|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ron think knows about the Chamber of Secrets?
(b) Professor Snape
(c) Draco Malfoy
2. What does Hagrid say he is looking for in Knockturn Alley?
(a) Flesh-Eatin' Slug Repellent
(b) New Dancing Shoes
(c) Snake Skin Repellent
(d) Maddening Wasp Repellent
3. What does Nearly Headless Nick ask Harry to do as a favor?
(a) See if he can find a spell to remove the last part of his head
(b) Show up at his Deathday party
(c) Speak with the leaders of the Headless Hunt
(d) Find him a date
4. How do Harry and Ron get to Hogwarts?
(a) In the magical flying car.
(b) A taxi cab
(d) A giant bird
5. Who helps Harry get out of trouble with Argus Filch?
(a) Nearly Headless Nick
(b) Uncle Vernon
(d) Ron and Hermione
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Professor Snape suggest Harry should be restricted from until he tells the truth about the cat?
2. Who does Professor Binns say will be able to open the chamber according to the legend?
3. What do Ron, Hermione, and Harry find when they go back to the Hall where Mrs. Norris had been petrified?
4. What does Dudley say to Harry that makes him the most upset?
5. What does Mr. Weasley install on the car in case they want to fly it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do Harry, Ron, and Hermione seem to think would be a possibility for the Heir Slytherin in Chapter Nine and why?
2. Explain why Vernon Dursley is so excited to receive the letter from the Improper Use of Magic Office after Dobby breaks Petunia's pudding dessert in Chapter Two.
3. What is confusing to Harry when he hears the voice in the hall before they find the petrified cat?
4. What is the reaction from those that find the petrified cat and the message on the wall stating that the heir of Slytherin has returned?
5. Describe Serverous Snape and the description that Ron and Harry give him in Chapter Five.
6. What does Professor Binns tell the students about the Chamber of Secrets?
7. In Chapter Five what does Gilderoy Lockhart say is the cause for Harry flying the car to school?
8. What is the reaction that Harry and Ron receive from the other students in the Gryffindor House when they enter it after leaving Professor McGonagall's office in Chapter Five?
9. What are the things that Professor Snape tells Ron and Harry they are in trouble for doing?
10. Explain Harry's reaction when he hears the voice in Chapter Seven while serving detention.
This section contains 1,217 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)