|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Hermione drawn on her schedule next to Gilderoy Lockhart's lessons?
(a) Lockharts smiling face
2. What allows Ron to be level with Harry's window?
(a) A magic carpet
(b) A flying car
(c) A ladder
(d) A dragon
3. What happens to Ron's wand in the crash?
(a) It starts to glow
(b) It breaks into two pieces
(c) It turns into a snake
(d) It gets lost
4. Why does Dobby tell Harry he has come to talk to him?
(a) To talk to him
(b) To spit on him
(c) To yell at him
(d) To warn him
5. What does Ron get during breakfast from his mother?
(a) A lashing package
(b) A list of things to do as punishment for taking the car
(c) An ugly shirt
(d) A Howler letter
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes out of Ron's mouth after his curse towards Draco Malfoy misfires?
2. Why does Hermione want to get the Moste Potente Potions book?
3. What does Dobby pull out of his clothing that belongs to Harry?
4. How many letters has Harry received from his friends over the holidays?
5. While the car is beginning to fall to earth, Ron lets go of the wheel to get ____________ out of his back pocket.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the effects of the Howler letter that Ron's mother sends him in Chapter Six?
2. From what Dobby tells Harry in Chapter Two there is danger waiting at Hogwarts although he does not explain to Harry what that danger is. Do you think that Dobby could have told Harry anything that would have kept him from leaving the Durlseys and returning to Hogwarts? Explain.
3. Explain how Harry feels about the fortune that his parents left him that is held in Gringotts in London.
4. Describe Mr. Filch from the description given when he takes Harry into his office in Chapter Eight. Why does he let Harry go without punishment?
5. What is confusing to Harry when he hears the voice in the hall before they find the petrified cat?
6. Describe the type of student that Hermione is from the description given in Chapter Six.
7. Describe Serverous Snape and the description that Ron and Harry give him in Chapter Five.
8. McGonagall finds Harry and Ron and tells them what their detention punishment will be. Harry will help Lockhart sign his fan mail and Ron will polish trophies without using magic. Are these detentions appropriate for them? Why or why not?
9. Describe Gilderoy Lockhart.
10. Draco Malfoy calls Hermione a Mudblood in Chapter Seven. Given the reaction to what is said, explain the significance of the term and what its description would be.
This section contains 1,224 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)