|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story in the issue of the Evening Prophet that Professor Snape shows Harry and Ron is about ________________________.
(a) Ron and Harry running into the wall at the train station
(b) Dobby the house elf marries big foot
(c) Harry using magic at the Dursley house
(d) Ron and Harry flying the magic car
2. Who tags along with Harry to Quidditch practice even though Harry tries to get him/her not to do it?
(c) Colin Creevey
(d) George and Fred
3. What important item does Harry almost forget until it makes noise?
(b) An enchanted spell book
(c) His phone
(d) His gameboy
4. What does Professor Snape suggest Harry should be restricted from until he tells the truth about the cat?
(a) Quidditch matches
(b) Spell casting
(c) Afternoon activities
5. Why does Gilderoy Lockhart think that Harry flew the car to Hogwarts?
(a) Because of a fear of trains
(b) Girls he wanted to impress
(d) Thrill seekers
6. What does Harry have to do for his detention punishment?
(a) Help Professor Sprout with the Mandrakes
(b) Help Hagrid with his pumkins
(c) Polish the silver with Mr. Filch
(d) Sign fan mail for Gilderoy Lockhart
7. Once out of the strange shop, who does Harry find that helps him to Diagon Alley?
(b) Severas Snape
(c) Mr. Weasley
8. Where is Dudley told he will be when the Masons arrive for dinner?
(a) The living room with their drinks.
(b) Outside so they will know where to park
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) The door to take coats
9. What was turned into a spider that causes Ron to have a fear of them?
(a) His bike
(b) His underwear
(c) His birthday cake
(d) His teddy bear
10. What does Uncle Vernon say the Masons know about Harry?
(a) Absolutely nothing
(b) Very little
(c) Everything magic
(d) More than Vernon wanted to tell
11. What happens when Ron and Harry try to get to Platform Nine and Three-Quarters?
(a) They end up in a different city.
(b) They crash into the wall.
(c) They dissapear into another dimension.
(d) They get on the wrong train.
12. While the car is beginning to fall to earth, Ron lets go of the wheel to get ____________ out of his back pocket.
(a) His magic wand
(b) His cell phone
(c) His flying dust
(d) A magic jelly bean
13. Whose office is Harry brought to for tracking mud into the castle?
(a) Professor Sprout
(b) Argus Filch
(c) Professor Snape
(d) Aunt Petunia
14. What comes into the house that terrifies the Masons?
(a) A rabid wolf
(b) A dog
(c) An owl
(d) A cat
15. Which two schools were said to have had a serious argument about which students to be let into Hogwarts?
(a) Gryffindor and Hufflepuff
(b) Ravenclaw and Slytherin
(c) Slytherin and Gryffindor
(d) Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry yell to Uncle Vernon and the others as he and the Weasleys drive away?
2. Who catches Ron, Hermione and Harry coming out of the girls' bathroom where Moaning Myrtle stays?
3. Where is Ron's father that he does not know the boys took the car?
4. What does Hagrid say he is looking for in Knockturn Alley?
5. What club has refused to admit Nearly Headless Nick?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)