|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else is in the car with Ron?
(a) George and Fred
(c) Ron's mother
2. Who does Hermione ask to tell them about the Chamber of Secrets?
(a) Professor McGonnagle
(b) Professor Binns
(d) Professor Snape
3. What attacks the car after it has crashed?
(a) A flock of birds
(b) Several angry owls
(c) A giant spider
(d) The tree into which it crashed
4. Who does Harry and Hermione take Ron to see when he curses himself?
(a) Gilderoy Lockhart
(d) Draco Malfoy
5. How long does Dobby say he must serve his wizarding family?
(a) Until he decides to quit
(b) Two years
(d) Two hundred years
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two schools were said to have had a serious argument about which students to be let into Hogwarts?
2. Who does Professor Binns say will be able to open the chamber according to the legend?
3. What does Harry do with Dobby when Uncle Vernon comes into the room to tell Harry to be quiet?
4. What do Ron, Hermione, and Harry find when they go back to the Hall where Mrs. Norris had been petrified?
5. Who arrives and tells Ron and Harry the password to enter Gryffindor Tower?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what Dobby tells Harry in Chapter Two there is danger waiting at Hogwarts although he does not explain to Harry what that danger is. Do you think that Dobby could have told Harry anything that would have kept him from leaving the Durlseys and returning to Hogwarts? Explain.
2. What is the reaction from those that find the petrified cat and the message on the wall stating that the heir of Slytherin has returned?
3. Describe Fred and George and their appearance in Chapter Three.
4. Describe Serverous Snape and the description that Ron and Harry give him in Chapter Five.
5. What does Harry see while he is hiding in the Borgin and Burkes Shop on Knockturn Alley.
6. Describe the Deathday party for Nearly Headless Nick.
7. Explain the relationship between Collin Creevey and Harry Potter as seen in Chapter Seven.
8. Describe the Ford Anglia that Mr. Weasley has enchanted and how it drives in Chapter Five when Ron drives it to Hogwarts.
9. Explain why Vernon Dursley is so excited to receive the letter from the Improper Use of Magic Office after Dobby breaks Petunia's pudding dessert in Chapter Two.
10. What does Professor Binns tell the students about the Chamber of Secrets?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)