|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dudley say to Harry that makes him the most upset?
(a) That he does not have any friends.
(b) That his mother and father were losers.
(c) That magic is stupid and Harry is too.
(d) That his owl is going to be cooked for dinner.
2. While the car is beginning to fall to earth, Ron lets go of the wheel to get ____________ out of his back pocket.
(a) A magic jelly bean
(b) His cell phone
(c) His magic wand
(d) His flying dust
3. What happens that causes Harry to mispronounce Diagon Alley?
(a) He sneezes from the powder.
(b) He remembers his socks do not match.
(c) He gets nervous and stutters.
(d) He coughs after geting hot ash in his mouth.
4. How long does Dobby say he must serve his wizarding family?
(b) Until he decides to quit
(c) Two years
(d) Two hundred years
5. What allows Ron to be level with Harry's window?
(a) A magic carpet
(b) A ladder
(c) A flying car
(d) A dragon
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mirror in the kitchen at the Weasley house tell Harry to do?
2. Why is the Mandrake considered dangerous?
3. What is Harry given to eat before the Masons arrive?
4. What does Mr. Weasley install on the car in case they want to fly it?
5. What attacks the car after it has crashed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Vernon Dursley is so excited to receive the letter from the Improper Use of Magic Office after Dobby breaks Petunia's pudding dessert in Chapter Two.
2. Describe Gilderoy Lockhart.
3. Describe Serverous Snape and the description that Ron and Harry give him in Chapter Five.
4. Describe the Ford Anglia that Mr. Weasley has enchanted and how it drives in Chapter Five when Ron drives it to Hogwarts.
5. McGonagall finds Harry and Ron and tells them what their detention punishment will be. Harry will help Lockhart sign his fan mail and Ron will polish trophies without using magic. Are these detentions appropriate for them? Why or why not?
6. Draco Malfoy calls Hermione a Mudblood in Chapter Seven. Given the reaction to what is said, explain the significance of the term and what its description would be.
7. Describe the reaction Vernon has when he realizes that Harry is escaping with Ron and his brothers. Do you think his reaction is odd? Why or why not.
8. What is Filch's reaction when he finds Mrs. Norris, his cat, petrified?
9. Describe the Weasley house.
10. Explain the relationship between Collin Creevey and Harry Potter as seen in Chapter Seven.
This section contains 1,303 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)