|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harry think of first when they are naming people that might play a trick on Harry?
(a) Severus Snape
(b) Neville Longbottom
(c) Tom Riddle
(d) Draco Malfoy
2. Whose books do they get for school?
(a) Tom Riddle
(b) Sigmund Freud
(d) Gilderoy Lockhart
3. What kind of elf is Dobby?
(a) Shoe Elf
(b) House Elf
(c) The Best Elf
(d) Cupboard Elf
4. What has Hermione drawn on her schedule next to Gilderoy Lockhart's lessons?
(b) Lockharts smiling face
5. What do Ron, Hermione, and Harry find when they go back to the Hall where Mrs. Norris had been petrified?
6. What does the mirror in the kitchen at the Weasley house tell Harry to do?
(a) Tuck in his shirt
(b) Do a dance
(c) Wash his face
(d) Comb his hair
7. What does Dobby say he will have to do later as punishment to himself for coming to see Harry?
(a) Slap himself with a whip
(b) Eat candy till he pukes
(c) Drop something heavy on his foot
(d) Shut his ears in the oven door
8. Why does Aunt Petunia put Harry to work with the threat of no food until he is done?
(a) He ate a piece of pie early.
(b) He pretended to cast a spell on Dudley.
(c) He was flying his broom in the house.
(d) He yelled at Dudley.
9. What is Gilderoy Lockhart doing at the bookshop?
(a) Signing books
(b) Giving interviews
(c) Teaching classes
(d) Advertising his new book
10. What was turned into a spider that causes Ron to have a fear of them?
(a) His underwear
(b) His teddy bear
(c) His birthday cake
(d) His bike
11. What do Fred and George tell Harry about a House Elf's power?
(a) They draw from their masters for their powers.
(b) It leaves an awful stink.
(c) Very powerful but hard to control
(d) Very powerful but they have to have permission to use it
12. Who does Professor Binns say will be able to open the chamber according to the legend?
(a) A student of Slytherin
(b) The one true heir
(c) The one that knows the passwords
(d) Anyone magical
13. What does Harry yell to Uncle Vernon and the others as he and the Weasleys drive away?
(a) See ya later, suckers.
(b) See you next summer.
(c) Don't worry I'll be fine.
(d) Thanks for the good time.
14. What does Filch say that Harry knows that he is?
(a) A mud-blood
(b) A filthy man
(c) A Squib
(d) A muggle
15. What is Harry given to eat before the Masons arrive?
(a) A peanut butter and jelly sandwich
(b) Moldy bread and a glass of water
(d) Two pieces of bread and a lump of cheese
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they travel to Diagon Alley to get school supplies?
2. Who helps Harry get out of trouble with Argus Filch?
3. What does Uncle Vernon say the Masons know about Harry?
4. Why does Harry tell Fred and George to look out for the bottom stair step?
5. What is the first thing the car begins to do that worries Harry and Ron?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)