|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hermione say it's bad that Harry can talk to snakes?
(a) Because Salazar Slytherin could talk to them
(b) Because it makes you look crazy
(c) Because they are an evil animal
(d) Becuse Tom Riddle could talk to them
2. What wakes Harry up while he is in the hospital wing?
(a) A terrible dream
(b) Ron sneaking in with pizza
(c) His arm hurting
3. What is wrong when Harry and Ron ask a girl for directions to the Slytherin common room while they are in the form of Crabbe and Goyle?
(a) She realizes they are not Crabbe and Goyle.
(b) She does not speak English.the
(c) She is not in Slytherin.
(d) She gives them bad directions.
4. What do George and Fred do to try and cheer up Ginny?
(a) Give her magical candy
(b) Put magic charms on her chairs
(c) Give her a flatulence spell
(d) Jump out at her with fur or boils
5. How long does Hermione tell Ron and Harry it will be before they can have the Polyjuice Potion ready?
(a) A few days
(b) A month
(c) A couple of hours
(d) Two years
6. What does Harry have that provides a distraction in Snape's classroom?
(a) Cornish Pixie
(b) Giant Spider
(c) Filibuster Firework
(d) Lunar Moth
7. Who has been taken into the Chamber of Secrets?
(a) Ron Weasley
(c) Ginny Weasley
(d) Draco Malfoy
8. What does Ginny say she caught Percy doing that he told her to keep secret?
(a) Taking early O.W.L. exams
(b) Playing wizards chess
(c) Kissing his girlfriend
(d) Looking at the teacher's books
9. Why does Tom Riddle refuse to use his father's last name?
(a) He doesn't know who his father is.
(b) His father was a Muggle.
(c) His father was friendly with Dumbledore.
(d) His father abandoned him.
10. What does Dobby tell Harry he gets five times a day at home?
(a) Death Threats
(d) His mouth washed out with soap
11. What happens to Dumbledore's pet bird while Harry is waiting on him?
(a) Tells Harry's future
(b) Bursts into flames
(c) Flies out the window
(d) Lays an egg
12. What does the phoenix, Fawkes, drop at Harry's feet in the Chamber of Secrets that amuses Tom Riddle?
(a) A book
(b) A mirror
(c) The sorting hat
(d) The invisibility cloak
13. What teacher does Hermione get to sign the paper giving her permission to go to the restricted section of the library?
(b) Professor Snape
(c) Mr. Filch
(d) Gilderoy Lockhart
14. Who are the two professors that are teaching the Dueling Club?
(a) Dumbledore and Snape
(b) Binns and Lockhart
(c) Lockhart and McGonagall
(d) Snape and Lockhart
15. What does Professor McGonagall tell the students that makes them happy?
(a) Hagrid's spider has been killed.
(b) The Heir of Slytherin has been caught.
(c) Dumbledore is coming back.
(d) The petrified students will soon be fixed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do when Draco Malfoy produces a snake in the duel?
2. What is in the newspaper article that Draco's father sends him?
3. What does the head spider, Aragog, tell Harry about the creature that comes from the Chamber of Secrets?
4. What teacher takes Harry Potter to Dumbledore after he is found at the scene of another attack?
5. Who decides he/she would be best for stealing the needed potion ingredients out of Snape's storeroom?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)