|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Fred and George get to Harry's magic items that have been locked up in the cupboard?
(a) Threaten Mr. Dursley
(b) Knock the door down
(c) Pick the lock
(d) Magic spell
2. What does Hermione tell Ron she has been very busy with over the summer?
(a) Helping her mother
(b) Summer job
(c) Perfecting spells
(d) School work
3. Who shows up outside Harry's window after Harry has been locked in his room?
(d) Ron Weasley
4. What does Ron tell Harry the definition of a Squib is?
(a) Wizarding parents that refused to let them learn magic
(b) Wizarding grandparents that have been forgotten
(c) Wizarding parents but who have no powers themselves
(d) Magical powers that cannot be released
5. What are Harry and Ron supposed to be turning their beetles into in Transfiguration class?
(c) Tap dancing beetles
6. Why does Gilderoy Lockhart think that Harry flew the car to Hogwarts?
(a) Because of a fear of trains
(b) Thrill seekers
(c) Girls he wanted to impress
7. Why does Harry tell Fred and George to look out for the bottom stair step?
(a) It is broken.
(b) It creaks.
(c) It is slippery.
(d) It has a trip wire.
8. Where is Harry told to be when the Masons arrive?
(a) In the attic sleeping
(b) In his room pretending he does not exist
(c) In the backyard mowing
(d) At the neighbors house
9. Who yells that the Mud Bloods will be next when he sees Mrs. Norris hanging petrified?
(b) Draco Malfoy
(c) Professor Snape
10. What does Dudley say to Harry that makes him the most upset?
(a) That he does not have any friends.
(b) That his owl is going to be cooked for dinner.
(c) That his mother and father were losers.
(d) That magic is stupid and Harry is too.
11. What allows Ron to be level with Harry's window?
(a) A ladder
(b) A dragon
(c) A magic carpet
(d) A flying car
12. What happens when Ron and Harry try to get to Platform Nine and Three-Quarters?
(a) They dissapear into another dimension.
(b) They crash into the wall.
(c) They get on the wrong train.
(d) They end up in a different city.
13. What is Harry given to eat before the Masons arrive?
(a) Moldy bread and a glass of water
(c) A peanut butter and jelly sandwich
(d) Two pieces of bread and a lump of cheese
14. What does the letter Ron receives from his mother do after it is done screaming at him?
(a) Bursts into flames
(b) Rips itself into pieces
(d) Begins to bite people
15. What does Harry have to do for his detention punishment?
(a) Help Hagrid with his pumkins
(b) Sign fan mail for Gilderoy Lockhart
(c) Polish the silver with Mr. Filch
(d) Help Professor Sprout with the Mandrakes
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dudley told he will be when the Masons arrive for dinner?
2. Which two schools were said to have had a serious argument about which students to be let into Hogwarts?
3. What does Ron get during breakfast from his mother?
4. What does Dobby pull out of his clothing that belongs to Harry?
5. What does Ron's brother Charlie do?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)