|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ron get during breakfast from his mother?
(a) An ugly shirt
(b) A Howler letter
(c) A list of things to do as punishment for taking the car
(d) A lashing package
2. What does Dobby tell Harry he must not do?
(a) Go back to Hogwarts
(b) Leave the Dursley house.
(c) Stop his magic learning.
(d) Stand on one foot with his finger in his ear.
3. How long does Lockhart say that they have been signing fan mail when he lets Harry leave?
(a) Half and hour
(b) Half the night
(c) Six hours
(d) Four hours
4. Who does Professor Binns say built the secret chamber in the school according to legend?
(a) Rowena Ravenclaw
(c) Helga Hufflepuff
(d) Salazar Slytherin
5. What does Professor Snape suggest Harry should be restricted from until he tells the truth about the cat?
(b) Quidditch matches
(c) Afternoon activities
(d) Spell casting
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Vernon's company make?
2. While the car is beginning to fall to earth, Ron lets go of the wheel to get ____________ out of his back pocket.
3. What do the boys say about a family that would be able to own a House Elf?
4. Who helps Harry get out of trouble with Argus Filch?
5. What does Uncle Vernon say the Masons know about Harry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in Gilderoy Lockhart's first class in Chapter Six. What does this reveal about his character?
2. What is the reaction from those that find the petrified cat and the message on the wall stating that the heir of Slytherin has returned?
3. What does Professor Binns tell the students about the Chamber of Secrets?
4. Give one word that explains Vernon Dursley's reaction when Harry says "magic" in Chapter One. Explain why you have given this word.
5. Describe the difference between the treatment that Harry and Dudley receive from Petunia and Vernon Dursley as outlined in Chapter One.
6. Explain Harry's reaction when he hears the voice in Chapter Seven while serving detention.
7. Describe the Ford Anglia that Mr. Weasley has enchanted and how it drives in Chapter Five when Ron drives it to Hogwarts.
8. From what Dobby tells Harry in Chapter Two there is danger waiting at Hogwarts although he does not explain to Harry what that danger is. Do you think that Dobby could have told Harry anything that would have kept him from leaving the Durlseys and returning to Hogwarts? Explain.
9. Describe the type of student that Hermione is from the description given in Chapter Six.
10. Describe Serverous Snape and the description that Ron and Harry give him in Chapter Five.
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)