|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Dobby say he must serve his wizarding family?
(a) Two hundred years
(b) Two years
(c) Until he decides to quit
2. How do they travel to Diagon Alley to get school supplies?
(a) Floo Powder
(c) Giant Sloths
(d) Magic Car
3. What does Harry see in the bushes that catches his attention?
(a) A Singing Frog
(b) Two Eyes
(c) A Fairy
(d) A Wolf
4. Why does Aunt Petunia put Harry to work with the threat of no food until he is done?
(a) He ate a piece of pie early.
(b) He yelled at Dudley.
(c) He pretended to cast a spell on Dudley.
(d) He was flying his broom in the house.
5. What does Uncle Vernon say the Masons know about Harry?
(a) Very little
(b) Everything magic
(c) More than Vernon wanted to tell
(d) Absolutely nothing
6. Who yells that the Mud Bloods will be next when he sees Mrs. Norris hanging petrified?
(c) Professor Snape
(d) Draco Malfoy
7. Who tags along with Harry to Quidditch practice even though Harry tries to get him/her not to do it?
(b) George and Fred
(d) Colin Creevey
8. Why does Hermione want to get the Moste Potente Potions book?
(a) Truth serum
(b) To keep the table from wobbling
(c) Future juice
(d) Polyjuice potion
9. Why does Colin Creevey say that he wants to take Harry's picture?
(a) So he can have something to laugh at
(b) To prove that he has met Harry
(c) For Quidditch posters
(d) For the school year book
10. Who do Harry, Ron and Hermione find petrified when they follow the voice that Harry hears?
(a) Hagrid's dog
(b) A spider
(c) Dumbledore's bird
(d) Mrs. Norris, the cat
11. What does the mirror in the kitchen at the Weasley house tell Harry to do?
(a) Tuck in his shirt
(b) Comb his hair
(c) Wash his face
(d) Do a dance
12. What lives in their attic according to Ron?
(a) A psycho
(b) A ghoul
(c) A leprechaun
(d) A fairy
13. What important item does Harry almost forget until it makes noise?
(a) An enchanted spell book
(b) His gameboy
(d) His phone
14. What comes out of Ron's mouth after his curse towards Draco Malfoy misfires?
(a) Rotten fruit
(b) Singing frogs
15. Why does the Slytherin team get special permission from Professor Snape to practice?
(a) Because Professor Snape does not like the Gryffindor team
(b) Because they have flying exams later
(c) To have an equal advantage when they play
(d) To train their new Seeker
Short Answer Questions
1. While the car is beginning to fall to earth, Ron lets go of the wheel to get ____________ out of his back pocket.
2. The story in the issue of the Evening Prophet that Professor Snape shows Harry and Ron is about ________________________.
3. What do the boys say about a family that would be able to own a House Elf?
4. Hermione does not want to talk to ____________ at Nick's Deathday party.
5. At what has Gilderoy Lockhart claimed he is better than Professor Sprout?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)