|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two schools were said to have had a serious argument about which students to be let into Hogwarts?
(a) Gryffindor and Hufflepuff
(b) Slytherin and Gryffindor
(c) Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw
(d) Ravenclaw and Slytherin
2. What does Harry see in the bushes that catches his attention?
(a) A Singing Frog
(b) A Wolf
(c) Two Eyes
(d) A Fairy
3. What does Hagrid say he is looking for in Knockturn Alley?
(a) New Dancing Shoes
(b) Snake Skin Repellent
(c) Flesh-Eatin' Slug Repellent
(d) Maddening Wasp Repellent
4. What letter does Harry find on the desk of Argus Filch?
(a) Magic Cleaning Supplier
(b) How to be a people person
(d) Cat club
5. What does Dobby do that gets Harry in trouble with his Uncle Vernon?
(a) Puts live bugs on the dinner dishes
(b) Drops Aunt Petunia's pudding dessert
(c) Sets the house of fire
(d) Puts a magic spell on the stove
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Myrtle live?
2. Why is Hagrid not allowed to use magic?
3. What do Fred and George tell Harry about a House Elf's power?
4. Where is Ron's father that he does not know the boys took the car?
5. Who catches Ron, Hermione and Harry coming out of the girls' bathroom where Moaning Myrtle stays?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Serverous Snape and the description that Ron and Harry give him in Chapter Five.
2. In Chapter One there is something worrying Harry regarding Hogwarts. What is it?
3. Describe the difference between the treatment that Harry and Dudley receive from Petunia and Vernon Dursley as outlined in Chapter One.
4. Describe Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.
5. What does Harry see while he is hiding in the Borgin and Burkes Shop on Knockturn Alley.
6. What is the reaction from those that find the petrified cat and the message on the wall stating that the heir of Slytherin has returned?
7. Explain Harry's reaction when he hears the voice in Chapter Seven while serving detention.
8. In Chapter Five what does Gilderoy Lockhart say is the cause for Harry flying the car to school?
9. Describe Harry's feelings for Hogwarts, his school, as compared to the Dursley house where he lives with his aunt and uncle from what is detailed in Chapter One.
10. Describe the Weasley house.
This section contains 1,187 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)