|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry find wrong with his bed when he gets to his room?
(a) The bed is broken.
(b) His owl tipped his cage onto it.
(c) Someone is sitting on it.
(d) It hasn't been made.
2. What does Harry break when he travels by Floo powder?
(a) His nose
(b) His glasses
(c) His wand
(d) His feelings
3. What are Harry and Ron supposed to be turning their beetles into in Transfiguration class?
(b) Tap dancing beetles
4. Why is the Mandrake considered dangerous?
(a) Its bite will cause death in moments.
(b) Its cry is fatal to anyone who hears it.
(c) It smells bad enough to cause convulsions.
(d) Anyone who looks at it long enough becomes entranced.
5. What does Ginny almost leave at the house that they have to go back and get?
(a) Her Wand
(b) Her Gym Shoes
(c) Her School Books
(d) Her Diary
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the voice NOT say that Harry hears when he is signing photos for Gilderoy Lockhart?
2. What letter does Harry find on the desk of Argus Filch?
3. Who does Harry and Hermione take Ron to see when he curses himself?
4. What does Harry do with Dobby when Uncle Vernon comes into the room to tell Harry to be quiet?
5. What does Harry ask Dobby that causes Dobby to cry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ginny Weasley.
2. Describe the Ford Anglia that Mr. Weasley has enchanted and how it drives in Chapter Five when Ron drives it to Hogwarts.
3. Explain the relationship between Collin Creevey and Harry Potter as seen in Chapter Seven.
4. What is confusing to Harry when he hears the voice in the hall before they find the petrified cat?
5. Describe the type of student that Hermione is from the description given in Chapter Six.
6. Explain Harry's reaction when he hears the voice in Chapter Seven while serving detention.
7. Describe Gilderoy Lockhart.
8. Describe Harry's feelings for Hogwarts, his school, as compared to the Dursley house where he lives with his aunt and uncle from what is detailed in Chapter One.
9. Describe the reaction Vernon has when he realizes that Harry is escaping with Ron and his brothers. Do you think his reaction is odd? Why or why not.
10. Why does Harry not tell the professors about the voice he hears?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)