|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry have to do for his detention punishment?
(a) Polish the silver with Mr. Filch
(b) Sign fan mail for Gilderoy Lockhart
(c) Help Hagrid with his pumkins
(d) Help Professor Sprout with the Mandrakes
2. What happens when Ron and Harry try to get to Platform Nine and Three-Quarters?
(a) They get on the wrong train.
(b) They end up in a different city.
(c) They crash into the wall.
(d) They dissapear into another dimension.
3. What does Mr. Weasley install on the car in case they want to fly it?
(b) Extra Seatbelts
(c) A painting on the underside of the car to look like a cloud.
(d) Invisibility Booster
4. What does Professor McGonagall tell the boys they should have done instead of drive the car?
(a) Sat and waited on someone
(b) Done a magic gypsy dance
(c) Take a cab
(d) Send an owl
5. What does Ron say, to tease Harry, that Ginny Weasley and Colin Creevey might start?
(a) Harry Potter theme song
(b) A musical group called "Tribute to Harry Potter"
(d) Harry Potter fan club
6. Who is standing behind Ron and Harry while they look in the window at the Hogwarts sorting ceremonies?
(b) Mr. Dursley
(c) Professor Snape
(d) Professor Dumbledore
7. At what has Gilderoy Lockhart claimed he is better than Professor Sprout?
(a) Weeding the magical plants
(b) Doctoring the Whomping Willow
(c) Growing fairy clover
(d) Doing the Two-Step
8. What does Harry do with Dobby when Uncle Vernon comes into the room to tell Harry to be quiet?
(a) Puts him in the closet
(b) Puts a magic spell on him
(c) Throws him under the bed
(d) Throws him out the window
9. What letter does Harry find on the desk of Argus Filch?
(b) Magic Cleaning Supplier
(c) Cat club
(d) How to be a people person
10. What club has refused to admit Nearly Headless Nick?
(a) Hat Haters united
(b) The Headless Hunt
(c) The Dead Mans writting club
(d) Executioner's Block Club
11. Who catches Ron, Hermione and Harry coming out of the girls' bathroom where Moaning Myrtle stays?
(a) Mr. Filch
(b) Ron and George
(c) Percy Weasley
(d) Professor Snape
12. What does Dobby pull out of his clothing that belongs to Harry?
(a) Pictures of his parents
(b) Letters from his friends
(d) His favorite dance videos
13. What comes out of Ron's mouth after his curse towards Draco Malfoy misfires?
(a) Rotten fruit
(b) Singing frogs
14. What does Uncle Vernon do with Harry's items from Hogwarts when Harry gets home for the holidays?
(a) Locks them away under the stairs in the cupboard
(b) Throws them away
(c) Burns them
(d) Puts them in a chest in the attic
15. What does Gilderoy Lockhart let go in the class room and leave the students to catch?
(a) Garden gnomes
(b) Cornish pixies
(d) Enchanted spiders
Short Answer Questions
1. How many letters has Harry received from his friends over the holidays?
2. What does Dobby tell Harry he must not do?
3. Whose books do they get for school?
4. What do Fred and George tell Harry about a House Elf's power?
5. Why is the Mandrake considered dangerous?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)