|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dudley say to Harry that makes him the most upset?
(a) That his mother and father were losers.
(b) That his owl is going to be cooked for dinner.
(c) That magic is stupid and Harry is too.
(d) That he does not have any friends.
2. Where is Ron's father that he does not know the boys took the car?
(a) Sleeping in a boat.
(b) Hunting gnomes
(c) At a magical conference
3. What does the letter Ron receives from his mother do after it is done screaming at him?
(a) Bursts into flames
(b) Begins to bite people
(c) Rips itself into pieces
4. What does Harry see in the bushes that catches his attention?
(a) Two Eyes
(b) A Singing Frog
(c) A Wolf
(d) A Fairy
5. What does Ron get during breakfast from his mother?
(a) A Howler letter
(b) An ugly shirt
(c) A list of things to do as punishment for taking the car
(d) A lashing package
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Vernon's company make?
2. Why does Gilderoy Lockhart think that Harry flew the car to Hogwarts?
3. Who tags along with Harry to Quidditch practice even though Harry tries to get him/her not to do it?
4. Who poses for the picture with Harry for Colin Creevey?
5. Why does Colin Creevey say that he wants to take Harry's picture?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ginny Weasley.
2. Describe Fred and George and their appearance in Chapter Three.
3. Give one word that explains Vernon Dursley's reaction when Harry says "magic" in Chapter One. Explain why you have given this word.
4. Describe Dobby the House Elf's character when he arrives in Chapter Two.
5. What is the reaction from those that find the petrified cat and the message on the wall stating that the heir of Slytherin has returned?
6. Explain how Harry feels about the fortune that his parents left him that is held in Gringotts in London.
7. Describe the Ford Anglia that Mr. Weasley has enchanted and how it drives in Chapter Five when Ron drives it to Hogwarts.
8. Describe the type of student that Hermione is from the description given in Chapter Six.
9. In Chapter Two Harry has a dream that he is in locked in a cage. Explain how the dream explains his situation and his feelings.
10. Describe Gilderoy Lockhart.
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)