|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hermione want to get the Moste Potente Potions book?
(a) Truth serum
(b) To keep the table from wobbling
(c) Polyjuice potion
(d) Future juice
2. Who does the sign tell to "beware?"
(a) Enemies of rythm
(b) Enemies of Lord Voldemort
(c) Enemies of pure bloods
(d) Enemies of the Heir
3. Why does the Slytherin team get special permission from Professor Snape to practice?
(a) To train their new Seeker
(b) To have an equal advantage when they play
(c) Because Professor Snape does not like the Gryffindor team
(d) Because they have flying exams later
4. While the car is beginning to fall to earth, Ron lets go of the wheel to get ____________ out of his back pocket.
(a) His flying dust
(b) A magic jelly bean
(c) His magic wand
(d) His cell phone
5. What does Ron say, to tease Harry, that Ginny Weasley and Colin Creevey might start?
(a) Harry Potter theme song
(b) A musical group called "Tribute to Harry Potter"
(d) Harry Potter fan club
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they travel to Diagon Alley to get school supplies?
2. At what has Gilderoy Lockhart claimed he is better than Professor Sprout?
3. What comes into the house that terrifies the Masons?
4. How do Fred and George get to Harry's magic items that have been locked up in the cupboard?
5. Whose fault does Ron originally think it might be when Harry does not answer any letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Harry's feelings for Hogwarts, his school, as compared to the Dursley house where he lives with his aunt and uncle from what is detailed in Chapter One.
2. Describe Gilderoy Lockhart.
3. Describe Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.
4. Give one word that explains Vernon Dursley's reaction when Harry says "magic" in Chapter One. Explain why you have given this word.
5. What is the reaction from those that find the petrified cat and the message on the wall stating that the heir of Slytherin has returned?
6. Why does Harry not tell the professors about the voice he hears?
7. Describe Dobby the House Elf's character when he arrives in Chapter Two.
8. Explain Harry's reaction when he hears the voice in Chapter Seven while serving detention.
9. Draco Malfoy calls Hermione a Mudblood in Chapter Seven. Given the reaction to what is said, explain the significance of the term and what its description would be.
10. Explain how Harry feels about the fortune that his parents left him that is held in Gringotts in London.
This section contains 1,233 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)