|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Dobby say he must serve his wizarding family?
(a) Two hundred years
(c) Until he decides to quit
(d) Two years
2. What is wrong with Harry's owl?
(a) It ate a sickly cat.
(b) It wants out of its cage.
(c) It is hungry.
(d) It hates Dudley.
3. What does Uncle Vernon's company make?
(a) Writing Utensils
4. How do they travel to Diagon Alley to get school supplies?
(a) Floo Powder
(c) Giant Sloths
(d) Magic Car
5. Why is Hagrid not allowed to use magic?
(a) He was cursed by a dragon wizard.
(b) He was involved in an accident involving students.
(c) He cannot control his power.
(d) He was expelled from Hogwarts in his third year.
6. What does Dobby do that gets Harry in trouble with his Uncle Vernon?
(a) Puts a magic spell on the stove
(b) Sets the house of fire
(c) Drops Aunt Petunia's pudding dessert
(d) Puts live bugs on the dinner dishes
7. Who calls Myrtle over to Hermione?
(a) The Fat Friar
(b) The Bloody Baron
(c) Peeves the Poltergeist
(d) Nearly Headless Nick
8. While the car is beginning to fall to earth, Ron lets go of the wheel to get ____________ out of his back pocket.
(a) His flying dust
(b) His cell phone
(c) His magic wand
(d) A magic jelly bean
9. Why does Colin Creevey say that he wants to take Harry's picture?
(a) So he can have something to laugh at
(b) To prove that he has met Harry
(c) For Quidditch posters
(d) For the school year book
10. What allows Ron to be level with Harry's window?
(a) A ladder
(b) A dragon
(c) A magic carpet
(d) A flying car
11. What does Ron say, to tease Harry, that Ginny Weasley and Colin Creevey might start?
(b) Harry Potter fan club
(c) A musical group called "Tribute to Harry Potter"
(d) Harry Potter theme song
12. Who does Ron think knows about the Chamber of Secrets?
(a) Professor Snape
(c) Draco Malfoy
13. What does the letter say that is delivered after Dobby drops the pudding?
(a) That he must return to school at once.
(b) That since magic came from his house, Harry is expelled from school.
(c) The house elf has been stolen.
(d) The pudding commision is going to sue him.
14. What does Nearly Headless Nick ask Harry to do as a favor?
(a) Find him a date
(b) Show up at his Deathday party
(c) See if he can find a spell to remove the last part of his head
(d) Speak with the leaders of the Headless Hunt
15. Who does Professor Binns say built the secret chamber in the school according to legend?
(b) Rowena Ravenclaw
(c) Helga Hufflepuff
(d) Salazar Slytherin
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harry and Hermione take Ron to see when he curses himself?
2. What comes into the house that terrifies the Masons?
3. Where is Dudley told he will be when the Masons arrive for dinner?
4. Who is the new Seeker on the Slytherin team?
5. Who is standing behind Ron and Harry while they look in the window at the Hogwarts sorting ceremonies?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)