|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up outside Harry's window after Harry has been locked in his room?
(c) Ron Weasley
2. Why does Dobby tell Harry he has come to talk to him?
(a) To warn him
(b) To talk to him
(c) To spit on him
(d) To yell at him
3. What are Harry and Ron supposed to be turning their beetles into in Transfiguration class?
(b) Tap dancing beetles
4. What does Harry have to do for his detention punishment?
(a) Help Hagrid with his pumkins
(b) Help Professor Sprout with the Mandrakes
(c) Polish the silver with Mr. Filch
(d) Sign fan mail for Gilderoy Lockhart
5. How do Harry and Ron get to Hogwarts?
(b) A giant bird
(c) A taxi cab
(d) In the magical flying car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who yells that the Mud Bloods will be next when he sees Mrs. Norris hanging petrified?
2. Where does Myrtle live?
3. How long does Dobby say he must serve his wizarding family?
4. Who is visiting Hagrid when Harry and Hermione get Ron to his house?
5. What do the boys say about a family that would be able to own a House Elf?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is confusing to Harry when he hears the voice in the hall before they find the petrified cat?
2. Describe the Ford Anglia that Mr. Weasley has enchanted and how it drives in Chapter Five when Ron drives it to Hogwarts.
3. Describe the Weasley house.
4. Describe the difference between the treatment that Harry and Dudley receive from Petunia and Vernon Dursley as outlined in Chapter One.
5. What are the things that Professor Snape tells Ron and Harry they are in trouble for doing?
6. Explain the relationship between Collin Creevey and Harry Potter as seen in Chapter Seven.
7. What does Professor Binns tell the students about the Chamber of Secrets?
8. Explain why Vernon Dursley is so excited to receive the letter from the Improper Use of Magic Office after Dobby breaks Petunia's pudding dessert in Chapter Two.
9. In Chapter One there is something worrying Harry regarding Hogwarts. What is it?
10. Why does Harry not tell the professors about the voice he hears?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)