|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mirror in the kitchen at the Weasley house tell Harry to do?
(a) Comb his hair
(b) Wash his face
(c) Do a dance
(d) Tuck in his shirt
2. How long does Lockhart say that they have been signing fan mail when he lets Harry leave?
(a) Four hours
(b) Half the night
(c) Six hours
(d) Half and hour
3. Why is the Mandrake considered dangerous?
(a) Anyone who looks at it long enough becomes entranced.
(b) It smells bad enough to cause convulsions.
(c) Its bite will cause death in moments.
(d) Its cry is fatal to anyone who hears it.
4. What does Hermione tell Ron she has been very busy with over the summer?
(a) School work
(b) Summer job
(c) Helping her mother
(d) Perfecting spells
5. What comes out of Ron's mouth after his curse towards Draco Malfoy misfires?
(a) Singing frogs
(c) Rotten fruit
6. What does Hagrid say he is looking for in Knockturn Alley?
(a) Flesh-Eatin' Slug Repellent
(b) Maddening Wasp Repellent
(c) New Dancing Shoes
(d) Snake Skin Repellent
7. Who helps Harry get out of trouble with Argus Filch?
(a) Nearly Headless Nick
(b) Ron and Hermione
(d) Uncle Vernon
8. Who arrives and tells Ron and Harry the password to enter Gryffindor Tower?
(a) Neville Longbottom
(b) Professor Snape
(c) Lee Jordan
9. What does Uncle Vernon do with Harry's items from Hogwarts when Harry gets home for the holidays?
(a) Locks them away under the stairs in the cupboard
(b) Puts them in a chest in the attic
(c) Throws them away
(d) Burns them
10. What do Fred and George tell Harry about a House Elf's power?
(a) It leaves an awful stink.
(b) Very powerful but they have to have permission to use it
(c) Very powerful but hard to control
(d) They draw from their masters for their powers.
11. What does Uncle Vernon say the Masons know about Harry?
(a) More than Vernon wanted to tell
(b) Very little
(c) Everything magic
(d) Absolutely nothing
12. Who does Harry and Hermione take Ron to see when he curses himself?
(b) Gilderoy Lockhart
(c) Draco Malfoy
13. What club has refused to admit Nearly Headless Nick?
(a) Executioner's Block Club
(b) The Headless Hunt
(c) The Dead Mans writting club
(d) Hat Haters united
14. Who does Professor Binns say built the secret chamber in the school according to legend?
(a) Helga Hufflepuff
(c) Rowena Ravenclaw
(d) Salazar Slytherin
15. Who does Hermione ask to tell them about the Chamber of Secrets?
(a) Professor Binns
(b) Professor Snape
(c) Professor McGonnagle
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dobby do that gets Harry in trouble with his Uncle Vernon?
2. Why does Harry tell Fred and George to look out for the bottom stair step?
3. What does Harry see in the bushes that catches his attention?
4. How many letters has Harry received from his friends over the holidays?
5. Who tags along with Harry to Quidditch practice even though Harry tries to get him/her not to do it?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)