|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gilderoy Lockhart let go in the class room and leave the students to catch?
(a) Enchanted spiders
(b) Cornish pixies
(c) Garden gnomes
2. What are Harry and Ron supposed to be turning their beetles into in Transfiguration class?
(d) Tap dancing beetles
3. What does Ron say, to tease Harry, that Ginny Weasley and Colin Creevey might start?
(a) Harry Potter theme song
(c) Harry Potter fan club
(d) A musical group called "Tribute to Harry Potter"
4. What does Dobby pull out of his clothing that belongs to Harry?
(a) Letters from his friends
(b) Pictures of his parents
(d) His favorite dance videos
5. What attacks the car after it has crashed?
(a) A flock of birds
(b) Several angry owls
(c) The tree into which it crashed
(d) A giant spider
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry yell to Uncle Vernon and the others as he and the Weasleys drive away?
2. What does Dobby do that gets Harry in trouble with his Uncle Vernon?
3. What does Professor McGonagall tell the boys they should have done instead of drive the car?
4. What does the letter say that is delivered after Dobby drops the pudding?
5. What does the letter Ron receives from his mother do after it is done screaming at him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction that Harry and Ron receive from the other students in the Gryffindor House when they enter it after leaving Professor McGonagall's office in Chapter Five?
2. Give one word that explains Vernon Dursley's reaction when Harry says "magic" in Chapter One. Explain why you have given this word.
3. Describe the Deathday party for Nearly Headless Nick.
4. Describe the Ford Anglia that Mr. Weasley has enchanted and how it drives in Chapter Five when Ron drives it to Hogwarts.
5. Draco Malfoy calls Hermione a Mudblood in Chapter Seven. Given the reaction to what is said, explain the significance of the term and what its description would be.
6. What are some of the effects of the Howler letter that Ron's mother sends him in Chapter Six?
7. Describe the type of student that Hermione is from the description given in Chapter Six.
8. Describe Mr. Filch from the description given when he takes Harry into his office in Chapter Eight. Why does he let Harry go without punishment?
9. In Chapter Five what does Gilderoy Lockhart say is the cause for Harry flying the car to school?
10. From what Dobby tells Harry in Chapter Two there is danger waiting at Hogwarts although he does not explain to Harry what that danger is. Do you think that Dobby could have told Harry anything that would have kept him from leaving the Durlseys and returning to Hogwarts? Explain.
This section contains 1,353 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)