|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was turned into a spider that causes Ron to have a fear of them?
(a) His teddy bear
(b) His bike
(c) His underwear
(d) His birthday cake
2. Where is Ron's father that he does not know the boys took the car?
(a) At a magical conference
(b) Hunting gnomes
(c) Sleeping in a boat.
3. What does the letter Ron receives from his mother do after it is done screaming at him?
(a) Begins to bite people
(b) Rips itself into pieces
(d) Bursts into flames
4. Why does Gilderoy Lockhart think that Harry flew the car to Hogwarts?
(a) Girls he wanted to impress
(b) Because of a fear of trains
(d) Thrill seekers
5. Who helps Harry get out of trouble with Argus Filch?
(b) Uncle Vernon
(c) Ron and Hermione
(d) Nearly Headless Nick
Short Answer Questions
1. While the car is beginning to fall to earth, Ron lets go of the wheel to get ____________ out of his back pocket.
2. What happens to Ron's wand in the crash?
3. What club has refused to admit Nearly Headless Nick?
4. What letter does Harry find on the desk of Argus Filch?
5. What does Ron say, to tease Harry, that Ginny Weasley and Colin Creevey might start?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Two Harry has a dream that he is in locked in a cage. Explain how the dream explains his situation and his feelings.
2. Describe the reaction Vernon has when he realizes that Harry is escaping with Ron and his brothers. Do you think his reaction is odd? Why or why not.
3. What is confusing to Harry when he hears the voice in the hall before they find the petrified cat?
4. What does Harry see while he is hiding in the Borgin and Burkes Shop on Knockturn Alley.
5. In Chapter Five what does Gilderoy Lockhart say is the cause for Harry flying the car to school?
6. Describe Dobby the House Elf's character when he arrives in Chapter Two.
7. Give one word that explains Vernon Dursley's reaction when Harry says "magic" in Chapter One. Explain why you have given this word.
8. Who do Harry, Ron, and Hermione seem to think would be a possibility for the Heir Slytherin in Chapter Nine and why?
9. Describe the difference between the treatment that Harry and Dudley receive from Petunia and Vernon Dursley as outlined in Chapter One.
10. McGonagall finds Harry and Ron and tells them what their detention punishment will be. Harry will help Lockhart sign his fan mail and Ron will polish trophies without using magic. Are these detentions appropriate for them? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,348 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)