|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what do Fred and George feed a Filibuster firework?
(b) A teacher
2. What comes into the house that terrifies the Masons?
(a) A cat
(b) A dog
(c) An owl
(d) A rabid wolf
3. How do Harry and Ron get to Hogwarts?
(b) A giant bird
(c) In the magical flying car.
(d) A taxi cab
4. Who is standing behind Ron and Harry while they look in the window at the Hogwarts sorting ceremonies?
(b) Professor Snape
(c) Mr. Dursley
(d) Professor Dumbledore
5. What do the boys say about a family that would be able to own a House Elf?
(a) It would be lazy.
(b) It would be rich.
(c) It would be unkind.
(d) It would be evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two schools were said to have had a serious argument about which students to be let into Hogwarts?
2. What does Draco Malfoy call Hermione?
3. While the car is beginning to fall to earth, Ron lets go of the wheel to get ____________ out of his back pocket.
4. Who is the new Seeker on the Slytherin team?
5. Who catches Ron, Hermione and Harry coming out of the girls' bathroom where Moaning Myrtle stays?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the students saying about Harry after they find he can speak to snakes like Salazar Slytherin?
2. Explain why Vernon Dursley is so excited to receive the letter from the Improper Use of Magic Office after Dobby breaks Petunia's pudding dessert in Chapter Two.
3. What are some of the presents Harry gets for Christmas?
4. What happens when Harry gives Lucius Malfoy the diary that belonged to Tom Riddle?
5. How does Harry distract Snape while Hermione retrieves the needed ingredients?
6. Who do Harry, Ron, and Hermione seem to think would be a possibility for the Heir Slytherin in Chapter Nine and why?
7. Describe Harry's feelings for Hogwarts, his school, as compared to the Dursley house where he lives with his aunt and uncle from what is detailed in Chapter One.
8. When Harry gets to the Chamber of Secrets in Chapter Seventeen what does Tom Riddle tell him?
9. Describe the Deathday party for Nearly Headless Nick.
10. Who are the two people removed from the school in Chapter Fourteen? What happens to them?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)