|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hagrid not allowed to use magic?
(a) He cannot control his power.
(b) He was cursed by a dragon wizard.
(c) He was expelled from Hogwarts in his third year.
(d) He was involved in an accident involving students.
2. Whose fault does Ron originally think it might be when Harry does not answer any letters?
(c) Uncle Vernon
3. What does Hermione tell Ron she has been very busy with over the summer?
(a) Summer job
(b) School work
(c) Perfecting spells
(d) Helping her mother
4. Who tags along with Harry to Quidditch practice even though Harry tries to get him/her not to do it?
(a) George and Fred
(b) Colin Creevey
5. Why does Hermione want to get the Moste Potente Potions book?
(a) Truth serum
(b) To keep the table from wobbling
(c) Polyjuice potion
(d) Future juice
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harry given to eat before the Masons arrive?
2. What does Harry ask Dobby that causes Dobby to cry?
3. What do Ron, Hermione, and Harry find when they go back to the Hall where Mrs. Norris had been petrified?
4. What does Ron get during breakfast from his mother?
5. Who else is in the car with Ron?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Weasley house.
2. In Chapter One there is something worrying Harry regarding Hogwarts. What is it?
3. Describe the type of student that Hermione is from the description given in Chapter Six.
4. Describe Gilderoy Lockhart.
5. Describe Fred and George and their appearance in Chapter Three.
6. What is the reaction that Harry and Ron receive from the other students in the Gryffindor House when they enter it after leaving Professor McGonagall's office in Chapter Five?
7. Give one word that explains Vernon Dursley's reaction when Harry says "magic" in Chapter One. Explain why you have given this word.
8. Who do Harry, Ron, and Hermione seem to think would be a possibility for the Heir Slytherin in Chapter Nine and why?
9. What does Professor Binns tell the students about the Chamber of Secrets?
10. Describe Ginny Weasley.
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)