|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harry see in the shop where he is accidentally transported?
(a) Draco Malfoy
(b) Mr. Weasley
(d) Tom Riddle
2. What does Hagrid say he is looking for in Knockturn Alley?
(a) Snake Skin Repellent
(b) Flesh-Eatin' Slug Repellent
(c) New Dancing Shoes
(d) Maddening Wasp Repellent
3. What are Harry and Ron supposed to be turning their beetles into in Transfiguration class?
(d) Tap dancing beetles
4. How do Harry and Ron get to Hogwarts?
(a) A taxi cab
(b) A giant bird
(c) In the magical flying car.
5. Whose office is Harry brought to for tracking mud into the castle?
(a) Aunt Petunia
(b) Argus Filch
(c) Professor Snape
(d) Professor Sprout
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys say about a family that would be able to own a House Elf?
2. What does Filch say that Harry knows that he is?
3. What club has refused to admit Nearly Headless Nick?
4. What does Uncle Vernon say the Masons know about Harry?
5. Who poses for the picture with Harry for Colin Creevey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction that Harry and Ron receive from the other students in the Gryffindor House when they enter it after leaving Professor McGonagall's office in Chapter Five?
2. Explain why Vernon Dursley is so excited to receive the letter from the Improper Use of Magic Office after Dobby breaks Petunia's pudding dessert in Chapter Two.
3. Describe the Deathday party for Nearly Headless Nick.
4. Describe the Ford Anglia that Mr. Weasley has enchanted and how it drives in Chapter Five when Ron drives it to Hogwarts.
5. What do Harry and Ron overhear the teachers talking about in Chapter Sixteen regarding the Chamber of Secrets?
6. What does Dumbledore tell Harry regarding his likeness to Voldemort?
7. What are the students saying about Harry after they find he can speak to snakes like Salazar Slytherin?
8. What does Professor Binns tell the students about the Chamber of Secrets?
9. What is the reaction from those that find the petrified cat and the message on the wall stating that the heir of Slytherin has returned?
10. Describe Fred and George and their appearance in Chapter Three.
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)