|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dobby tell Harry he gets five times a day at home?
(a) His mouth washed out with soap
(b) Death Threats
2. Where do Hermione, Ron and Harry go to read the Moste Potente Potions book?
(a) Moaning Myrtle's bathroom
(b) Back corner of the bathroom
(c) Professor Snape's bedroom
(d) Quidditch training room
3. What does Ginny say she caught Percy doing that he told her to keep secret?
(a) Playing wizards chess
(b) Taking early O.W.L. exams
(c) Kissing his girlfriend
(d) Looking at the teacher's books
4. What does Dumbledore tell Harry about the Phoenix's tears?
(a) They are like acid.
(b) They give the gift of flight.
(c) They cause glimpses of the future.
(d) They are healing.
5. What is wrong when Harry and Ron ask a girl for directions to the Slytherin common room while they are in the form of Crabbe and Goyle?
(a) She is not in Slytherin.
(b) She realizes they are not Crabbe and Goyle.
(c) She gives them bad directions.
(d) She does not speak English.the
6. What is it that Dumbledore says makes Harry and Lord Voldemort different?
(a) Their desires
(b) Their choices
(c) Their pasts
(d) Their powers
7. What happens when Goyle's potion hits Draco Malfoy in the face?
(a) His nose inflates.
(b) His head explodes.
(c) His teeth turn green.
(d) His hair falls out.
8. Why does Tom Riddle refuse to use his father's last name?
(a) His father was friendly with Dumbledore.
(b) His father abandoned him.
(c) His father was a Muggle.
(d) He doesn't know who his father is.
9. What happens when Lucius throws the diary at Dobby the House Elf?
(a) He gets the enchanted piece of paper and his powers grow.
(b) He eats it.
(c) He enters the diary.
(d) He gets the sock and is freed.
10. How long does the book say they will have before they turn back?
(a) Twelve hours
(b) One day
(c) A month
(d) One hour
11. What do Harry and Ron use to help them sneak out to visit Hagrid?
(a) Polyjuice potion
(b) Floo powder
(c) Jedi mind tricks
(d) Invisibility cloak
12. What is Colin Creevey holding in his hands when he is found petrified?
(a) A pair of slippers
(b) A glass of warm milk
(c) A looking glass
(d) His camera
13. Why does Hermione say it's bad that Harry can talk to snakes?
(a) Because they are an evil animal
(b) Becuse Tom Riddle could talk to them
(c) Because Salazar Slytherin could talk to them
(d) Because it makes you look crazy
14. What does the head spider, Aragog, tell Harry about the creature that comes from the Chamber of Secrets?
(a) It is controlled by a student.
(b) It likes peanut butter.
(c) It is deadly.
(d) Spiders fear it.
15. What chases Harry at the Quidditch game and knocks him off his broom?
(a) One of Slytherin's players
(b) A carpet salesman
(c) A golden snitch
(d) A Bludger
Short Answer Questions
1. When Harry sees some spiders walking in a straight line where does he realize they are heading?
2. What happens to Dumbledore's pet bird while Harry is waiting on him?
3. Why is Moaning Myrtle crying?
4. What does Harry find has happened when he goes to his room?
5. What do Harry and Ron find when they open the diary?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)