|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up outside Harry's window after Harry has been locked in his room?
(c) Ron Weasley
2. Which two schools were said to have had a serious argument about which students to be let into Hogwarts?
(a) Ravenclaw and Slytherin
(b) Gryffindor and Hufflepuff
(c) Slytherin and Gryffindor
(d) Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw
3. Who else is in the car with Ron?
(a) George and Fred
(d) Ron's mother
4. Who yells that the Mud Bloods will be next when he sees Mrs. Norris hanging petrified?
(c) Professor Snape
(d) Draco Malfoy
5. How long does Dobby say he must serve his wizarding family?
(a) Two hundred years
(c) Until he decides to quit
(d) Two years
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Vernon do with Harry's items from Hogwarts when Harry gets home for the holidays?
2. What happens that causes Harry to mispronounce Diagon Alley?
3. What does Harry break when he travels by Floo powder?
4. Who do Harry, Ron and Hermione find petrified when they follow the voice that Harry hears?
5. Where is Ron's father that he does not know the boys took the car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in Gilderoy Lockhart's first class in Chapter Six. What does this reveal about his character?
2. Describe the type of student that Hermione is from the description given in Chapter Six.
3. What are the things that Professor Snape tells Ron and Harry they are in trouble for doing?
4. Describe Harry's feelings for Hogwarts, his school, as compared to the Dursley house where he lives with his aunt and uncle from what is detailed in Chapter One.
5. Describe Gilderoy Lockhart.
6. What does Harry see while he is hiding in the Borgin and Burkes Shop on Knockturn Alley.
7. What is Filch's reaction when he finds Mrs. Norris, his cat, petrified?
8. In Chapter One there is something worrying Harry regarding Hogwarts. What is it?
9. Describe Dobby the House Elf's character when he arrives in Chapter Two.
10. Give one word that explains Vernon Dursley's reaction when Harry says "magic" in Chapter One. Explain why you have given this word.
This section contains 1,276 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)