|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Lucius throws the diary at Dobby the House Elf?
(a) He gets the sock and is freed.
(b) He gets the enchanted piece of paper and his powers grow.
(c) He eats it.
(d) He enters the diary.
2. What does Dumbledore tell Harry to look closely at for proof that he belongs in Gryffindor house?
(a) The sword from the sorting hat
(b) His wand
(c) The scar on his head
(d) The pheonix
3. What do Harry and Ron use to help them sneak out to visit Hagrid?
(a) Polyjuice potion
(b) Invisibility cloak
(c) Jedi mind tricks
(d) Floo powder
4. What does Professor McGonagall say into the megaphone when she steps out onto the Quidditch field?
(a) That she has made a bet on the game.
(b) Professor Dumbledore is sick.
(c) The game has been canceled.
(d) That the school is closing.
5. What does Lockhart do while trying to show Harry how to block an unfriendly spell?
(a) Produces a sneeze that tranforms a student into a cupcake
(b) Pauses to pose for a picture
(c) Drops his wand
(d) Trips over his own feet
6. What does Harry find has happened when he goes to his room?
(a) His school books have been taken
(b) Tom Riddle's diary is missing
(c) A French maid
(d) There is an enchantment that has been put on his things
7. Who does Professor McGonagall take Harry and Ron to see?
(a) A petrified Hagrid
(b) A petrified Hermione
(c) A petrified Tom Riddle
(d) A petrified Dumbledore
8. Who has been taken into the Chamber of Secrets?
(a) Draco Malfoy
(b) Ginny Weasley
(c) Ron Weasley
9. What happens when Gilderoy Lockhart tries to fix Harry's broken arm?
(a) He switches which arm is broken.
(b) He changes it into an ice cream cone.
(c) He detaches the arm.
(d) He removes the bones.
10. Who starts to tell Harry and Ron something before they are interrupted by Percy Weasley?
(a) Ginny Weasley
(b) Jordan Lee
(c) Professor Snape
(d) Neville Longbottom
11. What happens to Dumbledore's pet bird while Harry is waiting on him?
(a) Tells Harry's future
(b) Flies out the window
(c) Lays an egg
(d) Bursts into flames
12. Who does Harry decide might have been the victim of the creature from the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago?
(a) Tom Riddle
(b) Peeves the Poulterguist
(c) Moaning Myrtle
(d) Nearly Headless Nick
13. What do George and Fred do to try and cheer up Ginny?
(a) Give her magical candy
(b) Give her a flatulence spell
(c) Put magic charms on her chairs
(d) Jump out at her with fur or boils
14. Who is the first one to find Ron and Harry wandering in the halls while they are in the form of Crabbe and Goyle?
(a) Aunt Petunia
(b) Draco Malfoy
(c) Professor Snape
(d) Percy Weasley
15. Who does Harry find petrified while on his way to get his books for Transfiguration?
(b) Professor Snape
(c) Justin Finch-Fletchley and Nearly Headless Nick
(d) Mr. Filch
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Harry and Ron find Lockhart doing when they go to give him information about the Chamber of Secrets after Lockhart volunteered to enter the chamber to get Ginny back?
2. What does Harry do when Draco Malfoy produces a snake in the duel?
3. What does Dumbledore say the petrified student proves?
4. What does Hermione wake Harry and Ron up early to tell them?
5. Why does Draco Malfoy not see the Golden Snitch when it was by his ear?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)