|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Draco Malfoy call Hermione?
(a) Snot licker
(b) Mud Blood
(c) Magic hack
(d) Ron's girlfriend
2. Why does the Slytherin team get special permission from Professor Snape to practice?
(a) Because Professor Snape does not like the Gryffindor team
(b) To have an equal advantage when they play
(c) To train their new Seeker
(d) Because they have flying exams later
3. What does Professor McGonagall tell the boys they should have done instead of drive the car?
(a) Take a cab
(b) Sat and waited on someone
(c) Send an owl
(d) Done a magic gypsy dance
4. What comes into the house that terrifies the Masons?
(a) A cat
(b) A dog
(c) A rabid wolf
(d) An owl
5. Who does Harry and Hermione take Ron to see when he curses himself?
(a) Draco Malfoy
(b) Gilderoy Lockhart
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ron's wand in the crash?
2. While the car is beginning to fall to earth, Ron lets go of the wheel to get ____________ out of his back pocket.
3. What lives in their attic according to Ron?
4. What does the mirror in the kitchen at the Weasley house tell Harry to do?
5. Once out of the strange shop, who does Harry find that helps him to Diagon Alley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do Harry, Ron, and Hermione seem to think would be a possibility for the Heir Slytherin in Chapter Nine and why?
2. Describe Ginny Weasley.
3. Describe Harry's feelings for Hogwarts, his school, as compared to the Dursley house where he lives with his aunt and uncle from what is detailed in Chapter One.
4. Describe Fred and George and their appearance in Chapter Three.
5. Describe the difference between the treatment that Harry and Dudley receive from Petunia and Vernon Dursley as outlined in Chapter One.
6. What is the reaction from those that find the petrified cat and the message on the wall stating that the heir of Slytherin has returned?
7. Explain the relationship between Collin Creevey and Harry Potter as seen in Chapter Seven.
8. Describe the Weasley house.
9. Describe Gilderoy Lockhart.
10. Describe what happens in Gilderoy Lockhart's first class in Chapter Six. What does this reveal about his character?
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)