|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ron say, to tease Harry, that Ginny Weasley and Colin Creevey might start?
(b) Harry Potter fan club
(c) Harry Potter theme song
(d) A musical group called "Tribute to Harry Potter"
2. Once out of the strange shop, who does Harry find that helps him to Diagon Alley?
(b) Mr. Weasley
(d) Severas Snape
3. Who sent the letter that Errol has?
(a) Ministry of Magic
4. Where is Ron's father that he does not know the boys took the car?
(b) Hunting gnomes
(c) At a magical conference
(d) Sleeping in a boat.
5. What does Mr. Weasley install on the car in case they want to fly it?
(a) Extra Seatbelts
(b) A painting on the underside of the car to look like a cloud.
(d) Invisibility Booster
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harry given to eat before the Masons arrive?
2. Who does Hermione ask to tell them about the Chamber of Secrets?
3. What lives in their attic according to Ron?
4. What happens when Ron and Harry try to get to Platform Nine and Three-Quarters?
5. Who is standing behind Ron and Harry while they look in the window at the Hogwarts sorting ceremonies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Draco Malfoy calls Hermione a Mudblood in Chapter Seven. Given the reaction to what is said, explain the significance of the term and what its description would be.
2. What happens when Draco Malfoy produces a snake during dueling class in Chapter Eleven?
3. Explain why Vernon Dursley is so excited to receive the letter from the Improper Use of Magic Office after Dobby breaks Petunia's pudding dessert in Chapter Two.
4. Describe the Weasley house.
5. Describe the difference between the treatment that Harry and Dudley receive from Petunia and Vernon Dursley as outlined in Chapter One.
6. McGonagall finds Harry and Ron and tells them what their detention punishment will be. Harry will help Lockhart sign his fan mail and Ron will polish trophies without using magic. Are these detentions appropriate for them? Why or why not?
7. What are the pros and cons of the Polyjuice Potion that Hermione, Ron and Harry intend to brew?
8. What are the students saying about Harry after they find he can speak to snakes like Salazar Slytherin?
9. Describe Ginny Weasley.
10. What happens when Harry gives Lucius Malfoy the diary that belonged to Tom Riddle?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)