|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Vernon do with Harry's items from Hogwarts when Harry gets home for the holidays?
(a) Locks them away under the stairs in the cupboard
(b) Throws them away
(c) Burns them
(d) Puts them in a chest in the attic
2. What does the mirror in the kitchen at the Weasley house tell Harry to do?
(a) Tuck in his shirt
(b) Do a dance
(c) Wash his face
(d) Comb his hair
3. What does Ron tell Harry the definition of a Squib is?
(a) Wizarding grandparents that have been forgotten
(b) Magical powers that cannot be released
(c) Wizarding parents but who have no powers themselves
(d) Wizarding parents that refused to let them learn magic
4. Whose office is Harry brought to for tracking mud into the castle?
(a) Argus Filch
(b) Professor Sprout
(c) Professor Snape
(d) Aunt Petunia
5. How do they travel to Diagon Alley to get school supplies?
(a) Floo Powder
(b) Magic Car
(c) Giant Sloths
6. Who yells that the Mud Bloods will be next when he sees Mrs. Norris hanging petrified?
(b) Professor Snape
(c) Draco Malfoy
7. What does Hermione tell Ron she has been very busy with over the summer?
(a) Summer job
(b) Helping her mother
(c) School work
(d) Perfecting spells
8. To what do Fred and George feed a Filibuster firework?
(d) A teacher
9. Who does Harry see in the shop where he is accidentally transported?
(a) Draco Malfoy
(b) Mr. Weasley
(c) Tom Riddle
10. Where does Myrtle live?
(a) The girls' toilet
(b) An empty teachers room
(c) The discotech
(d) The woods
11. What does Harry break when he travels by Floo powder?
(a) His glasses
(b) His wand
(c) His feelings
(d) His nose
12. What club has refused to admit Nearly Headless Nick?
(a) The Headless Hunt
(b) Hat Haters united
(c) Executioner's Block Club
(d) The Dead Mans writting club
13. Where is Harry told to be when the Masons arrive?
(a) In the attic sleeping
(b) At the neighbors house
(c) In the backyard mowing
(d) In his room pretending he does not exist
14. Why does the Slytherin team get special permission from Professor Snape to practice?
(a) Because Professor Snape does not like the Gryffindor team
(b) To train their new Seeker
(c) To have an equal advantage when they play
(d) Because they have flying exams later
15. How do Fred and George get to Harry's magic items that have been locked up in the cupboard?
(a) Threaten Mr. Dursley
(b) Pick the lock
(c) Knock the door down
(d) Magic spell
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry ask Dobby that causes Dobby to cry?
2. What does Hagrid say he is looking for in Knockturn Alley?
3. What does Filch say that Harry knows that he is?
4. What does Ron's brother Charlie do?
5. What happens when Ron and Harry try to get to Platform Nine and Three-Quarters?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)