|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lives in their attic according to Ron?
(a) A fairy
(b) A psycho
(c) A leprechaun
(d) A ghoul
2. What does Professor McGonagall tell the boys they should have done instead of drive the car?
(a) Sat and waited on someone
(b) Send an owl
(c) Take a cab
(d) Done a magic gypsy dance
3. What does Dudley say to Harry that makes him the most upset?
(a) That magic is stupid and Harry is too.
(b) That his mother and father were losers.
(c) That he does not have any friends.
(d) That his owl is going to be cooked for dinner.
4. Why is the Mandrake considered dangerous?
(a) Its bite will cause death in moments.
(b) Its cry is fatal to anyone who hears it.
(c) It smells bad enough to cause convulsions.
(d) Anyone who looks at it long enough becomes entranced.
5. How do they travel to Diagon Alley to get school supplies?
(a) Giant Sloths
(b) Magic Car
(c) Floo Powder
6. What does Harry do with Dobby when Uncle Vernon comes into the room to tell Harry to be quiet?
(a) Throws him out the window
(b) Throws him under the bed
(c) Puts a magic spell on him
(d) Puts him in the closet
7. Who does the sign tell to "beware?"
(a) Enemies of the Heir
(b) Enemies of rythm
(c) Enemies of pure bloods
(d) Enemies of Lord Voldemort
8. Who else is in the car with Ron?
(b) George and Fred
(d) Ron's mother
9. Hermione does not want to talk to ____________ at Nick's Deathday party.
(b) Nearly Headless Nick
(c) The Bloody Baron
(d) Moaning Myrtle
10. What does Hermione tell Ron she has been very busy with over the summer?
(a) Perfecting spells
(b) Summer job
(c) Helping her mother
(d) School work
11. What do the boys say about a family that would be able to own a House Elf?
(a) It would be lazy.
(b) It would be unkind.
(c) It would be rich.
(d) It would be evil.
12. What are Harry and Ron supposed to be turning their beetles into in Transfiguration class?
(b) Tap dancing beetles
13. Which two schools were said to have had a serious argument about which students to be let into Hogwarts?
(a) Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw
(b) Ravenclaw and Slytherin
(c) Gryffindor and Hufflepuff
(d) Slytherin and Gryffindor
14. Who does Hermione ask to tell them about the Chamber of Secrets?
(a) Professor Snape
(b) Professor McGonnagle
(d) Professor Binns
15. Who freezes the pixies with a charm?
(c) Professor Snape
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harry see in the shop where he is accidentally transported?
2. What does Ron tell Harry the definition of a Squib is?
3. What is Harry given to eat before the Masons arrive?
4. What club has refused to admit Nearly Headless Nick?
5. Why does the Slytherin team get special permission from Professor Snape to practice?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)