|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ron get during breakfast from his mother?
(a) A lashing package
(b) A Howler letter
(c) A list of things to do as punishment for taking the car
(d) An ugly shirt
2. What does Nearly Headless Nick ask Harry to do as a favor?
(a) Find him a date
(b) Show up at his Deathday party
(c) Speak with the leaders of the Headless Hunt
(d) See if he can find a spell to remove the last part of his head
3. What does Harry break when he travels by Floo powder?
(a) His nose
(b) His feelings
(c) His wand
(d) His glasses
4. Who does the sign tell to "beware?"
(a) Enemies of the Heir
(b) Enemies of pure bloods
(c) Enemies of Lord Voldemort
(d) Enemies of rythm
5. What is wrong with Harry's owl?
(a) It hates Dudley.
(b) It is hungry.
(c) It wants out of its cage.
(d) It ate a sickly cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Vernon's company make?
2. Who does Ron think knows about the Chamber of Secrets?
3. Who tags along with Harry to Quidditch practice even though Harry tries to get him/her not to do it?
4. Who yells that the Mud Bloods will be next when he sees Mrs. Norris hanging petrified?
5. What comes into the house that terrifies the Masons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give one word that explains Vernon Dursley's reaction when Harry says "magic" in Chapter One. Explain why you have given this word.
2. In Chapter Two Harry has a dream that he is in locked in a cage. Explain how the dream explains his situation and his feelings.
3. What does Harry see while he is hiding in the Borgin and Burkes Shop on Knockturn Alley.
4. In Chapter One there is something worrying Harry regarding Hogwarts. What is it?
5. Describe Gilderoy Lockhart.
6. Why does Harry not tell the professors about the voice he hears?
7. Explain the relationship between Collin Creevey and Harry Potter as seen in Chapter Seven.
8. Describe Fred and George and their appearance in Chapter Three.
9. Describe Mr. Filch from the description given when he takes Harry into his office in Chapter Eight. Why does he let Harry go without punishment?
10. Draco Malfoy calls Hermione a Mudblood in Chapter Seven. Given the reaction to what is said, explain the significance of the term and what its description would be.
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)