|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the voice NOT say that Harry hears when he is signing photos for Gilderoy Lockhart?
(a) Fear me
(b) Come to me
(c) Let me tear you
(d) Let me kill you
2. What do Fred and George tell Harry about a House Elf's power?
(a) They draw from their masters for their powers.
(b) Very powerful but hard to control
(c) Very powerful but they have to have permission to use it
(d) It leaves an awful stink.
3. What happens to Ron's wand in the crash?
(a) It breaks into two pieces
(b) It starts to glow
(c) It turns into a snake
(d) It gets lost
4. What is the first thing the car begins to do that worries Harry and Ron?
(a) Makes a whining noise
(b) Falls to the ground
(c) Shudders and shakes
(d) Turns upside down
5. What attacks the car after it has crashed?
(a) Several angry owls
(b) A flock of birds
(c) The tree into which it crashed
(d) A giant spider
6. What does Professor Snape suggest Harry should be restricted from until he tells the truth about the cat?
(b) Spell casting
(c) Quidditch matches
(d) Afternoon activities
7. What does Ron tell Harry the definition of a Squib is?
(a) Magical powers that cannot be released
(b) Wizarding parents that refused to let them learn magic
(c) Wizarding grandparents that have been forgotten
(d) Wizarding parents but who have no powers themselves
8. Why does Dobby tell Harry he has come to talk to him?
(a) To warn him
(b) To yell at him
(c) To spit on him
(d) To talk to him
9. What does Gilderoy Lockhart let go in the class room and leave the students to catch?
(a) Enchanted spiders
(b) Garden gnomes
(d) Cornish pixies
10. What comes into the house that terrifies the Masons?
(a) A dog
(b) A cat
(c) An owl
(d) A rabid wolf
11. Why does Harry tell Fred and George to look out for the bottom stair step?
(a) It is broken.
(b) It creaks.
(c) It is slippery.
(d) It has a trip wire.
12. How do Fred and George get to Harry's magic items that have been locked up in the cupboard?
(a) Magic spell
(b) Knock the door down
(c) Threaten Mr. Dursley
(d) Pick the lock
13. Where does Myrtle live?
(a) The woods
(b) An empty teachers room
(c) The girls' toilet
(d) The discotech
14. While the car is beginning to fall to earth, Ron lets go of the wheel to get ____________ out of his back pocket.
(a) His flying dust
(b) A magic jelly bean
(c) His cell phone
(d) His magic wand
15. What was turned into a spider that causes Ron to have a fear of them?
(a) His birthday cake
(b) His teddy bear
(c) His bike
(d) His underwear
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Filch say that Harry knows that he is?
2. What does Harry break when he travels by Floo powder?
3. To what do Fred and George feed a Filibuster firework?
4. What does Nearly Headless Nick ask Harry to do as a favor?
5. Who helps Harry get out of trouble with Argus Filch?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)