|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dumbledore tell Harry about the Phoenix's tears?
(a) They give the gift of flight.
(b) They cause glimpses of the future.
(c) They are healing.
(d) They are like acid.
2. Why does Hermione say it's bad that Harry can talk to snakes?
(a) Because they are an evil animal
(b) Becuse Tom Riddle could talk to them
(c) Because Salazar Slytherin could talk to them
(d) Because it makes you look crazy
3. Where do Hermione, Ron and Harry go to read the Moste Potente Potions book?
(a) Back corner of the bathroom
(b) Professor Snape's bedroom
(c) Quidditch training room
(d) Moaning Myrtle's bathroom
4. What is Colin Creevey holding in his hands when he is found petrified?
(a) A glass of warm milk
(b) A looking glass
(c) A pair of slippers
(d) His camera
5. Who starts to tell Harry and Ron something before they are interrupted by Percy Weasley?
(a) Jordan Lee
(b) Neville Longbottom
(c) Ginny Weasley
(d) Professor Snape
6. Why is Moaning Myrtle crying?
(a) Someone comes in to laugh at her.
(b) Someone throws a book through her head.
(c) She lives in a toliet.
(d) She hears a voice threatening her.
7. When Harry sees some spiders walking in a straight line where does he realize they are heading?
(a) Hagrid's home
(b) Quidditch field
(c) The Forbidden Forest
(d) Moaning Myrtle's bathroom
8. What do Harry and Ron find Lockhart doing when they go to give him information about the Chamber of Secrets after Lockhart volunteered to enter the chamber to get Ginny back?
(a) signing autographs
(b) he has left
(c) packing to leave
(d) curling his hair
9. What does Harry and Ron find in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom?
(a) The entrance to the secret chamber
(b) Ginny's lifeless body
(c) Snake skin
(d) A lucky penny
10. Dobby tells Harry that ________ sent the Bludger.
(a) Tom Riddle
(b) Draco Malfoy
(c) Professor Snape
11. What is it that Dumbledore says makes Harry and Lord Voldemort different?
(a) Their choices
(b) Their powers
(c) Their pasts
(d) Their desires
12. What teacher does Hermione get to sign the paper giving her permission to go to the restricted section of the library?
(a) Professor Snape
(b) Gilderoy Lockhart
(c) Mr. Filch
13. Who decides he/she would be best for stealing the needed potion ingredients out of Snape's storeroom?
(d) Draco Malfoy
14. What is the password to enter the Slytherin Tower?
(a) Tom Marvalo Riddle
15. What goes wrong when Hermione takes the Polyjuice Potion?
(a) She grows six extra arms.
(b) She turns halfway into a cat.
(c) It does not affect her.
(d) She turns into Professor Snape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What article of clothing do Ron and Harry take from Crabbe and Goyle?
2. What does Hermione give Ron and Harry that is intended to keep Crabbe and Goyle away while they use the transformation potions?
3. How does Harry destroy Tom Riddle's diary?
4. What is found on the floor near Hermione's petrified body?
5. What wakes Harry up while he is in the hospital wing?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)