|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hagrid say he is looking for in Knockturn Alley?
(a) New Dancing Shoes
(b) Maddening Wasp Repellent
(c) Snake Skin Repellent
(d) Flesh-Eatin' Slug Repellent
2. What is wrong with Harry's owl?
(a) It wants out of its cage.
(b) It is hungry.
(c) It hates Dudley.
(d) It ate a sickly cat.
3. What does Harry find wrong with his bed when he gets to his room?
(a) His owl tipped his cage onto it.
(b) The bed is broken.
(c) Someone is sitting on it.
(d) It hasn't been made.
4. Who does Professor Binns say will be able to open the chamber according to the legend?
(a) Anyone magical
(b) A student of Slytherin
(c) The one true heir
(d) The one that knows the passwords
5. What does Harry yell to Uncle Vernon and the others as he and the Weasleys drive away?
(a) Thanks for the good time.
(b) See you next summer.
(c) See ya later, suckers.
(d) Don't worry I'll be fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Harry and Ron supposed to be turning their beetles into in Transfiguration class?
2. At what has Gilderoy Lockhart claimed he is better than Professor Sprout?
3. Why does Colin Creevey say that he wants to take Harry's picture?
4. Hermione does not want to talk to ____________ at Nick's Deathday party.
5. Who is visiting Hagrid when Harry and Hermione get Ron to his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Professor Binns tell the students about the Chamber of Secrets?
2. Describe Harry's feelings for Hogwarts, his school, as compared to the Dursley house where he lives with his aunt and uncle from what is detailed in Chapter One.
3. Describe the Weasley house.
4. In Chapter Five what does Gilderoy Lockhart say is the cause for Harry flying the car to school?
5. What are some of the effects of the Howler letter that Ron's mother sends him in Chapter Six?
6. Describe Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.
7. Explain the relationship between Collin Creevey and Harry Potter as seen in Chapter Seven.
8. Explain Harry's reaction when he hears the voice in Chapter Seven while serving detention.
9. Describe Ginny Weasley.
10. From what Dobby tells Harry in Chapter Two there is danger waiting at Hogwarts although he does not explain to Harry what that danger is. Do you think that Dobby could have told Harry anything that would have kept him from leaving the Durlseys and returning to Hogwarts? Explain.
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)