Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two schools were said to have had a serious argument about which students to be let into Hogwarts?
(a) Slytherin and Gryffindor
(b) Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw
(c) Ravenclaw and Slytherin
(d) Gryffindor and Hufflepuff
2. How many letters has Harry received from his friends over the holidays?
(a) Too many to count
(c) A Few
3. What happens that causes Harry to mispronounce Diagon Alley?
(a) He remembers his socks do not match.
(b) He coughs after geting hot ash in his mouth.
(c) He gets nervous and stutters.
(d) He sneezes from the powder.
4. What lives in their attic according to Ron?
(a) A fairy
(b) A psycho
(c) A leprechaun
(d) A ghoul
5. At what has Gilderoy Lockhart claimed he is better than Professor Sprout?
(a) Weeding the magical plants
(b) Growing fairy clover
(c) Doctoring the Whomping Willow
(d) Doing the Two-Step
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harry think of first when they are naming people that might play a trick on Harry?
2. What are Harry and Ron supposed to be turning their beetles into in Transfiguration class?
3. What does Harry find wrong with his bed when he gets to his room?
4. Once out of the strange shop, who does Harry find that helps him to Diagon Alley?
5. What do the boys say about a family that would be able to own a House Elf?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Harry's reaction when he hears the voice in Chapter Seven while serving detention.
2. Give one word that explains Vernon Dursley's reaction when Harry says "magic" in Chapter One. Explain why you have given this word.
3. In Chapter Two Harry has a dream that he is in locked in a cage. Explain how the dream explains his situation and his feelings.
4. What does Dumbledore tell Harry while in his office in Chapter Twelve?
5. What does Aragog tell Harry and Ron about the creature from the Chamber of Secrets?
6. Explain how Hermione, Ron and Harry get Lockhart to sign a permission form for them to retrieve a book from the restricted section of the library.
7. What happens to the phoenix in Dumbledore's office while Harry is waiting on Dumbledore in Chapter Twelve?
8. In Chapter Five what does Gilderoy Lockhart say is the cause for Harry flying the car to school?
9. What are the things that Professor Snape tells Ron and Harry they are in trouble for doing?
10. How does Harry distract Snape while Hermione retrieves the needed ingredients?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)