|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was turned into a spider that causes Ron to have a fear of them?
(a) His birthday cake
(b) His bike
(c) His underwear
(d) His teddy bear
2. What does Ginny almost leave at the house that they have to go back and get?
(a) Her School Books
(b) Her Wand
(c) Her Gym Shoes
(d) Her Diary
3. Once out of the strange shop, who does Harry find that helps him to Diagon Alley?
(a) Mr. Weasley
(b) Severas Snape
4. Why does Colin Creevey say that he wants to take Harry's picture?
(a) So he can have something to laugh at
(b) For the school year book
(c) For Quidditch posters
(d) To prove that he has met Harry
5. How many letters has Harry received from his friends over the holidays?
(c) Too many to count
(d) A Few
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the new Seeker on the Slytherin team?
2. Where is Dudley told he will be when the Masons arrive for dinner?
3. What does Hagrid say he is looking for in Knockturn Alley?
4. What does Filch say that Harry knows that he is?
5. Who does Harry see in the shop where he is accidentally transported?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give one word that explains Vernon Dursley's reaction when Harry says "magic" in Chapter One. Explain why you have given this word.
2. What are the things that Professor Snape tells Ron and Harry they are in trouble for doing?
3. What does Harry see while he is hiding in the Borgin and Burkes Shop on Knockturn Alley.
4. What is Filch's reaction when he finds Mrs. Norris, his cat, petrified?
5. What are some of the effects of the Howler letter that Ron's mother sends him in Chapter Six?
6. Describe Serverous Snape and the description that Ron and Harry give him in Chapter Five.
7. In Chapter Five what does Gilderoy Lockhart say is the cause for Harry flying the car to school?
8. Explain the relationship between Collin Creevey and Harry Potter as seen in Chapter Seven.
9. Explain Harry's reaction when he hears the voice in Chapter Seven while serving detention.
10. McGonagall finds Harry and Ron and tells them what their detention punishment will be. Harry will help Lockhart sign his fan mail and Ron will polish trophies without using magic. Are these detentions appropriate for them? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)