|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hagrid not allowed to use magic?
(a) He was cursed by a dragon wizard.
(b) He cannot control his power.
(c) He was expelled from Hogwarts in his third year.
(d) He was involved in an accident involving students.
2. What allows Ron to be level with Harry's window?
(a) A ladder
(b) A magic carpet
(c) A flying car
(d) A dragon
3. Which two schools were said to have had a serious argument about which students to be let into Hogwarts?
(a) Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw
(b) Ravenclaw and Slytherin
(c) Gryffindor and Hufflepuff
(d) Slytherin and Gryffindor
4. What was turned into a spider that causes Ron to have a fear of them?
(a) His bike
(b) His birthday cake
(c) His underwear
(d) His teddy bear
5. What letter does Harry find on the desk of Argus Filch?
(a) Cat club
(b) Magic Cleaning Supplier
(d) How to be a people person
6. What does Draco Malfoy call Hermione?
(a) Mud Blood
(b) Ron's girlfriend
(c) Magic hack
(d) Snot licker
7. What do Fred and George tell Harry about a House Elf's power?
(a) They draw from their masters for their powers.
(b) Very powerful but they have to have permission to use it
(c) Very powerful but hard to control
(d) It leaves an awful stink.
8. What does Dobby say he will have to do later as punishment to himself for coming to see Harry?
(a) Drop something heavy on his foot
(b) Eat candy till he pukes
(c) Shut his ears in the oven door
(d) Slap himself with a whip
9. What does the mirror in the kitchen at the Weasley house tell Harry to do?
(a) Do a dance
(b) Tuck in his shirt
(c) Wash his face
(d) Comb his hair
10. While the car is beginning to fall to earth, Ron lets go of the wheel to get ____________ out of his back pocket.
(a) His cell phone
(b) His flying dust
(c) A magic jelly bean
(d) His magic wand
11. Who is the new Seeker on the Slytherin team?
(a) Draco Malfoy
(d) Marcus Flint
12. What does Harry do with Dobby when Uncle Vernon comes into the room to tell Harry to be quiet?
(a) Puts him in the closet
(b) Throws him under the bed
(c) Puts a magic spell on him
(d) Throws him out the window
13. What does Hagrid say he is looking for in Knockturn Alley?
(a) New Dancing Shoes
(b) Maddening Wasp Repellent
(c) Snake Skin Repellent
(d) Flesh-Eatin' Slug Repellent
14. Who sent the letter that Errol has?
(b) Ministry of Magic
15. Why does Colin Creevey say that he wants to take Harry's picture?
(a) For the school year book
(b) So he can have something to laugh at
(c) For Quidditch posters
(d) To prove that he has met Harry
Short Answer Questions
1. What club has refused to admit Nearly Headless Nick?
2. Who helps Harry get out of trouble with Argus Filch?
3. What does Harry break when he travels by Floo powder?
4. Who does Harry and Hermione take Ron to see when he curses himself?
5. What does Professor Snape suggest Harry should be restricted from until he tells the truth about the cat?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)