|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the letter Ron receives from his mother do after it is done screaming at him?
(a) Rips itself into pieces
(c) Begins to bite people
(d) Bursts into flames
2. Whose books do they get for school?
(a) Tom Riddle
(c) Sigmund Freud
(d) Gilderoy Lockhart
3. How do Harry and Ron get to Hogwarts?
(a) A taxi cab
(b) A giant bird
(d) In the magical flying car.
4. What does Dobby say he will have to do later as punishment to himself for coming to see Harry?
(a) Drop something heavy on his foot
(b) Shut his ears in the oven door
(c) Slap himself with a whip
(d) Eat candy till he pukes
5. What does the mirror in the kitchen at the Weasley house tell Harry to do?
(a) Tuck in his shirt
(b) Wash his face
(c) Do a dance
(d) Comb his hair
6. What does Harry see in the bushes that catches his attention?
(a) Two Eyes
(b) A Wolf
(c) A Singing Frog
(d) A Fairy
7. Who does the sign tell to "beware?"
(a) Enemies of the Heir
(b) Enemies of rythm
(c) Enemies of Lord Voldemort
(d) Enemies of pure bloods
8. What does Ron's brother Charlie do?
(a) Studies the yeti in Asia
(b) Disects sea monsters in Chin
(c) Sleeps a lot
(d) Studies dragons in Romania
9. What kind of elf is Dobby?
(a) House Elf
(b) Cupboard Elf
(c) The Best Elf
(d) Shoe Elf
10. What is Gilderoy Lockhart doing at the bookshop?
(a) Teaching classes
(b) Advertising his new book
(c) Signing books
(d) Giving interviews
11. What does Filch say that Harry knows that he is?
(a) A mud-blood
(b) A filthy man
(c) A Squib
(d) A muggle
12. Which two schools were said to have had a serious argument about which students to be let into Hogwarts?
(a) Ravenclaw and Slytherin
(b) Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw
(c) Gryffindor and Hufflepuff
(d) Slytherin and Gryffindor
13. Who arrives and tells Ron and Harry the password to enter Gryffindor Tower?
(a) Professor Snape
(b) Lee Jordan
(d) Neville Longbottom
14. What does Dobby tell Harry he must not do?
(a) Stand on one foot with his finger in his ear.
(b) Leave the Dursley house.
(c) Stop his magic learning.
(d) Go back to Hogwarts
15. What letter does Harry find on the desk of Argus Filch?
(a) How to be a people person
(c) Cat club
(d) Magic Cleaning Supplier
Short Answer Questions
1. The story in the issue of the Evening Prophet that Professor Snape shows Harry and Ron is about ________________________.
2. How long does Lockhart say that they have been signing fan mail when he lets Harry leave?
3. What does Harry ask Dobby that causes Dobby to cry?
4. How do Fred and George get to Harry's magic items that have been locked up in the cupboard?
5. Where is Ron's father that he does not know the boys took the car?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)