|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the letter say that is delivered after Dobby drops the pudding?
(a) That he must return to school at once.
(b) The house elf has been stolen.
(c) That since magic came from his house, Harry is expelled from school.
(d) The pudding commision is going to sue him.
2. What kind of elf is Dobby?
(a) The Best Elf
(b) Shoe Elf
(c) House Elf
(d) Cupboard Elf
3. Which two schools were said to have had a serious argument about which students to be let into Hogwarts?
(a) Slytherin and Gryffindor
(b) Ravenclaw and Slytherin
(c) Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw
(d) Gryffindor and Hufflepuff
4. What does Harry break when he travels by Floo powder?
(a) His feelings
(b) His nose
(c) His glasses
(d) His wand
5. Who poses for the picture with Harry for Colin Creevey?
(b) Mr. Malfoy
(d) Gilderoy Lockhart
Short Answer Questions
1. While the car is beginning to fall to earth, Ron lets go of the wheel to get ____________ out of his back pocket.
2. Who does Ron think knows about the Chamber of Secrets?
3. What happens to Ron's wand in the crash?
4. Why does Dobby tell Harry he has come to talk to him?
5. Whose fault does Ron originally think it might be when Harry does not answer any letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give one word that explains Vernon Dursley's reaction when Harry says "magic" in Chapter One. Explain why you have given this word.
2. Explain the relationship between Collin Creevey and Harry Potter as seen in Chapter Seven.
3. Explain how Harry feels about the fortune that his parents left him that is held in Gringotts in London.
4. Describe Gilderoy Lockhart.
5. What does Professor Binns tell the students about the Chamber of Secrets?
6. Describe Ginny Weasley.
7. What is Filch's reaction when he finds Mrs. Norris, his cat, petrified?
8. Describe the Deathday party for Nearly Headless Nick.
9. What does Harry see while he is hiding in the Borgin and Burkes Shop on Knockturn Alley.
10. Draco Malfoy calls Hermione a Mudblood in Chapter Seven. Given the reaction to what is said, explain the significance of the term and what its description would be.
This section contains 1,172 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)