|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saves Harry and Ron from the spiders?
(a) Lucious Malfoy
(b) Weasley's enchanted car
(d) Professor Snape
2. What does the phoenix, Fawkes, drop at Harry's feet in the Chamber of Secrets that amuses Tom Riddle?
(a) A book
(b) The invisibility cloak
(c) A mirror
(d) The sorting hat
3. What does Hedwig bring Harry from the Dursleys?
(d) A new wand
4. What does Ginny say she caught Percy doing that he told her to keep secret?
(a) Taking early O.W.L. exams
(b) Playing wizards chess
(c) Kissing his girlfriend
(d) Looking at the teacher's books
5. What does the phoenix do to the Basilisk?
(a) Plucks out his eyes
(b) Opesn wounds on his hide
(c) Distracts him while Harry strikes
(d) Defecates on him
6. How does Harry destroy Tom Riddle's diary?
(a) He burns it
(b) Stabs it with the sword
(c) The pheonix eats it
(d) Punctures it with a Basilisk tooth
7. Who does Harry find petrified while on his way to get his books for Transfiguration?
(a) Mr. Filch
(b) Justin Finch-Fletchley and Nearly Headless Nick
(d) Professor Snape
8. What does Harry find has happened when he goes to his room?
(a) A French maid
(b) There is an enchantment that has been put on his things
(c) His school books have been taken
(d) Tom Riddle's diary is missing
9. What do Harry and Ron find Lockhart doing when they go to give him information about the Chamber of Secrets after Lockhart volunteered to enter the chamber to get Ginny back?
(a) he has left
(b) signing autographs
(c) curling his hair
(d) packing to leave
10. What does Hermione give Ron and Harry that is intended to keep Crabbe and Goyle away while they use the transformation potions?
(a) Apple cider with sleeping potion in them
(b) Dentention slips for the night
(c) Tickets to a Quidditch game far away
(d) Chocolate cakes with sleeping potion in them
11. Who starts to tell Harry and Ron something before they are interrupted by Percy Weasley?
(a) Ginny Weasley
(b) Professor Snape
(c) Neville Longbottom
(d) Jordan Lee
12. What does Harry do when Draco Malfoy produces a snake in the duel?
(a) He speaks to it.
(b) He casts a spell on it.
(c) He dances with it.
(d) He picks it up calmly.
13. What is it that Dumbledore says makes Harry and Lord Voldemort different?
(a) Their desires
(b) Their pasts
(c) Their powers
(d) Their choices
14. What do Harry and Ron find when they open the diary?
(a) Japanese Animation
(b) Dates of attacks on Muggles from fifty years ago
(c) It is blank.
(d) Moving drawings of Hogwarts and the Chamber of Secrets
15. Why does Tom Riddle refuse to use his father's last name?
(a) His father was a Muggle.
(b) His father was friendly with Dumbledore.
(c) He doesn't know who his father is.
(d) His father abandoned him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been taken into the Chamber of Secrets?
2. Why does Hermione say it's bad that Harry can talk to snakes?
3. Who does Draco Malfoy say should apply for Dumbledore's position as school headmaster?
4. What is the password to enter the Slytherin Tower?
5. What would happen to Dobby if his master gave him a single article of clothing?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)