|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saves Harry and Ron from the spiders?
(a) Professor Snape
(b) Lucious Malfoy
(d) Weasley's enchanted car
2. What does Lockhart do while trying to show Harry how to block an unfriendly spell?
(a) Drops his wand
(b) Produces a sneeze that tranforms a student into a cupcake
(c) Pauses to pose for a picture
(d) Trips over his own feet
3. Who decides he/she would be best for stealing the needed potion ingredients out of Snape's storeroom?
(b) Draco Malfoy
4. Why does Hermione say it's bad that Harry can talk to snakes?
(a) Because they are an evil animal
(b) Because it makes you look crazy
(c) Becuse Tom Riddle could talk to them
(d) Because Salazar Slytherin could talk to them
5. Who does Tom Riddle tell Harry opened the chamber of secrets fifty years ago?
(a) Professor Snape
(b) Tom Riddle
(d) Professor Dumbledore
6. What article of clothing do Ron and Harry take from Crabbe and Goyle?
(b) Sweaters from their grandmothers
7. What does Dumbledore tell Harry to look closely at for proof that he belongs in Gryffindor house?
(a) The scar on his head
(b) The sword from the sorting hat
(c) His wand
(d) The pheonix
8. Why does Draco Malfoy not see the Golden Snitch when it was by his ear?
(a) He is laughing at Harry.
(b) He gets something in his eye.
(c) He is showing off for his father.
(d) He is posing for the girls.
9. What does the phoenix, Fawkes, drop at Harry's feet in the Chamber of Secrets that amuses Tom Riddle?
(a) The sorting hat
(b) A book
(c) A mirror
(d) The invisibility cloak
10. What does the head spider, Aragog, tell Harry about the creature that comes from the Chamber of Secrets?
(a) It likes peanut butter.
(b) It is controlled by a student.
(c) It is deadly.
(d) Spiders fear it.
11. Why is Moaning Myrtle crying?
(a) Someone comes in to laugh at her.
(b) She hears a voice threatening her.
(c) She lives in a toliet.
(d) Someone throws a book through her head.
12. What does Harry put into the diary before he gives it back to Lucius Malfoy?
(a) A enchanted piece of paper
(b) A howler letter
(c) A shoe lace
(d) A sock
13. What does Hermione wake Harry and Ron up early to tell them?
(a) That Draco Malfoy has left for vacation.
(b) That she has a new pair of shoes.
(c) The Polyjuice Potion is ready.
(d) Someone else has been petrified.
14. How long does the book say they will have before they turn back?
(a) A month
(b) One hour
(c) Twelve hours
(d) One day
15. How does Harry destroy Tom Riddle's diary?
(a) Stabs it with the sword
(b) The pheonix eats it
(c) He burns it
(d) Punctures it with a Basilisk tooth
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is on the diary Ron and Harry find on the bathroom floor?
2. How long does Hermione tell Ron and Harry it will be before they can have the Polyjuice Potion ready?
3. What do Harry and Ron use to help them sneak out to visit Hagrid?
4. Who does Harry find in the secret chamber near Ginny's body?
5. What happens when Gilderoy Lockhart tries to fix Harry's broken arm?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)