|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the voice NOT say that Harry hears when he is signing photos for Gilderoy Lockhart?
(a) Come to me
(b) Let me kill you
(c) Let me tear you
(d) Fear me
2. What is Harry given to eat before the Masons arrive?
(a) A peanut butter and jelly sandwich
(b) Moldy bread and a glass of water
(d) Two pieces of bread and a lump of cheese
3. What does Dudley say to Harry that makes him the most upset?
(a) That his mother and father were losers.
(b) That magic is stupid and Harry is too.
(c) That he does not have any friends.
(d) That his owl is going to be cooked for dinner.
4. Which two schools were said to have had a serious argument about which students to be let into Hogwarts?
(a) Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw
(b) Gryffindor and Hufflepuff
(c) Slytherin and Gryffindor
(d) Ravenclaw and Slytherin
5. While the car is beginning to fall to earth, Ron lets go of the wheel to get ____________ out of his back pocket.
(a) A magic jelly bean
(b) His flying dust
(c) His cell phone
(d) His magic wand
6. What does Dobby tell Harry he must not do?
(a) Stand on one foot with his finger in his ear.
(b) Leave the Dursley house.
(c) Go back to Hogwarts
(d) Stop his magic learning.
7. What does Harry do with Dobby when Uncle Vernon comes into the room to tell Harry to be quiet?
(a) Throws him out the window
(b) Puts a magic spell on him
(c) Puts him in the closet
(d) Throws him under the bed
8. What does Ron say, to tease Harry, that Ginny Weasley and Colin Creevey might start?
(a) A musical group called "Tribute to Harry Potter"
(c) Harry Potter theme song
(d) Harry Potter fan club
9. What does Hermione tell Ron she has been very busy with over the summer?
(a) Summer job
(b) Perfecting spells
(c) Helping her mother
(d) School work
10. What is Gilderoy Lockhart doing at the bookshop?
(a) Giving interviews
(b) Teaching classes
(c) Advertising his new book
(d) Signing books
11. Who catches Ron, Hermione and Harry coming out of the girls' bathroom where Moaning Myrtle stays?
(a) Percy Weasley
(b) Mr. Filch
(c) Professor Snape
(d) Ron and George
12. Why is Hagrid not allowed to use magic?
(a) He was involved in an accident involving students.
(b) He was expelled from Hogwarts in his third year.
(c) He was cursed by a dragon wizard.
(d) He cannot control his power.
13. How long does Dobby say he must serve his wizarding family?
(a) Until he decides to quit
(b) Two hundred years
(d) Two years
14. What does Dobby do that gets Harry in trouble with his Uncle Vernon?
(a) Puts live bugs on the dinner dishes
(b) Sets the house of fire
(c) Puts a magic spell on the stove
(d) Drops Aunt Petunia's pudding dessert
15. Who freezes the pixies with a charm?
(d) Professor Snape
Short Answer Questions
1. What attacks the car after it has crashed?
2. What happens when Ron and Harry try to get to Platform Nine and Three-Quarters?
3. What allows Ron to be level with Harry's window?
4. Who shows up outside Harry's window after Harry has been locked in his room?
5. Who poses for the picture with Harry for Colin Creevey?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)