|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Filch say that Harry knows that he is?
(a) A filthy man
(b) A Squib
(c) A muggle
(d) A mud-blood
2. What does Dobby do that gets Harry in trouble with his Uncle Vernon?
(a) Drops Aunt Petunia's pudding dessert
(b) Puts a magic spell on the stove
(c) Sets the house of fire
(d) Puts live bugs on the dinner dishes
3. What has Hermione drawn on her schedule next to Gilderoy Lockhart's lessons?
(c) Lockharts smiling face
4. What does Uncle Vernon do with Harry's items from Hogwarts when Harry gets home for the holidays?
(a) Locks them away under the stairs in the cupboard
(b) Puts them in a chest in the attic
(c) Burns them
(d) Throws them away
5. Who shows up outside Harry's window after Harry has been locked in his room?
(a) Ron Weasley
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Fred and George tell Harry about a House Elf's power?
2. What does Ginny almost leave at the house that they have to go back and get?
3. Why is the Mandrake considered dangerous?
4. Who does the sign tell to "beware?"
5. What does Professor McGonagall tell the boys they should have done instead of drive the car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the relationship between Collin Creevey and Harry Potter as seen in Chapter Seven.
2. Describe the Deathday party for Nearly Headless Nick.
3. What is the reaction that Harry and Ron receive from the other students in the Gryffindor House when they enter it after leaving Professor McGonagall's office in Chapter Five?
4. McGonagall finds Harry and Ron and tells them what their detention punishment will be. Harry will help Lockhart sign his fan mail and Ron will polish trophies without using magic. Are these detentions appropriate for them? Why or why not?
5. Explain how Harry feels about the fortune that his parents left him that is held in Gringotts in London.
6. What does Professor Binns tell the students about the Chamber of Secrets?
7. In Chapter One there is something worrying Harry regarding Hogwarts. What is it?
8. Describe the Ford Anglia that Mr. Weasley has enchanted and how it drives in Chapter Five when Ron drives it to Hogwarts.
9. Give one word that explains Vernon Dursley's reaction when Harry says "magic" in Chapter One. Explain why you have given this word.
10. Describe what happens in Gilderoy Lockhart's first class in Chapter Six. What does this reveal about his character?
This section contains 1,314 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)