|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Harry up while he is in the hospital wing?
(a) His arm hurting
(c) A terrible dream
(d) Ron sneaking in with pizza
2. When Harry leaves the hospital, where does he find Hermione and Ron?
(a) Professor Snape's classroom
(b) Moaning Myrtle's bathroom
(c) Hagrid's house
(d) Gryffindor tower
3. How long does the book say they will have before they turn back?
(a) Twelve hours
(b) One day
(c) A month
(d) One hour
4. What happens to Dumbledore's pet bird while Harry is waiting on him?
(a) Tells Harry's future
(b) Flies out the window
(c) Lays an egg
(d) Bursts into flames
5. What does Dumbledore tell Harry about the Phoenix's tears?
(a) They are healing.
(b) They give the gift of flight.
(c) They are like acid.
(d) They cause glimpses of the future.
6. What is wrong when Harry and Ron ask a girl for directions to the Slytherin common room while they are in the form of Crabbe and Goyle?
(a) She does not speak English.the
(b) She is not in Slytherin.
(c) She gives them bad directions.
(d) She realizes they are not Crabbe and Goyle.
7. What is in the newspaper article that Draco's father sends him?
(a) Mr. Weasley being asked to resign because of the car incident
(b) Professor Dumbledore being fired
(c) Dobby the house elf is freed
(d) Pure-blood wizard club
8. Dobby tells Harry that ________ sent the Bludger.
(a) Professor Snape
(b) Tom Riddle
(d) Draco Malfoy
9. What does Harry put into the diary before he gives it back to Lucius Malfoy?
(a) A howler letter
(b) A sock
(c) A shoe lace
(d) A enchanted piece of paper
10. What does Dobby tell Harry he gets five times a day at home?
(a) His mouth washed out with soap
(d) Death Threats
11. What goes wrong when Hermione takes the Polyjuice Potion?
(a) She turns into Professor Snape.
(b) She grows six extra arms.
(c) It does not affect her.
(d) She turns halfway into a cat.
12. What does the head spider, Aragog, tell Harry about the creature that comes from the Chamber of Secrets?
(a) It is deadly.
(b) It likes peanut butter.
(c) It is controlled by a student.
(d) Spiders fear it.
13. Why does Tom Riddle refuse to use his father's last name?
(a) His father was friendly with Dumbledore.
(b) His father was a Muggle.
(c) He doesn't know who his father is.
(d) His father abandoned him.
14. Who enters the room before Harry leaves Dumbledore's office?
(a) Professor Lockhart and his magic trunk
(b) Professor Snape and Dobby the house elf
(c) Petunia Dursley and Dudley
(d) Lucious Malfoy and Dobby the House Elf
15. What does Dumbledore tell Harry to look closely at for proof that he belongs in Gryffindor house?
(a) The sword from the sorting hat
(b) The scar on his head
(c) The pheonix
(d) His wand
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione wake Harry and Ron up early to tell them?
2. What is it that Dumbledore says makes Harry and Lord Voldemort different?
3. What happens when Gilderoy Lockhart tries to fix Harry's broken arm?
4. Why does Hermione say it's bad that Harry can talk to snakes?
5. Who decides he/she would be best for stealing the needed potion ingredients out of Snape's storeroom?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)