|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dumbledore tell Harry about the Phoenix's tears?
(a) They are healing.
(b) They cause glimpses of the future.
(c) They are like acid.
(d) They give the gift of flight.
2. Who does Harry get teamed up with during the dueling exercises?
(a) Draco Malfoy
3. Why does Tom Riddle refuse to use his father's last name?
(a) He doesn't know who his father is.
(b) His father abandoned him.
(c) His father was friendly with Dumbledore.
(d) His father was a Muggle.
4. Why does Hermione say it's bad that Harry can talk to snakes?
(a) Because it makes you look crazy
(b) Becuse Tom Riddle could talk to them
(c) Because they are an evil animal
(d) Because Salazar Slytherin could talk to them
5. What does Harry find in Hermione's hand?
(a) An exerpt about werewolves
(b) A goodbye letter
(c) An essay on deadly spiders
(d) A clipping about a Basilisk
6. Who does Professor McGonagall take Harry and Ron to see?
(a) A petrified Tom Riddle
(b) A petrified Dumbledore
(c) A petrified Hermione
(d) A petrified Hagrid
7. Who starts to tell Harry and Ron something before they are interrupted by Percy Weasley?
(a) Ginny Weasley
(b) Jordan Lee
(c) Professor Snape
(d) Neville Longbottom
8. What would happen to Dobby if his master gave him a single article of clothing?
(a) He would have to wear it every day.
(b) He would be free to leave.
(c) He would have to wash it.
(d) He would have to give it to a magical fairy.
9. What does Hedwig bring Harry from the Dursleys?
(a) A new wand
10. Why is Moaning Myrtle crying?
(a) Someone comes in to laugh at her.
(b) Someone throws a book through her head.
(c) She hears a voice threatening her.
(d) She lives in a toliet.
11. Who does Tom Riddle tell Harry opened the chamber of secrets fifty years ago?
(a) Professor Dumbledore
(b) Professor Snape
(c) Tom Riddle
12. What does Hagrid say someone would need to follow to find answers?
(c) Yellow brick road
13. What is wrong when Harry and Ron ask a girl for directions to the Slytherin common room while they are in the form of Crabbe and Goyle?
(a) She does not speak English.the
(b) She is not in Slytherin.
(c) She realizes they are not Crabbe and Goyle.
(d) She gives them bad directions.
14. What happens to Dumbledore's pet bird while Harry is waiting on him?
(a) Lays an egg
(b) Flies out the window
(c) Bursts into flames
(d) Tells Harry's future
15. What goes wrong when Hermione takes the Polyjuice Potion?
(a) She turns halfway into a cat.
(b) She turns into Professor Snape.
(c) It does not affect her.
(d) She grows six extra arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Draco Malfoy not see the Golden Snitch when it was by his ear?
2. Who is the first one to find Ron and Harry wandering in the halls while they are in the form of Crabbe and Goyle?
3. What happens when Goyle's potion hits Draco Malfoy in the face?
4. What is in the newspaper article that Draco's father sends him?
5. What does Hermione give Ron and Harry that is intended to keep Crabbe and Goyle away while they use the transformation potions?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)