to retrieve a book from the restricted section of the library.
3. Why does Hermione volunteer to sneak into Professor Snape's storeroom?
4. What happens when Draco Malfoy produces a snake during dueling class in Chapter Eleven?
5. What goes wrong with Hermione's portion of the Polyjuice Potion?
6. What does Dumbledore tell Harry regarding his likeness to Voldemort?
7. What are some of the presents Harry gets for Christmas?
8. What are the students saying about Harry after they find he can speak to snakes like Salazar Slytherin?
9. What do Harry and Ron overhear the teachers talking about in Chapter Sixteen regarding the Chamber of Secrets?
10. What happens when Harry tells Tom Riddle that Dumbledore is the greatest wizard that ever lived and that people will always be faithful to Dumbledore.
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)