|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Mandrake considered dangerous?
(a) Its cry is fatal to anyone who hears it.
(b) It smells bad enough to cause convulsions.
(c) Anyone who looks at it long enough becomes entranced.
(d) Its bite will cause death in moments.
2. What kind of elf is Dobby?
(a) House Elf
(b) The Best Elf
(c) Cupboard Elf
(d) Shoe Elf
3. What does Dobby say he will have to do later as punishment to himself for coming to see Harry?
(a) Drop something heavy on his foot
(b) Eat candy till he pukes
(c) Slap himself with a whip
(d) Shut his ears in the oven door
4. Who helps Harry get out of trouble with Argus Filch?
(a) Ron and Hermione
(b) Nearly Headless Nick
(d) Uncle Vernon
5. What do Fred and George tell Harry about a House Elf's power?
(a) It leaves an awful stink.
(b) Very powerful but hard to control
(c) Very powerful but they have to have permission to use it
(d) They draw from their masters for their powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the voice NOT say that Harry hears when he is signing photos for Gilderoy Lockhart?
2. What does Harry break when he travels by Floo powder?
3. What does Hagrid say he is looking for in Knockturn Alley?
4. Why does Gilderoy Lockhart think that Harry flew the car to Hogwarts?
5. What attacks the car after it has crashed?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)