|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose office is Harry brought to for tracking mud into the castle?
(a) Argus Filch
(b) Aunt Petunia
(c) Professor Snape
(d) Professor Sprout
2. What is Harry given to eat before the Masons arrive?
(a) Two pieces of bread and a lump of cheese
(b) A peanut butter and jelly sandwich
(d) Moldy bread and a glass of water
3. Who calls Myrtle over to Hermione?
(a) The Bloody Baron
(b) Nearly Headless Nick
(c) Peeves the Poltergeist
(d) The Fat Friar
4. What does Dudley say to Harry that makes him the most upset?
(a) That his mother and father were losers.
(b) That he does not have any friends.
(c) That his owl is going to be cooked for dinner.
(d) That magic is stupid and Harry is too.
5. What does the letter Ron receives from his mother do after it is done screaming at him?
(b) Begins to bite people
(c) Bursts into flames
(d) Rips itself into pieces
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Dobby say he must serve his wizarding family?
2. Who catches Ron, Hermione and Harry coming out of the girls' bathroom where Moaning Myrtle stays?
3. How do they travel to Diagon Alley to get school supplies?
4. What does Hagrid say he is looking for in Knockturn Alley?
5. What do Ron, Hermione, and Harry find when they go back to the Hall where Mrs. Norris had been petrified?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Harry gets to the Chamber of Secrets in Chapter Seventeen what does Tom Riddle tell him?
2. What is the reaction that Harry and Ron receive from the other students in the Gryffindor House when they enter it after leaving Professor McGonagall's office in Chapter Five?
3. Describe Dobby the House Elf's character when he arrives in Chapter Two.
4. Describe the Deathday party for Nearly Headless Nick.
5. What is Filch's reaction when he finds Mrs. Norris, his cat, petrified?
6. In Chapter Thirteen why has Moaning Myrtle flooded the bathroom and been crying?
7. McGonagall finds Harry and Ron and tells them what their detention punishment will be. Harry will help Lockhart sign his fan mail and Ron will polish trophies without using magic. Are these detentions appropriate for them? Why or why not?
8. Describe the difference between the treatment that Harry and Dudley receive from Petunia and Vernon Dursley as outlined in Chapter One.
9. Describe what happens in Gilderoy Lockhart's first class in Chapter Six. What does this reveal about his character?
10. Why does Harry not tell the professors about the voice he hears?
This section contains 1,248 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)