|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up outside Harry's window after Harry has been locked in his room?
(d) Ron Weasley
2. What do Fred and George tell Harry about a House Elf's power?
(a) It leaves an awful stink.
(b) Very powerful but hard to control
(c) They draw from their masters for their powers.
(d) Very powerful but they have to have permission to use it
3. What does Dudley say to Harry that makes him the most upset?
(a) That magic is stupid and Harry is too.
(b) That he does not have any friends.
(c) That his mother and father were losers.
(d) That his owl is going to be cooked for dinner.
4. What does the letter say that is delivered after Dobby drops the pudding?
(a) The house elf has been stolen.
(b) That since magic came from his house, Harry is expelled from school.
(c) That he must return to school at once.
(d) The pudding commision is going to sue him.
5. What comes into the house that terrifies the Masons?
(a) A cat
(b) A rabid wolf
(c) A dog
(d) An owl
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of elf is Dobby?
2. Whose fault does Ron originally think it might be when Harry does not answer any letters?
3. What does Uncle Vernon say the Masons know about Harry?
4. What is wrong with Harry's owl?
5. Where is Dudley told he will be when the Masons arrive for dinner?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)